Goodbye Jesus

"spirits"... human, the Holy Spirit, ghosts and demons: is there such thing as a spirit?

alreadyGone

Again, you can only talk about me.

I've admitted to opening this discussion with limited expectation of finding greater enlightenment in the nature and reality of "spiritual beings". 

It may be I should learn to be more circumspect.

I've lived an adult lifetime. And we've had the internet now for more than 20 years. Through all of that I've learned more about human beings than I ever wanted to know.

Please answer the question Brothermario.

3 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

You have not made this clear.

Are you speaking of me, or someone else here?

• Super Moderator
23 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

You do that a fair amount, yourself.

• Haha 2

I'll return in a while to see if Brothermario has answered my question.

Bye!

No more questions.

Try to ponder what I already wrote.

Taba, I know you heard the words “Seek and you will find.”

Yet, it seems, you choose to listen to some other words in your head: “I sought, but was born not able to find”.

There’s your self-fulfilling prophecy.

The God I met was first and foremost a personality most interested in my personality.

You bet we’re all unique.

But we’re also in possession of the same spirit of God.

There is another spirit, too, we all share.

And it’s lying to you about you being an atheist because you were born that way.

It always lies because it wants you to want it and not God who punished it.

10 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

With respect, you can’t know what I heard, any more than I can know what you heard.  I read many things in the Bible and many of them turned out to be incorrect.  

10 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Yet, it seems, you choose to listen to some other words in your head: “I sought, but was born not able to find”.

I never heard those words.  In any case, like many of us here, I sought knowledge, not from words in my head, but from many sources.   The view of the world that I have arrived at makes more sense than any theistic one.  I could be wrong.  So could you, despite your apparent certainty.  

11 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

And it’s lying to you about you being an atheist because you were born that way.

Again, I am not a Calvinist.  I don’t believe that crap.  I am an agnostic atheist because I came to that conclusion myself.  I own it.  

33 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

There’s your self-fulfilling prophecy.

The God I met was first and foremost a personality most interested in my personality.

You bet we’re all unique.

But we’re also in possession of the same spirit of God.

There is another spirit, too, we all share.

It always lies because it wants you to want it and not God who punished it.

Well the spirit of God can go ahead and kick the evil spirit's ass. 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Well the spirit of God can go ahead and kick the evil spirit's ass. 

According to Brothermario, he is not willing to.

Because it’s also our time to act.

I guess your mommies did everything for you.

Taba, lying to someone is the epitome of disrespect. You did hear those words.

And you puffing up your chest because you intellectually did something to confuse yourself is just silly.

You’re getting what your lazy ideas deserve.

Leaving behind family, friends, career, pleasure, etc. to discover the TRUTH is a different reality.

You need to be talking to everyone else here. I don’t talk to liars.

Brothermario, I suspect your behavior here is only bringing theism into disrepute.  Good. That’s one reason we allow it to the extent that we do.  

It's fascinating the whole culture invented by believers to explain their imaginary friend's lack of action, or more precisely lack of existence. 

2 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

When you are born into this world, you (hopefully) have adult humans present in your life to provide that which is needed for your survival and wellbeing. 

Was your genesis in this life any different?

2 hours ago, Brothermario said:

Yes

BINGO!  This is my honest opinion and advise.  Your God and your delusion of superiority, in your mind, was developed to give you the perception of a firm foundation to stand on, that you didn't get as a child.  Your denial of reality is extremely strong, and may go to the grave with you, if you don't accept the fact that you are beneath it all, a scared little boy.  GET PROFESSIONAL HELP NOW!  But something tells me you will just dig deeper into your denial, and eventually crash.

Long ago god declared how to know who has been spiritually illuminated and enriched by him.

Matthew 7 : 16

'You will know them by their fruits."

🍇

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Y'all still having fun with this little imp, or are you ready for me to shut this shit show down?

I’m OK either way. He’s serving a certain purpose, and not landing the blows he may think he is.  

• Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all still having fun with this little imp, or are you ready for me to shut this shit show down?

If you don't want the sacred blood on your hands, I'm certainly ready to end 2020 on a happy note. 😝

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, florduh said:

If you don't want the sacred blood on your hands, I'm certainly ready to end 2020 on a happy note. 😝

Certain hindu rituals involve covering oneself with cow dung.  Other than that, though, I'm not aware of anyone who considers bullshit to be sacred.

• Haha 1

I vote for giving him a few more hours to respond.  His "condition" is pretty rare, and I am selfishly very curious.  Also concerned, but the condition is next to impossible to change.

alreadyGone, aren’t you going to tell Weezer that you only wrote to me one sentence that I responded “Yes” to, and then you edited in a couple of paragraphs afterwards?

Are all you guys liars and sissies?

And I haven’t been responding because I worked in a factory, shutdown for the holidays, painting epoxy on a large section of floor. I did it myself to give my workers the day of. I probably netted about $1,100.00 in four hours.

After I pick up my dog from school I’ll respond more, unless you’ve gotten together to convince yourselves that I should go for my sake.

You are a comical bunch of sissies.