Goodbye Jesus

Commercials That You Are Totally Sick Of....

Guest SereneAspiration

What I REALLY hate are the military commercials, and the ones for ordering those Christian worship music CDs. UGH. I HATE THOSE! I DO NOT WANT SUCKY CHRISTIAN MUSIC!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• The Sage Nabooru

• Thurisaz

• pandora

There's a new Wendy's commercial that I hate more than any commercial I've ever seen. A blonde ditzy lady is acting like a cook on a cooking show and showing how they make Wendy's salads. She says "Sensational!!" over and over again. The worst part is when she says, "and add real bacon and I'm not fakin'! Sensational!!"

I want to strangle her.

Uggghh! I just noticed that commercial a minute ago. I've probably seen it before but it was so bad my mind blocked it out like it would a really traumatic event. :HaHa:

I should go and strangle the person who came up with that pointless tv commercial. Oh, and there's another Whopper commercial where the hamburger son tells his Whopper daddy, "I wish I was never broiled!" :grin:

Commercials are like Barney... An agent of the devil.

Those effing Kidz Bop commercials. What. The. Hell. Some of those songs are completely innapropriate for the age group they market them to (even if they make poor attempts to change the lyrics to something appropriate). And some of them are just plain rediculous. I nearly spit out my Pibb Xtra when I saw a bunch of 7 year olds dancing and singing happily to Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"... Whaaaat.

I wonder if that is legal.

The Burger King king scares me too. I think that's the point though. Somehow ...

And I like the Geico commercial where the guy drops the gecko from his hand to give a thumbs up and you hear a *splat*. :HaHa: I've only ever seen that once, though.

What I really hate though more than anything in the whole world is on the Starz channels. They replay THE SAME TRAILERS over and over and over and OVER. Sometimes like 3 times inbetween movies/shows. I like the fact that they don't interupt shows but seriously, do we need to see previews for upcoming movies five MILLION times? I taped a marathon of one of the shows I watch on WAM and I am pretty sure I have more trailers for The Horse Whisperer on those tapes than exist anywhere else in the universe.

What I REALLY hate are the military commercials, and the ones for ordering those Christian worship music CDs. UGH. I HATE THOSE! I DO NOT WANT SUCKY CHRISTIAN MUSIC!

Those Christian worship CDs are fine in themselves - I can't stand them, but that's simply because the music quality is - well, let's face it, there is no music quality. But if other people like them, fine. What scares me about them are their creepy commercials, though. There's invariably a couple shots of a mixed group of pre-teens and prematurely balding thirty-somethings (but all white, of course) with their hands up in the air floating back and forth, eyes shut in ecstasy, lips barely moving to the exact same song sung only five minutes ago. (I think Christian contemporary music takes its inspiration from hymns - in that all the songs sound exactly alike.) A group of people hypnotized like human experiments in some old sci-fi movie, like the ones in which they're taught that the CEO of the company that manufactures them is God.

One thing that really pissed me off lately is the Aspercreme commercials. They used to sing, "You bet your sweet Aspercreme!" Ha, clever. They almost said "ass" on TV. Funny. But then some uptight mommy who started a committee to remove literature with anatomy descriptions from the Bookmobile was probably just the person who went insane to protect her children from the real world and expecting the offending world to do it for her, insisted that the current slogan was too offensive, and now they just rather lamely say, "You bet if it's Aspercreme." Sad.