Goodbye Jesus

Next Pet Peeve:

Nihil

Var, read the addition of my post above... You must try it.

That's a shame that you had to go through that -- however, you are where you are now because you went through it.

And now, I hope you will never cheat yourself out of other cultures again! You seem to have embraced post-xian lifestyle very well!

Someday, I may try it - thanks for the recommendation. I'm happy with what I've got now, and am currently having fun with a mild addiction to the Chinese food at a nearby mall. Going for some tommorrow, actually :)

Yeah, it wasn't the best use of my time, but I did come away with some good things. In my time as a Nazi, I learned the value of personal responsibility, personal discipline, and how to appreciate my own culture and love it for the unique part of my life it always will be. Yes, I could've learned these things elsewhere, but I learned them during my years as a white supremacist, and there is good to be found everywhere - even there. But the extremism and hatred and unnatural absurdities of that life are long gone, as well as the Xianity I held onto along with it, and indeed I am much better for it. This lifestyle suits me much better :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrmarlin

• Lycorth

• Asimov

• Padreko

yea i love being outside the box my familys in. the worlds to wonderful to live in a little cube. its hard to explain what i mean. i guess its like a person leaving the amish and experiancing the rest of the world. thats the best example i can come up with. i am having all this fun and adventure and my familys still in their close minded boring lifestyle. too bad for them.

Willy, I am so glad you didn't inherit your family's views about other people. Your life is already so much richer for it! YOU ROCK!

I don't know if any of you live in LA but let me tell you a little story. When I first moved to LA everyone was saying, "You have to go to Roscoes and get some soul food..." I had never had soul food in my life so I got a couple of friends together and we went driving down Sunset headed to Roscoe's Chicken. Soul food.

When we got there the diner was a broken down shack. I thought, there's no way....

We ordered the special. Fried Chicken, Grits and Waffles. And I announced to the table, "Shit, we've been eating this in the south my whole life... Soul Food?" And the waitress laughed and said, "Honey, who you think invented all that great food in the south..." And I said, "Good point."

Best fried chicken in the world. Melt in your mouth and not too greasy. Perfect. And don't get me started on the waffles and grits. They were also heaven on earth.

See how much people deprive themselves when they dogmatically divide themselves.

I say open a new window everyday.

As for the Chinese food. That is awesome food. Only one warning. If you're highly sensitive to MSG, look at the menu, they'll tell you if they use it or not. A lot of chinese restaurant have stopped using it but there are still some that still do.

You mean you've........you've gone without Chinese food?

OH. MY. GOD.

Somebody, get the mei fun tube down his throat! STAT! WE'RE LOSING THIS GUY HERE!!

I hate it when women take all that sexist shit too far. It makes us look bad. The one that really got me was the anti-bra thing, the ultimate symbol, apparently, of sexist underwear. I wonder if the painful, droopy breasts were really worth it. Or when women get pissed when men hold open doors for them or are courteous and polite with them - it always means, of course, that he thinks she's too weak and incapable of opening the door herself and finds her good for nothing but a sexual fling and stupid enough to fall for the "gentleman" act. Sheesh.

yea i love being outside the box my familys in. the worlds to wonderful to live in a little cube. its hard to explain what i mean. i guess its like a person leaving the amish and experiancing the rest of the world. thats the best example i can come up with. i am having all this fun and adventure and my familys still in their close minded boring lifestyle. too bad for them.

Well, Willy, they're your family. There's nothing stronger than blood. You can love them and agree to disagree at the same time. Just find that peaceful place in the middle. Like I said to Ped earlier, the best way to show someone a better way of being is to live it. When they see you're toes are tappin' they'll want to know the secret. Tell 'em and if they get it, great, if they don't that's okay, too. They'll come around in their own time -- and at their own pace. Baby steps.

You mean you've........you've gone without Chinese food?

OH. MY. GOD.

Somebody, get the mei fun tube down his throat! STAT! WE'RE LOSING THIS GUY HERE!!

I hate it when women take all that sexist shit too far. It makes us look bad. The one that really got me was the anti-bra thing, the ultimate symbol, apparently, of sexist underwear. I wonder if the painful, droopy breasts were really worth it. Or when women get pissed when men hold open doors for them or are courteous and polite with them - it always means, of course, that he thinks she's too weak and incapable of opening the door herself and finds her good for nothing but a sexual fling and stupid enough to fall for the "gentleman" act. Sheesh.

Personally, I love it when men act like gentlemen. I think it shows women respect. Treat a woman like a lady and she'll act like one! Maybe I'm old fashion but when a man treats a woman like a lady, you know you are truly treasured. How can you NOT love a man like that? Those women were nuts!

As for the bra deal, any cup over a C is just too scary for words without an underwire. I am a firm (pardon the pun) supporter of underwire. If I didn't wear a bra, I would bet I'd be kicking my boobs with my knees! And that's an ugly sight I can assure you!

Okay, I'm talking about real tits not silicone. Silicone can withstand no support. Real tits, cannot!

First things first,

I retract my statement regarding your posts being bullshit. It was the wrong word to use, I meant to say irrelevant.

Like I said, some of what you had to say was good (like the genetics thing), even though racism is more than just skin colour and refers to culture as well which regardless of genetics offers a huge gap (a shrinking one) into peoples ways of lives...I assume you won't disagree on that.

The rest of what you said was irrelevant, but not bullshit.

The one thing you did say that was bullshit was in regards to humour...which I'll focus on below.

Why is it a stupid thing to say? Aren't racial slurrs bad by definition? But in some contexts like i mentioned people don't care and often times get enjoyment out of them? Is this not true?

In all contexts, some people wont care and some will. Hence, saying that racial slurs should only be said when nobody is offensive is a little pointless. Someone will always be offended by what you have to say.

The problem with taking offense is that the standard for that is hypocritical as well. People can dish it but can't take it, IOW. Look at the Isaac Hayes thread, perfect example. This is also the same hypocrisy seen with black people saying nigger in daily life and in comedy, or with Jews making jew jokes, women making women jokes, etc. It's the inconsistency of standards that is the hypocrisy.

This is why I don't care if someone is offended if I say something racist or sexist or whatever, because someone will not care and someone will care....it's a fact so why worry about it?

And why do you persist in saying I don't know what i'm talking about... I think you took the "so shut the fuck up" part personally. That was my sarcasm - and contructive criticism is what i look for on these forums.

I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about. I'm saying you shouldn't get on a high-horse and act like you're an authority on racism because you read some books. Frequently I find that people who boast about how many courses they've taken or how much they've read is either a sign of their ignorance or their insecurity.

Flaunting your knowledge on the matter is irrelevant.

Constructive criticism is what you want? Ok, make your sarcasm more obvious so people don't take things the wrong way. In context to you 'flaunting your authority', you also made it seem like your word was the last word and that nobody should talk because you've spoken.

Everyone needs healthy doses of both kinds of criticism.

Well I have taken classes in african american studies, racisim, ethics, epistemology and descrimination and diversity feel more attunted to the attitutdes and feelings involved on the matter than before I took them.

A slightly humbler approach would be more productive to the message you're trying to get across. You're among intellectuals here who generally can see bullshit when they read it, and will call you out on it when they read it. If you know what you're talking about, we'll see that.

What is the deference between racism and prejudice? What do statistics show about income levels and are can you justifiably make certain inferences when grouping people together as a race? What is the difference between affirmative action and reparations? What is the definition of someone who is racist? What are some of their arguments? Was Jefferson hypocritical when he owned slaves but was an advocate for freedom? When did racism first come about and how was it justified? Compare ancient greek race relations with that of the more modern 16th century racial tensions. The list is endless.....

These are all good questions that I think you should start a new thread to define and answer any questions some of us might have or wish to dispute and discuss about.

Have read about all these questiosn and much more and answering them.. Well wouldn't you get a little miffed if someone told you that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about? I make it my business to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Good.

Again I do apologize asimov....

An apology is unneeded, so I don't forgive you.

Well, Willy, they're your family. There's nothing stronger than blood. You can love them and agree to disagree at the same time.

I'm pretty intolerant, so I disagree with that.

Well, Willy, they're your family. There's nothing stronger than blood. You can love them and agree to disagree at the same time.

I'm pretty intolerant, so I disagree with that.

Ok. But, I was merely suggesting to Willy, that instead of trying to change others - a feat that is almost impossible to do unless the others really want to change -- to just find another peaceful way for himself to handle their racism without complete alienation from his family. I knew someone that alienated himself from his family over a disagreement and when his father died, he felt a great deal of guilt for not valuing what little time they had left together on this earth as well as a lot of unresolved feelings.

Sage brought up being called racist for not liking hip-hop or rap. Its the same with movies. I remember a while back when the Shaft remake came out. There was an article in the paper (detroit free press, I think) saying white people were racist because not enough of them go to see "black movies" like the new Shaft.

Wee, gee, sorry. How many black movies do I have to go see? Do I have to watch more mexican movies, too? Can I get lower requirement, since I have The Mack, Dolemite, and Friday in my dvd collection?

What's next? You're racist if you don't like fried chicken? Or if you don't vote enough black people in office?

Tell me about it, Nihil. You're smeared as a racist if you don't enjoy non-white cultural things or if you just prefer your own. What tripe. I used to get called a racist skinhead in high school because I shaved my head (I was going to grow it out, but the parents said no, so I just got a buzzcut) and didn't like rap or hip-hip, preferring heavy metal music. I used to get a lot of shit about that, and I was very much anti-racist, but all the flak I got about being a neo-Nazi skinhead warrior just because of my racial background and musical preferences was what got me curious about neo-Nazism to begin with. I ended up sympathizing with skinheads and became one by my senior year, and without all the harassment I got from others all because of music, I might have never really dallied with white supremacy.

yea its stupid i hear crap like this all the time accept i get a diffrent kind of crap.

i dont care if a tv show or movie is got alot of black people and less white people i watch it anyway.

i one time at a party turned the tv to the cosby show and someone ranted and raved about it.

as a kid i liked to watch soul train boy my mom hated that :lmao: she said they dont let white people on their you shouldnt watch it. i can see she has never watched it! i have seen white people on their i didnt really care about that i just liked the music. im so glad to be moved out on my own so i can watch fresh prince of belair, the cosby show and thats so raven without hearing why you watching that!

i dont judge them by the number of blacks or whites on them i judge them by if i like the show.

Tell me about it, Nihil. You're smeared as a racist if you don't enjoy non-white cultural things or if you just prefer your own. What tripe. I used to get called a racist skinhead in high school because I shaved my head (I was going to grow it out, but the parents said no, so I just got a buzzcut) and didn't like rap or hip-hip, preferring heavy metal music. I used to get a lot of shit about that, and I was very much anti-racist, but all the flak I got about being a neo-Nazi skinhead warrior just because of my racial background and musical preferences was what got me curious about neo-Nazism to begin with. I ended up sympathizing with skinheads and became one by my senior year, and without all the harassment I got from others all because of music, I might have never really dallied with white supremacy.

(anything in italics is suppose to invoke laughter)

Ok this is going to sound a little cheesy but I know what you mean d00d.... Ok I went to an all dark skin colored tiny parochial school(very bad, educationally and socially speaking) from k-8th grade (i mean like 5-10 students per grade). I was never good at sports except for track. As I got older and started listening to music I had been first introduced to some hardcore rap and hiphop like trickdaddy and trina, dmx, and drama. It was cool and all. When I got a bit older and was further introduced to different types of music like linkin park, erasure, lots and lots of techno/trance/house, some of my old buddies where like WTF - Pat, your white cause you listen to white boy music. And I'm like I just like the music because it sounds good. Intrestingly enough I know that atleast four students from my same grade that went to the same religious college (oakwood college: historically darkskinned, primarily liberal arts). I'm the only science major out of that group (shows you what religious influence has to say about science).

My mom also had a chip on her shoulder about white people, even though she's 70-80% white herself. I was always against her opinions on whites, though I knew many whites had prejudices - I also had white friends that treated me a lot better than many of the black people I went to school with. This probably had something to do with the fact that I was a geek, played computer games as a hobby was not closed minded to other types of culture. Hell my spouse ended up being white italian- lmao.... and OMFG his family is totally warped. Its unbelievable. His sister is a born again christian, his parents are catholics and their all republican - Jeff ended up gay and marrying me, a caramel man from north carolina. So I've never really spoken to mommy and daddy in law.

Ok so back to the whole music thing - I work in between two science labs at the med center at the university and I'm like the only black I of working d00d there in the labs (aside from house keeping staff - which unfortunately is predominately black). Everyone else is either white or asian (lmao)

Funny story... My boss who is a very well respected scientist hand the most wonderful lady I've ever met in the world. She has started listening to rap music. This woman is 47 years old with a Ph.D. in physical chemistry and is playing like DMX - "what these bitches want from a nigga"... And I walk into the lab and am like ooookkk... So we get into a conversation about this and she's like this music is soooo bad, but its soooo good. And my response to her is basically along the lines of I know what you mean. She says that she'd never want her collegues to her blasting this music in the lab. I'm thinking to myself - she is crazy but I really don't care. This is like all these issues in reverse right?

Funny story2. Charlie, a white grad student downstairs is playing, Jay-z and I talk to him about the fact that I owned 3 of his albums a couple years ago and I knew a few songs verbatum. And he says to me, "oh, I never would have thought that you'd listen to this music." And the gears are turning in my head and didn't know what to make of that. All of my expectations of prejudice and race had just broken down.

What do you guys think about that?