Goodbye Jesus

"spirits"... human, the Holy Spirit, ghosts and demons: is there such thing as a spirit?

alreadyGone

And he is not lying.  He actually believes what he is saying, even if it contradicts what he said a few hours ago.  That is mental illness. 

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Except for possibly making points for lurkers, we will get absolutely nowhere with Mario.  You cannot reason with a mentally unstable person.  And it is sad, because he likely is a pretty bright person in some ways.

Agreed - Mario is broken in a way that we can't fix.  The kindest thing we could do for him is cut him loose.

• Thanks 1

And there it is. You gathered together to support each other and completely ignored your constant ad hominem attacks.

And, Redneck, I first misspelled the pluralization of "she" with "she's" to see if you would pounce on it and I could then show to you how you were looking for the least thing wrong in my writing to make yourself feel better about being intellectually pummeled. But you missed that one because it was too difficult. So then I misspelled "your" with "you're" to make it easier for you. And, of course, you not only pounced on it but did exactly what I'm telling you YOU'RE trying to do, and used a simple misspelling to turn my intellect into a faulty one.

You're too easy.

Anyway ... I am enjoying the squirming and the skeptic personalities revealing themselves in all their dullness.

Weezer needs a badge for acting sincere and asking me a question about why God chose me, and then ignoring my very good answer, which would have interested any good person, and instead said goodnight to his "friends" and implied that I was mentally ill, which he now continues to do today.

Pummel ... you need more pummel.

As usual another Christian comes here to tell us about Jesus because all powerful Jesus is apparently unable to speak to us himself. 

And like some of the other Christians that visit here, Mario loves Jesus but isnt a Christian, though that is the precise definition of what a Christian is. 

Like other Christians that visit here, he'll say he's NOT religious or will distance himself from the word 'religion' , yet the definition of religion means to venerate God. 

And then there's Mario's 'special revelation'. He's been chosen....like a half dozen of our other visitors in the past. God visited him and gave him a special message to pass to us ..... it's strange that the bible's Great Commission says to do just that: spread the gospel. 

Like some other Christians who have visited here, Mario starts out cryptically about his belief system, but once the cat is out of the bag he still denies being a Christian. 

• Super Moderator
9 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

to make yourself feel better about being intellectually pummeled

I hadn't noticed any pummeling, possibly because you can't seem to tell the difference between a position which is intellectually and logically sound and a mere assertion which is... merely asserted. 

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I hadn't noticed any pummeling, possibly because you can't seem to tell the difference between a position which is intellectually and logically sound and a mere assertion which is... merely asserted. 

That is mental illness.

I don't presume to judge Brothermario's veracity when he relates the experiences he cites as the basis for his belief and faith.

I was not there.

I don't believe that it was as he says it was, that it meant and proved what he claims.

But I could be wrong. And we all know that being wrong can often cost, and sometimes dearly.

One of the few things I can say I've learned with complete certainty in my time on earth..

Human beings see what they believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That Gnostic-ish attitude though, to me seems precisely the same thing as the attitude I've heard asserted by more than a few Christian believers and nearly all ministers I've known:

"see... that's where everyone else has it wrong.. Me, I've studied the Bible, I've read it through, twice. And I can tell you that what it means is...."

It's precisely what Brothermario expressed early in this discussion:

You are lazy and do not deserve God's approval or blessing, because you didn't do the work I did to understand the nature of the God-man relationship and the personage of God as a Supreme Being.

Does God then expect all of mankind to ignore their temporal/material life to find time, focus, and energy for study, praying, sacrificing, 'enough'?

Perhaps some self-flagelation rituals for 30 minutes each day on a yoga-mat?

Has that God been inside a grocery store recently?

Or at least looked at price movements for food at the retail level online?

If we lived in a garden paradise with no concerns for our temporal corpus or mental health, then perhaps that made some sense..

Did we in fact live in such place originally and then get evicted by God?

New reality, new rules.

I can tell you that while the sparrow and lily in the field have no concerns for their well-being, both exist in the state of nature which aligns with their needs and capabilities. Not so for man.

Astreja, to say that a person used a Google Machine when they didn't would only be a lie if I saw you not use one and then say that you did.

Try to become a bit more sophisticated in your thinking.

Such as, everything you claim to be true about the Buddha may be simply a tall tale.

I didn't use a Google Machine either, but heard a long time ago that the Buddha did gaze at his wife and child through a doorway and then shut the door and leave the palace and his family. But I told the story here not to claim that it was completely true, but to set up how Jesus mentioned the great spiritual persons before him and said he would have been the person they would have sat and listened to, and not the other way around.

I know another woman atheist-something-or-other from Canada named LadyJane. Go to Sam Harris' forum and meet her. She's exactly like you, even crying for me to leave the forum like you.

Sometimes the best response, is no response.  I think it has reached that point.

You already stopped responding to me yesterday, Weezer.

You're not in Kansas anymore. And you sure ain't someone looking for "Truth".

4 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

You already stopped responding to me yesterday, Weezer.

And you declared yourself finni more than 24 hours ago also.

It's an internet discussion forum... a relatively new form of social communication in which people sometimes re-engage even after feeling that they've reached the end of their desire to participate on a previous occasion.

I came here expecting nothing other than that...

you?

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Does God then expect all of mankind to ignore their temporal/material life to find time, focus, and energy for study, praying, sacrificing, 'enough'?

Perhaps some self-flagelation rituals for 30 minutes each day on a yoga-mat?

Good lord, where will our 10-year-old sex slave find the time between the daily rapings?

I never said I was leaving but that our time is drawing to a close and you all would leave me.

And that is exactly what is going to happen. It always happens.

All a gaggle of skeptics has is each other.

You don't have the scientific method, or logic, or anything else that takes education to use well.

You have circular reasoning and bigotry and personality issues.

And all your posts PROVE it.

And where the fuck is MY badge?

• Super Moderator
36 minutes ago, Weezer said:

That is mental illness.

I don't know about all that.  He's narcissistic, sure; and has delusions of grandeur.   And also abandonment issues.  But I don't think he's any more or less mentally ill than anybody else.  He's just on the weird end of normal. 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

And where the fuck is MY badge?

We're all so proud of you!

b261n00072_512x342.jpeg

I'll take it!

I just took a brief trip to the Sam Harris forum and looked at Mario's work there.  I believe we would be doing our forum a favor by completely ignoring him.  His posts here are not just a recent manic flare up.  He is an old pro at what he does.

Wait ... I like this one, Redneck:

God's warrior.jpg

5 hours ago, florduh said:

This has to be the most pompous narcissist these forums have ever seen, and that's saying something.

Enjoy while you can.

Decades of paint fumes can cause brain damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

edited:

Well bless your heart Brothermario!

I hope the coming new year may be your best ever.

Weezer,

If you can't see how you being a phony with me when I was being completely sincere with you was, well ... in the immortal words of my teenage grandson, "You suck".

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

I never said I was leaving but that our time is drawing to a close and you all would leave me.

You know, if you're worried about us leaving you, have you ever considered, maybe, not being a dick?  We actually welcome christians into these forums and there have been a few, over the years, that I have considered to be good friends.  Sure, they shared their "message" and sometimes got annoying; but they also did their best to fit in and be a part of our community.  They brought something other than this "I know everything because I have god and college degrees" attitude.  You could try something like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brothermario said:

Astreja, to say that a person used a Google Machine when they didn't would only be a lie if I saw you not use one and then say that you did.

Oh, do go fuck yourself with a large, pointy farm implement.  Your denial is unconditionally rejected.

I'm done with you, you sick lout.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Brothermario said:

Does the fact that it "always happens" perhaps have something to do with you being an obnoxious, insufferable narcissist? 

Methinks yes.