Goodbye Jesus

Side Gallery: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

LogicalFallacy

• Super Moderator
31 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

And what does predicting the future have ANYTHING to do with anything? 

Ask the clown who said

"Science" cannot fill those voids either.

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Secondly, throwing a tantrum because you can't refute the points I made is just childish.

Points????🤣🤣🤣

Tantrum? Dude, you just cannot handle being opposed. THAT'S childish.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Points????🤣🤣🤣

Tantrum? Dude, you just cannot handle being opposed. THAT'S childish.

I'm waiting for you to actually oppose me.  When are you going to start?

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm waiting for you to actually oppose me.  When are you going to start?

Well, weve yet to find a cure for debilitating and profound  mental disorders so I'm sorry your cognitive skills remain infantile. Someday science though...

I congratulate you on one thing though. You prove God right when he says he  "saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Gen 6:5

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Well, weve yet to find a cure for debilitating and profound  mental disorders so I'm sorry your cognitive skills remain infantile. Someday science though...

Actually, a lot of progress has been made since science was able to demonstrate that they were, in fact, mental disorders, and not the results of demon- possession, as folks like you would have us believe.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I congratulate you on one thing though. You prove God right when he says he  "saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Gen 6:5

Congratulations are, indeed, in order, if i proved god right without even trying, while you've spent the better part of the month trying to prove Genesis is true and have failed miserably with each post.  It just shows which of us has the talent and skills.

• Haha 1

Heee heee heeee!!!!

Isn't this fun?

"Talent and skills" at WHAT? Evil continually? That's nothing to boast of for normal people. But then...

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Heee heee heeee!!!!

Isn't this fun?

"Talent and skills" at WHAT? Evil continually? That's nothing to boast of for normal people. But then...

Hmm... seems like your "evil continually" quip might carry more weight if you could prove that sin is actually a real thing.  But, then, that would require you to prove Genesis is true, which...

We're still waiting...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Actually, a lot of progress has been made

Then please avail yourself to it.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Then please avail yourself to it.

Is this the best you can do?  Is this the best your religion has to offer?  Is this how the holy spirit leads you to minister to others?

Really?

I'm outa popcorn.

Also I think my brain cells are dying.

6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Is this the best you can do?  Is this the best your religion has to offer?  Is this how the holy spirit leads you to minister to others?

Really?

I would go so far as to say that if the Holy Spook actually existed, LuthAMF's shameful behaviour would constitute slander of said HS. :HaHa:   It's total depravity, all right --- the kind that drives people away from religion rather than towards it.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:18 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The bible, however, can not demonstrate that the "breath of god moved upon the face of the waters."  It makes the claim, but provides no supporting evidence.  This is known as an "unfounded assertion."  The bible is full of them; and Luth seems particularly fond of them as well.

Breath of god?   While definitely not a unique example of an interpretation of Genesis 1:2, yet a better example of illustrating the instruction given in  2 Peter 1:20.    

On 7/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Citsonga said:

It clearly specifies that the sun, moon & stars were created/formed on the fourth day, not merely made visible.

Again that is merely your prophesy of scripture considering that it is written that God said let there be light and there was light, then what did God see when he saw the light?  

Slip sliding away.....

The "standard model" is theory and only theory drawn from the dismissal of any theological information.

"Theological information"? LOL. That makes as much sense as "astrological information." ;)

"Theology" doesn't even exist in any real sense. The word "theology" literally means "the study of God," but NOBODY studies God. They merely study humans' opinions about God, thus developing opinions of opinions.

When we try we can only speculate. Speculation is not truth. Speculation leads to all manner of wild unprovable theory.

Oh, the irony!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Astreja said:

I would go so far as to say that if the Holy Spook actually existed, LuthAMF's shameful behaviour would constitute slander of said HS. :HaHa:   It's total depravity, all right --- the kind that drives people away from religion rather than towards it.

Shameful behavior. So you agree there is a standard for decent dialog but you're not bound to it so can just let fly. I don't think I trust what you consider shameful behavior in light of that.

3 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

"Theology" doesn't even exist in any real sense. The word "theology" literally means "the study of God," but NOBODY studies God. They merely study humans' opinions about God, thus developing opinions of opinions.

Patently false yet to be expected. This is why I still say ExChristian is a misnomer. Former church-goer or pew-sitter maybe. But a gaffe like that makes it obvious. 

4 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Patently false yet to be expected. This is why I still say ExChristian is a misnomer. Former church-goer or pew-sitter maybe. But a gaffe like that makes it obvious. 

I used to say the same sort of thing when I was a Christian. However, I was just as wrong then as you are now. What I said above is true, despite the fact that the indoctrinated can't see it.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I don't care if you were born into the MacGregor clan and grew up in the suburbs of Edinburgh, you're not a god damn Scotsman unless I fucking say you are.

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I don't care if you were born into the MacGregor clan and grew up in the suburbs of Edinburgh, you're not a god damn Scotsman unless I fucking say you are.

That is not what this means in the slightest but you keep spitting it out.

20 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

I used to say the same sort of thing when I was a Christian. However, I was just as wrong then as you are now. What I said above is true, despite the fact that the indoctrinated can't see it.

Oh, I see. So you can undo the whole of Christian history just because you say so or never understood it. Got it.

"What I said above is true."

Repeating it doesn't make it any more true despite that the sceptic won't see it.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

That is not what this means in the slightest but you keep spitting it out.

So, apparently, Luth doesn't mean what he says either, just like the bible.  What godly and christ-like behavior.

• Super Moderator

Repeating it doesn't make it any more true despite that the sceptic won't see it.

This is rich coming from the guy who keeps insisting that Genesis is true but can't seem to support the claim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Oh, I see. So you can undo the whole of Christian history just because you say so or never understood it. Got it.

"What I said above is true."

I didn't undo anything. Christianity undoes itself. You repeating the claim that Christianity is true doesn't make it true, despite the fact that the indoctrinated can't see it.