Jump to content
Guest freedwoman

Women Are Inferior To Men?

Recommended Posts

Guest freedwoman

How many of my dear sisters developed strong feelings of inferiority under men after reading the Bible? Scripture such as Numbers 31. God cares more about what a man says over a woman's vow to him. But men must keep their vows even if it means sacraficing their own daughters to God. Judges 11. Numbers 5. But women couldn't test their husbands for adultery. We are to be silent and submissive. 1 Corinthians 14:34-36.  Man is our head. We were made for him. We express his glory. 1 Corinthians 11. We must submit to our husbands in EVERYTHING. Even non Christian husbands. We have no say so, we can't run our own lives or make desicions. Ephesians 5. Genesis 3 Our husband's will RULE OVER US.   I can go on and on and on. But I'll stop here. It is a horrible feeling to feel this way. But I still do even though I'm not a Christian anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest freedwoman

What's worse. If a woman kept her vow to god after her father or husband nullified it and made it void she was suppose to suffer 40 lashes with a whip!!! But if she is widowed or divorced then her vows stand! Because she had no man to tell her no!!!

😠😠😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women aren’t inferior, just different.  🙂

I was raised to believe that all this was the absolute will of god.

 

There’s an organization dedicated to preserving it:  the council on biblical manhood and womanhood.
https://cbmw.org/about/mission-vision/
Note the part about “humble, sacrificial leadership of the husband and the joyful, intelligent submission to that leadership by the wife.”  Come on, be joyful about it!  😆

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Religion is about control through fear. Priests figured that out a very long time ago. Strange how few believers ever see through it.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up witnessing so much domestic violence done under the guise of "wives submit to your husbands" that I knew it was all bullshit.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
On 2/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, mona said:

I grew up witnessing so much domestic violence done under the guise of "wives submit to your husbands" that I knew it was all bullshit.

I'm sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
On 2/23/2020 at 12:55 PM, TEG said:

Women aren’t inferior, just different.  🙂

I was raised to believe that all this was the absolute will of god.

 

There’s an organization dedicated to preserving it:  the council on biblical manhood and womanhood.
https://cbmw.org/about/mission-vision/
Note the part about “humble, sacrificial leadership of the husband and the joyful, intelligent submission to that leadership by the wife.”  Come on, be joyful about it!  😆

They can kiss my @$$. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
On 2/23/2020 at 2:14 PM, Fuego said:

Religion is about control through fear. 

Amen! 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why religions consider women as inferior to men (at least in the Abrahamic ones) condemning them to the background of their society.  You would think that having that having the other 50% of the population engaged in spreading the god virus would be to the religion's benefit.  The god virus does however mutate and allows for the inclusion of women in leadership positions in the modern world despite scripture.  Unfortunately, that's no comfort to many of you ladies who've had your self esteem torn down over the years.  The good news is, I've had many female friends here who've escaped that chain of self limitation imposed by their church and forged their own path.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, RealityCheck said:

I don't understand why religions consider women as inferior to men (at least in the Abrahamic ones) condemning them to the background of their society.  You would think that having that having the other 50% of the population engaged in spreading the god virus would be to the religion's benefit.  The god virus does however mutate and allows for the inclusion of women in leadership positions in the modern world despite scripture.  Unfortunately, that's no comfort to many of you ladies who've had your self esteem torn down over the years.  The good news is, I've had many female friends here who've escaped that chain of self limitation imposed by their church and forged their own path.

Thanks for sharing. And I agree 100% with you there. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<sarc> Yes, @freedwoman. Women are inferior to men. </sarc>

 

Now, were is my animated bare-ass emoticon when I so desperately NEED IT!?  

Oh! Here it is...:moon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, MOHO said:

<sarc> Yes, @freedwoman. Women are inferior to men. </sarc>

 

Now, were is my animated bare-ass emoticon when I so desperately NEED IT!?  

Oh! Here it is...:moon:

Huh???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman

Just to clarify. I do NOT think women are inferior to men. I only put that because the Bible says it. Not me. Women are equal and even better than men at some things. Some women are breaking world records set by men. Men are better than women at things too. We equal each other out. No superior or inferior biological sex. 

 

✌️🤝🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always found it appalling that anyone could think women were inferior to men, And is yet another reason to despise the atrocious Abrahamic religions.

 

Atleast most of the old pagan religions regarded women as being equal to men.

 

And just look at Nature, In so many animal species it's the female who does the most work and carries the greatest responsibilties.

 

I think women proved themselves once and for all as being equal to men during WW2, When they were employed in factories for the war effort.

Especially at the Ford plant in Willow Run MI which produced the B-24 bomber, The all female work force there were turning out B-24s at the rate of one every hour, Now THAT is truly impressive considering the size of a B-24.

 

I've also heard that the Russians believed women to have better qualities than men in some areas such as having better night vision,

And they had many women snipers and pilots, Even an entire female squadron know as The Night Witches, Who became legendary for their sucess and heroics.

 

Here's a lovely quote I found.

 

The Idea that women are inferior to men is absurd. If a man is born of a women how can she be inferior to him? (Sahdguru)

 

So I would say that if any man ever makes you feel inferior, Remind him of Rosy the Riveter.

 

 

 

 

 

07a8e26b8c9b60d7e55c887b6236dfc7.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronze age writings, describe bronze age mentality in the near east. None of this should be taken seriously. Just let go and moved on from.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Bronze age writings, describe bronze age mentality in the near east.

  

Great thought. I'm saving that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up in a church where women were supposed to be in subjection to men, but I saw throught that fallacy early on.  My dad was an elder, but only had 8th grade education.  Mom had a college degree.  And there were other couples with similar situations.  The women were good Christian women and went along with the facade, and kept quiet.  I noticed a couple of times that dad had consulted with mom when he needed to make a decision about church affairs.  Talking with my mom once when I was a teenager I commented about dad consulting with her on decisions.  She winked at me, smiled, and said,  "men are the heads of the family, and church, but sometimes the women are the necks that turn their heads".   There were several women in our church (and family) who did that-----Thank goodness!!  I am so glad we had some strong, more rational thinking females who didn't bow down to the men. 

 

Once my dad and mom were arguing and dad got really mad.  I thought he was going to hit her.  She got right up in his face and told him she would immediately call the police if he hit her.  He backed off.

 

 I had not thought about this in years, and as I tell this story I got tears in my eyes.  I am so glad that  I had more than one example of family members standing up to irrational authority figures, especially a couple of religious ones.

Edit 

More and more I realize how I, in a sense, got permission early on to question authority.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

 

07a8e26b8c9b60d7e55c887b6236dfc7.jpg

 

I am happy to say I had the privilege of meeting the real Rosie a few years ago.  She was in her 90s, but still an energetic, feisty little woman.  She was at the open house of the restoration of "DOC", a B29 bomber used in WWII.   She had done some of the riviting on the bomber during construction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you are in the San Francisco bay area, check out the Rosie The Riveter National Historical Park in Richmond. It's well worth a visit.

 

 https://www.nps.gov/rori/index.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends where you quote scripture.  

      And it depends on what inferior means. Lower in some hierarchy? We are all inferior to someone . Even men to plants and animals.

        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to pee standing up has its perks, though. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believers don’t read the Bible in the context and culture that it was written in. The Bible was written in the contextual norms of the cultures that produced those writings. Those were patriarchal cultures that viewed women as property to be bought, sold, and used to pleasure men. Their primary purpose was to procreate. Even then boys were desired more than girls.

 

Read in the context of the culture that produced those writings and stories they make sense, but believers don’t do that. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Being able to pee standing up has its perks, though. 


But girls can squat and pee. Guys can too but it’s more difficult to aim. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest freedwoman
14 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

I always found it appalling that anyone could think women were inferior to men, And is yet another reason to despise the atrocious Abrahamic religions.

 

Atleast most of the old pagan religions regarded women as being equal to men.

 

And just look at Nature, In so many animal species it's the female who does the most work and carries the greatest responsibilties.

 

I think women proved themselves once and for all as being equal to men during WW2, When they were employed in factories for the war effort.

Especially at the Ford plant in Willow Run MI which produced the B-24 bomber, The all female work force there were turning out B-24s at the rate of one every hour, Now THAT is truly impressive considering the size of a B-24.

 

I've also heard that the Russians believed women to have better qualities than men in some areas such as having better night vision,

And they had many women snipers and pilots, Even an entire female squadron know as The Night Witches, Who became legendary for their sucess and heroics.

 

Here's a lovely quote I found.

 

The Idea that women are inferior to men is absurd. If a man is born of a women how can she be inferior to him? (Sahdguru)

 

So I would say that if any man ever makes you feel inferior, Remind him of Rosy the Riveter.

 

 

 

 

 

07a8e26b8c9b60d7e55c887b6236dfc7.jpg

I love men like you. Platonic of course! 😍🤝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.