Goodbye Jesus

The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior to God's message

SerenelyBlue

God uses what the world sees as foolishness to shame the wise. The Bible and its word saves you.  It may look foolish but it is God's tool to speak to humans.  The world does not have spiritual intelligence.  They see it as foolishness.  To their detriment.

• Like 1

I don't see my intellect as superior to God's message, or any most messages. That's kind of not the point. However, it appears to me that many X-ians believe their intellect concerning the meaning of scripture or spirituality is superior to others. Perhaps that is a misunderstanding... but it seems you misunderstand us as well... so... it's unconvincing? *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior to God's message

Speak for yourself, H.  Repeat this in front of a mirror:

"The devil tricked me into believing that my intellect is superior to God's message".

God uses the what the world sees as foolishness to shame the wise. The Bible and its word saves you.  It may look foolish but it is God's tool to speak to humans.  The world does not have spiritual intelligence.  They see it as foolishness.  To their detriment.

Just not in any way you can demonstrate.

• Like 2

God uses the what the world sees as foolishness to shame the wise. The Bible and its word saves you.  It may look foolish but it is God's tool to speak to humans.  The world does not have spiritual intelligence.  They see it as foolishness.  To their detriment.

as you have the gift of speaking in tongues which my TRUE born again christian family and church taught me ARE from the devil, how would you know or not know when the devil is speaking to you? You probably never WERE a true christian in the first place.

• Like 1

God created us all with intellect that refutes God's foolishness?

How does foolishness shame the wise?

It may look foolish but it is God's tool to speak to humans. <-- This is a superior being's plan to save us? From himself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SB, what you and others reading this thread need to realize is this.

With indoctrination you become TOTALLY subjective because of the version you believe in. That IS indoctrination's sole objective. 

That is why when I look at YOUR statements I keep thinking your message has NO effect on me whatsoever. Why? I would have been taught that because you spoke in tongues you ARE of the devil! This you do not see, because you are blinded by YOUR version of a story told by mankind for mankind's evil goals. You see ONLY what YOU want to see! That is why we have over 30,000 versions from the same book. Like gods of other religions, mankind often made a god in his own image. (Not a god creating a man in his image.)

If you were a muslim, you would be here telling us another vile message with as much conviction and being as equally correct as a born again with their drivel. What you have to learn is that these ancient stories ALL created their religious gods for reasons of control! You are living proof of that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

As someone pointed out to me once "There's other wisdom out there"

There are other book's about life and reality that are far less condemning than the Bible.

• Like 2

While I kinda like your post, liking to indulge in some magical thinking myself, the title you chose really could use some humility. If that's just you being provocative on purpose then I have no complaint as long as you know you are.

I remember you saying God speaks to you. How do you know it's God who speaks and not the Devil impersonating God? Maybe ask him? And expect demi-godly bluff in response in case it's the Devil.

Maybe the Devil speaks to you because he knows you're vulnerable to that attack and does not speak to me because he knows that would lead me to God.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Realist said:

as you have the gift of speaking in tongues which my TRUE born again christian family and church taught me ARE from the devil, how would you know or not know when the devil is speaking to you? You probably never WERE a true christian in the first place.

Speaking in tongues is scriptural.  1st Corinthians.  Your family do not read their Bible enough.

7 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

While I kinda like your post, liking to indulge in some magical thinking myself, the title you chose really could use some humility. If that's just you being provocative on purpose then I have no complaint as long as you know you are.

I remember you saying God speaks to you. How do you know it's God who speaks and not the Devil impersonating God? Maybe ask him? And expect demi-godly bluff in response in case it's the Devil.

Maybe the Devil speaks to you because he knows you're vulnerable to that attack and does not speak to me because he knows that would lead me to God.

I have the gift of discernment of spirits.  I know when the message is from God.

1 hour ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I have the gift of discernment of spirits.  I know when the message is from God.

That doesn't prove anything though, you know.

What do other people have to discern that you aren't just speaking nonsense?

7 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

What do other people have to discern that you aren't just speaking nonsense?

My op is backed up scripturally.  If a voice tells me something that is contrary to scripture I will not accept it.

2 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

My op is backed up scripturally.  If a voice tells me something that is contrary to scripture I will not accet it.

This raises so many questions i'm not even going to bother. Things you claim don't add up at all anymore.

That's based on my god-given ability to discern bullshit from plausible.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

This raises so many questions i'm not even going to bother. Things you claim don't add up at all anymore.

That's based on my god-given ability to discern bullshit from plausible.

Ask me the questions please.

I have only started 3 threads since I reverted to Christianity.

Are you happy H? Do you feel more content as a Christian again? I hope so, sincerely. But posts like this one kinda send the opposite message.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, disillusioned said:

Are you happy H? Do you feel more content as a Christian again? I hope so, sincerely. But posts like this one kinda send the opposite message.

What do you mean?

I am happy thank you.

@disillusioned, I want you to see the truth too.  It is not always an easy road, but God and Christianity is real.  By you I mean all of Ex C.

31 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Ask me the questions please.

If you can discern the spirits and tell that it's God who's talking to you, why would you need to compare what it says to the scripture? Why does the scripture take precedent if you know the speaker isn't misleading you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

If you can discern the spirits and tell that it's God who's talking to you, why would you need to compare what it says to the scripture? Why does the scripture take precedent if you know the speaker isn't misleading you?

I prefer not to rely on voices.  I will rather get to know Gods will by reading the Bible.  The powers of discernment the Holy Spirit has granted me are not infalliable.  They are still growing.

19 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

God uses what the world sees as foolishness to shame the wise. The Bible and its word saves you.  It may look foolish but it is God's tool to speak to humans.  The world does not have spiritual intelligence.  They see it as foolishness.  To their detriment.

That's one pretty smart god.

When I want people to understand me I try to be as clear as possible so everyone can understand but this guy just wants to shame people who think they're smarter than he is even if communication suffers.

mwc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I prefer not to rely on voices.  I will rather get to know Gods will by reading the Bible.  The powers of discernment the Holy Spirit has granted me are not infalliable.  They are still growing.

So the power isn't infallible and neither is the Bible as per your admission earlier.

I have no more complaints I think. This is how spiritual things should be. Unclear, unprovable. Only the laws of this material world can be proven to others. The rest is subjective or at least dependent on god's guidance which can be perceived only subjectively.

I am learning by the day.  I don't understand everything either.  For some reason God is using an imperfect document to reach children.