Goodbye Jesus

Austin Austin and Evolution

DarkBishop

@AustinAustin

Inyour God is real thread you said: 

My question is. Do you believe in evolution? That they evolved away from our primate ancestor to insure the future of the species? 

@AustinAustin

Looks like your gonna have to answer my question now. Don't try to continue your logic bullshit. This is a different subject. 

In your own words.

What is your take on evolution? 

This is just question and answer session right now. I'm curious. I want to see if it mirrors how I once believed? 

• Like 1

I view evolution as something that doesn't matter. I do believe in GOd, and so evolution is real or it isn't -designed by God or it doesn't exist.

Jesus said to him, [a]I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

16 “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] [a]only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge and condemn the world [that is, to initiate the final judgment of the world], but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him [as personal Savior and Lord] is not judged [for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation]; but the one who does not believe [and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord] is judged already [that one has been convicted and sentenced], because [b]he has not believed and trusted in the name of the [One and] only begotten Son of God [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him].

15 And if [e]anyone’s name was not found [f]written in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

Thank you for answering the question.

But please refrain from posting the Bible verses. I've read all the verses you've posted thus far many times in my former Christian walk. I taught from it, witnessed from it, studied it. Been there done that. 

Now back to subject. Ok. You just don't care. It could be real or not, but either way, God did it right??

I actually thought after a lot of your replies in your other thread that you would have been a solid creationist, like I once was. 

So your belief does not mirror my own former beliefs. 

I once preached on a small time AM radio on weekend for about a year. Got the time slot at a good deal. My uncle by marriage owned the station. 

I touched on evolution there and in churches at times. I was ignorant. I've said in the past. "We didn't come from monkeys!! I don't see no missing link!!!." Or "they haven't found the missing link yet. Where's bigfoot?"

I was hard-core at first. Being taught in my zeal for the Lord at an old time missionary Baptist church. Good times. Thought I was really doing what the Lord wanted me to do. 

I look back on that now and think. Damn I was stupid. Once I opened up my mind that archeology and other sciences had something to tell me. A quick search of the human fossil record on Google led me to pictures at the Smithsonian web site. 

They have actually found lots of the fossils our the primate ancestors theft behind. So yes, they have found the missing link, and bigfoot died with the rest of the Neanderthals. 

So it's good that your atleast open to the idea of a God Generated Evolution. 

But if your open to a God Generated Evolution. It couldn't have happened at the hand of the biblical God. Because that is not what the creation of the Bible portrays. God created Adam from the ground, and Eve from his bone. It is claimed that all human life came from these two people. Agreed?

Seriously this is my next question, do you agree, that in the biblical narrative of creation? That all human beings decend from Adam and Eve?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, AustinAustin said:

I view evolution as something that doesn't matter. I do believe in GOd, and so evolution is real or it isn't -designed by God or it doesn't exist.

The existence of the god of Christians and Jews relies on the Bible to be true. The Bible relies on the creation story and fall from grace to be true. Evolution matters to those who would have an honest, defensible belief. Of course other gods aren't so totally dependent on evolution not being true.

12 minutes ago, florduh said:

The existence of the god of Christians and Jews relies on the Bible to be true. The Bible relies on the creation story and fall from grace to be true. Evolution matters to those who would have an honest, defensible belief. Of course other gods aren't so totally dependent on evolution not being true.

Such things are secondary if God is real, that is where we must focus:

Why should there be an absolute standard of reasoning if everything is simply “molecules in motion”? Most atheists have a materialistic outlook—meaning they believe that everything that exists is material, or explained by material processes. But laws of logic are not material! If atheistic materialism is true, then there could be no laws of logic, since they are immaterial. Thus, logical reasoning would be impossible! if atheism were true, the atheist would not be able to reason or use laws of logic because such things would not be meaningful. How could there be laws at all without a lawgiver? Laws of logic owe their existence to the biblical God. Yet they are required to reason rationally, to prove things. So the biblical God must exist in order for reasoning to be possible. Therefore, the best proof of God’s existence is that without Him we couldn’t prove anything at all! The existence of the biblical God is the prerequisite for knowledge and rationality. 

18 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Thank you for answering the question.

But please refrain from posting the Bible verses. I've read all the verses you've posted thus far many times in my former Christian walk. I taught from it, witnessed from it, studied it. Been there done that. 

Now back to subject. Ok. You just don't care. It could be real or not, but either way, God did it right??

I actually thought after a lot of your replies in your other thread that you would have been a solid creationist, like I once was. 

So your belief does not mirror my own former beliefs. 

I once preached on a small time AM radio on weekend for about a year. Got the time slot at a good deal. My uncle by marriage owned the station. 

I touched on evolution there and in churches at times. I was ignorant. I've said in the past. "We didn't come from monkeys!! I don't see no missing link!!!." Or "they haven't found the missing link yet. Where's bigfoot?"

I was hard-core at first. Being taught in my zeal for the Lord at an old time missionary Baptist church. Good times. Thought I was really doing what the Lord wanted me to do. 

I look back on that now and think. Damn I was stupid. Once I opened up my mind that archeology and other sciences had something to tell me. A quick search of the human fossil record on Google led me to pictures at the Smithsonian web site. 

They have actually found lots of the fossils our the primate ancestors theft behind. So yes, they have found the missing link, and bigfoot died with the rest of the Neanderthals. 

So it's good that your atleast open to the idea of a God Generated Evolution. 

But if your open to a God Generated Evolution. It couldn't have happened at the hand of the biblical God. Because that is not what the creation of the Bible portrays. God created Adam from the ground, and Eve from his bone. It is claimed that all human life came from these two people. Agreed?

Seriously this is my next question, do you agree, that in the biblical narrative of creation? That all human beings decend from Adam and Eve?

God is real, His Word is inerrant, and science, while incredible, is often wrong.

It's fascinating the way that athesits here fear freespeech, closing down topics so quickly... God is real, the penalty for sin is death, and you will all go to Hell without Jesus Christ as God and Savior.

48 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

It's fascinating the way that athesits here fear freespeech, closing down topics so quickly...

I wager we allow far more Christian participation than we would be permitted in a Christian community.  Your original “most atheists” post is still there and we have allowed you to repeat yourself extensively.  We will not allow the same passage to be posted repeatedly, especially in multiple threads.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AustinAustin said:

God is real, His Word is inerrant, and science, while incredible, is often wrong.

Why does God need you to talk for him? Why do you believe the bible is true?

1 hour ago, AustinAustin said:

It's fascinating the way that athesits here fear freespeech, closing down topics so quickly... God is real, the penalty for sin is death, and you will all go to Hell without Jesus Christ as God and Savior.

Waaaa. Ten pages of you asserting the same stuff over and over again without a plausible explanation. I wouldnt say it was shut down quickly. I'd say you ran out of original material. You use the word logic a lot, but your arguments are just assertions. You dont actually consider logically what you are talking about. You use your emotional belief in God while claiming you are using logic. You arent.  

I can say "The sky is orange and green polkadots" over and over ... but people can walk out their front door and see for themselves that assertion is BS. You can't just tell us your nonsense over and over and expect us to believe it. That what Christians do. That's why they go to church every week. To get another helping of bible brainwashing.

You have to show us why you are indeed correct otherwise we wont believe you. You havent done that.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AustinAustin said:

Ah hah! Now your backing up and punting. Your right the Bible doesn't leave any room for Evolution like science has discovered. 

We can literally see a history written in the earth's very soil. It's a record not written by the hand of man but by the deaths of creatures that have walked this earth that the Bible says nothing of. 

Why Austin?

Because the people that wrote the myth had absolutely NO idea how life on earth came to be. They wanted to know. But they could only guess using their limited understanding. 

What had they been able to observe? 

Well they had been able to see people born, live, and die. They saw at death the body rots away. Turns to dust. 

Well the God/God's must have made man from the earth. 

It's really simple and logical when you put all the cards on the table and start comparing. 

See how you so quickly reverted back to the Bible. You got a little scared. And your right too because you still believe there is a hell.

BTW the ancient isrealites did not believe in a "Hell" as Christians know it today. Everything about Hell or Sheol is worded differently in the old testament versus the new. Why do you think that is? Our Hell was heavily influenced by ancient t Greek tradition as the isrealites were under their rule for a long time. Hades made its way into the minds of the isrealite people. They eventually invented their own version of it. Especially as the two religions combined. 

Yes you heard that right. They combined. As more Roman pagans converted to Christianity the myth of hell developed and changed. 

If there was one book I could ask you to read it would be.

Bart Ehrman's "Heaven and Hell a history of the afterlife "

It is a very interesting read and gives a more accurate explanation of how Hell and Heaven came to be the Hell and Heaven you understand today. It's amazing what you'll discover if you listen to the very people that are able to read the oldest surviving fragments of the books that make up your 1611 version of the Bible. 

Anyway. I dont believe in hell anymore. It's an absurd notion. So back to the point. 

When all the cards are on the table a different story starts to speak. One that has evidence. Your 38. Well I'm 41. Not to far ahead of ya. We have both probably seen and been taught a lot of the same things through school. We know that the world is not flat. Correct? Well the Bible like all other faiths at the time depicts a flat earth creation. They had no idea the earth was a ball. These beliefs were 9000 years before the western world was discovered and they eventually sailed around the world and proved true what astronomers already speculated.

Ok so the answer to my first question is now changed. It's safe to say you do believe in creation as depicted in the bible. And you do believe all humans came from Adam and Eve. But to do that, you have to completely ignore what science has actually found. Fossils of our own evolution, fossils of a whole world without humans, multiple worlds over time really. Life never mentioned in biblical creation. Fossils that tell a completely different history. Written in the ground. I can't do that.

Next question @AustinAustin

Do you believe our solar system has 9 planets? 1 being relabeled a dwarf planet. Pluto. When I was in school it was just a planet. 

• Thanks 1

Austin it was closed down because it had become repetitive. You were offering nothing more than the same thing, over and over. And all of it is still there and will remain there. It was apparent that you had reached the limit of speech you could put into the conversation. 

Really.... what do you not understand about exchristian? We've lived what your living. 

Are you another one of those that say that we must have never knew him or we would never have left him? 

• Like 1

Such things are secondary if God is real, that is where we must focus:

Why should there be an absolute standard of reasoning if everything is simply “molecules in motion”? Most atheists have a materialistic outlook—meaning they believe that everything that exists is material, or explained by material processes. But laws of logic are not material! If atheistic materialism is true, then there could be no laws of logic, since they are immaterial. Thus, logical reasoning would be impossible! if atheism were true, the atheist would not be able to reason or use laws of logic because such things would not be meaningful. How could there be laws at all without a lawgiver? Laws of logic owe their existence to the biblical God. Yet they are required to reason rationally, to prove things. So the biblical God must exist in order for reasoning to be possible. Therefore, the best proof of God’s existence is that without Him we couldn’t prove anything at all! The existence of the biblical God is the prerequisite for knowledge and rationality. 

Nope nope nope 

Not in this thread @AustinAustin You've said all you can say on that subject. If you keep reposting this. I'll ask the moderator to shut this thread down if they don't do it first. 

• Super Moderator
26 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Do you believe our solar system has 9 planets? 1 being relabeled a dwarf planet. Pluto. When I was in school it was just a planet. 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Nope nope nope 

Not in this thread @AustinAustin You've said all you can say on that subject. If you keep reposting this. I'll ask the moderator to shut this thread down if they don't do it first. 

That's disgusting... Someone disagrees with you so you silence them?... I hope you never forget the logic example.

3 hours ago, midniterider said:

Waaaa. Ten pages of you asserting the same stuff over and over again without a plausible explanation. I wouldnt say it was shut down quickly. I'd say you ran out of original material. You use the word logic a lot, but your arguments are just assertions. You dont actually consider logically what you are talking about. You use your emotional belief in God while claiming you are using logic. You arent.  

I can say "The sky is orange and green polkadots" over and over ... but people can walk out their front door and see for themselves that assertion is BS. You can't just tell us your nonsense over and over and expect us to believe it. That what Christians do. That's why they go to church every week. To get another helping of bible brainwashing.

You have to show us why you are indeed correct otherwise we wont believe you. You havent done that.

Then why was no one able to refute the logic example?... It can't be man-made... The Universe cannot create logic, etc. No one was able to refute, it still stands as truth...

5 hours ago, TABA said:

I wager we allow far more Christian participation than we would be permitted in a Christian community.  Your original “most atheists” post is still there and we have allowed you to repeat yourself extensively.  We will not allow the same passage to be posted repeatedly, especially in multiple threads.  

Ugh, lack of freespeech? You're not atheists, you're fascists...

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

I hope you never forget the logic example.

You mean the one you're too chicken shit to test?

I appreciate you all reading what I have shared... 

Accepting Jesus Christ as God and Savior is the only way to Heaven. Otherwise, you will go to Hell to pay for your sins.

Our family is often swayed by our choices in such matters -it may not be only you going to Hell.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You mean the one you're too chicken shit to test?

But bro, what you mean by test is nothing, it doesn't "test" at all...

You all can find me on Twitter, I'm Austin Austin @zazzyaustin or on facebook Austin David Lilly

8 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

@AustinAustin

Inyour God is real thread you said: 

My question is. Do you believe in evolution? That they evolved away from our primate ancestor to insure the future of the species? 

I have no real opinions about evolution, it may be true or not, however, if evolution is real then it does come from God.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

But bro, what you mean by test is nothing, it doesn't "test" at all...

unnamed.jpg

Mostly I feel that evolution does not exist.