Goodbye Jesus

List Of False Religions

eightman

You amuse me eightman, a nice plushy wanabe-philosophical toy.

Isn't understanding that consciousness cannot be understood an understanding itself?

If argument and reason cannot tell anything, then why are you on this board pushing your views?

As I said, you amuse me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eightman

• Amethyst

• BlueGiant

• Lycorth

I'mj amused about how he tells us he's totally clueless and doesn't know anything........but wants to tell us all about it and how we should embrace ignorance too.

No Thanks, I did that when I was a christian.

If you believe in the christ, then you can only believe in him and only completely dedicate yourself to him 24 hours a day, every thought, don't eat, don't drink, pure adoration to absolutely nothing.

When you really reach a point of not believing in NOTHING, then you are truly spiritual and absolutely free.

<Arthur Dent>Ah. Obviously this is a strange new definition of "free" that I wasn't previously aware of.</Arthur Dent>

What's wrong with just being ourselves, in this universe that's so hopelessly "contaminated" with time, matter, and physical laws? After all, the happiness that we do experience is something that we perceive with our physical brains.

Why does jesus speak to little children ? Why did god not want Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil ? because god wants us to be as innocent as possible, to not know anything at all, to be as innocent as Eve who did not even run away when a snake talked to her. Even a 3 year old child would run away today if an animal talked to her, imagine eating from the tree!

The edge of knowledge always reaches the point of self contradiction. If we are to be without any knowledge as god wants and the bible declares, then even the knowledge in the bible is not to be known. And in fact THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL IS EXACTLY THE BIBLE. God wants us to be as innocent as Eve, like little children, without any knowledge at all, pure and free like little free hippies having fun and sex and music and love etc.

But even this is knowledge, so then it becomes a self contradiction, hence we cannot know anything anyways. Anyways language is like a pretty painting you can say all kinds of mysterious nice verses like "jesus talks to little children and shows himself only to little children" and it seems deep and true but it is just a bunch of mystical CRAP, it is clown talk, everything means nothing, GOD HAVE MERCY ON US.

I believe I understand what you're saying (Frankly that scares me)

Basically, what you mean to say, is as everything that we understand is based on limited human knowledge, without an external verification none of it can be confirmed as true, therefore all knowledge is merely belief, and as we as humanity hold our knowledge in such high regard, we have come to worship it.

Therefore the only way to be free of worship - and have a free spirit is to believe nothing, understand nothing and worship none of it. As all of that is false understanding that we have made up.

Something along those lines, yes?

Of course, I worship the concept that you're completely insane - not just believe it, worship it.

Another false religion is NUMBERS. The human mind is obsessed with numbers or more precisely measurements or even more precisely COMPARISONS. I saw a piece of a documentary that was describing a primitive african tribe that had a ritual to see who gets the fattest. This made me think about all the human mind's obsession with this thought structure.

Formula 1 cars must go FASTER, Gigaflop computers are studied, we must exceed the limits, more production, 10 billion VHS tapes produced, millions of square feet of ABANDONED MALLS in America, etc. I myself love these numbers, all kinds of numbers, nonetheless it is an OBSESSION. Alot of scientific thought is based on MORE precision, MORE gigahertz, MORE everything. Religion measures alot also, extreme pain is hell, extreme pleasure heaven ? Are we closer to reality or KNOW reality deeper when experiencing extreme or MORE pain ? very strange are religions ....

We measure and compare because we are totally CLUELESS.

And I note that you speak falsely by your own words.

I also find your definitons of religion curious, but then I have to ask:

Why do you rail against something that doesn't exist? Why do you act and attack vapor? Why do you feed energy to nonexistence, and in doing so let it dominate you, drain you, and spit you out? Why are you letting the nonexistent concept of religion make you a slave?

Why are you dwelling in the thin?

Because since I did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, I have been givenover to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Care to give an actual answer?

Because since I did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, I have been givenover to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Um....okay.

*Backs away very slowly and hopes he/she doesn't have any sharp or otherwise dangerous objects*

Do you really think I have any answers at all ? I don't even know what I am talking about, and after reading this thread over I don't understand any of it at all. I am totally lost.

I get it. He's being contradictory intentionally cause he's 'not of God's mind.'

Cute, and not worth any more of my time.

Do you really think I have any answers at all ? I don't even know what I am talking about, and after reading this thread over I don't understand any of it at all. I am totally lost.

umm....your wierd :scratch:

And thats comming from an anime nerd...so you know, you gotta be really wierd. :woohoo:

Directly from the Holy Scriptures, or if you prefer THE WORD OF GOD:

CORINTHIANS 666:1-4

"1. And the Son of Man sayeth, I tell you the truth, you can only know

what you already know; 2. you can only know what you have always known,

and what you have always known is nothing. 3. Knowledge is like power,

it cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed. 4. and they were

amazed and awed by what they heard, by such a great revelation. "

Um... dude, we're not Christians. We're Ex-Christians, which is a whole 'nother ballgame. The so-called "Word of God" holds no water for us.

I get it now. You're just a fundy of a different (and weirder) stripe.

Um... dude, we're not Christians. We're Ex-Christians, which is a whole 'nother ballgame. The so-called "Word of God" holds no water for us.

Precisely. Eightman, what do you expect to do by quoting the Babble? If we don't believe in it and reject it wholesale, trying to convert us by referring to it makes you look stupid. I realize you were trained to do so as a Xian, as I was, but it really is an entirely pointless venture. It would be like me trying to convert you to, say, Asatru by quoting from the Havamal. If you reject the Havamal as the scribblings of devil-worshipping Heathens, then what good would I be doing? Same with you - please refrain from quoting the Babble as it does not mean anything to us and you will not impress us by your devotion to your holy book.

And how can we "check out the structure" of your god's mind by referring to a website? Doesn't your own holy book say you cannot know the mind of your god, that it is above human ways of thinking?

None of this gives us one good reason why we should become Xians.

And now the tiger shows his stripes...

You should have answers about yourself, and you seem to talk a good deal for someone who knows nothing.

Once again I find myself amused at your attempts to be deep. It's cute, kid.

Come to mommy children, I shall now commence to enlighten you on the subject of GOD:

First of all GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

Second of all GOD SUCKS COCK.

third of all THE NEXT TIME A PRIEST, PASTOR, GURU TALKS OF SPIRITUAL MATTERS,

TELL HIM TO GO FUCK THE VERGIN MARY.

Now children remember this lesson and pass it on.

Even the most secular atheists fear GOD. It is so engrained in humanity that someway or

another we all fear GOD (or pain or the unknown).

The only reason why religion keeps on enslaving humanity is because humanity is afraid of

burning forever in hell. Well then just think about it always, think of what an interesting

experience intense prolonged pain would be like. Try to imagine how incredible it would be.

Would this mean finally knowing the absolute truth ? Is this truth extreme pain ?

the constant extreme emergency where all else becomes meaningless ? Is this what it is

really all about ? You know when you have an ache or are sick all else seems totally

meaningless only your pain is real, all else dissappears. Is this the great truth ?

Now children draw pictures of GOD, all kinds of pictures, this will help you overcome

this devastating mental psycho sickness called religion.

I get it now. You're just a fundy of a different (and weirder) stripe.

:) I think 8man was a bit tongue-in-cheek, because he said "CORINTHIANS 666:1-4" (He was probably trying to be funny, but we've just not caught on to the humor yet. ;) )

Hrrm... I smell troll...

I must be possesed by the devil. I must find a nice church where I can get excorsized.

69 CORINTHIANS:7-10

"7. And the Son of Man sayeth, I tell you the truth, you can never get over anything; 8. you are always stuck in every moment of your life, and every moment of your life will haunt you always; 9. you can change but you only change into what you always have been and always will be; 10. and they listened in awe and amazement at such a deep revelation"

Invent your own bible, be your own boss.

Take a hike and a break from Dave's House eightman.

If you post here again before 1200US Pacific Daylight Time tomorrow, 21 April, 2006, you will be banned from any further use of these Boards or ExC's systems.

daFatman has typed..

kL

First of all GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

Umm... duh? As if we didn't know this?

Second of all GOD SUCKS COCK.

How can he suck any cock if he doesn't exist? :P

third of all THE NEXT TIME A PRIEST, PASTOR, GURU TALKS OF SPIRITUAL MATTERS,

TELL HIM TO GO FUCK THE VERGIN MARY.

I have a nicer way of turning people away, but thanks for trying. Maybe next life.

Now children remember this lesson and pass it on.

...Did I mention I'm not a child?

Even the most secular atheists fear GOD.

I think you can file this under "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about".

It is so engrained in humanity that someway or another we all fear GOD (or pain or the unknown).The only reason why religion keeps on enslaving humanity is because humanity is afraid of burning forever in hell. Well then just think about it always, think of what an interesting

experience intense prolonged pain would be like.

Yeah, right. I don't fear hell because it does not exist. And I don't fear death, because I won't feel anything afterward.

Try to imagine how incredible it would be.

I have. And that, ladies and gentleman, is why I write fiction. To make the unbelieveable believable for just a minute. Except I don't start a religion over my writings.

Would this mean finally knowing the absolute truth ? Is this truth extreme pain ?the constant extreme emergency where all else becomes meaningless ? Is this what it is really all about ? You know when you have an ache or are sick all else seems totally meaningless only your pain is real, all else dissappears. Is this the great truth ?

I don't know, and you don't either. Quit preaching at me.

Now children draw pictures of GOD, all kinds of pictures, this will help you overcome this devastating mental psycho sickness called religion.

Why waste my time trying to draw something not only invisible, but nonexistent as well?

Yep, definitely a troll.

Odd, man.

You say SUCKS COCK like it's a bad thing. It's acutally quite enjoyable, and you should try it some time eightman. It'd also keep your mouth busy and doing something a hell of a lot more productive.

You'd also be strongly advised to speak for your own punk-ass. Especially if fear drives you.