Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

It is always comical to watch people who don't understand the Bible make fools of themselves discussing it.

lol. Much to laugh at here. I always get a kick out of you guys.

Don't hold back. Your references here are so vague. Please enlighten me to your wisdom.

mwc

MWC, it seems this guy substantiates why people are ExChristians. Perhaps we should take some of his own advice though, as is written at the bottom of his page of his posts

"Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

and let's just not answer him? :huh:

Mythra, you simply amaze me. :thanks:

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MWC, it seems this guy substantiates why people are ExChristians.

Indeedly do, Amanda. People like him just serve as big, screaming highlights of why people don't want anything to do with being seriously Xian, as it can lead to being like him.

Not responding is a good idea, but it can be fun to provoke him into saying something stupid that will further reinforce our case. He has no idea how much he helps us, whether he says something stupid, admits defeat, or even just runs away. It's all good :)

It is always comical to watch people who don't understand the Bible make fools of themselves discussing it.

Its funny to hear you insinuate that you understand the bible when you still haven't give us an example of a "fulfilled" biblical prophecy.

How long has it been? Two months? I could have read the whole bible in that time...I would have too, except, you know, I have stuff to do that matters

359.jpg

goodness, something rattled you there? Ad Hominem time for you? Always a good sign of some emotional knee-jerking going on.

BTW, I love how you always compare atheists to Christians. Why? That's not a direct comparison. An athiest and a theist is a direct comparisson. Christianity is a belief system, theism is not, nor is atheism. You should compare Christians to say, Humanists, or Muslims, or Freemasons, or... So I'll just correct you again when you make this false anaolgy next time, Ok?

:shrug: Hell, I don't know.

Inspecto man makes his little nyah nyah right after I said that Paul's historicity is a given.

So, maybe he has some information that Paul is a fictional character - just like Jesus?

Hard to say.

Maybe Inspecto is an Acharya S. fan.

How much courage does it take to stand for nothing? None.

How much courage does it take to defend nothing? None.

How much intellect does it take to defend nothing? None.

Definitely for the weak.

Do you think so?

Christians will justify and rationalize a god who condones slavery, supports subjugation of women, enjoys innocent animals being sacrificed to him, orders genocide and infanticide. They will find a way to explain away the fact that prayer does nothing. They will feign a deep love for god, and overstate their experiences to try to convince others. They will give up a sizeable portion of their incomes and time. And, when you get right down to it, what is the ultimate motive? FEAR OF HELL.

We, on the other hand - believe so strongly that christianity is wrong, that we are betting eternity on the fact that we are correct. We stand up for what we believe in, even in the face of threats of eternal, unspeakable horror. We take a stand against the atrocities attributed to yahweh, and if those accounts were true, we would declare god guilty and wash our hands of his shameful conduct.

We have all, in our own way, managed to get beyond the superstitious fears that once ruled our hearts. We've taken deep breaths and taken the leap into the unknown.

The folks on this site are an incredibly courageous lot. And I'm proud to be associated with them.

I have read the hypothesis that Marcion was the actual author, and that he made up Paul as a character. This isn't very widely accepted, though.

It seems very unlikely that official church copies of Paul's collection of letters were made prior to his death, or even that any churches made any informal collections of some of them.

However, because of Paul being taken to Rome copies of the first ten of his known letters (plus Luke and Acts) did exist in Rome after 62 AD, even if we don't know specifically where they were located. This was almost certainly the first canon, and around 70 years later these MSS (or descendents of them) were found by Marcion. This means that Marcion didn't create a canon, he just found one already waiting for him in Rome.

Full text at - http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/corpus-...913/003936.html

Your premise assumes that Acts is historically accurate. A banner that only the most conservative of scholars are willing to wave.

Most biblical scholars and historians who don't have an axe to grind accept the book of Acts as a second century writing that takes great liberties with the truth.

Definitely for the weak.

Do you think so?

Christians will justify and rationalize a god who condones slavery, supports subjugation of women, enjoys innocent animals being sacrificed to him, orders genocide and infanticide. They will find a way to explain away the fact that prayer does nothing. They will feign a deep love for god, and overstate their experiences to try to convince others. They will give up a sizeable portion of their incomes and time. And, when you get right down to it, what is the ultimate motive? FEAR OF HELL.

We, on the other hand - believe so strongly that christianity is wrong, that we are betting eternity on the fact that we are correct. We stand up for what we believe in, even in the face of threats of eternal, unspeakable horror. We take a stand against the atrocities attributed to yahweh, and if those accounts were true, we would declare god guilty and wash our hands of his shameful conduct.

We have all, in our own way, managed to get beyond the superstitious fears that once ruled our hearts. We've taken deep breaths and taken the leap into the unknown.

The folks on this site are an incredibly courageous lot. And I'm proud to be associated with them.

Wow! That was so good it is worth repeating. :thanks:

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe in nothing(as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

Definitely for the weak.

LOL, this coming from a grown man who believes in flying chariots, walking talking serpents and uneecorns.

Indeed. Well-said, Mythra :)

LOL, this coming from a grown man who believes in flying chariots, walking talking serpents and uneecorns.

Innit, though? :HaHa:

Indeed. Well-said, Mythra :)

Kudos from me too, Mythra the man.

Innit, though? :HaHa:

Yes, it sure is. I almost forgot that he believes in talking asses as well.

MWC, it seems this guy substantiates why people are ExChristians. Perhaps we should take some of his own advice though, as is written at the bottom of his page of his posts

"Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

and let's just not answer him? :huh:

Hey there Amanda. Long time no see.

I could take your sound advice but the way I see it I would the one being schooled and not the one doing the schooling in this particular situation.

So would I not be foolish to let this opportunity pass me by?

mwc

Thanks, guys. It's heartfelt.

I know what it takes to come to the point where one can say out loud "I no longer believe this".

And weak or cowardly it ain't.

You should all give thanks. To yourselves.

For having the courage to leave the herd and follow your own intuition and convictions.

Bravo to you all.

You should all give thanks. To yourselves.

For having the courage to leave the herd and follow your own intuition and convictions.

Bravo to you all.

Well-said :)

Give thanks to God - and define "God" as the face you see in the mirror, for we made all the gods in our own images.

And bravo to you also, biznatch :)

Thanks, guys. It's heartfelt.

I know what it takes to come to the point where one can say out loud "I no longer believe this".

And weak or cowardly it ain't.

Sad to say, but when I was on the other side of the old looking glass I would have said it was the weak position and it took strength to believe. It's only when you go crashing through to the other side that you realize how much courage it takes to really examine your beliefs, in everything, and not just accept what you've been told. True conviction in anything is never easy.

mwc

Leap into the unknown eh? Congratulations are in order then?

Leap into the unknown eh? Congratulations are in order then?

Nah - we need no thanks. Our chosen path is our reward :)

Nah - we need no thanks. Our chosen path is our reward

I did not thank thee. If i thanked you - it would mean, please go ahead, one less soul for me to save.

I offered my congratualations. As in: Behold the unknown, looks like fun, let's leap into that. So here's my belated congratulations on your desire to leap into the unknown.

Of course it's just another bad attempt at sarcasm from you. When you can't win us over, you belittle us and mock our chosen way. Whoop-dee-doo - you're not the first nor the last of your religion to behave like that :jerkit:

We didn't "leap into the unknown" because it seemed like "fun" but because that is simply a description of what it was like for many of us to leave Xianity. Leaving the doctrines of many years behind to seek out the beliefs we are more comfortable with - denying the comfort and security of the old ways to endure the uncertanity of life without Heaven or Hell. That may be a good thing, but it can be unnerving at first - the "what-ifs" that haunt the mind of the newly-deconverted can be immense.

So yes, many of the folks here who dared to deconvert and find their own truths do deserve applause. They may not have all the answers, but they're definitely on the right path :)

Of course it's just another bad attempt at sarcasm from you. When you can't win us over, you belittle us and mock our chosen way. Whoop-dee-doo - you're not the first nor the last of your religion to behave like that :jerkit:

You take it as belittling? Mocking? You have chosen your way - so be it. I don't need to win you over. Any mocking on my part should be like water off a duck's back. Who's masturbating now?

We didn't "leap into the unknown" because it seemed like "fun" but because that is simply a description of what it was like for many of us to leave Xianity. Leaving the doctrines of many years behind to seek out the beliefs we are more comfortable with - denying the comfort and security of the old ways to endure the uncertanity of life without Heaven or Hell. That may be a good thing, but it can be unnerving at first - the "what-ifs" that haunt the mind of the newly-deconverted can be immense.
I assume you speak for every body here? Beliefs you are more comfortable with? I respect that. To each, his/her own.

the "what-ifs" that haunt the mind of the newly-deconverted can be immense
This did not scare me when i converted...

So yes, many of the folks here who dared to deconvert and find their own truths do deserve applause. They may not have all the answers, but they're definitely on the right path :)

Of course they deserve applause, any acts of courage should be applaused. But.. your "on the right path..." to...? :jerkit: OK, never mind, you don't have all the answers but you're on your way. Every known religion can say that. It's just that Christians believe that theirs is the only one. And every religion also lay claim to that. When will that end? Interfaith dialogue seems to work. Shall we not just agree to disagree? Much more peaceful.

You take it as belittling? Mocking? You have chosen your way - so be it. I don't need to win you over. Any mocking on my part should be like water off a duck's back. Who's masturbating now?

I actually get a chuckle at your mocking. No, you don't cut me to the core, so don't puff up that ego too much.

I assume you speak for every body here? Beliefs you are more comfortable with? I respect that. To each, his/her own.

I believe I speak for many people, but not all, as I said in the other thread. So, if you respect that I have other beliefs, then don't wave yours around here, because this is an ex-xian site, and you should expect criticism.

No one is afraid to defy Xianity anymore, you know. That went out decades ago.

This did not scare me when i converted...

Because when you converted, I'm going to assume you didn't leave a religion of terror and eternal torture for the "wicked" to explore beliefs which did not contain that. Apples and oranges.

Of course they deserve applause, any acts of courage should be applaused. But.. your "on the right path..." to...? :jerkit: OK, never mind, you don't have all the answers but you're on your way. Every known religion can say that. It's just that Christians believe that theirs is the only one. And every religion also lay claim to that. When will that end? Interfaith dialogue seems to work. Shall we not just agree to disagree? Much more peaceful.

It won't end, as long as dogmatists continue to scream that they have it all. Xians never say that they don't have all the answers. Serious Xians believe Xianity is complete and lacking in nothing, so many arguments come when others challenge this belief of theirs.

Fine, I can agree to disagree with you. But when you speak on a point of your belief, expect it to be challenged. Again, this is an ex-xian site, a place where Xianity is challenged and refuted all the time. Don't act like it's so unusual :rolleyes:

Definitely for the weak.

Do you think so?

Wow. What can I say? You are a person of courage. Responding to my post and all. And as I read you post, all I can say is, Wow.

Welcome to the world of questions. Lots of em here. No answers, just questions. Lots of confusion and questions. You don't know what you stand for, just what you stand against. I noticed that in your post. I also noticed that you have a warped idea of what Christianity is. So I guess you're standing against your warped view of Christianity, and not actual Christianity. You'll fit in well. I haven't encountered anyone here who understands Christianity. So welcome you brave soul. Post random courageous thoughts. What could be more courageous than posting on a random message board.