Goodbye Jesus

Commercials That You Are Totally Sick Of....

Guest SereneAspiration

I hate the ringtone commercials too. "HEY! LIKE FUNNY JOKES? JUST TEXT MESSAGE 0666* TO 53491 TO INSTANTLY RECEIVE A JOKE A DAY!"

I miss when phones just dialed numbers and made calls. And they stayed in the house.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• The Sage Nabooru

• Thurisaz

• pandora

I was just reminded of another one. Pasta Express. This is the second new product to come out somewhat recently to help people in making and draining pasta.

How fucking hard is it to make pasta in the first place? And the BS about how it's faster and easier is just that. You still have to boil the water and you still have to cook the pasta. Same. time.

Frightens me how many people buy these things - for $20 no less.

Yeah. I make pasta quite a bit. It's the easiest thing in the world to make and you can throw whatever you want for toppings on it. All you need is a pot to boil it in and something to drain the water with. You don't need anything fancy. Use the $20 for a good pot if you want, but gimmicks are just silly.

I hate those animated smiley ads! They are on every fucking website! 15% of internet ads are for those damn things!

I'd like to strangle the person(s) who decided to carpet bomb the net with their fucking smiley ads! Kiss my ass smiley central!

:vent:

Any commercial that gets played twice in a row. Even if it isn't otherwise annoying.

Oh, and since colin brought up online advertizing....

Any website that has a gojillion popups.

Plus, those ads that stay in the same spot on your screen, even if you scroll down.

And those ones that pop out of their box, like a 3-d ad, and cover half your screen.

I was just reminded of another one. Pasta Express. This is the second new product to come out somewhat recently to help people in making and draining pasta.

How fucking hard is it to make pasta in the first place? And the BS about how it's faster and easier is just that. You still have to boil the water and you still have to cook the pasta. Same. time.

Frightens me how many people buy these things - for $20 no less.

Those "NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES - CALL NOW!" commercials really insult the intelligence, don't they? I remember one for the quick-chop thing, the thing with the plastic bottom that you put the to-be-chopped items in, and then put the lid with the push-down handle on it, and you pushed down on the handle and it made the blades in the top come down on the bottom? I got one for free somewhere, and it is handy, but the commercial was trying to push how hard electric choppers are to assemble. They showed some woman with no hand control throwing the plastic parts at the electric chopper base and deliberately knocking them off to show the frustration electric choppers bring.

One that really drives me crazy these days - actually I think there's two or three of them. It stars a couple of obviously rich white teenage girls with the brain capacity of a small snowglobe, getting ready for "the dance", and they both have this beautiful, absolutely perfect, flawless skin, but one of them goes to the mirror and says, "Oh, no! A pimple!" There isn't actually a pimple at all, she just puts her fingertip on her face and you're supposed to assume it's there.

It's degrading.

I hate those animated smiley ads! They are on every fucking website! 15% of internet ads are for those damn things!

I'd like to strangle the person(s) who decided to carpet bomb the net with their fucking smiley ads! Kiss my ass smiley central!

:vent:

Oh, yeah. I'd like to say "Bite me" to that stupid ad creator. Not to mention, I read that when you install the smileys, you get spyware on your computer.

Guest Tiffany

I hate all those Military commercials, brainwashing everyone with their promises of education and adventure. Just how does driving a tank or learning how to kill people prepare you for anything here in the civilian world?

And all the other stuff they offer is bullsh!t wrapped in lies.

An Army of one ... one cancer ridden depleted uranium shells handling, no health care getting, being used for corporate profit, only hears lies because fox news is the only channel they can watch, used and abused solder.

Hehe, well, to be fair, one old friend of mine signed up for 12 years and an officer's career with our Bundeswehr for education. At least in that case the promises turned out to be true, for he's now close to graduating in medicine in the Bundeswehr university. After he leaves the army, he'll be a ready-made M. D. And a good one I trust, considering how stressful his study time was compared to a civilian university ;)

At least sometimes these things actually work. Oh well, it's the German army instead of the US one. :shrug:

Guest Tiffany

At least sometimes these things actually work. Oh well, it's the German army instead of the US one. :shrug:

Exactly, there has been many changes to U.S. solders "benefits" since the new Reich ... I mean administration took over.

Check out my signature links ...

Exactly, there has been many changes to U.S. solders "benefits" since the new Reich ... I mean administration took over.

I'm tempted to recommend you call it the reich that it has become openly. The day when something suddenly changes your words in-transit you know that the censorship trap snapped tight and it's time to... well... "disappear" before they make you disappear. :Hmm:

If my eyes still work fine there's no realplayer or similar feed for the first one, but I guess I'll check out the other two. ;)

There's a new Wendy's commercial that I hate more than any commercial I've ever seen. A blonde ditzy lady is acting like a cook on a cooking show and showing how they make Wendy's salads. She says "Sensational!!" over and over again. The worst part is when she says, "and add real bacon and I'm not fakin'! Sensational!!"

I want to strangle her.

I am so sick of those stupid Shane company radio ads. I hear them all the time. I'm not planning to get engaged or buy diamond jewelry anytime soon. Heck, I still have to meet a guy first!

"He's dull, but he's brilliant.... Shane!"

LOL I hate those too. This Shane guy is incredibly dull. Such amateur ads for such a large company, although lately they've gotten a tad better.. I think they listened to everyone complaining and hired a cheap ad agency.

Update:

Just watched the current issue of liberty TV. Believe it or not, when I reached the closing statements of those democrat military veterans, I actually had to stand up and salute! :blink:

Damn it, where are people like these when you really need them?! :( Imagine one of them in shrubbenführer's place (provided they are generally capable politicians too)... just how much better might your collective situation be?

Does it sound weird that a native German with no connection to US politics feels driven to salute US veterans? :crazy: But anyway, I'll take that as a sign of... well... quality. ;)

I sent an email to their editorial staff - wonder what reply I might get :)

I am so sick of those stupid Shane company radio ads. I hear them all the time. I'm not planning to get engaged or buy diamond jewelry anytime soon. Heck, I still have to meet a guy first!

I don't like those because they imply that women don't think deeply enough to love men who won't buy them diamonds. Excuse me, but I'm fully capable of feeling affection for a man who doesn't buy me a rock that looks like a cut piece of glass that was mined by a starving 12-year-old in Kenya. I guess I'm just not that shallow.

Speaking of radio ads, has anyone heard the one for Snuggle? "Uh, boss? There's a group of women singing over in the laundry aisle!" Could these people at least try?

I don't like those because they imply that women don't think deeply enough to love men who won't buy them diamonds. Excuse me, but I'm fully capable of feeling affection for a man who doesn't buy me a rock that looks like a cut piece of glass that was mined by a starving 12-year-old in Kenya. I guess I'm just not that shallow.

Good point. Money and jewels aren't everything, but companies like that want us to think they are.

HOLY crap, you guys hear those too? I for some reason, thought the Shane company was a local Arizona thing....

but anyway, dear gawd that Shane guy is irritating. He's got this monitone voice that makes you wanna strangle him

Guest Tiffany

Update:

Just watched the current issue of liberty TV. Believe it or not, when I reached the closing statements of those democrat military veterans, I actually had to stand up and salute! :blink:

Damn it, where are people like these when you really need them?! :( Imagine one of them in shrubbenführer's place (provided they are generally capable politicians too)... just how much better might your collective situation be?

Does it sound weird that a native German with no connection to US politics feels driven to salute US veterans? :crazy: But anyway, I'll take that as a sign of... well... quality. ;)

I sent an email to their editorial staff - wonder what reply I might get :)

A real hero embodies all human qualities, if only all countries had leaders with such conviction and righteousness.

Your lucky you can send email to such places, I can't even visit my own links without fear of ... (Justice Department Edit)

This user would like to inform you that he/she approves of his/her government and he/she would also never question the motives of said government. The user would also gladly give up his/her life to our lord and savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Signed user # 120

HOLY crap, you guys hear those too? I for some reason, thought the Shane company was a local Arizona thing....

but anyway, dear gawd that Shane guy is irritating. He's got this monitone voice that makes you wanna strangle him

hahaha seriously. i thought that was a local thing here in the bay area. ive been hearing those damn commercials for years and it gets me everytime.

a local commercial here in the bay area that i hate is Paul from the Diamond Center!!

a regular commercial that annoys me are those quizno ads with the talking sock puppets.

the commercials i do find hilarious, however, are those geico commercials. well some of em at least. the "old navy" and "reality tv" spoof got me everytime.

Your lucky you can send email to such places, I can't even visit my own links without fear of ... (Justice Department Edit)

*has just sworn vengeance, polishes his sword now, plans to get the next flight to the 4th reich - however far he will get* :fdevil:

Honestly now, got a reply from them, with a cordial thank you and the note that my email got forwarded to the spokesman of the vets. Maybe there's more to come from there ;)

Heh. I used to think he was a local Minnesota thing. It's gotta be the style of the ads, they're done in a way that a small company would do them.

Don't anybody complain about Burger King's "Big Buckin' Chicken" commercial. It's hilarious. As for The King himself, I think he was intended to be weird and creepy. Some folks just don't get it...

I know the guys on here probably like this commercial, but the Fanta commercials annoy me.

Don't anybody complain about Burger King's "Big Buckin' Chicken" commercial. It's hilarious. As for The King himself, I think he was intended to be weird and creepy. Some folks just don't get it...

I get that is the intention, and sure gives them a lot of informal advertising through people complaining about it. But it's still stupid. :shrug:

Guest Ghost In The Machine

I hate all the anti-marijuana commercials that preach that marijuana use will make you stupid and listless, or brain-dead. Especially those that purposely target our youth, because their message content couldn't be farther from the truth. The only reason that pot is still illegal is because the drug companies can't patent it. The evidence used in these propaganda shorts is always one-sided, and always subsidized by big business. Also, a legal hemp industry would seriously hamper further profits for the big oil corporations.

The so-called "War On Drugs" is and has been a complete failure. Police and government have been blind-sightedly trying to stop people from using it since the 1930's, and why?... because there is big money for police organizations in the form of propertysiezures and seemingly unlimited federal grant monies. And still, after over 65 years, their vicious propaganda continues. The current laws ruin peoples lives, all because they smoked a joint or grew some personal stash.

Marijuana IS NOT a gateway drug, anymore than is coffee, tobacco, or liquor (which are all still legal for some unknown reason). Just say No to the fabrications of trecherous bureaucrats.

To many Neo-Cons and sheeple trust the government line without questioning it at all. Marijuana SHOULD be legal. Hemp SHOULD be legal. Ignorance, religion, and corrupt government officials should be outlawed.

Oh yeah... lastly... can we finally get rid of all the "I lost another loan to Ditech" commercials, the world would be a much better place. I've said my piece. Anyone want to debate?