Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

You don't know what you stand for, just what you stand against.

What do you stand for?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you stand for?

The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks for asking.

He's been so good to me. He really is the greatest friend anyone could ever have.

What do you stand for?

The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks for asking.

He's been so good to me. He really is the greatest friend anyone could ever have.

I was being sincere. If you were replying sincerely would you tell me *why* it is that you stand for Jesus Christ? Is it because he has been good to you and is the greatest friend that anyone could have the reason? If that is the case then what would be the difference in me saying, I stand for my husband?

What do you stand for?

The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks for asking.

Cool, so if I stand for my imaginary friend can I be all brave and stuff like you are?

The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks for asking.

Could you elaborate on this? Details and examples of why this is what you stand for would be helpful.

mwc

The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks for asking.

Could you elaborate on this? Details and examples of why this is what you stand for would be helpful.

mwc

watch out - it's a trap! Any details lacking in minute detail will be eaten. . .

watch out - it's a trap! Any details lacking in minute detail will be eaten. . .

true, If you say "well he just makes me feel good" or "I see him in smiling children" we will point out the immense stupidity of the statement. If you say "my daughter died in a car crash and was then brought back to life weeks later" or "I lost an arm and the Lord grew it back overnight" and can prove it, then we'll be agast.

true, If you say "well he just makes me feel good" or "I see him in smiling children" we will point out the immense stupidity of the statement. If you say "my daughter died in a car crash and was then brought back to life weeks later" or "I lost an arm and the Lord grew it back overnight" and can prove it, then we'll be agast.

Whereas any story that's made more and more fantastic with each telling would simply be laughed at...

Not that we know anyone that would ever do that with their story, do we?

Well, Pug, what I said would have to go along with what was said here:

Wow. What can I say? You are a person of courage. Responding to my post and all. And as I read you post, all I can say is, Wow.

Welcome to the world of questions. Lots of em here. No answers, just questions. Lots of confusion and questions. You don't know what you stand for, just what you stand against. I noticed that in your post. I also noticed that you have a warped idea of what Christianity is. So I guess you're standing against your warped view of Christianity, and not actual Christianity. You'll fit in well. I haven't encountered anyone here who understands Christianity. So welcome you brave soul. Post random courageous thoughts. What could be more courageous than posting on a random message board.

I want Christianity explained to me...in detail. I want it explained to me in such a way that I can no longer be accused of having a "warped" view of it. I want it explained to me by someone that knows "actual" Christianity. I want it explained by someone who has "answers" and not just "questions."

This combined with knowing exactly why it is InspectoGeneral stands for what they do, with as much detail and as many examples as possible, should complete the picture I would think.

Simply telling me to pray, turn to a church or get right with god has apparently proven to be so much folly and so I'm now in need of someone like InspectoGeneral to truly enlighten me.

Now, if you're thinking it will not be a simple process, then perhaps you're right but many times it takes great effort to make great gains.

mwc

Again, this is an ex-xian site, a place where Xianity is challenged and refuted all the time. Don't act like it's so unusual.

I think you are quite un-clear about the concept! This and all ex-tian sites are for them good folks to recover and lick their wounds or find another proveable religion or cult or become atheists or free thinkers and so forth. It's a wonderfool place.

IF i'm mistaken, am i to understand that ex-tian sites are for Christians to post their questions so that it can be refuted and proven un-true as a challenge for ex-tians? Sort of a training ground for them?

IMO it should not be a place to challenge and refute Christianity doctrines or theology. Haloooooo, you are already doubly convinced it's allllll lies - what is there to challenge? Just say it's all nonsensensical mumbo jumbo and airy fairy god.

What's unusual is your tenaciously fierce fight on behalf of every body here. Hey, i get it YOU DON'T believe and there is all there is to it. apples and apples. so uptight you are.

Hi mwc,

Now, if you're thinking it will not be a simple process, then perhaps you're right but many times it takes great effort to make great gains.

Right on. IT IS a monumental task. Just note: Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant - and as many denominations from them - each with minor nuances on what they think Christianity really is (google it - there'll be a chart to show you the differences). I, too, will be waiting for IG to enlighten me.

Hi mwc,

Right on. IT IS a monumental task. Just note: Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant - and as many denominations from them - each with minor nuances on what they think Christianity really is (google it - there'll be a chart to show you the differences). I, too, will be waiting for IG to enlighten me.

Minor nuances? I'd say that some Christians believing that you *have to* be baptised in order to be saved is more than a minor nuance. That if you simply profess Christ as Lord and Savior that it is meaningless if you don't follow with works which basically boils down to obeying the bible. While most Christians will obey (at least in saying) to love. Loving others is a work BUT TONS of Christians turn their nose at Pauls admonitions not to allow filth in front of their eyes. Christians (like myself when I was one) are then chastised by their fellow believers for being like the Pharisees and being legalistic. Why is it not legalistic to obey the command to love but legalistic to not watch dirty movies, violent tv shows, shows titled "Idol", etc.? Why is it not legalistic to try and be patient but legalistic to observe the Sabbath? Why is it not legalistic to be giving but legalistic to not associate with unbelievers?

Those in the Torah Observant Messianic community believe that not obeying Old Testament laws (all 613 of them) means that you are not bound for heaven. Old School Church of God followers do not believe in a literal hell, the trinity, etc.. Even within the most popular sects there are MAJOR differences that do indeed have to do with salvation. Those in charismatic circles believe that if you don't speak in tongues and bullcrap like that that you were not *really* saved because you don't show signs of being filled with the spirit. That is more than a *minor* issue. Some Christians believe that if you don't obey the old Sabbath that you are hellbound, whereas another says that if you do the OT laws that you didn't really accept Christ and are hellbound.

Basically, the only people who call these *minor* issues are Christians.

Hmm... is Pug sliding down the slippery slope toward trollism?

Raw nerves exposed or something Puggy?

What's unusual is your tenaciously fierce fight on behalf of every body here. Hey, i get it YOU DON'T believe and there is all there is to it. apples and apples. so uptight you are.[/b]

So why are you here? Shouldn't you be out witnessing to fools who haven't already heard and rejected your boohoo sob savior story so that they can enjoy eternity with you?

So I guess you're standing against your warped view of Christianity, and not actual Christianity. You'll fit in well. I haven't encountered anyone here who understands Christianity.

Do you mean christianity as you know it? We know that christianity too. We just have a more independent outlook on it now. You think we haven't spoken the words - "it's not religion, it's a relationship" ourselves about a thousand times???

We too, could tell of the time when Jesus was our best friend. When we couldn't wait to get out of bed in the morning to be alone with him. When our days were spent with him always in our minds. We were you.

We could discuss the scriptures with you. And, whether the Armenian or Calvinist position is more correct. And whether to sprinkle or dip. And how prayers are only answered if they are god's will. We could talk about the four cherubim. Or the fall of satan. Or the meaning of original sin.

But, nonsense is nonsense. And superstitious nonsense is the worst of all.

And, whether you realize it or not, having a friend who is invisible is superstitious nonsense.

Nah - we need no thanks. Our chosen path is our reward

I offered my congratualations. As in: Behold the unknown, looks like fun, let's leap into that. So here's my belated congratulations on your desire to leap into the unknown.[/b]

Actually Pug, it is quite appropriate for you to congratulate us on this. Thank you. Launching out into the void is beginning of life, both when we were infants, and when we became adults and realized that all these constructs of religious belief systems boxed in the world in the such a way as to not allow us as individuals to discover the meaning of ourselves, for ourselves.

Currently you are letting priests think for you, and from our perspective, you will never be able to grow beyond that. If you're comfortable not growing, then that's fine. But we needed to become more than what some priest prescribed.

BTW Mythra, that post was worthy of award! :Medal:

Basically, the only people who call these *minor* issues are Christians.

Apologies. You are right, there are major gigantic issues and differences, here's a link to show how huge each Christian may disagree greatly with each other:

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/...ons_beliefs.htm

However, the many denominations within Christianity center primarily around matters of doctrine rather than practice.

Currently you are letting priests think for you, and from our perspective, you will never be able to grow beyond that. If you're comfortable not growing, then that's fine. But we needed to become more than what some priest prescribed.

Yeah rrright i'm letting priests think for me. And sadly i won't be able to grow beyond that. Sigh. Woe is me. Never mind, tomorrow is another day.

If i'm comfortable in not growing, why am i in da lion's den?

I can see you lot have really become more than... than.. what? you just let the priest think for you when you were in Church? You didn't speak to Daddy?

Can you tell me what this "more" thing is about? Is there a book on it?

So why are you here? Shouldn't you be out witnessing. . .

Have you heard of multi-tasking? Well, it's this amazing ability to do several things. . . and having a good time. That last bit is optional BTW.

And superstitious nonsense is the worst of all.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. How can nonsense be superstitious?

1. This is nonsense, it doesnt make sense.

2. This is simply superstitious mumbo jumbo, how can you believe in that kind of nonsense?

But whatever, that is the worst of all... now you are onto a better thing, makes sense and not superstitious at all.

And superstitious nonsense is the worst of all.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. How can nonsense be superstitious?

Black cats crossing you path leads to bad luck? That's superstitious AND nonsense...

Breaking a mirror causes 7 years bad luck? Superstitious AND nonsense...

Stepping on cracks in the pavement is bad luck? Superstitious and nonsense...

Isn't it nice of people like me to educate you on things so that you don't make a fool of yourself...?

Though you need to stop trying to be sarcastic and pay attention for you to learn anything. (which I doubt you're gonna manage anytime soon)

Thanks, Antlerman. High praise when coming from you. (seriously)

Pug - when I referred to the leap into the unknown, I wasn't referring to being unsure of what's going to happen after we die.

The leap came from being unsure what was going to personally become of us without Jesus. From reading such passages as "when a demon goes out of a person, he comes back later and brings seven more", or "turning over apostates to the destruction of the flesh in order to save the soul." Remember, at that point we were still unsure whether the bible was correct or not.

But we could go on no longer in the faith. And so we abandoned it. Not knowing whether God would strike us dead, or whether we would become hopelessly lost in sin and end up derelects in the gutter.

What we found was, the bible lied. We aren't overcome by "sin". We haven't been haunted by the urge that we need to go out and murder someone. We are able to excercise the same restraint that we had when we thought Jesus was helping us. We carry on with life much like we did when we were christians. Except life is much easier when it is lived on our own terms, and not terms that are dictated to us by pastors, "helpful" brothers and sisters, and passages from the good book.

As far as the leap at the end of our lives, that is easy. When you die, you're dead.

Yeah rrright i'm letting priests think for me. And sadly i won't be able to grow beyond that. Sigh. Woe is me. Never mind, tomorrow is another day.

I can see you lot have really become more than... than.. what? you just let the priest think for you when you were in Church? You didn't speak to Daddy?

Can you tell me what this "more" thing is about? Is there a book on it?

Sure there is, it is called "The Concise History of the Catholic Church." The saddest days for the Catholic Church include the day that Gutenberg invented the printing press and every day that the literacy rate goes higher.

Hmm... is Pug sliding down the slippery slope toward trollism?

Heh - but when is a Xian on this board not practically equal to a troll? With a very few rare exceptions, most of them can only resort to sarcasm and insults when their tired dogmas are shot apart.

And for the last time, puggie, people come here to support each other in their deconversion. Discussion and debate is how intellectually-minded folks tend to do that. Xianity isn't the only belief system or idea worth defending, and Xians aren't the only ones who have the right to do it.

When it comes to concepts like freedom, independence, strength, honor, and the wrongness of oppressive doctrines (like the Abrahamic ones), I am a staunch supporter. If that makes me uptight, then so be it. Better to be uptight about the truth than about a make-believe god of lies and rude assholes :)

Yes you are. Your response of sarcasm indicates you are aware of this and are trying to blow off this observation, to no avail.

You are comfortable in your beliefs because you respond to challenges with sarcasm, instead of examination. Correct me if I'm wrong, have you every changed some of your ideas about things you've believed about the Bible and God? If not, then this shows you are comfortable not challenging your views to yourself.

Being in the Lion's Den simply is some sort of self-abusive thing for you I suspect. You're not hear to learn, are you?

I have become a thousand times over what I was when I looked at the world through the narrow little box that the Christian doctrine machine teaches people is reality. It's not. And that's what I mean by launching out into the void, or the unknown. It's extreemly liberating, because only the individual can find the truth that works for him and you can't do that in a world-view that's defined by others, in your case by priests who tell you what God expects of you.

Can you tell me what this "more" thing is about? Is there a book on it

Is there a book about what this "more" thing is? Why yes! Every book out there! It's called being open to possiblities, finding your own truth. That's the glory of being freed from a closed system invented by priests. If you are accepting these things that Christianity teaches, it is in fact a closed system that does not allow for other possible answers for you. That's why you will be limited in your growth potential. But, as I said, maybe you're not interesting in discovering yourself and you're content just feeling "safe" in you tightly defined box. A lot of people are fine with that, but that's not for me. I needed to grow. I couldn't do that in that system that doesn't allow for freedom of possiblities.