Goodbye Jesus

"spirits"... human, the Holy Spirit, ghosts and demons: is there such thing as a spirit?

alreadyGone

12 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Now ... there are only two choices you have, because none of you has the type of “proof” you demand from me for what I’m telling you, for the accusations against me that you are making. So, you either “believe” that I am simply lying to you about spending seven years in sacrifice receiving direct revelations from God, or you “believe” that I am not lying to you and God is a living God that you yourself can give everything to and receive everything back from.

I love me some false dichotomy.  I vote Choice 3 - you are likely in good company being misguided and mistaking a personal revelation as universal:

1. Catholicism
  2. Protestantism
  3. Hinduism
  4. Buddhism (of the non-zen variety)
  5. Islam
  6. Sikhism
  7. Judaism
  8. Shamans
  9. folk religions
  10. Voodoo
  11. Norse religions
  12. Celtic religions
  13. Greek religions
  14. Roman religions
  15. Egyptian religions
  16. Babylonian religions
  17. Mayan Religions
  18. Chinese Religions
  19. Scientology
  20. Mormonism
  21. etc . . .

If there is a specific path to know this god of which you speak and it requires a type of rigorous exercise or study, please provide the template so that all may be able follow it should they be so inclined.  Since many of the religions I randomly included above had their own paths to god - the vast majority of which have petered out of existence. 

As they say:  "the proof is in the pudding"

I’m more confronting you than discussing with you.

And you may want to send that mental health professional Myrkhoos’ way. He’s really struggling with my presence here, actually begging me to leave or you to talk to him some place else.

It’s a thread about “spirit” and he wants it to stay away from “God”.

I think his Bible got shoved really high up.

5 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

I’m more confronting you than discussing with you.

And you may want to send that mental health professional Myrkhoos’ way. He’s really struggling with my presence here, actually begging me to leave or you to talk to him some place else.

It’s a thread about “spirit” and he wants it to stay away from “God”.

I think his Bible got shoved really high up.

Your confrontation is not achieving any meaningful goal here, other than making you and your beliefs look very, very silly.  Whatever it was that you hoped to accomplish here, it's not working out very well.

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Your ignorance of God is from your disrespect and disobedience towards God.

Here again, if you were to spend a little time perusing our testimonials you would realize just how wrong you are.  Your pride and your fear will keep you from doing so; but that's none of my business. 

• Thanks 1

Discovering herein that I am demon-infested (else myself a demon?), I'm at a loss to understand why then I would open a thread questioning the existence of any spirit or spiritually-constituted being.

Must be to mislead everyone else into perdition... that's the only explanation I can see. Thing is, as I understand perdition, it would bring me no pleasure to see anyone enroute to hell and eternal punishment.

To me that seems a bit like football... just cannot see the entertainment value in that.

To my thinking, all of us converging on some disadvantaged neighborhood and building a home for someone who lacks one seems a much better, far more desirable outcome than leading the various folks here to never-ending torture.

A devil or demon, even though a spiritual being, would have to be of necessity a thug, a bully. I hate thugs and bullies.

I'm confused all over again.

Krow, you can’t read, or just couldn’t wait to write a list and show me your brilliant deduction.

I specifically wrote that God himself revealed to me who he was, and my two college degrees, etc. didn’t.

Are you now telling me that you have rigorously explored the existence of God by a “path”, and God wasn’t at the end of it?

If you did this, well ... no shit.

God isn’t found studying, but living.

He’s a living God.

Go tell someone else about a dead God.

You just lost, by the way.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

I've seen Myrkhoos go toe-to-toe with plenty of christians who were much more intelligent and articulate than you.  He's not struggling with your presence here; he's just tired of it.

• Like 1

So once again, here's Miumiu:

Now you’re blaming me for not accomplishing anything here.

The way you guys philosophically handled the metaphysical principle I gave to you was impressive.

Oh, wait ... not one of you even mentioned it. I guess you’re all just beyond Aristotle’s thinking. My bad.

And the way you were so inquisitive about a monastic experience, this being a thread on spirit and all, was so academically inspiring.

Oh, wait ... not one of you even mentioned it. I guess you’re all just beyond a mystic’s contemplation and sacrifice. My bad.

I guess you’re right.

I’ve failed. My bad.

Oh, Redneck, you wonderful friend you.

But I haven’t seen his toes yet, just his sad eyes.

And I’m not a Christian.

@Brothermario

If I understand you correctly (starting from your initial position), you acknowledge you have received a personal revelation from god.  This revelation came about from years (5 or 7, you seem a bit unclear on this point) spent in a monastic or sacrifice culture.  This revelation of god we cannot receive by monastic living as you did, but only by "living" (again, this strikes me as a bit vague).    So a monastic path was sufficient for you to receive revelation, but would not be for us?

23 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

Are you now telling me that you have rigorously explored the existence of God by a “path”, and God wasn’t at the end of it?

If you did this, well ... no shit.

God isn’t found studying, but living.

Thus we should trust your assertions about god because this god personally revealed himself to you?  There is no path by which this god may reveal himself to us except by "living".  Will you expound on what you mean by living. And why your living prior to your 5 or 7 years of sacrifice was not "living".  Your revelation appears to hinge on your definition of living.

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

He's not struggling with your presence here; he's just tired of it.

As am I.

24 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

He’s a living God.

Then  it can fucking well speak for itself.  Stop pretending to speak on its behalf.

Krow, you came to the party on page 6. If you’re really interested in my positions (but we know it’s your thinking that only matters, don’t we), all you have to do is read them and your confusion will dispel.

But here’s a thing. If you do have such a brilliant analytical mind that you have figured out a human history of witnesses to God’s existence, some of which that have changed this history (see the calendar), are all psychological delusions, then why did you not simply deduct that you are confused about my positions because you simply didn’t make the effort to find out what they were?

Wait ... is your atheism and religious bigotry also because you just lazily glanced at God and religion?

Golly gee, I hope not, buddy.

Oh, oh, it looks like sunray just discovered a whole lot more of me.

Some of you guys are fucked now.

@Brothermario

I asked for clarification and instead was met with condescension.

My confusion remains, so please explain it to me as you would to a 5 year old.

3 minutes ago, Brothermario said:

...Some of you guys are fucked now.

Which?

Mods, can you change BM's avatar to that special one that you use for particularly odious godbotherers?  :wicked:

3 hours ago, Brothermario said:

Because Xenu was not given to humanity at the Fullness of Time, Jesus was.

And the Revelation of God revealed in the New Testament is unsurpassed, by a long shot.

God is everything we could ever hope or need him to be.

708822.jpg

I mean to tell you that he gave meaning to suffering and conquered death. Now post a picture of a young child sitting on a bed at St. Jude Hospital. When I was a Franciscan, I volunteered at the Children’s Hospital in D.C. The work I did there for the children and parents was immeasurable.

Krow, no.

Not many people are as unworthy of a response than you are. And you just showed up.

Lazy pissant mf.

Wow . . . unworthy of the knowledge of God.  Whelp, looks like I'm doomed guys 🙃

Best of luck to the rest of you to be worthy of experiencing the gnostic, monastic non-Christian yet Biblical Catholic adjacent god assuming you can get an answer of out of him instead of vitriol.

I bid adieu.

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, Astreja said:

Mods, can you change BM's avatar to that special one that you use for particularly odious godbotherers?  :wicked:

That would only serve to stroke his ego and martyr complex.  He's not special enough for that kind of attention. 

• Haha 1

I fixed my avatar for you with a picture of me the year I quit the football team and worked full time on the back of a garbage truck.