Goodbye Jesus

Next Pet Peeve:

Nihil

Ok this thread is gotten way toooo crazy.... Let me hash it all up in a basket for everyone.

RACE IS THE STUPIDEST CONCEPT EVER INVENTED (OH AND HERE IS A SECRET - IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!)

-Skin color and Bone structure? Give me a fucking break? Ok so my skin is DARKER than yours? My mom is biracial? What the fuck is biracial? Try and establish the purest form of any so-called race?

Go ahead, I dare you to try. Are Biracial people not a race themselves then (think about it)? Do you see the bullshit in race? A + B -> .5A.5B... You ARE YOUR GENOME!!!! You only live to reproduce your DNA.... Think about it... Thats what life is all about... (what are viruses again people?)

-So Called Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians - We're all the same except for 1/10000th Base Pair of our Genome from the next person... So a few of your genes are expressed a tad bit differently.. Who gives a flying fuck? Fuck whoever the fuck you want damnit all!

EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS

-Ok, Many African Americas support affermative action. And if you disagree with that, you are probably not very informed. Slavery was horrible, and Racism was/is real! Women couldn't vote, and Blacks were second class citizens for a long time. NOW Please continue reading....... There is no possible way to account for all the atrocities of the past and not only blacks where treated horribly (BTW - slavery was different in africa than in america). Furthermore, current White males cannot be held responsible for the sins of their ancestors. As a result of slavery and racist bullshit, blacks in America have had the short end of the stick for a long time -> this is why there are so many blacks who are still racist against whites. This is also why there are so many ignorant inner city poor black people.

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS NOT BAD

-My opinion on AA is as follows: Since I don't believe the concept of race is valid and the real determinant for educational excellence is the size Mommy and Daddy's Bank account, then the people who should benifit from A.A. are the poor... The poor have the toughest time in society right now. (And dont' give me all this welfare abuse bullshit - welfare doesn't produce for anyone a college degree or ingrain the drive to make it through grad school) Help your fellow man get a leg up on toiling away his/her life by getting with a better education. It certainly beats working at walmart or McDonalds.

LANGUAGE IS OUR MAJOR MEANS OF INTERACTION WITH EACH OTHER

-Any racial or ethinic slurr that puts a person down because of this hedious classification we have called race, is bad. Sometimes its ok though(comedians, jokes, and stuff - as long as you don't offend anyone; but its better to be safe and sorry)... Aparently White people think they're not allowed to call black people niggas or niggers. Well I don't call white people red neck or whitey or white cracka s or anything that would potentially make a so-called white person feel bad. I Don't say nigga or nigger to any so-called black person because I feel that if I did it would be hypocritical of me since I'm aparently a so-called black person, whatever that is. I dont' say JEW'M DOWN, SPICK, OR ChINK. People... These are offensive words. Expell them from your vocabularies. It is not hard to understand this elementary concept. Calling someone by one of these words is just as bad as slapping him/her in the face. Lets not forget that these terms really don't mean anything since race doesn't really exist.

FINALLY...

I'm currently taking a class called Moral Problems: Racism and Sexism

So Shut the Fuck UP

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrmarlin

• Lycorth

• Asimov

• Padreko

-So Called Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians - We're all the same except for 1/10000th Base Pair of our Genome from the next person... So a few of your genes are expressed a tad bit differently.. Who gives a flying fuck? Fuck whoever the fuck you want damnit all!

That difference is enough for me to hate Jews and Blacks.

EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS

Great.

Depends on the context.

Thanks, teach.

-Any racial or ethinic slurr that puts a person down because of this hedious classification we have called race, is bad. Sometimes its ok though(comedians, jokes, and stuff - as long as you don't offend anyone; but its better to be safe and sorry)...

This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

So Shut the Fuck UP

And that means what? Suddenly you're Albert Fucking Einstein and know everything about racism. You're not an authority, your statements have a little merit in some cases but is outright bullshit in most.

That difference is enough for me to hate Jews and Blacks.

EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS

Great.

Depends on the context.

Thanks, teach.

-Any racial or ethinic slurr that puts a person down because of this hedious classification we have called race, is bad. Sometimes its ok though(comedians, jokes, and stuff - as long as you don't offend anyone; but its better to be safe and sorry)...

This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

So Shut the Fuck UP

And that means what? Suddenly you're Albert Fucking Einstein and know everything about racism. You're not an authority, your statements have a little merit in some cases but is outright bullshit in most.

Yeah and apparently you've got no sensible reply to any of my statements. Oh yeah, I am no authority, but I have read more articles and books on racism than you probably have. Idiot.... Try and say something intelligent in reply to my actual paragraphs and not the titles you dumbass...

ummmmmm

....so how bout those Lakers?

Yeah and apparently you've got no sensible reply to any of my statements. Oh yeah, I am no authority, but I have read more articles and books on racism than you probably have. Idiot.... Try and say something intelligent in reply to my actual paragraphs and not the titles you dumbass...

Ok, let's analyze the one thing you said which had anything to do with the topic at hand:

Like I said, some of your statements have merit, like the lack of any actual genetic difference between people of race.

However:

-Any racial or ethinic slurr that puts a person down because of this hedious classification we have called race, is bad. Sometimes its ok though(comedians, jokes, and stuff - as long as you don't offend anyone; but its better to be safe and sorry)-

Like I said, it's a stupid thing to say. As long as you don't offend anyone? Why not ask them to tie their nose around their heads while you're at it. Offending people is not a bad thing. Comedy offends people nearly by definition, but just because someone is offended doesn't mean it's bad.

Some people are offended by racist jokes, some aren't. There's no way around it. Unless you're gonna ban racist jokes (another stupid idea), there's nothing you can do.

Your paragraphs were irrelevant, and so were your titles. I don't care if you've read the bible on racism, it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

I'm white but none of my family was even in America during slavery. Shit they were barely here for Civil Rights, so why do blacks discrimminate against me? I never owned slaves. My parents never owned slaves. My grandparents never owned slaves and my great grandparents were in Italy and Ireland.

So what gives? Because I have white skin automatically puts me in the Hate File with blacks. I mean your post did say that some black people are racist against white people because of slavery. Am I exempt from this racism because I nor no one in my family ever owned slaves? How would they know not to be racist against me? Do they have a list of the white people who did have slaves?

I mean, what you're saying, while it may be nice and dandy on paper, in real life it's not so much. No one in my family has ever owned slaves or discrimminated against other races but because I am white, I am discrimminated against by black people. Where is the equity and logic in that?

:nono: Perhaps you might want to think about this... Some people learn racism because some black people treat all white people with disdain, regardles.. Now I don't know about you, but some people draw inferences and begin to have a racist attitude when none existed there before because they get tired of being treated like shit by black people. Did you ever think about that? I have had numerous friends come over from Europe and have been utterly appalled at the behavior some black people display in public. Where they were not racist prior to meeting American black people, they are now.

Doesn't that kind of defeat your bridge of communication? :scratch:

Examine some of the things you said to Amisov. You may not agree with him - that's your right - but calling him a dumbass. Do you really think that elevates you in an altercation in front of a lot of other people? Do you think that makes you look like the "smart one?" No. If you are as educated as you claim, then you don't reduce yourself to these childish words and name-calling. Just state your belief. You might have a chance of turning someone's opinion if you do it on an intellectually logical level rather than calling them a dumbass. Calling names only serves to demean yourself.

Hey I've done it, too. With Chris VeDal and other fundies that have irritated me -- but they're telling me about fire and brimstone. You and Am are just talking racism. Big difference. Huge Difference. We're all guilty of getting emotional, but it's always nice when someone points out when we do and calmly without name calling says, "That's not cool."

Second, you have made an assumption regarding Am's intelligence regarding racism. (shown above in italics.) That's not good nor wise to make these kinds of statements. You have no idea what he has or has not read. Would you even be so silly to even guess?

I am not doing this for Am, because I know he cuoldn't give a shit what you call him. But for yourself, wouldn't you rather be seen as an intelligent human being rather than some low-life immature jerk? I would think you'd want the intelligent title.

You know Am's writing style so as he has been posting here a while. So why do you pick now to diss on the fact that he doesn't write in paragraphs? Why, because you are getting too emotional about this. AM has always written in short sentences -- sometimes one worders. That's how he answers. He has never really deviated unless he began a thread. To even diss him for this makes you look like you're at a loss for a new zing for your argument and you're grasping at straws... very small thins ones at that.....

If you want to bridge that racial gap, then you might be called upon to do the right thing... and not get so over emotional. Slavery has been over for over 140 years and it's time whites and blacks get one with the future together instead of constantly dredging up the past to the point where the wounds never heal.

I am not saying these things to piss you off but I do want you to reflect. Don't you think it's time to start moving forward as opposed to staying stagnet or god forbid, moving backwards?

Agreed. I apologize the name calling. But I was pissed when he said most of what I said was bullshit. I don't know him and he obviously doesn't know me. I wouldn't mind him calling my stuff rubbish if he actually respondeded with some sustinance instead of abnoxious replies to my titles.

In response to how you feel - I'm black and I said that whites cannot be held responsible for what the wrongdoings their predicesors. I also tried to lump not only blacks, but women into the so-called group of people who should get affirmative action... Now I also said that the people who DESERVE it are the poor. That includes people of all so-called races.

POOR = ignorant = many innercity blacks. There prejudices are not often times shared by the rich blacks. In retrospect I can use the same argument towards so-called white people that have prejudices againsts blacks. I go to college and think people should be treated equally and not look at by race but by the contents of their spirit. But that doesn't stop your average preduced white person from having negative thoughts about me when I walk down the street.

Agreed. I apologize the name calling. But I was pissed when he said most of what I said was bullshit. I don't know him and he obviously doesn't know me. I wouldn't mind him calling my stuff rubbish if he actually respondeded with some sustinance instead of abnoxious replies to my titles.

In response to how you feel - I'm black and I said that whites cannot be held responsible for what the wrongdoings their predicesors. I also tried to lump not only blacks, but women into the so-called group of people who should get affirmative action... Now I also said that the people who DESERVE it are the poor. That includes people of all so-called races.

POOR = ignorant = many innercity blacks. There prejudices are not often times shared by the rich blacks. In retrospect I can use the same argument towards so-called white people that have prejudices againsts blacks. I go to college and think people should be treated equally and not look at by race but by the contents of their spirit. But that doesn't stop your average preduced white person from having negative thoughts about me when I walk down the street.

Trust me, I understand your pain. I see the racism all around -- and I do feel for you in your situation. I get upset when salesclerks watch black women in nice department stores when really, if you check the statistics, 70% of shoplifters are really white affluent teenagers. Yes, I do not agree with it, but the best way to change it is to give people examples of another way of being. Unfortunately, this takes a lot of time and patience. If you have the patience you will succeed. Don't lose your temper, just remember....patience and continue setting good solid examples.

Ok, let's analyze the one thing you said which had anything to do with the topic at hand:

Like I said, some of your statements have merit, like the lack of any actual genetic difference between people of race.

However:

-Any racial or ethinic slurr that puts a person down because of this hedious classification we have called race, is bad. Sometimes its ok though(comedians, jokes, and stuff - as long as you don't offend anyone; but its better to be safe and sorry)-

Like I said, it's a stupid thing to say. As long as you don't offend anyone? Why not ask them to tie their nose around their heads while you're at it. Offending people is not a bad thing. Comedy offends people nearly by definition, but just because someone is offended doesn't mean it's bad.

Some people are offended by racist jokes, some aren't. There's no way around it. Unless you're gonna ban racist jokes (another stupid idea), there's nothing you can do.

Your paragraphs were irrelevant, and so were your titles. I don't care if you've read the bible on racism, it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Why is it a stupid thing to say? Aren't racial slurrs bad by definition? But in some contexts like i mentioned people don't care and often times get enjoyment out of them? Is this not true?

All of these issues have relevence when talking about racial inequality. They're all connected in some way. And why do you persist in saying I don't know what i'm talking about... I think you took the "so shut the fuck up" part personally. That was my sarcasm - and contructive criticism is what i look for on these forums. And I said that I'm taking a class on it because well, like a person who is talking about science would be considered idiot if he/she had no formal training taking a class on the subject. I'm not ever going to discuss x chromosomal inactivation with a preist. Generally speaking taking classes in subject means you're actually honing in on issues surrounding that subject. This is compared to random things you just pick up in life is often times way more indepth. I'm not an expert but the fact that you study a particular topic does make you stronger in it. Hence, thats why we criticize religious folk who say evolution inccorect and they don't know the first thing about it. Well I have taken classes in african american studies, racisim, ethics, epistemology and descrimination and diversity feel more attunted to the attitutdes and feelings involved on the matter than before I took them. Seriously, for example many people don't have a very good answer for what it means to "know" something. What is the deference between racism and prejudice? What do statistics show about income levels and are can you justifiably make certain inferences when grouping people together as a race? What is the difference between affirmative action and reparations? What is the definition of someone who is racist? What are some of their arguments? Was Jefferson hypocritical when he owned slaves but was an advocate for freedom? When did racism first come about and how was it justified? Compare ancient greek race relations with that of the more modern 16th century racial tensions. The list is endless.....

Have read about all these questiosn and much more and answering them.. Well wouldn't you get a little miffed if someone told you that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about? I make it my business to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Again I do apologize asimov....

since were discussing racism in general basicly i want to let off some steam feel free to give me advice.

my family gets on my damn nerves when it comes to racism.

we are a white southern family in alabama saying that i hope you see the kind of bullshit i hear from them without having to go in detail.

i have friends of diffrent races i have a land lady of a diffrent race and no matter how many hours i try telling my family that their nice people i still hear the same old crap.

ever seen all in the family? were micheal and archie bunker argue well i feel like michael stivek in a family of archie bunkers.

my grandpa in fayette always asks me do i still hang around (put stupid word from the 1600s here)do i still got that landlord. i have told him theirs bad people and good people in every race.

my mother is no diffrent when i was little i was gonna go with a girl of a diffrent race to the prom and she threatened to disown me and one time i wanted one of my friends to spend the night i had to tell him she dont like kids just me.

heres another story this one still makes me mad. at christmas all my cousins had their children their everyone was playing with them exept for one. my cousin emily's baby is black that made me so damn mad she was being ignored. i picked her up and played with her and proud of it. she was in a crowd of people crawling on the floor she couldve got stepped on.

i am also mad because they taught me racism as a child and i said lots of mean things i will probally feel guilty for till the day i die. but i have made friends with those people and explained the situation.

my family is so damn picky about people its unbelievable you got to be white, rich and christian to be considered a member i guess. if theirs a topic on poor people ill be ranting their too.

i am so sick of the stupidity good and evil have nothing to do with skin color.

since were discussing racism in general basicly i want to let off some steam feel free to give me advice.

my family gets on my damn nerves when it comes to racism.

we are a white southern family in alabama saying that i hope you see the kind of bullshit i hear from them without having to go in detail.

i have friends of diffrent races i have a land lady of a diffrent race and no matter how many hours i try telling my family that their nice people i still hear the same old crap.

ever seen all in the family? were micheal and archie bunker argue well i feel like michael stivek in a family of archie bunkers.

my grandpa in fayette always asks me do i still hang around (put stupid word from the 1600s here)do i still got that landlord. i have told him theirs bad people and good people in every race.

my mother is no diffrent when i was little i was gonna go with a girl of a diffrent race to the prom and she threatened to disown me and one time i wanted one of my friends to spend the night i had to tell him she dont like kids just me.

heres another story this one still makes me mad. at christmas all my cousins had their children their everyone was playing with them exept for one. my cousin emily's baby is black that made me so damn mad she was being ignored. i picked her up and played with her and proud of it. she was in a crowd of people crawling on the floor she couldve got stepped on.

i am also mad because they taught me racism as a child and i said lots of mean things i will probally feel guilty for till the day i die. but i have made friends with those people and explained the situation.

my family is so damn picky about people its unbelievable you got to be white, rich and christian to be considered a member i guess. if theirs a topic on poor people ill be ranting their too.

i am so sick of the stupidity good and evil have nothing to do with skin color.

Well, Willy, it seems as if you're already de-racing yourself. And yes, people are (can be) raised to be racist. My father always said to me in a child, if you look for the bad in people, you're gonna find it. Meaning... if you think there's something wrong there, you'll find it. My father never encouraged racism because as I have said before, he was not only well educated but also well traveled. He found beauty in all races, cultures. He dissuaded racism and it was simply not allowed in our home.

Unfortunately, not all parents are that way. But what my dad said is absolutely true. It's like that old adage..."If you look for trouble, you'll find it."

Hope this helps!

As for changing the views of your family... you can never change another person. To try to do so is like shoveling shit against the tide. It just doesn't work. Their inferences and preceptions are so ingrained that it would only be them who can change their views. It can happen...but it has to be of their decisions.

The best thing you can do for them is just understand their POV, but practice your own POV and accept them for who they are. If you embrace that the way they are and simply brush it off when they make off-handed comments, then you'll find your life will be more peaceful. Why? Because if you don't give them your power, their preceptions will not affect you as deeply. See what I mean?

Another piece of food for thought, a lot of people will actually hold anger towards something that is strange or foreign to them. I believe a lot of racism stems from fear. Fear of the unknown. I mean, look at Xianity, it's an entire system based on fear and I don't know about you, but there is usually a ton of racism floating with a congrugation gets together for those cover dish supers on Sunday night. Once again, fear. A ton of fear will add a pound of racism.

Saying race doesn't exist is like saying genders don't exist. Trying to posit a wholesale denial of reality just because race has been made into such a difficult subject doesn't do a thing to correct the problem. Only people treating other people like people will do that. And affimative action doesn't help the poor - it just keeps them there. No big stars were made on welfare, because why work when you've got handouts for doing nothing to look forward to? Plus, it's explicitly geared towards different groups of people, implying only they are deserving of any help or breaks. What nonsense.

Like willybilly said, good and evil are not dependent on skin color or any other racial feature. What devolves people from "white" and "black" into "cracker" and "nigger" is whether or not they choose to use their racial identiy as an excuse to piss on someone else's parade or to claim special rights or entitlement or superiority therefore. It's all in the mentality, the arrogant and opportunist mindset that pervades the brain of the racist of any racial background. It's all in how one thinks, not how one was born, that ends up truly separating the "superior" from the "inferior".

thats true i cant change their view. i have tried many times and ended up like micheal verses archie on the show all in the family. i would be better off just saying i dont want to talk about people like that. then let it go.

As for changing the views of your family... you can never change another person. To try to do so is like shoveling shit against the tide. It just doesn't work. Their inferences and preceptions are so ingrained that it would only be them who can change their views. It can happen...but it has to be of their decisions.

The best thing you can do for them is just understand their POV, but practice your own POV and accept them for who they are. If you embrace that the way they are and simply brush it off when they make off-handed comments, then you'll find your life will be more peaceful. Why? Because if you don't give them your power, their preceptions will not affect you as deeply. See what I mean?

Another piece of food for thought, a lot of people will actually hold anger towards something that is strange or foreign to them. I believe a lot of racism stems from fear. Fear of the unknown. I mean, look at Xianity, it's an entire system based on fear and I don't know about you, but there is usually a ton of racism floating with a congrugation gets together for those cover dish supers on Sunday night. Once again, fear. A ton of fear will add a pound of racism.

Just an interesting study that was done while I was in college that I thought I would share here.

The Sociology department of my college wanted to do a testing to see why a pronderance of black people were successful in Sports and Entertainment, yet, were not as high in numbers when it came to Business, Law and Medicine.

Here's what they found:

When they did the study, they took random samplings from lower-income black families verses lower-income white families to ascertain the difference in upbringing.

They found that while white families concentrated mostly on academic pursues -- i.e. encouraging their children to get as much as they could from education - like science, english and math. The black families concentrated mostly on sports and entertainment -- encouraging their children (actually tell them they would make more money from sports) towards sports and music activities. They did not concentrate on homework in subjects like science, math and english -- but would get their children to practice i.e. basketball for three to four hours after school.

From this, when they compared SAT scores, the white children scored significantly higher and held better GPAs in high school than the black children; however, the black children were more prone to be the stars of the sports teams or trying to pursue careers in music or dramatics -- after already dropping out of school. The GPAs were lower because very seldom they tested well or had turned in term papers and homework assignments.

When they gave a questionaire out at the end of the study, alarmingly over 73.2% of the black children wanted to be actors, athletes or musicians, while 82.1% of the white children wanted to be doctors, lawyers and writers/poets. The sad part is that around 2.1% of all people (black and white) persuing careers in the sports and entertainment catagory actually get a "shot" at making it a money-yielding profession -- and of that only .3% actually make it "big." The others fail within the first three years and then are left ill-prepared and having to go to another profession.

As for the children that wanted to be professionals, 86.2% actually complete the college academia to achieve a start in these careers and of that, 97.1% were highly successful in their careers once they began them.

They found that parents who played more emphasis on academics were more likely to produce over-achiever children while the parents who concetrated on entertainment or sports were far less likely to achieve their goals, thus, rendering them unprepared in case they were not the percentile that actually achieved their goals of being stars.

Socialization determined was that because of the family's values as the child was going through pre-kinder to high school played a very big role in shaping where these children went in life.

I just thought it was interesting because I don't think most people realize the socio-economical impact it has regarding not only race but also future economic groups.

thats true i cant change their view. i have tried many times and ended up like micheal verses archie on the show all in the family. i would be better off just saying i dont want to talk about people like that. then let it go.

Exactly. Remember you have to honor yourself first -- and by doing so if that means a path of least resistence, then so be it. :)

Why does it seem to me that the people that say they are the most determined people to end racism, tend to be the most obsessed with the color of one's skin?

If it were up to me, NOBODY would give a shit what anybody's skin color was. That way, we could have a better understanding of just how rediculous racial prejudices are. White people would learn that blacks and hispanics are fully capable of living lives out of prison and off the sofa, and blacks and hispanics would learn that white people aren't rich uppity snobs eager to trample them down.

I'm not eager to trample anyone down. I just want to get on with my life as best I can.

I remember in school being called racist by some kids because I didn't like rap/hip-hop. I still don't like it. In fact, I absolutely hate it. I think I've found maybe eight rap/HH songs I like in my life, and most of them are by the Beastie Boys in the 80's. (OMG white group!!! RACIST!!!) Honestly, I just like their sense of humor.

The thing is, though, it's unfair to call me racist for not liking a certain type of music played primarily by blacks. What really pissed me off was when some referred to it as "their" music. I don't get pissed at people for not listening to classical (which I really like), written primarily by whites, and I don't call it "our" music. Music is a common possession. I don't like rap because I don't like the way it sounds, and if you can't listen to it without first checking the skin of the person who sings it, who's the racist now?

I just wish all ideas about race would disappear. Just like a black person doesn't like to be called "nigger" and given dirty looks in a store owned by whites, I don't like being called "cracker" or "honkie" or "whitey" or "white bread" or any of that shit. Just like a black person is insulted by the representations of them in 1940's movies written and directed and played in by whites - the thick-lipped, jive-talking kitchen cook or servant that resembles a mentally impaired gorilla-sized child, I hate seeing whites in movies written and directed and played in by blacks represented as unhappy, snotty blonde jerks driving the best cars and living in the best houses with country club memberships, sex-depraved wives, mental complexes, and a wardrobe in pastels, khaki, and argyle.

I hate being told by the media that I'm oppressive, racist, and in the way of everyone else's progress. If there's anything that pisses me off all over the place, it's when my dad starts his racist spiel against Asians. He thinks they make some funny stereotypes, but refuses to give me directions to a Buddhist temple in the area of his workplace because he doesn't want me "hanging around Orientals". That may sound strange to you - racism against Asians doesn't happen too often, or at least we're led to think so. I think racism against whites is kind of the same thing. It's there, but since we're taught that whites are rich and have easy lives - which is in itself a false stereotype - it's almost as though it's passed off as something we deserve.

Music is a common possession.

EUREKA. Someone has finally said something that makes perfect sense here. Sage is completely RIGHT! Music crosses all boundaries - all stereotypes. I think music is trying to do just that and it's happening, but it's in baby steps!

Very nicely put, Sage. So often the ones to scream the most about racism are the first to practice it, and a careful look at modern culture shows us that in reality, only the laws have changed. Racism is just more across the board than ever, and only when people quit living in the past and making a big deal out of something that should not even be an issue will this issue ever begin to lessen. Till then, as long as one more person looks down his nose at someone's skin color or demands one more entitlement or special consideration based on centuries-old happenings, it will simply go on.

Finding positive things about one's own racial heritage is one thing, and a good one - finding bad things about everyone else's is quite another.

I'm not going to deny that skin color and race exists - if a black person wants to explore their African heritage, a Native American or Hispanic their NA and/or Spanish heritage, an Asian their Asian heritage, a white person their European - wuh-oh! No, really, though, I have no problem with that. It's just when it turns into such a distinction that people draw lines around themselves and others about what should be unrelated issues - or a word I hate, "racial pride" - that I must protest.

If a person of say, German heritage decides to put up red, black, and gold flags up on their walls, collect beer steins, and wear lederhosen to celebrate their heritage, I say, great! Have fun! But, if that person wanted me to recognize that as their primary attribute and demand a special kind of respect and recognition of a different kind of what I'd give others, that's when I draw the line.

Very nicely put, Sage. So often the ones to scream the most about racism are the first to practice it, and a careful look at modern culture shows us that in reality, only the laws have changed. Racism is just more across the board than ever, and only when people quit living in the past and making a big deal out of something that should not even be an issue will this issue ever begin to lessen. Till then, as long as one more person looks down his nose at someone's skin color or demands one more entitlement or special consideration based on centuries-old happenings, it will simply go on.

Finding positive things about one's own racial heritage is one thing, and a good one - finding bad things about everyone else's is quite another.

You know Sage's reply is also applicable to sexual discrimmination. Look at all the women who want to be on equal footing with a man but let him reprimand her for the same infraction he would another man, and she's all over the sexist cart in a big way.

Another example is look at Xians. Preaching everyone is damned and going to hell but them, but then they break their own rules --- aka fastest way to hell -- the very same rules they chastize others for breaking.

What Sage said is very universal.

Very true, marlin. Women who are wound up about sexism or Xians who are wound up about hellfire act much the same. It's all about pulling heads out of asses and dropping the holy wars - and just living the one life you have. Too much time is wasted on personal crusades against what are often imaginary infidels that people burn up precious years they could've spent enjoying their time on earth. Sage's remarks do cut across the board very nicely - I'm not much for Buddhism, but Buddhists can pull some real gems out of their asses ;)

You know when someone practices racism, the only person they cheat is themselves...because all races and cultures have so many wonderful things to share with everyone. I mean look at our society. Where would we be without the taco or fried chicken. I am not being facitious here. I am serious. Look at all the wonderful food that other cultures have brought to our own personal worlds. I don't know about you guys but I love chinese food. Indian. African food ROCKS!

Also, look at all the cool things like art and music that comes from other cultures.

It's a shame that racists limit themselves because of their fears. There are so many very cool things they're missing out on -- only they lose. No one else does...

So pass me the Mei Fung!

And let me suggest one thing to all of you. Ethiopian food is the BEST food on the face of this planet. If you all have an opportunity to try it, it is unbelieveable. And a great thing is, you eat the whole meal with your hands. Not a first date kind of a deal because you and your date share off the same plate, but when you're with friends or a steady, it is the best time in the world. I highly recommend it to people who love rich spices. They don't use any MSG, it's all natural. No processing. It's heaven on earth... And I mean that literally! But I will warn, at first, it seems strange because of the unconventionality of the dishes for americans, but once you get past that -- like within three bites, you will LOVE it. Everyone I have taken to an Ethiopian restuarant totally LOVED it. Even the picky eaters adored it!

For the men, the Ethiopian women are stunning to say the very least. So the boys even have eye candy with great food.

Very true, marlin. One thing that grated on me when I was a Nazi was how fanatical it ended up being. To be a proper Nazi, I had to take things very far. That eventually meant no coffee, no tacos, no Manischewitz (a Jewish wine I drink buckets of) and no Chinese food (when I can find a clean resturant, that is - so many of those joints are such pigstys). It was like a hardcore Xian fundie refusing himself tv or radio because they are the tools of the Satanic liberal media and tolerating them was to slowly turn you into an antichrist demon. As if one taco would make me Mexican or one spin of a reggae disc would turn me into a rasta-mon :Wendywhatever:

As if there's something inherently evil about it, anyway...

Var, read the addition of my post above... You must try it.

That's a shame that you had to go through that -- however, you are where you are now because you went through it.

And now, I hope you will never cheat yourself out of other cultures again! You seem to have embraced post-xian lifestyle very well!

very true.

we can learn so much from each other wouldnt it be a wonderful world if we all learned from each other and had a big meal together. i like learning from other races, cultures, religions and people in general. its wonderful.

You know when someone practices racism, the only person they cheat is themselves...because all races and cultures have so many wonderful things to share with everyone. I mean look at our society. Where would we be without the taco or fried chicken. I am not being facitious here. I am serious. Look at all the wonderful food that other cultures have brought to our own personal worlds. I don't know about you guys but I love chinese food. Indian. African food ROCKS!

Also, look at all the cool things like art and music that comes from other cultures.

It's a shame that racists limit themselves because of their fears. There are so many very cool things they're missing out on -- only they lose. No one else does...

So pass me the Mei Fung!

Willy, I am so glad you didn't inherit your family's views about other people. Your life is already so much richer for it! YOU ROCK!