Goodbye Jesus

Christians blaming gays

Samuel

• Super Moderator

While it's widely reported that fundy Christians do have a particular problem with gays, religion is not a requirement to take issue with homosexuality or anything else. Also note that not all Christians narrow their focus as much as their fundy brethren. I say we extend grace to each other, m'kay? 😈

• Super Moderator
56 minutes ago, end3 said:

I'm not trying to control anyone....you are the one that chimed in after we left this thread alone.  You then asked which would I prefer.  I said neither.  My preferences have fucking nothing to do with his fucking daughter or what kind of person she is or what kind of child she would raise.  It has everything to do with MY freedom as well. 

You have a lot of opinions here.  You have an opinion about the daughter.  An opinion about the girl's mothers.  An opinion about who the girl's parents should be or should not be.  That is a lot of opinions for somebody who has never walked two feet in this kind of situation.  The only reason you have so many opinions about their lives is because you would like to control the situation and make it what you want it to be, if only you had the chance.  And obviously you feel pretty strongly about those opinions, hence the number of times you used the word "fucking" in your fucking post. 

You're doing a lot toward demonstrating what the OP was talking about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You have a lot of opinions here.  You have an opinion about the daughter.  An opinion about the girl's mothers.  An opinion about who the girl's parents should be or should not be.  That is a lot of opinions for somebody who has never walked two feet in this kind of situation.  The only reason you have so many opinions about their lives is because you would like to control the situation and make it what you want it to be, if only you had the chance.  And obviously you feel pretty strongly about those opinions, hence the number of times you used the word "fucking" in your fucking post. 

You're doing a lot toward demonstrating what the OP was talking about.

Opinions is not control...  

1 hour ago, florduh said:

While it's widely reported that fundy Christians do have a particular problem with gays, religion is not a requirement to take issue with homosexuality or anything else. Also note that not all Christians narrow their focus as much as their fundy brethren. I say we extend grace to each other, m'kay? 😈

Well fuck, the guy has hard on for some reason that I am anti- his -daughter...  Hell, I am a lesbian, but I had to quit....they never would invite me to their parties...dammit.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, end3 said:

Opinions is not control...  

Well fuck, the guy has hard on for some reason that I am anti- his -daughter...  Hell, I am a lesbian, but I had to quit....they never would invite me to their parties...dammit.

I wonder if you making it all about your freedom is why they didn't want you around.  Or maybe it was because of your opinions.  Either way, you have extended as much control over the situation as you possibly can, even if that control was only about your actions and your opinions.  That little girl could probably use a good uncle in her life.  Too bad jesus didn't love her enough to give her one; and you don't care enough to pretend to be one.  Grace and relationships, my raggedy ass.

Do you know why you're still hanging on to christianity, End3?  Why you haven't been able to deconvert?  It's because you are still lying to yourself.  You're lying to yourself so much that it has completely warped your perception.   Quit it. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You know, many naturally spiritual people become enamored of words like "love" and "grace" but outgrow the religious vehicle that carried them only so far. Eventually those people come to see their religion as a rowboat that took them to the other side of the gulf, and once on firm ground the boat is left on the bank as the journey begins in earnest.

WOO! Just saying. ☺️

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Grace and relationships, my raggedy ass.

It's a dynamic, an equilibrium brought ON by a relationship, and then the equilibrium is grace.  The douchebag with the daughter is showing no evidence the he wishes to participate in the dynamic. 

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, end3 said:

It's a dynamic, an equilibrium brought ON by a relationship, and then the equilibrium is grace.  The douchebag with the daughter is showing no evidence the he wishes to participate in the dynamic. 

Neither is the douchebag wishing the daughter were being raised by somebody other than her parents.  None of my business, though, I reckon. 

I do appreciate how nimbly you completely evaded the actual point I was making in my post, though.  It's almost as if you are lying to yourself so much that it has completely warped your perceptions.  Or something.

16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Neither is the douchebag wishing the daughter were being raised by somebody other than her parents.  None of my business, though, I reckon. 

I do appreciate how nimbly you completely evaded the actual point I was making in my post, though.  It's almost as if you are lying to yourself so much that it has completely warped your perceptions.  Or something.

No, if you will go reread....from my memory, the guy is wanting some kind of miraculous change of culture and has issues with why it's not being enacted at the speed that he desires.  Then anyone, me namely on this site, that points out that change is slow (per Florduh),  is the dreaded enemy...especially if Christian is by your name.  And for the record, I am so far away from de-conversion....I don't have a good analogy......light years maybe....billion and billions.

• Super Moderator

If you will go and reread the post of mine currently in question, you might be able to provide an appropriate response. 

7 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I wonder if you making it all about your freedom is why they didn't want you around.  Or maybe it was because of your opinions.  Either way, you have extended as much control over the situation as you possibly can, even if that control was only about your actions and your opinions.  That little girl could probably use a good uncle in her life.  Too bad jesus didn't love her enough to give her one; and you don't care enough to pretend to be one.  Grace and relationships, my raggedy ass.

Do you know why you're still hanging on to christianity, End3?  Why you haven't been able to deconvert?  It's because you are still lying to yourself.  You're lying to yourself so much that it has completely warped your perception.   Quit it. 

Not sure how to answer your question satisfactorily.  My original response was we all have things that are harmful....harmful being relative.  I'm sure my response was taken offensively and would rather me not have responded.  Perhaps this level of discussion was too soon for where he was at...reasonably sure now.  I tried to leave it open that we all have things that hurt others....but he didn't want to accept that.....just that I was wrong, period.   One way of getting better is to understand those that oppose you....which he said he attempted...but is still angry, nonetheless.  It's a process, so not sure where to go from here....we let it die once, we can let it die again.  I think if you were being honest, you would say the guy needs more time.  But since I'm the evil Christian, obviously it's my fault....

• Super Moderator
25 minutes ago, end3 said:

Not sure how to answer your question satisfactorily.  My original response was we all have things that are harmful....harmful being relative.  I'm sure my response was taken offensively and would rather me not have responded.  Perhaps this level of discussion was too soon for where he was at...reasonably sure now.  I tried to leave it open that we all have things that hurt others....but he didn't want to accept that.....just that I was wrong, period.   One way of getting better is to understand those that oppose you....which he said he attempted...but is still angry, nonetheless.  It's a process, so not sure where to go from here....we let it die once, we can let it die again.  I think if you were being honest, you would say the guy needs more time.  But since I'm the evil Christian, obviously it's my fault....

No, End3, I don't think it's your fault.  Not entirely anyway.  I've seen enough coins to know they all got two sides to them.  But I have found that the secret to grace and relationships is looking at our own selves instead of at others.  That's all I wanted to point out.  I could have been more diplomatic about it; but we both know that ain't me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, end3 said:

My preferences have fucking nothing to do with his fucking daughter

My fucking daughter?  

Christian creep you are.

• Like 3