Goodbye Jesus

Thinking About Amy-marie

chefranden

Guest 991Seeker
I've been thinking about Amy-Marie

Damnit, everyone's always thinking about Amy Marie.

Why doesn't anyone think about me?

WHY!?!?

why?

I am thinking about you....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duderonomy

• Asimov

• white_raven23

• Ouroboros

They have no business in my humble opinion, to blaspheme the God that bought them, when they have never felt His Spirit in the first place.

Is this an attempt at empathy or do you really believe that there is some substance to christianity?

I spent the first half of my life in that trap, but if anyone wants to blaspheme an imaginary being it's no sweat off me. Felt his spirit? I felt a lot of contrived emotions that I once interpreted as such, but... :scratch:

It was empathy, or an attempt, as it were.

I've been thinking about Amy-Marie

Damnit, everyone's always thinking about Amy Marie.

Why doesn't anyone think about me?

WHY!?!?

why?

Perhaps I ought to clarify this as being a joke?

OK, everyone,

Think about this...

Is it just me, or does the picture in Amy's sig, called 'Jesus recues Peter', look more like 'Jesus gives Peter peter'?

Is it just me, or does the picture in Amy's sig, called 'Jesus recues Peter', look more like 'Jesus gives Peter peter'?

Thanks for making me literally laugh out loud!!!! :lmao: You're right!

Sorry,

'Jesus Saves peter'.

Sorry again.

I meant 'Peter'.

Can you please tell me what Christian groups believe tha Earth is flat? I find this hard to believe.

There is a Scripture in Isaiah that says, "He sits above the circle of the Earth."

Exactly. Now think for a moment about the difference between a circle and a sphere.

Got the message? *g*

That said, as far as I know a flat earth indeed never was an official statement or even dogma of the church... but I'm quite sure that many early christians did believe in that nonetheless. The bible does give much justification for such a view, like it or not.

Amy, I can relate to your feeling that some of us treated you like shit. I'm a bit "between the lines" in such cases - I fully understand that ex-fundamentalists react violently to someone espousing fundie dogma, whether intentionally or accidentally, yet I also would appreciate if some people would restrain themselves a bit more.

However, while we have some disagreements regarding certain things (well, duh... ;) ), personally I'd like to see you stay. If you want to. Somehow I kind of like you. :)

I just think there are better ways of communicating and you don't have to rip people apart in the process.

Granted. However, what many christians (whether you feel this refers to yourself too is up to you ;) ) don't understand is that if they come to some place... say, this one... and proudly proclaim stuff that has been debunked, refuted, chewed on and spit out a gazillion times at this one place alone, the very act of coming up with "the same old shit again" can pretty much constitute an insult too... not in form, but in function. That way, one (even if involuntarily) sends the message "You're too dumb to understand and too dumb to present a valid refutation".

Know what i mean?

So, if such things happen, it may well look (to the christian) like she's being insulted for no reason. However, "we unbelievers" have a good reason to feel insulted and react accordingly... from our point of view.

Can you please tell me how long other of my species have lasted on this forum? Perhaps they were tougher than I?

Depends on whether they honestly thought about the things we said and the questions we asked, as far as I know. Most visiting christians don't stay for long. But then, most visiting christians also behave like totally braindead fuckfaces... :shrug:

Out of those who are willing to contemplate our point of view, most stay for a while. Some for a long time. And some few even finally deconvert.

Are most of the participants on this forum guys? I think guys deal with issues more forcefully.

I never sorted the participants by gender and counted them, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are more males than females joining debates. However, there may well be a certain tendency for "us male monsters" ;) to be more direct, even if being direct hurts.

I am starting to see you more like people that I could hang out with and not a bunch of lion's ready to kill me.

And I bet some of the guys are really cute too. :grin:

*wonders if that would include him too ;) *

It's all about respecting others. That's all. We all want a more peaceful planet but we can't even communicate respectfully.

Uh ~ oh. Harps and flowers! Now this thread has really going off the deep end. :thanks:

:blink:

Oh well, we've had much worse threads :)

(To Amy)

I think part of the reason we get angry is because most christians, yourself included, come here thinking its so simple. You think you understand us, and you also think that there aren't any "GOOD" reasons not to believe.

[...]

Its like saying all those years of struggle and questions were useless, and we are obviously dumb for not seeing such obvious answers.

Exactly.

Assuming that the bible speaks the truth, back then in the times of Jesus and shortly after, witnessing may well have been as easy as telling the tale. After all, no one back then knew the story already.

Today, at least in "Western civilization", it's highly unlikely that anyone you approach has never heard the gospel.

That is one of the things many christians who actively try to witness don't think about. It's akin to saying, at the very start of your witnessing attempt, "Listen up you ignorant stupid moron, here's something you don't know". Who would want to continue listening to a person approaching her so bluntly?

Thank you! I apprecaite you being so honest with me. I really like you and I'm beginning to understand why and the way you feel. It's hoakey yes, but I would still like to give you all a big hug.

I promise I won't preach at you anymore.

You really are a great group.

Now such words are rare from a visiting christian. Not unheard of, but rare. :wub:

Maybe I'll regret that soon, but what the heck - if you hug me, I'll (((((Amy))))) back ;)

I have proof that John Moses Browning is *god*.

Somehow I knew you'd say that man :fdevil:

Thuri-what the f*ck ever,

Don't start with your ill-logic.

No-one back then knew the story already? Really? Back in the times of Jesus nobody knew the story of Jesus? You have proof? Can't prove a negative?

"Today, at least in "Western civilization", it's highly unlikely that anyone you approach has never heard the gospel."

Even in His time, the fame of Jesus 'went out into all the land', so what's your point here?

Sorry, I can't get past this.

When you can, we'll move on to your other ramblings.

Thanks Thurisaz!

You're welcome ;)

No-one back then knew the story already? Really? Back in the times of Jesus nobody knew the story of Jesus? You have proof? Can't prove a negative?

"Today, at least in "Western civilization", it's highly unlikely that anyone you approach has never heard the gospel."

Even in His time, the fame of Jesus 'went out into all the land', so what's your point here?

Eh, a story has to start somewhere. And when it just started, there will be many many people who haven't heard it yet. So, however a story spreads, in the very beginning most people won't know it. That's all I want to say. If there's anything wrong in this very basic premise, sorry for it. Note that I'm not referring to any specific time or place, say, "Galilea, 35 CE" ;)

(EDIT)

Okay, I wrote up there "no one knew the story already". That was, of course, a bit exaggerated. I trust you know that I really meant "not many people". Duh... :mellow:

Thurisaz,

Again, so what's your point?

Umnnn

Can somebody here please put me into the drunken thread?

I said please.

"Eh, a story has to start somewhere. And when it just started, there will be many many people who haven't heard it yet. So, however a..."

I SAID PLEASE!!!

Amy,

As far as getting ripped on...this IS the Lion's Den ya know. You can't expect not to be seen as a fresh side of beef. ;) Also, many people on this site have been hurt very badly by your religion, so despite the fact that you have good intentions, understand that many may react like you're jabbing at old wounds. That may reflect their own state of healing more than anything about you, so don't take it too personally.

I see occasional "OK I'm leaving now" types of things from you, but I suspect that you have a thick enough skin and enough curiosity to stick around. I would encourage it. There are a lot of good, intelligent, experienced, interesting people here, and you will learn more than you thought possible. There is no personal growth without challenge, and you will find plenty of challenge here. ;)

Awwww shoot! My picture of the Cowardly Lion didn't come out. Darn!

It's OK, the text is pretty obvious. ;)

And you can stay as long as you like. Unlike a Christian forum, it's your choice to stay or not - you're never going to get kicked off for disagreeing with anybody. That's because unbelievers are frequently more open-minded and tolerant than Christians. Go figure. ;) Stick around long enough and you'll realize that for yourself. Or for a quick test, log on to any Christian forum pretending to be an atheist and see how long you last. ;)

Here, you can get to know good people, but be careful - it may become increasingly difficult to reconcile why your loving God would consign them all to eternal torture anyway. ;) (Hint: as a thinking, feeling human, you already know more about love than the God of the Bible does.)

Yes I have been seeing that many of the people have been hurt badly especially since I have been reading more of the testimonies.

I'll be here as long as I'm welcome.

Yup! Plenty of challenge!

I don't consider you welcome. Someone who goes to such lengths to be as intellectually dishonest as you are has no place here in my books.

I don't consider you welcome. Someone who goes to such lengths to be as intellectually dishonest as you are has no place here in my books.

Good points.

I will be more welcoming when I see a serious attempt to address the questions I've brought up. I really want to hear some answers.

I'm not too keen on her, but I can change my mind - maybe.

Good points.

I will be more welcoming when I see a serious attempt to address the questions I've brought up. I really want to hear some answers.

I third that.

Amy is here to preach, end of story.

Don't worry, we're all ugly on the inside.

Way too funny!!!

:lmao:

Fellas, let her preach. She's almost got us where we want her!

Good points.

I third that.

Amy is here to preach, end of story.

Has she put away the fuzzy "CareBears" yet? I'm still trying to shake out all the rainbow and hearts subscription inserts she contributed to my encyclopedias.

Keep her out of the chemistry lab.

I'm finding myself unable to connect with her an any intellectual level. I tried to have an actual rational discussion with you, amy, and it was like trying to have a discussion with my cat.

My cat may be fuzzy and cute, like you try to be fuzzy and cute, but essentially it lacks the cognitive capacity to consider what I'm saying.

"Hi kitty, did you know that there exists no contemporary accounts of Jesus life and that the gospels were written at least 40 years after Jesus died?"

"meow"

"Interesting point, kitty, but you're ignoring that there are no contemporary accounts. What you also fail to see is your incoherent belief system"

"meow"

"ugh, kitty....can't you see where you're wrong?? Don't you understand??? "

"meow"

Asimov,

Do you really talk to your cat like that?

:scratch:

:wicked:

Maybe that's one of my major mistakes of recent months, but somehow I still like her... :blink:

Of course she might eventually turn out to be still braindead after all, but what the heck, I'm willing to take the risk ;)

(You have my explicit permission to mock me if she does ;) )

That's very Biblical of you! :wicked: "What makes a man impure comes from the heart and not from the outside." Something like that. :)

Braindead? Hmmm? Can you come up with anymore flattering adjectives while your at it?

Actually, you want to try reading what Thurisaz actually said verses what you seem to imagine he said?

Of course she might eventually turn out to be still braindead after all, but what the heck, I'm willing to take the risk ;)

He didn't call you braindead, he postulated that you might turn out to be braindead. Take the Christian filter out of your ears and hear what is actually said instead of hearing what some part of you seems to want to hear.

Why do you want to be insulted Amy?

You came into debate forums to talk about how wonderful jesus is, and expected us to sit back and let the fuzzy feel-goods wash over us without saying anything at all that disagreed with your feelings.

If that is what you wanted, then you belong in a Christian forum. It is elitist and self-important of you to expect that here in an EX-Christian forum.

If someone joined a Pro-life forum, and wanted to expound upon their own Pro-Choice perspectives.....do they have a right to expect people to not disagree? Or even a reasonable expectation that people will be respectful?

YOU came here. You have completely ignored every solid question, and well-worded alternate point of view that has been posed to you. And even still, even now, there are people here trying to have a knowledgeable and reasoned dialogue with you. And you are ignoring them too.

Enjoy beating your breast. In some part of your imagination, your "prince" is probably rescuing you from us. And that is why you are really here, so you can feel jesus saving you. You've jumped through a lot of hoops to feel that sensation. What will you have to go through next to regain that high?

And why is a type of "love" that is more like the high associated with illegal drugs so appealing to you?