Goodbye Jesus

Austin Austin and Evolution

DarkBishop

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Nah.  I was being facetious.  I wouldn't ban a guy just for being ignorant.  And, you're right, monotonous and tiresome though he is, he's kept it (relatively) cordial.

Well he has had to contend with you, so.. 

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator
1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

Well he has had to contend with you, so.. 

Yeah, now he knows hell is real.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AustinAustin said:

God is life, the absence of life is death. You are far from God, you are already dead -that is why you believe such to be true.

Imagine dying, it's terrifying... We all will die. Whether GOd is real or not isn't theoretical, we will all find out...

Enoch and Elijah did not die, Austin.

According to god's curse on Adam and Eve and all their descendants they should have died.

Scripture says so.

But they didn't experience death.

Scripture says so.

Care to unpick that biblical contradiction?

6 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Good question.

In pondering my lifetime of prayer and devotions, I had to ask myself that same question.

Ask yourself though... if you cannot trust your feelings, then... 

Feelings lie, only God is Truth.

I once closed my eyes and prayed that God would put the woman that I should marry before me so that I would see her when I open my eyes.

I was trusting my feelings, instead of discerning.

We will all die. Many are already dead though their hearts still beat.

Brothers, please, deeply consider these things.

2 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Enoch and Elijah did not die, Austin.

According to god's curse on Adam and Eve and all their descendants they should have died.

Scripture says so.

But they didn't experience death.

Scripture says so.

Care to unpick that biblical contradiction?

They haven't died yet, they will return and die. They're probably the two witnesses.

9 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yeah, now he knows hell is real.

lol

36 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

Did you feel, or discern, God?

Ugh Austin. This is an EXCHRISTIAN website. Do you not understand what that means? 

Ok. The best way I can explain it is that I felt the burden of sin bearing down on my shoulders. I knew I needed Jesus. I knelt, I prayed for forgiveness, I cried knowing I was a sinner and he had died for me. During my prayer it felt like the doors of heaven opened up an sinned down on me. Lifting the burden of sin off my shoulders. I then felt light as a feather. And was adamant just like you that God and Jesus were real. I got baptized and eventually answered what I felt was the call to preach. I preached for about ten years and was even ordained a bishop in the church of God of the Gospel assembly. 

In the midst of all that arose many questions that lead to a change of faith and then ultimately a loss of faith. 

Is that a good enough description of how I felt god?

• Super Moderator

@AustinAustin, how do you know what's going to happen to me when I die if you can't even prove I exist?  And why should I believe what you say, if I can't confirm that you exist?

Fact is, you don't know what happens when you die.  But you're scared of dying.  So you tell yourself pretty little things to comfort yourself and make you feel better about it all.  That's fine if that's what you need to do, bless your heart.  But most of the rest of us would rather face the truth head-on, painful though it might be, than comfort ourselves with lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

They haven't died yet, they will return and die. They're probably the two witnesses.

Careful now, Austin!

Scripture does not actually say that, so you are in danger of adding to god's word.

Proverbs 30 : 5 & 6.

Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

@TheRedneckProfessor

This post has gone way off subject. And I've said my peace on the subject. Anytime you decide to shut the shit show down is fine with me. 

DB

7 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Ugh Austin. This is an EXCHRISTIAN website. Do you not understand what that means? 

Ok. The best way I can explain it is that I felt the burden of sin bearing down on my shoulders. I knew I needed Jesus. I knelt, I prayed for forgiveness, I cried knowing I was a sinner and he had died for me. During my prayer it felt like the doors of heaven opened up an sinned down on me. Lifting the burden of sin off my shoulders. I then felt light as a feather. And was adamant just like you that God and Jesus were real. I got baptized and eventually answered what I felt was the call to preach. I preached for about ten years and was even ordained a bishop in the church of God of the Gospel assembly. 

In the midst of all that arose many questions that lead to a change of faith and then ultimately a loss of faith. 

Is that a good enough description of how I felt god?

What questions?

3 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Careful now, Austin!

Scripture does not actually say that, so you are in danger of adding to god's word.

Proverbs 30 : 5 & 6.

Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

:) Agreed, however it is written that everyone will die, and they're the two who have not, so it's thought they'll be the two witnesses, and will be cut down...

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

@AustinAustin, how do you know what's going to happen to me when I die if you can't even prove I exist?  And why should I believe what you say, if I can't confirm that you exist?

Fact is, you don't know what happens when you die.  But you're scared of dying.  So you tell yourself pretty little things to comfort yourself and make you feel better about it all.  That's fine if that's what you need to do, bless your heart.  But most of the rest of us would rather face the truth head-on, painful though it might be, than comfort ourselves with lies.

It's true that we can't prove we exist, but that example shouldn't be carried beyond "I can't prove I exist, therefore I cannot disqualify the existence of anyone based upon that standard which I myself cannot meet."

I am scared of dying, and even knowing God is real and I am going to heaven -that does nothing for me personally...

Agreed.

Just now, AustinAustin said:

:) Agreed, however it is written that everyone will die, and they're the two who have not, so it's thought they'll be the two witnesses, and will be cut down...

Whoever thinks that is in danger of adding to god's word, Austin.

Therefore you should not listen to these people.

If you follow their lead you too will be in danger of doing the same.

Is it really worth putting yourself in this kind of danger in order to reconcile two contradictory bible passages?

3 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Whoever thinks that is in danger of adding to god's word, Austin.

Therefore you should not listen to these people.

If you follow their lead you too will be in danger of doing the same.

Is it really worth putting yourself in this kind of danger in order to reconcile two contradictory bible passages?

Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior]. Romans 8:1 Amplified Bible 

I disagree, but really appreciate your opinion.

1 minute ago, AustinAustin said:

It's true that we can't prove we exist, but that example shouldn't be carried beyond "I can't prove I exist, therefore I cannot disqualify the existence of anyone based upon that standard which I myself cannot meet."

I am scared of dying, and even knowing God is real and I am going to heaven -that does nothing for me personally...

Agreed.

You shouldn't be scared of dying if you really are born again of the spirit of Jesus, Austin.

1 John 4 : 18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

What kind of example are you to us if you are afraid to die?

What kind of witness are you if your fear of death is greater than your love for Jesus?

Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior]. Romans 8:1 Amplified Bible 

I disagree, but really appreciate your opinion.

If there is no guilty verdict and no punishment for you, why are you afraid to die?

1 minute ago, walterpthefirst said:

You shouldn't be scared of dying if you really are born again of the spirit of Jesus, Austin.

1 John 4 : 18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

What kind of example are you to us if you are afraid to die?

What kind of witness are you if your fear of death is greater than your love for Jesus?

I know you are right...

I know you are right...

Then why are you afraid to die?

1 minute ago, walterpthefirst said:

If there is no guilty verdict and no punishment for you, why are you afraid to die?

Because I am mortal, of the Earth, and death is the end of that. 

I mean that I am an immortal being in a mortal body, and my soul knows everything is okay but my mind still says that I will die and that is terrifying. The flesh is weak.

Because I am mortal, of the Earth, and death is the end of that. 

I mean that I am an immortal being in a mortal body, and my soul knows everything is okay but my mind still says that I will die and that is terrifying. The flesh is weak.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to say that this mismatch between your mind and your soul will not persuade us, Austin.

There are atheist and agnostic members of this forum who are not afraid to die.

But you cannot match their certainty and their peace of mind.

2 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

Oh dear, I'm sorry to say that this mismatch between your mind and your soul will not persuade us, Austin.

There are atheist and agnostic members of this forum who are not afraid to die.

But you cannot match their certainty and their peace of mind.

I am so certain that I would die for God.

All, everyone, is afraid of dying...

To be fair to Austin, the instinct for self-preservation is a powerful thing.

Ah, but even in your certainty you would be afraid.

Your assertion that everyone is afraid of dying remains just that, an unfounded assertion.

Unless, of course, you could prove it by using logic?

4 minutes ago, AustinAustin said:

The suicide bombers who gladly die for Allah don't seem to be afraid of dying.