Goodbye Jesus

Calvinism, Predestination, The Elect

midniterider

14 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yes. I had some wonderful conversations with Ironhorse. He actually did his best to answer and never went down the road of reprobate minds or you believe you just won't admit it, or it's a self evident truth (PA)

I agree with this. IH was a good guy. We didn't agree most of the time, but I respected him and I got the feeling he respected me. There is a lot to be said for actually taking people seriously,  and being sincere.

7 hours ago, florduh said:

I must say that I have never seen a worse apologist than LuthAMF. It's so bad it's not even entertaining anymore.

There's such a thing as a good apologist to you? You all make it very clear you think we're all myth believers who can't be taken seriously. You mean to tell me you've encountered someone who has made such a compelling case you've reconsidered your atheism?

8 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

There's such a thing as a good apologist to you? You all make it very clear you think we're all myth believers who can't be taken seriously. You mean to tell me you've encountered someone who has made such a compelling case you've reconsidered your atheism?

He didn't say there were good ones - he merely said you were the worst.

Obviously we've never encountered an apologist we thought made a good enough case to consider believing.

And it wouldn't be "reconsidering atheism". It's considering whether we believe the claim of the apologist. In your case there is nothing that comes close to making me consider believing your claims. Don't take that personally, it applies equally to every religious argument I've considered thus far.

30 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

He didn't say there were good ones - he merely said you were the worst.

Obviously we've never encountered an apologist we thought made a good enough case to consider believing.

And it wouldn't be "reconsidering atheism". It's considering whether we believe the claim of the apologist. In your case there is nothing that comes close to making me consider believing your claims. Don't take that personally, it applies equally to every religious argument I've considered thus far.

Why not let him speak for himself? 

Obviously we've never encountered an apologist we thought made a good enough case to consider believing

So then what freaking difference does it make whether one is good or poor? That's stupid.

"And it wouldn't be "reconsidering atheism". It's considering whether we believe the claim of the apologist."

Nnnnope. The apologist does not make his own "claim" to anything. God in Scripture is capable to present and confirm His own case. We just proclaim it. 

it applies equally to every religious argument I've considered thus far.

Then that says something about you doesn't it? And I'm sure that "something" is just ooey gooey goodness all the way through, huh?

• Super Moderator

Ironhorse and End3 were both members of this community.  They made themselves members through their honesty, humility, and compassion.  Both wrestled at times with various aspects if their faith; and neither acted like they had it all figured out.  They were truly "sinners saved by grace" and they knew it.  Though their arguments may have fallen short of convincing, they both, in their own way, displayed the kind of "christ-likeness" I can respect.  

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

The apologist does not make his own "claim" to anything. God in Scripture is capable to present and confirm His own case.

So let god speak for himself and shut the fuck up.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ironhorse and End3 were both members of this community.  They made themselves members through their honesty, humility, and compassion.  Both wrestled at times with various aspects if their faith; and neither acted like they had it all figured out.  They were truly "sinners saved by grace" and they knew it.  Though their arguments may have fallen short of convincing, they both, in their own way, displayed the kind of "christ-likeness" I can respect.  

I don't claim to " have it all figured out" but I do know what and why I hold to certain things. Do I "wrestle"? Yep.

I also am truly a sinner saved by grace. You claim to appreciate this??? You mock it saying there is no such thing as "sin". Christlike? Meaningless  bc to you, Jesus is myth and we're all silly for believing it. 

12 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I do. I was pointing out the obvious which should have occurred to you. It's funny how you Christian folk use this line whenever something gets pointed out from a member you are not directly conversing with. It's a forum... you know public message board.

Obviously we've never encountered an apologist we thought made a good enough case to consider believing

So then what freaking difference does it make whether one is good or poor? That's stupid.

Because you wouldn't consider a poor case would you? You seem to be missing the point there. You, and every other Christian say's there is a God. I say none of you have given any argument that leads m to believe that claim.

"And it wouldn't be "reconsidering atheism". It's considering whether we believe the claim of the apologist."

Nnnnope. The apologist does not make his own "claim" to anything. God in Scripture is capable to present and confirm His own case. We just proclaim it.

Apart from the semantics here this is Bullshit. If God could speak for himself he wouldn't need people like you.

it applies equally to every religious argument I've considered thus far.

Then that says something about you doesn't it? And I'm sure that "something" is just ooey gooey goodness all the way through, huh?

I'm curious - what does saying that none of the 1000's of religious claims have convinced me say about me?

10 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So let god speak for himself and shut the fuck up.

Good thing nobody takes orders from you. Jesus said "Go ye therefore and make disciples, TEACHING..."

Paul says "Preach the Word in season and out."

So cram it.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I don't claim to " have it all figured out" but I do know what and why I hold to certain things. Do I "wrestle"? Yep.

I also am truly a sinner saved by grace. You claim to appreciate this??? You mock it saying there is no such thing as "sin". Christlike? Meaningless  bc to you, Jesus is myth and we're all silly for believing it. 

Your understanding is flawed.

3 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:
22 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I do. I was pointing out the obvious which should have occurred to you.

Oh yeah. I sure missed that one. Phhhht

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, LuthAMF said:

Good thing nobody takes orders from you. Jesus said "Go ye therefore and make disciples, TEACHING..."

Paul says "Preach the Word in season and out."

So cram it.

This just demonstrates more confusion on your part.

14 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This just demonstrates more confusion on your part.

G'Back to sleep, Prof. Poppies...

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

G'Back to sleep, Prof. Poppies...

If this is how you understand me, no wonder you're a scared little boy hiding behind an angry middle-aged man's mask

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If this is how you understand me, no wonder you're a scared little boy hiding behind an angry middle-aged man's mask

Why do I need to understand you?

• Super Moderator

Why do I need to understand you?

Why should I answer vagaries?  

35 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Apart from the semantics here this is Bullshit. If God could speak for himself he wouldn't need people like you.

He has spoken. And He even had it written down for you. Christianity 101. You even botch that.

5 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

He has spoken. And He even had it written down for you. Christianity 101. You even botch that.

Uh huh. Written down... with stories like 6 day creation and Noah's flood which is emphatically not true. Apparently we are supposed to believe it just cause the bible says so. God's been silent for 2000 years. Before that he was very 'vocal. What happened?

10 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

More confusion.

16 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Uh huh. Written down... with stories like 6 day creation and Noah's flood which is emphatically not true. Apparently we are supposed to believe it just cause the bible says so. God's been silent for 2000 years. Before that he was very 'vocal. What happened?

Heb 1:1

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

• Super Moderator

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

You obviously do not understand the proper meaning of this verse.  It's a little thing called exegesis.  It's no wonder you're not a real christian.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

I have encountered several Christians here and elsewhere who are thoughtful, responsive and even learned. They will ask pertinent questions and answer questions with a coherent thought process. I can respectfully disagree with their conclusions, but at least there is a dialog and I can come to understand where they're coming from and why.

You have had endless opportunity to make your case, answer a question, put forth a cogent argument. You, sir, are not worth engaging.

19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You obviously do not understand the proper meaning of this verse.  It's a little thing called exegesis.  It's no wonder you're not a real christian.

What a stupid game youre playing. 

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

What a stupid game youre playing. 

You should go to sleep.  You live a happier life in your dreams, anyway; I'm sure of it.

30 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Yes, that was written some 2000 years ago. Unless you are calling those last days, "these last days".

Paul also said there would be some who would not see death but would be changed... well they changed alright - they died and rotted.

My point stands.