Goodbye Jesus

List Of False Religions

eightman

If you're not worshipping god, you are worshipping something else. I shall now furnish a partial list of FALSE RELIGIONS people worship:

1) god,allah,buddah etc. NOW LETS ALL REPEAT LOUD AND CLEAR: THESE CLOWNS DON'T EXIST.

2) Science-technology-future. This is the most dominant FALSE RELIGION being followed in the world today. It is probably the best "religion" though and I would be lenient on it.

3) Love. A total pure illusion and invention.

4) Sex. Same as above, associated with maybe drugs, highs, LSD, TRYING TO HAVE FUN.

5) Money. You just need the bare minimum to survive.

6) Work. Same as above.

7) Progress. This is a subtle one; people think they "grow", progress towards "more knowledge", "more spirituality" etc. These are mostly just counters of numbers or measurements that don't mean anything at all. We have CHANGE, but rarely any progress, and besides progress is undefined.

8) Art-consumerism. These are false IDOLS. Billy Idol is the only real IDOL.

9) Marxism - social activism - idealisms

10) Many more, each of you add to this ever growing list of CRAP.

A man is truly free when he does not need to worship anything or live for anything at all. A man who believes in NOTHING is the real unknown god.

What's the difference between an "explanation" and a scribble on a piece of paper or pure non sense ? None. The explanation is just something useful for us in organizing and predicting the world, manipulating it according to our needs, pleasure, survival etc. But taken as is, there is nothing that really distinguishes an explanation from any sequence of symbols, a painting or any non sense at all.

The quantum physics equations are equivalent to any sequence of symbols. They become important only in that they can be used to interpret, organize conceptually and manipulate matter. They are in turn useful to us only because we are hardwired to perceive and interact with matter in a given quirk way. If we were hardwired differently we could even not have explanations, or have a completely different way to organize our thoughts-emotions-interactions. Science itself is just a QUIRK.

An empty mind is a pure mind. God is good. He wants the mind free from any noise. Metaphysical independence. An explanation is a set of cause and effects. A formula, interactions, experiments. Seen from outside the whole system it is just a drawing, a painting, with no intrinsic value. FREE YOUR MINDS!

With or without god everything is ASTONISHING, A MIRACLE, IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND OR CONCEIVE.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eightman

• Amethyst

• BlueGiant

• Lycorth

1) god,allah,buddah etc. NOW LETS ALL REPEAT LOUD AND CLEAR: THESE CLOWNS DON'T EXIST.

Ummm...dude. I'd just like to point out that Buddha never claimed to be a god and Buddhist do no worship him as such.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not sure I understand where you are going with any of it.

If you're not worshipping god, you are worshipping something else.

Cough... Cough...

bs.png

Yet another tired know-it-all :Wendywhatever:

This isn't www.athiesm-uberalles.com and you don't know everything there is to know about how everyone else thinks and feels. We're glad you're not a Xian zombie but come down off the high horse and try a little humility. Or at least try to make sense.

And if you don't believe that "god" exists, how can you say in your last paragraph that god wants our minds to be free?

This is certainly one of the weirdest threads I've seen in awhile...

I'm still having trouble getting past the first post. Exactly what is it you are talking about?

He or she is obviously a fundy who thinks any god but Jesus is false. Not to mention, he or she has forgotten that not everyone actually worships something. Looks like a case of projecting one's own thoughts onto a total stranger's to me.

Just because fundies grovel before a tyrannical deity doesn't mean that others do.

:ugh:

If you're not worshipping god, you are worshipping something else. I shall now furnish a partial list of FALSE RELIGIONS people worship:

dot dot dot

God is good. He wants the mind free from any noise.

But you just said that god is a clown that doesn't exist. :loser:

:twitch:

Ssel....is that you???

I don't recall SSEL ever having been banned. Why not just log into the account if you are him?

Cough... Cough...

bs.png

Choke... Gag....

Btw, 8-man, if you keep claiming that sex is an illusion,

everybody is going to know that you're not gettin' any. :Doh:

Existence or nonexistance in not provable. Nor is the existance of any of the above beings mean they must be worshipped. The existance of a supreme being does not need (or likely require) religion. Get a clue.

2) Science-technology-future. This is the most dominant FALSE RELIGION being followed in the world today. It is probably the best "religion" though and I would be lenient on it.

Your use of the word "religion" is way too broad. I do not dedicate my life to the function of electricity, I do not live my life according to the instruction of the Periodic Table, I don't pray to be blessed by tectonic plate movement (if anything, I at least hope the microplates in my area stay peaceful...but that's it), and I don't give offerings to nuclear physics.

3) Love. A total pure illusion and invention.

Sorry your life is so sad. Need a hug? I'm sure someone will do it if you pay them.

4) Sex. Same as above, associated with maybe drugs, highs, LSD, TRYING TO HAVE FUN.

Sex is not an illusion. Illusions don't leave behind baby fertilizer and hickeys (tell that pregnant girl you know her condition is merely a hallucination.....I want to watch her drop kick you). Perhaps it could be considered an invention...a damn good one!

5) Money. You just need the bare minimum to survive.

True....but life was cruel, brutish, and short back when all anyone could reasonably expect was just survival and progeny. I want and earn a higher quality of existance thank you very much. I couldn't have toured Southern Europe or cruised the Mediterranean on spartan "survival" income. My wants are as valid as my needs if I can afford it...which I can, so blow me.

6) Work. Same as above.

I punch a time-clock. I neither want nor need overtime.....but if I have to work it, I'm properly compensated.

7) Progress. This is a subtle one; people think they "grow", progress towards "more knowledge", "more spirituality" etc. These are mostly just counters of numbers or measurements that don't mean anything at all. We have CHANGE, but rarely any progress, and besides progress is undefined.

So...you are justifying your lack of education and your inability to enjoy learning? Your problem...not mine.

8) Art-consumerism. These are false IDOLS. Billy Idol is the only real IDOL.

Art inspires ideas and thoughts. To crap on art makes it very clear to me that you are perhaps unable to appreciate it in any form. Which is unfortunate for YOU. The rest of us are HAPPY despite your negative and bland existance.

9) Marxism - social activism - idealisms

......You voted for Bush twice didn't you? :Hmm:

10) Many more, each of you add to this ever growing list of CRAP.

Yep!! We're having one hell of a party with all our enjoyment seeking and fun loving! And best of all....no one invited you! Whee! :woohoo:

Good post, White Raven!

I'm not a fundy; the christ is just another CLOWN. Politics sucks but I lean towards the left although it is mostly all bull. I am simply FREEING MY MIND from all the religions or similars I have partially believed in through my life. FREE YOUR MINDS. I accept any and all contradictions because I don't worship LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, REASON, COHERENCE etc. That is all bull, it is just a painting, an organizing principle, but I could care less. Anyways, I don't know anything, I am totally clueless about everyhing and proud of it, even though being PROUD is a sin according to some. Anyways, I admit, I SUCK.

How do you know that?Define Worship?

shall now furnish a partial list of FALSE RELIGIONS people worship:

Does that include Jesus

An empty mind is a pure mind. God is good

How do you know this?God can be good and evil at the same time?

I think anybody who calls science a religion is talking out of their ass. Sure, people can regard science religiously, people can follow anything religiously. But to label science, in it's essence, as a religion, is to be wholly ignorant of the scientific method. How can anything faslifiable be construed as a religion?

I accept any and all contradictions because I don't worship LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, REASON, COHERENCE etc.

And you know that LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, REASON, COHERENCE etc. are bull how??? Kinda painted yourself into a corner don't you think?

I'm not a fundy; the christ is just another CLOWN. Politics sucks but I lean towards the left although it is mostly all bull. I am simply FREEING MY MIND from all the religions or similars I have partially believed in through my life. FREE YOUR MINDS. I accept any and all contradictions because I don't worship LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, REASON, COHERENCE etc. That is all bull, it is just a painting, an organizing principle, but I could care less. Anyways, I don't know anything, I am totally clueless about everyhing and proud of it, even though being PROUD is a sin according to some. Anyways, I admit, I SUCK.

We agree on one thing.

Well, that, and you are a moron.

Um... so, what exactly do you believe? :Hmm:

Fundy doesn't only apply to Christians. Anyone can be a fundy if they insist on shoving their views down another throat.

But I digress. I feel sorry for you because you obviously have low self-esteem. I hope you seek counseling for that. Good luck.

BTW, if the original post is supposed to be a repsonse is to this thread: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=7994

Keep in mind that many people use the word "worship" loosely and some of the posts are meant to be humourous, like the chocolate one. Nobody actually bows down to chocolate. It's a joke.

Um... so, what exactly do you believe? :Hmm:

He believes that you can't believe in anything because we don't know what is reality or if reality is just a concept made by mankind. He knows this is a true belief because... ...well? :lmao:

Oh, your a fundy alright. All the signs are there. You're contradicting yourself, you're confused, you're babbling on about stuff you know nothing about, yet claim to know all about it (then claim not to. Talk about confused).

I'd classify you as a "fundamentalist agnostic." I used to joke about these because I never thought they were real.

Will have to admit, I started my morning with a bong loaded with knock off genrtic Fruootie Ohs! intstead of real Fruit Loops.

Was sure that the combination of old bottom of the can stale coffee and cheap breakfast sugar that my mind was a tad *off*.

Seems now after re-reading initial post I wasn't maladjusted at all..

Continue with the analysis of this post please..

kL

I'm not a fundy; the christ is just another CLOWN. Politics sucks but I lean towards the left although it is mostly all bull. I am simply FREEING MY MIND from all the religions or similars I have partially believed in through my life. FREE YOUR MINDS.

*sigh* The Matrix was a decent movie. I liked it and enjoyed it. But the FYM phrase has been so badly overused since this movie came out, that the intent of those words have been lost through repetitive mindless parrotting (ironic....no?).

Get your mouth off Morpheus's dick, and try having an original thought of your own.

I accept any and all contradictions because I don't worship LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, REASON, COHERENCE etc. That is all bull, it is just a painting, an organizing principle, but I could care less. Anyways, I don't know anything, I am totally clueless about everyhing and proud of it, even though being PROUD is a sin according to some. Anyways, I admit, I SUCK.

:Hmm: Pride in ignorance????? You sure you're not a fundamentalist religion follower?

As for being proud of ignorance....... can't say I have any respect, interest, or liking for any such person who takes satisfaction from mental void and vacuum. That is not a human being....that is a cow apathetically chewing its cud at the slaughterhouse stockyard.

If you're going to think like hamburger, you may as well become it and dive headfirst into a meat grinder.

Please Salt and Pepper yourself first though. I think you'd be pretty flavorless without it.