Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

willy-

Why would I respond to you? You already stated that you had all the answers you wanted.

IG Almighty, you are one huge hypocrite. :Doh:

You know, I am starting to pity this person. It's really can't be his fault that he doesn't even comprehend the meanings of words. He may understand the definition, but he can't grasp the meaning. When it gives a definition, it uses other words that tie into an entire concept. The concept is beyond his grasp. It's no wonder he's a fundamentalist. In order to gain spiritual insights from the bible, one has to be able to understand that words are only pointing to a greater concept.

I just refuse to believe that anyone that would be able to understand higher concepts and abstract thoughts would pretend to be as obtuse as he comes across as being. I really don't think he can make the connections between thoughts. If this is the case, then I feel bad for making fun of the learning disabled.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

willy-

Why would I respond to you? You already stated that you had all the answers you wanted.

Wow, I wish I knew how I get fundys ignoring me on the forums so I can get them too offline.

If I look for answers too anything it wont be from somebody as fucked up as you.

Funny how you only avoid me what am I too tough for you? If that be the case you better get off this forum theres alot tougher people than me on here.

:lmao:

Guest Lucifer

Faith : Firm belief in something for which there is no proof -Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Theism is for the weak.

An atheist or other non-theist is the one with courage, courage to ask the questions and think on their own. Courage to be strong enough to accept that Christianity is false, courage to go against the very beliefs that were most likely forced on them since birth. Courage to stand up and take the “unpopular” view.

The Christians are the cowards, their own religion tells them they are weak and useless, that they would be drooling monkeys if it was for god/jesus pulling their puppet strings. It takes No courage, No strength to simply do what you are told. The strength and courage comes from making your own choice and in the face of adversity standing up and screaming that you are not going to conform.

Ex-Christians have done this, they have questioned their faith, their beliefs, they didn’t simply just settle for what they were told to believe and instead chose to search for truth, real truth.

Religion is a crutch for the weak, Christians cannot get thru life on their own, they are slaves to a religion based on fear. They have no courage, no strength. Their religion is proof. They are afraid to question anything in fear that their god will strike them down and send them to hell.

Ex-Christians have overcome this fear…

And that takes courage.

"Morality is doing what's right, regardless of what you're told.

Religion is doing what you're told, regardless of what's right."

Necessity is the only weakness by which we live, and, left unfulfilled, we die. No one has ever died for a lack of god, and that is because god is unnecessary. Whoever considers god necessary shows his/her desire for greater weakness.

I don't have to prove the Bible to you, or anyone else, in order for me to believe it.

Of course you don't, you can believe in pinks space bunnies too, and you don't have to defend it to me in order to believe it... the belief will still be absurd either way. However, to refuse to defend it then act like you won a debate you never even had with us is ...whats the word I'm looking for...oh yeah, disingenuous.

And faith is based on the Bible. Presumption has no basis.

Right, but theren lies the problem, you have no PROOF the bible is accurate, so you presume it to be so...thats what makes your belief illogical.

Winning a convert here? False premise? Has anyone here ever been converted to Christianity?

No, but interestingly enough, christians, have come here and been deconverted :scratch: If you don't care about conversion and this is all a mental masterbation exersice for you, then why are you so angry? Why can't you have an honest converation like any decent human being? Why do you feel the need to like and obsfucate?

Well, there you go. That's why I don't defend my faith. You found me out. Wait, defend my faith? Is that like defending my love? I believe the Bible. I find it strange that you think someone would defend that. Strange indeed.

Yes, you would defend your love if someone was putting her down...at least I would. If it is worth defending then defend it...if it isn't then don't. BTW Ever heard of apologetics? the whole point of it is to study ways to defend the faith and the bible, and many christians study it closly, so its not really all that strange... the fact that you find it so, makes it seem like you are ignorant of your own religion.

You think I'm angry? Interesting.

You think Chrstians have been deconverted? Of course you think you were a Christian too, don't you? Anyway, you proved my point that the premise, that anyone here could be converted, is a false premise. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to convert anyone here to Christianity.

Defending the Bible, yes. Since it is the source of the truth and the basis for my faith. Faith, and the object of faith, are two separate things. However, I can't make you understand it. And I can't defend the Bible against your misunderstanding of it. For me to defend the Bible to someone, there would have to be at least the semblance of sincerity on their part.

Note to willy-

You are much too quick to show your true intentions. You have to act sincere in order to draw the unsuspecting Christian in. Then, when they engage in a discussion because they think you really care, then you mock them and scorn what they believe. You must be strong* young one.

Defending the Bible, yes. Since it is the source of the truth and the basis for my faith. Faith, and the object of faith, are two separate things. However, I can't make you understand it. And I can't defend the Bible against your misunderstanding of it. For me to defend the Bible to someone, there would have to be at least the semblance of sincerity on their part.

Sincerity to what?

Faith : Firm belief in something for which there is no proof -Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Theism is for the weak.

An atheist or other non-theist is the one with courage, courage to ask the questions and think on their own. Courage to be strong enough to accept that Christianity is false, courage to go against the very beliefs that were most likely forced on them since birth. Courage to stand up and take the “unpopular” view.

The Christians are the cowards, their own religion tells them they are weak and useless, that they would be drooling monkeys if it was for god/jesus pulling their puppet strings. It takes No courage, No strength to simply do what you are told. The strength and courage comes from making your own choice and in the face of adversity standing up and screaming that you are not going to conform.

Ex-Christians have done this, they have questioned their faith, their beliefs, they didn’t simply just settle for what they were told to believe and instead chose to search for truth, real truth.

Religion is a crutch for the weak, Christians cannot get thru life on their own, they are slaves to a religion based on fear. They have no courage, no strength. Their religion is proof. They are afraid to question anything in fear that their god will strike them down and send them to hell.

And that takes courage.

You believe in nothing. You have lots of questions and no answers. You have no position to defend. Yet you think you are strong. You can attack those who hold positions, yet you have none to defend or attack. Yet you think you are strong.

Anyone can hold no position. Anyone can attack a position when they have none to defend.

You have a great position in a debate. NONE. You have a strong position in a debate. NONE. In a debate, your position is strong because you have nothing to defend. You realize any moron can take no position and win in a debate. You also realize that any moron can defend no position in a debate.

Sincerity to what?

Sincerety to what? To question is the question? And those who seek questions, usually ask them.

Inspecto I invite you to the debate "Discussion on Jesus as the Messiah" in Colosseum. You can add Point #2 and more.

Necessity is the only weakness by which we live, and, left unfulfilled, we die. No one has ever died for a lack of god, and that is because god is unnecessary. Whoever considers god necessary shows his/her desire for greater weakness.

Upon what do you base this? How do you conclude that necessity is weakness?

Inspecto I invite you to the debate "Discussion on Jesus as the Messiah" in Colosseum. You can add Point #2 and more.

I posted a request for some clarification.

name='InspectoGeneral' date='Nov 8 2006, 11:59 PM' post='230536']

Note to willy-

You are much too quick to show your true intentions. You have to act sincere in order to draw the unsuspecting Christian in. Then, when they engage in a discussion because they think you really care, then you mock them and scorn what they believe. You must be strong* young one.

No can do I tried making a post ten times and I couldn't hit the reply button cause I couldn't stand how fake I sounded. You say Atheists have nothing too defend cause they don't beleave in a god. well heres an idea prove there is something they should beleave. Where is God? Who is God? What is God? Tell me I wanna know?

Guest Lucifer

Theism is for the weak.

And that takes courage.

You believe in nothing. You have lots of questions and no answers. You have no position to defend. Yet you think you are strong. You can attack those who hold positions, yet you have none to defend or attack. Yet you think you are strong.

Anyone can hold no position. Anyone can attack a position when they have none to defend.

You have a great position in a debate. NONE. You have a strong position in a debate. NONE. In a debate, your position is strong because you have nothing to defend. You realize any moron can take no position and win in a debate. You also realize that any moron can defend no position in a debate.

That is the same shit I have seen you spew throughout this entire thread, do you just copy and paste your comments? Now I realize that you are a christian and its impossible for you to have any kind of independent thought, this is apparent from your reply, but hell, you could at least try.

It seems to Me that you are the one who has no position to defend. You just keep repeating the same nonsensical rambling, but its circular at best. You just made one assumption after another, I guess in an attempt to refute what I had said and you couldn’t be more wrong.

I guess in a way you proved me correct, you come off as a frightened child trying desperately to keep reality from creeping in.

I do apologize for using so many big words, if you have trouble understanding, let me know and I’ll dumb-down any replies I make on this thread.

name='InspectoGeneral' date='Nov 8 2006, 11:59 PM' post='230536']

Note to willy-

No can do I tried making a post ten times and I couldn't hit the reply button cause I couldn't stand how fake I sounded. You say Atheists have nothing too defend cause they don't beleave in a god. well heres an idea prove there is something they should beleave. Where is God? Who is God? What is God? Tell me I wanna know?

What would you accept as proof willy?

Theism is for the weak.

And that takes courage.

That is the same shit I have seen you spew throughout this entire thread, do you just copy and paste your comments? Now I realize that you are a christian and its impossible for you to have any kind of independent thought, this is apparent from your reply, but hell, you could at least try.

It seems to Me that you are the one who has no position to defend. You just keep repeating the same nonsensical rambling, but its circular at best. You just made one assumption after another, I guess in an attempt to refute what I had said and you couldn’t be more wrong.

I guess in a way you proved me correct, you come off as a frightened child trying desperately to keep reality from creeping in.

I do apologize for using so many big words, if you have trouble understanding, let me know and I’ll dumb-down any replies I make on this thread.

That's an interesting observation. At least I post my own stuff. Everything you sy is plagerized from somewhere on this site. Every ex-Christian on here says the same thing some other one says. How 'bout some independent thought on your part? How 'bout you think for yourself as opposed to parroting the things all the other ex-Christians say.

What is your position? Or, should I ask, what does every Atheist believe?

Oh yes, and do keep the words small. Two sylables or less if you please.

I don't know about willy but I'd like something that I couldn't dismiss as an hallucination. One example is something god has already done like send a firey chariot with flying horses to pick up a christian (like elijah) and fly him off into heaven. I wouldn't dismiss it as a hallucination because a person is missing so he would be physical proof and the expierence wouldn't be my mind playing tricks on me. This task shouldn't be too hard for god because he is .....well....god!

quote name='InspectoGeneral' date='Nov 9 2006, 12:43 AM' post='230562'

For God too visit me personally and talk too me.

I'v prayed for this many times just too fall asleep in a kneeling position.

Why wont God come talk too me if he exists?

Can he not take time out of his busy schedule?

So many people here done this and God didn't say a word or show up.

quote name='InspectoGeneral' date='Nov 9 2006, 12:43 AM' post='230562'

For God too visit me personally and talk too me.

I'v prayed for this many times just too fall asleep in a kneeling position.

Why wont God come talk too me if he exists?

Can he not take time out of his busy schedule?

So many people here done this and God didn't say a word or show up.

As I suspected.

God has spoken to you willy. It is called the Bible. If you heard an audible voice, you would wonder if you were just hearing things. And after the voice was gone, you would wonder if it was real. The Bible is much better than a spoken voice. If you care to read II Peter Chapter one, it speaks to this.

I understand what you are saying, and I am not belittling what you are saying. I believe the Bible is God's Word. Essentially, God's words to man. It is the only way that God could speak to mankind.

Why would you expect God to come to you personally? Would you really believe an audible voice? Do you think that God owes you a special visit?

I don't know about willy but I'd like something that I couldn't dismiss as an hallucination. One example is something god has already done like send a firey chariot with flying horses to pick up a christian (like elijah) and fly him off into heaven. I wouldn't dismiss it as a hallucination because a person is missing so he would be physical proof and the expierence wouldn't be my mind playing tricks on me. This task shouldn't be too hard for god because he is .....well....god!

Well, you're in luck. God left an entire world here for you. All physical. Now you don't have to credit God with creating it. There are alot of people who don't get the credit for what they do. How would you feel if you did something great at work, and someone else got the credit? So, like I said, you don't have to give God the credit for it. But, if you won't give Him the credit for that, why do you think you would give Him the credit for doing anything else?

Well, you're in luck. God left an entire world here for you. All physical. Now you don't have to credit God with creating it. There are alot of people who don't get the credit for what they do. How would you feel if you did something great at work, and someone else got the credit? So, like I said, you don't have to give God the credit for it. But, if you won't give Him the credit for that, why do you think you would give Him the credit for doing anything else?

I need supernatural evidence to believe in the supernatural. I use physical evidence to believe in the physical. I would need to observe or study supernatural events manifesting themselves in the physical before I conclude that the physical world is a creation of the supernatural.

I need supernatural evidence to believe in the supernatural. I use physical evidence to believe in the physical. I would need to observe or study supernatural events manifesting themselves in the physical before I conclude that the physical world is a creation of the supernatural.

How would you observe 'supernatural' evidence? How would you verify it as supernatural?

BTW- There are physical phenomena with no physical explanation. Gravity being one. Not claiming that gravity is supernatural, just that it has no physical explanation. The weak nuclear force is another one. These are not assigned to the supernatural realm, even though there is no natural explanation.

The world could easily be the result of the supernatural. From your comments, you would have needed to be there when it was created in order to believe it was supernatural. Would you need to watch me paint a picture in order to believe I painted it?

name='InspectoGeneral' date='Nov 9 2006, 01:18 AM' post='230578']

God has spoken to you willy. It is called the Bible. If you heard an audible voice, you would wonder if you were just hearing things. And after the voice was gone, you would wonder if it was real. The Bible is much better than a spoken voice. If you care to read II Peter Chapter one, it speaks to this.

I understand what you are saying, and I am not belittling what you are saying. I believe the Bible is God's Word. Essentially, God's words to man. It is the only way that God could speak to mankind.

How do you know thats the correct one? There is lots of books written by a God? What about the Vedas or Dammapada?

Why would you expect God to come to you personally? Would you really believe an audible voice? Do you think that God owes you a special visit?

Well, he visited Moses, David and others why not me? Why can't he visit me and erase my doubts? Its all I ask why is that a hard question? If I asked you too visit me and you knew me would you say why do you owe me a visit? You'd think our heavenly father would want to visit his children.

How would you observe 'supernatural' evidence?
Well many miracles in the bible can be observed and tested under scientific scrutiny. Walking on water, ascending into heaven on clouds, spliting seas, flying chariots, healing sight with spit and dirt, are all things that can be observed. Since these events are reproducible (Jesus said he gave his believers power to work miracles) these can be easily observed.

How would you verify it as supernatural?
great question! Like you mentioned about gravity you can't call something supernatural merely because you currently have no physical explaination. Many would also say it is something outside the realm of probablity or something occuring improbable. These would include bringing a brain dead human back to life. This one is debatable because it's up to opinion whether something is outside the realm of probablity or not.

I think it can be agreed that something is supernatural when it is not bound by the laws of the physical universe. Acts like walking on water during a storm violates physics since to stay on water you would have to have the buoyancy or have a physical force strong enough to overcome the forces of water. People who claim they can do such acts can be tested by scientist to see if their claim holds water so to speak.

The world could easily be the result of the supernatural.
You are correct. It very well could be. But since the supernatural isn't commonplace or observably reoccuring then I see no reason in speculating that such forces are responsible for any act.

From your comments, you would have needed to be there when it was created in order to believe it was supernatural.
Not really. I have never seen a nebula in person but I believe it exist. I also haven't seen a giant squid in person but I believe it exist. The difference between this and supernatural events is that I can observe them, test them, study them. I can also observe the studies done by others and see if these studies are valid. I can also rely on past expierence and use that as a guide to test the claims that these subjects are indeed testable. I can look at past expierence and see that physical creates the physical. This is repeatably seen over and over again. I have no reason to conclude that the physical world was created by any other means than physical. I don't need to see the actual creation of the world to do that. I will tell you now that if I see more supernatural events creating physical things then it will be easy for me to conclude the strong probablity of a world created by supernatural events without ever seeing the world created. But again I would need more supernatural events to agree with my theory.

Would you need to watch me paint a picture in order to believe I painted it?
Based off past expierence I would know that the physical leads the creation of other physical events. Also off of past expierence I know that humans create paintings. Therefore I would conclude that it is highly probably that a human created the painting. With this knowledge I don't have to see you paint the painting at all. I merely need to hear that you claim to have created the painting. Until evidence arises that your claim is false then there is no logical reason to disbelieve that you created it. This evidence should surfice but if I wanted there are ways to test to see if you created the painting like tracking your progress, seeing if you own painting supplies, seeing if you can reproduce the painting or observing your skill at painting something else or even doing DNA test on the equipment you used. Unlike supernatural events their are methodical, observable ways of testing claims.

BTW- There are physical phenomena with no physical explanation.

So? That doesn't mean that the supernatural exists.

Upon what do you base this? How do you conclude that necessity is weakness?

We need air to breathe, otherwise we will die of suffocation. We need food to eat, otherwise we die of starvation. We are slaves to such necessities, which are then in a sense our masters, because we need them to survive and as such are our natural weaknesses.

A strength, on the other hand, is the absence of necessity, or what someone can do without. Now, suppose there were a super-human who did not need food or air to live. That would be a greater strenght, because such a person can do without more than us.

But to take on additional percieved necessities, such as TV viewing, video games, religion, and so on is not adding to strength, but compounding weakness.

I am so happy that you have come into our life. Thank Helios for you! Are you cute? Do you like boys? I understand most Xians are secretly gay. Is this true?

*sigh*

Ok Inspecto... have you put me on ignore now? If so, you're just embarassing yourself now. If not, then you are an idiot who's refusing to learn about that which you attack.

Just to repeat something...

Inspecto... if you were honest, you would admit that saying "Godidit" doesn't explain where everything came from or how life began. All it does is push the question back a bit.

Seriously... how did life begin? "Godidit" Well, how did God do it? "dunno, but Godidit"

If you have any other answer, go right ahead and let us know... because we've been waiting for a long time for some Christian to give us the answer of how life began.

Creationists claim they have the answer, but the answer they have is no answer at all...

Meanwhile, you can attack Abigenesis... but you'd need to understand it beforehand, or you'd get your ass handed to you in short order. (do you understand it?)

You could attack Evolution... but you'd need to understand it and you've already shown that you don't.

You could attack our reasons for not believing... but you'd need to know them, and understand them first.... and you've already shown that you're not interested in anything we have to say about that.

3 lines of attack there... and valid ones at that... but you don't see them.

You are blind to the possibilities, so proclaim our position for the weak. Funny how not having the answers, how having to find things out, how not having the God security blanket and how having shit loads of people despise us is for the weak.

You need to be a strong person to be an Atheist, Inspecto... but you don't understand it.

You don't understand it, so you don't even try to find out anything about it.

THAT is a weak position... and it's sad that you see it as a position of strength.

Now... I know you read it.... because you responded to it. Ok, so you responded with a faux "debate" with yourself where you demonstrated once again your total lack of understanding for Athiests and their belief (or lack thereof) before insisting that debating someone on the primary basis for a position is absurd.

As I said before... you don't even understand how to debate. :twitch:

As I said before... you don't even understand Atheists... :shrug:

As I said before... someone mentioned something about misunderstandings...

assigning me position based on your misunderstanding, only reveals your misunderstanding.

The topic of this discussion - Atheism is for the weak - couldn't be further from the truth. As Atheists we aren't boxed in by religious doctrine, or herded like sheep to believe in a supernatural power or else we will be damned.

The origin of religion lies in man's fear, suspicion and insecurity. Religion is nothing more than the fusion of (culturally accepted) moral behaviour and belief in the supernatural. Man created religion and created God/gods out of his own insecurities.

I would argue therefore that religion is for the weak. For the insecure. For the superstitious.

For the weak, such as Christians, a divine power is necessary to allay their fears, worries, anxiety, and craving. Rather than avoid problems and sort them out for themselves, they depend on external fictional supernatural powers to give them solace. A comfort blanket when things go wrong and they have no control over them.

As Atheists we (attempt to) understand the nature of our existance rationally in a realistic way.

Those who allow "faith" to crystallise in their minds cannot see other peoples' point of view because they have already established in their own minds that what they believe is the only truth.

All over the world people crowd into churches to pray to "God." They repent, do penance, and pray. But when they come out they have the same anger, craving, grudges and enmity they had before they went in.

Christians especially, claim to be "religious" and "sons of God," but their minds remain selfish and devious. How could an all powerful "God" not get his "sons" to behave after 2,000 years of spreading "his word?" Maybe he needs to watch "Super Nanny."

Perhaps he needs a better publisher? An editor? A revised "God Approved" publication?

Rational thinking and the importance of inviting criticism are the hallmark of Atheism. Not so Christianity, which will do all it can to avoid criticism, and rational thought.

For the weak, such as Christians, a divine power is necessary to allay their fears, worries, anxiety, and craving. Rather than avoid problems and sort them out for themselves, they depend on external fictional supernatural powers to give them solace. A comfort blanket when things go wrong and they have no control over them.

Well-put, Jun :)

The Xian who is so afraid of Hell and the wrath of Gawd is hardly stronger than the person who deconstructs these fearful, addictive myths and chooses to rise above them and believe otherwise. Atheist or not, those who reject the Xian terror-myths are certainly stronger than those who do not.

It takes only weakness and cowardice to debase oneself before a god one cannot even show proof of :loser: