Goodbye Jesus

Evolution is intelligent

4 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

May I ask what creature is half fish half amphibian?

Not that I am an expert in such things, but mud-skippers and lung fish came to mind  based upon your question. Wikipedia provides many more examples. Just scroll down.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_fish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rose0101 said:

I'm a Believer who prays to mary n the Saints in heaven, but I'm not an authentic Christian... Most Christians consider me a pagan and an idolater... But I am a believer and a prayerful person

You seem to simultaneously believe in Woden, Thor, St Mary, some God deity. These propositions have generally been regarded as competing and contradictory to one an other. Thus it seems to me that you believe what makes you feel good.

Would it be accurate to say that you believe in whatever makes you feel good?

9 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Not that I am an expert in such things, but mud-skippers and lung fish came to mind  based upon your question. Wikipedia provides many more examples. Just scroll down.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_fish

I love this. Creationists say you don't get a half this and a half that.

I'm like.. have you gone to locations where you can watch in real time a creature that is obviously both fish and not fish come out of the water and hop about on land?

25 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

May I ask what creature is half fish half amphibian?

Two things:

1)  Your question is curious.  Most biological systems in fish and amphibians and identical or similar, e.g., circulatory system, nervous system, digestive system, etc.  Of course, there are some things that are rather different, fins vs. legs, gills vs. lungs, scales vs. skin.  Fish and amphibians have always shared more than 50% of their systems.  Thus, all fish and all amphibians are at least one half of the other.

2)  I'm not your research assistant.  The evolution of some fish populations towards amphibian populations is well researched and well documented.  You are the only one who can spend the time to educate yourself about this topic.  One word of caution.  There are some creationist websites out there which lie, cheat and invent fake news about this (and many other) scientific topics.  Avoid them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

I believe woden and Thor are spirits... They might be evil spirits... Christians do believe that the gods and goddesses are spirits, they just assume they are demons...

It isn't that I just go with what feels good... I sincerely pray for the grace to know the truth... But I try to focus on what's positive and beautiful.

I reject the idea that anyone would be tortured for all eternity.... If there is such a person who has to go through that for all eternity, I think it would be somebody who wants that.

I believe God can rescue any soul from hell.  But there may be Souls who prefer to be in hell with Satan  rather than in heaven with God.  There literally are people perhaps who love the devil and Evil and hatred that much that they would rather be in hell.  I think the doors of hell are locked from the inside.

I believe many atheists and agnostics will be fully enlightened after their soul exits the body, and they will be given the opportunity to accept or reject Christ, with full understanding of the truth.

As of now, God gives so little Grace, that I do not believe he can blame somebody for being an unbeliever.

I believe there are many good Christians and that you are one of them. But my job here is to enlighten you, not with beliefs but with knowledge and better understandings of reality.

Ask me any related questions and I expect to be able to inform you. Most thinking people cannot continue to believe in a falsehood in an avalanche of evidence to the contrary.

23 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

I believe woden and Thor are spirits... They might be evil spirits... Christians do believe that the gods and goddesses are spirits, they just assume they are demons...

It isn't that I just go with what feels good... I sincerely pray for the grace to know the truth... But I try to focus on what's positive and beautiful.

I reject the idea that anyone would be tortured for all eternity.... If there is such a person who has to go through that for all eternity, I think it would be somebody who wants that.

I believe God can rescue any soul from hell.  But there may be Souls who prefer to be in hell with Satan  rather than in heaven with God.  There literally are people perhaps who love the devil and Evil and hatred that much that they would rather be in hell.  I think the doors of hell are locked from the inside.

I believe many atheists and agnostics will be fully enlightened after their soul exits the body, and they will be given the opportunity to accept or reject Christ, with full understanding of the truth.

As of now, God gives so little Grace, that I do not believe he can blame somebody for being an unbeliever.

Maybe you are already Enlightenment itself. 

19 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

Seconded. It's accessible, interesting and informative.

• Like 1

It looks like the revisit from Rose0101 has ended.

25 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'll go with what works... Prayer gives me joy and makes me more honest and charitable... I tried being an atheist, and I was not honest or charitable, because I didn't believe there were any spirits  watching over to please by being honest and charitable.

I have given away money and possessions including the shirt off my back, because I believed the spirits wanted me to.  I was honest with this forum and told them I was a sock puppet who was previously banned, because I believe the spirits wanted me to.

I was honest with my probation officer about abusing drugs, and promised him that I would not use drugs again as long as he's my PO, because I believe God rewards honesty.

If there are no gods or spirits who care, what's the point of being honest?  Why tell my probation officer I abused drugs and risk going back to jail? Why tell the Forum I'm a sock puppet and risk getting banned?

Those are just two examples of many examples of times I was charitable and honest, because I believed it pleased the spirit people.

It is far better IMO to be charitable when there is no reward in it for yourself, no pie in the sky :)  Your sole intention is to help another person. Honesty can make many people feel good and happy, a type of personal integrity, but empathy is more important IMO. "Do unto others......." the golden rule is a good guide to a happy life, but more important is the negative golden rule: Don't do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pantheory said:

It is far better IMO to be charitable when there is no reward in it for yourself, no pie in the sky :)  Your sole intention is to help another person. Honesty can make many people feel good and happy, a type of personal integrity, but empathy is more important IMO. "Do unto others......." the golden rule is a good guide to a happy life, but more important is the negative golden rule. Don't do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

Golden Rule:  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Silver Rule:  Do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you.

Brazen (Brass) Rule:  Do unto others as they do unto you.

Iron Rule:  Do unto others as you like, before they do it unto you.

Nepotism Rule:  Give precedence in all things to close relatives, and do as you like to others.

Tin Rule: Suck up to those above you, and abuse those below.

Tit-for-Tat Rule:  Cooperate with others first, then do unto them as they do unto you.

-Carl Sagan from Billions and Billions

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Perhaps he's not the only one who gets Mary to answer their prayers.

Trust me, it's a just and fitting end.

4 minutes ago, florduh said:

Perhaps he's not the only one who gets Mary to answer their prayers.

Trust me, it's a just and fitting end.

Well, he seems to have improved and healed a bit since he was last here.  He still has a way to go.  I hope he learns how to rely on himself and wish him good fortune.

Did he make the choice to leave himself?

1 minute ago, sdelsolray said:

Golden Rule:  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Silver Rule:  Do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you.

Brazen (Brass) Rule:  Do unto others as they do unto you.

Iron Rule:  Do unto others as you like, before they do it unto you.

Nepotism Rule:  Give precedence in all things to close relatives, and do as you like to others.

Tin Rule: Suck up to those above you, and abuse those below.

Tit-for-Tat Rule:  Cooperate with others first, then do unto them as they do unto you.

-Carl Sagan from Billions and Billions

Cool, the Silver Rule, from Carl Sagan.

30 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Merely 3 hours ago in his other thread Rose0101 seemed concerned that he may get banned for his views, and by now he's already deleted his own account. Hmmmm.....

So out of curiosity, what screen name did Rose0101 use the last time he was here?

It sounds like PopeADope

I thought he might be A1SteakSauce.

Just now, sdelsolray said:

I thought he might be A1SteakSauce.

The spelling is too good.

2 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

Not sure what happened... I have no recollection of deleting my account... If the staff must ban me, I accept your decision as inspired by the Noble spirits and the best thing for me and the Forum

Nevertheless, the account was deleted.  And now reinstated...but not completely.  You might ask the mods if they can recover all of your earlier posts, if that is what you would like to do.  That way, you would not have to repeat things previous written.

In any event, welcome back.

3 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

Not sure what happened... I have no recollection of deleting my account... If the staff must ban me, I accept your decision as inspired by the Noble spirits and the best thing for me and the Forum

But remember Frosty the Snowman. He came back again someday

4 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

I don't think the mods presently have that in mind.  You're doing fine.

3 minutes ago, Rose0101 said:

But remember Frosty the Snowman. He came back again someday

Well, there is a difference.  Frosty the Snowman is a fable.  You coming back is reality.

Well Rose1010, since you are back for now,  how about a full disclosure and telling us your old screen name?