Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

You can feel good when those who already agree with you think you win. Enjoy.

And I can feel even better when those who disagree with me think your behaviour was disgusting...

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have no position to defend. This is great for debate. You can attack the other guys position, but he can't attack your position. After all when you believe in nothing(as far as God is concerned) you have nothing to defend.

How much courage does it take to stand for nothing? None.

How much courage does it take to defend nothing? None.

How much intellect does it take to defend nothing? None.

Definitely for the weak.

Also, their attacks mainly consist of mocking the other side and asking stupid questions

Athiest logic.

I mock God, therefore there is no God.

Note: Mocking will follow this post, because its all they've got.

Also, they ask stupid questions like "Can you prove there is a God?"

Of course this is a stupid question along the line of "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Why is it a stupid quesiton? A little geometry to illustrate. In geometry you have theorems and postulates. Postulates are accepted as fact, theorems are proven. If you reject the postulates, there is nothing to prove. You can't prove postulates, they must be accepted or rejected.

God's existence must be accepted or rejected.

Feel free to mock this post, since it's all you've got.

I can see you haven't been on this site very long. You have nothing to defend because the thing you want to defend you can't find out who is? Where is? or even if it exists. You have to have something to defend. Religion is for the weak they have to depend on a bible and a preacher to tell them right from wrong, the meaning of life and they have a so called god who is like a father watching over them and guiding them. Atheists take on the world all by thereself and think for themself. God too you is kinda like your parents they take care of you, guide you and stuff. Atheists can do that on their own. Another thing to look at is Atheists are not a popular group they got to face people like you all the time critcism and prejudice. They got to face it all by themselves. You live with your imaginary parents. If you knew an adult living with there parents when they have the ability to move out and be on there own you'd call them lazy and cowardly. Atheists need no bible, no god or preacher controlling there lives. If this isn't strength I don't know what is.

That picture is priceless! Thanks for the laugh. :lmao:

You refuse to see that we have a valid point...you barely consider it. We sit and actually think about what you sayand respond. Thats your problem, you dont think. Its not that bad, really. Its actually liberating. You clearly dont have the ability to question what you believe. We do. Thats the major thing that seperates us.

So IG you are strong, then please interpret this:

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. (NAS)

when i read the first post, i have to admit, i agree with thier post in that i get the feeling when reading some posts like the more i make fun of God (or mock him) the less real it will be to me. other than that, i really didn't get the weakness/strongness point they were making. for all practicle purposes, it is probably harder to come to the descision that there is no God. because if you are wrong, it comes with serous consequences.

as far as the quote, i don't think it is stating we should be weak, but yet realize that we are weak without Jesus, who is the source of our spiritual strength.

Hell does not exist so their are no serious conseqences. Hell is supponsingly underground correct? Well onetime I heard if you dig down enough you'll endup in china how would you get passed hell? Many people drill deep in the earth for oil they never seen hell.

Spiritual strenth has nothing too do with jesus i'm sure other religions have the same experiances. Its all in your head one time you felt happy about jesus you called it spiritual strength so your programmed to think that way.

Hell does not exist so their are no serious conseqences. Hell is supponsingly underground correct? Well onetime I heard if you dig down enough you'll endup in china how would you get passed hell? Many people drill deep in the earth for oil they never seen hell.

Heh willybilly, did you ever see the video of the guy who explained Pangea by saying "the earth expanded" (like a balloon)? It's a must see if you find geology at all interesting.

You know... maybe, it did happen? Maybe all the souls that have died have gone to the middle of the earth and caused it to expand. You know, the earths magnetic core is getting weaker. Maybe that is because souls are not magnetic.

Don't laugh at me folks... I just want to make sure that all possible solutions are covered.

Mongo

That picture is priceless! Thanks for the laugh. :lmao:

You refuse to see that we have a valid point...you barely consider it. We sit and actually think about what you sayand respond. Thats your problem, you dont think. Its not that bad, really. Its actually liberating. You clearly dont have the ability to question what you believe. We do. Thats the major thing that seperates us.

Of course your point is valid. That is obvious to you. And the fact that I don't see it shows that I am inferior to you.

And of course I don't think. I don't agree with you. That is also obvious to you.

Question what I believe? That's stupid. Why would I question what I believe? What a stupid statement. Did you really imply that someone should question something that they already believe? If I already believe it, it means my questions have been answered. If you are still questioning, then you haven't believed.

(Note to self. Add that to the list of stupid questions people ask.)

Question what I believe? That's stupid. Why would I question what I believe? What a stupid statement. Did you really imply that someone should question something that they already believe? If I already believe it, it means my questions have been answered. If you are still questioning, then you haven't believed.

Why don't you take your snarky little statement and say to yourself 3 times "This statement applies to the people at ExC as well, not just me and those who believe like me. The people at ExC already believe that there is no God, their questions have been answered. What a stupid statement for me to even so much as imply that they should question what they believe when they clearly and wholeheartedly BELIEVE IT." And then leave.

You know, you really are missing the "spirit" of the law in which you claim to abide by. You have not been kind, patient, gentle, soft spoken, etc., nothing. The good people here haven't come to your turf and tried to persuade you against your beliefs but here you are happily doing so and then getting pissy with everyone who doesn't fall on their face and accept Jesus. That is so utterly pathetic. You are the epitomy of hypocrisy.

who kept saying that all we do is make fun of people and hurt their feelings.

LOL. You hurt people's feelings??? You bunch of meanies. Why can't you play nice? I guess being ex- anything makes you mean. That's why there are no ex-Marines, just former marines. Ya'll should try being former Christians, see if that helps.

BTW - Ya'll are morons. Why would anyone care what you said?? This is a MESSAGE BOARD I TELL YOU. A M-E-S-S-A-G-E B-O-A-R-D!!!!!!!!!

What does this being a message board have to do with this topic? I,m reading this topic for the second time too see if enything debatable is here I'm about too give up. Its moronic too shout Atheists are weak cause they mock god! then when they say why? ...Turn around and go you hurt my feelings. You do it over and over saying basicly the same thing you sound like a broken record.

noone actually lives their life that way. Noone on here would tell burnedout that the logical thing would be to euthanize his wife because she no longer is a productive member of society would they?

You are really insensitive to say something like that. I don't care if you was just using it as an example its still insensitive. If your god exists why don't he heal burned out's wife?what possible reason is letting someone suffer like that gonna serve? Burnedout is having a really difficult time right now and you shouldn't talk like that.

Talk about closed-minded and unable to accept the possibility that you are wrong...

The Pharisees wouldn't question either, because they they knew what they believed was correct.

Pity Jesus didn't agree with them...

By the way... you do remember that Jesus said to continually question your beliefs, don't you?

Did you really expect answers? Really? I didn't think so. If you ask better questions, you get better answers. OK, so you don't get better answers. But at least you will have the personal satisfaction of knowing that you asked better questions. And you can feel good about yourself. And isn't that what it is all about?

Actually no. This is primarily about finding some humanity and reedeming qualities in you. Because all you've shown us is how biting and heartless you can be. And it's befuddling to myself, and probably many others, how you claim to believe and follow the precepts of a loving God, and act like a priggish bastard.

Granted, not everyone on here has approached you with kindness, decency or openness. Some have been biting just as hard right back at you. But the ones who have shown civility to you are shot down just as fast as those who haven't given you a chance.

I'd also say that the reason people are still asking questions of you is they want to see if there is more to you than this callous front that we're all seeing. In that light, I'll ask you a question myself. What are you so afraid of that prevents you from showing any humility or vulnerability on this board?

This question is totally seperate from any religious beliefs. I'd like to know because I'd like to believe that you don't treat everyone you know like this. And if that is the case, then there are distinct reasons why you are acting like you are on this board.

Actually, many people acquire beliefs that have been fed into them by others. Therefore it's imperative that you question them to determine their validity for yourself. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean that you personally have done all of the leg work to prove the validity of a belief.

You guys are like the family I never wanted.....Mmmm wait .... no that's not it. NM

Speaking of people born blind. Did you know that Jesus was the first one to open the eyes of the blind? No one in the Old Testament ever open the eyes of the blind. It was a fulfillment of the prophecy in "Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

In fact, when John the Baptist asked whether Jesus was the one who should come, He responded with "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

Yet blind people are still blind, deaf still deaf, lepers still lepers and people still dead. Why don't jesus heal no days?

Actually, Jesus died on a Cross to keep you out of Hell and all you do is mock Him.

Kind of like, if your car were stuck in a ditch and I came over to pull you out. And after pulling you out of the ditch; you mocked me, threw mud at me and told people what a rotten person I was.

Even if you are ungrateful that Jesus died for you, you don't have to mock Him.

This is true compassion! yea! See god knows all and sees all so he creates people who he knew would sin. Then besides just forgiving us for being the sinners he created he has too put his son on a cross too die. Suffer and die. If you had a kid and placed a bowl of candy on a table and said don't eat it! (but you knew they would) and they did it. You say i'm gonna have to sacrifice your brother too forgive you i'm gonna put him on a cross. oh can you feel the love and compassion. pfft!

Someone who refuses to examine the reasons for their beliefs, at least once in a while, has got their head buried in the ground. They find the darkness down there "safer" then looking outside of it, and having to process all the new information that always comes our way by the act of living.

If you never question your beliefs, you will never grow and will have completely wasted your life. I'm feel quite sorry for you. What has made you so afraid of questioning something you belive?

Heh willybilly, did you ever see the video of the guy who explained Pangea by saying "the earth expanded" (like a balloon)? It's a must see if you find geology at all interesting.

You know... maybe, it did happen? Maybe all the souls that have died have gone to the middle of the earth and caused it to expand. You know, the earths magnetic core is getting weaker. Maybe that is because souls are not magnetic.

Don't laugh at me folks... I just want to make sure that all possible solutions are covered.

Mongo

I seen the video I thought pangea seperated cause of water erosion?

No body digging has found a land full of spirits yet I'm sure fox news would cover it if they did.

I live in Alabama they eat stuff like that up I come from the south were they found the leprecaun in the tree :lmao: The news will put anything on the air

Someone who refuses to examine the reasons for their beliefs, at least once in a while, has got their head buried in the ground.

Not always the ground...

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

Someone who refuses to examine the reasons for their beliefs, at least once in a while, has got their head buried in the ground.

Not always the ground...

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

Dang-it! I was gonna post that! :nono::grin:

Did you really expect answers? Really? I didn't think so. If you ask better questions, you get better answers. OK, so you don't get better answers. But at least you will have the personal satisfaction of knowing that you asked better questions. And you can feel good about yourself. And isn't that what it is all about?

Actually no. This is primarily about finding some humanity and reedeming qualities in you. Because all you've shown us is how biting and heartless you can be. And it's befuddling to myself, and probably many others, how you claim to believe and follow the precepts of a loving God, and act like a priggish bastard.

Granted, not everyone on here has approached you with kindness, decency or openness. Some have been biting just as hard right back at you. But the ones who have shown civility to you are shot down just as fast as those who haven't given you a chance.

I'd also say that the reason people are still asking questions of you is they want to see if there is more to you than this callous front that we're all seeing. In that light, I'll ask you a question myself. What are you so afraid of that prevents you from showing any humility or vulnerability on this board?

This question is totally seperate from any religious beliefs. I'd like to know because I'd like to believe that you don't treat everyone you know like this. And if that is the case, then there are distinct reasons why you are acting like you are on this board.

Actually, many people acquire beliefs that have been fed into them by others. Therefore it's imperative that you question them to determine their validity for yourself. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean that you personally have done all of the leg work to prove the validity of a belief.

Thanks for the post. I would only show vulnerability to those I trust.

'Question your beliefs' is part of the 'no definitive answer' paradign which reigns here. You know, 'to question is the answer'?

If you believe something, then your questions have been answered. Without certainty, you don't have belief, you have presumption.

You know what FUCK YOU inspectogeneral I'm so fucking sick of christians never responding too anything I say. GO Fuck Yourself! I tell you one thing atleast Atheists reply too posts that was replied to them besides avoiding them. Why don't you take that fucking bible and shove it up your ass and when it comes out it'll smell like the shit it really is. I can't help but notice no christian ever replys too my posts well i'm sick of bothering to talk too them anymore. nothing but bullshit comes out their fucking mouth anyway.

If you believe something, then your questions have been answered. Without certainty, you don't have belief, you have presumption.

Really?

You do realise that one of the meaning for presume happens to be "To take things for granted"?

You take for granted that your belief is correct.

You take for granted that your interpretation of things is correct.

You take for granted that what we post is not what we mean and that you know what we really mean.

You suffer from presumption, especially since in none of those can you have certainty.

If you have certainty that your belief is correct, you are a Pharisee. (boy, is Jesus gonna be pissed at you :HaHa: )

If you have certainty that your interpretation is correct, then you are a Pharisee. (start planning for that hot afterlife... :grin: )

If you have certainty that you know what we mean even if it's at odds to what we say, then you are Omniscient... making you God. (You want a lakeside villa, or will you be happy with a shared pool?)

The other thing is... with certainty, you DON'T have faith... and Jesus commanded you to have faith if you want to get into heaven.

So... that's a shared pool of fire, with hot and hot running devils.

Really?

You do realise that one of the meaning for presume happens to be "To take things for granted"?

You take for granted that your belief is correct.

You take for granted that your interpretation of things is correct.

You take for granted that what we post is not what we mean and that you know what we really mean.

You suffer from presumption, especially since in none of those can you have certainty.

If you have certainty that your belief is correct, you are a Pharisee. (boy, is Jesus gonna be pissed at you :HaHa: )

If you have certainty that your interpretation is correct, then you are a Pharisee. (start planning for that hot afterlife... :grin: )

If you have certainty that you know what we mean even if it's at odds to what we say, then you are Omniscient... making you God. (You want a lakeside villa, or will you be happy with a shared pool?)

The other thing is... with certainty, you DON'T have faith... and Jesus commanded you to have faith if you want to get into heaven.

So... that's a shared pool of fire, with hot and hot running devils.

You think being certain makes one a Pharisee? That explains a lot.

You think that thinking my interpretation is correct make me a Pharisee? That also explains a lot.

Since faith is based on God's word, it is not presumption. The longer I am here, the more you confirm that God's word is true.

willy-

Why would I respond to you? You already stated that you had all the answers you wanted.

You think that thinking my interpretation is correct make me a Pharisee? That also explains a lot.

Since faith is based on God's word, it is not presumption. The longer I am here, the more you confirm that God's word is true.

willy-

Why would I respond to you? You already stated that you had all the answers you wanted.

Uh...faith is always a presumption, by definition it is a belief with out evidence, if you are claiming that it is based on the bible then some people (I'm not saying who) may need evidence of that claim to believe it...you can't provide said evidence because it is highly unlikely that such evidence exists. If it did I am reasonably confident that I would have found it. If Thomas Aquinas couldn't convince me, then you sure as hell can't.

and you have it backwards, the longer you are here the more you confirm to us that Christianity is false, and you are a jerk. You, in particular, have less chance than most christians of winning a convert here.

Perhaps the reason you don't defend your faith is because you can't, by its very definition faith is logically absurd. Even Kierkegaard admitted that and he was a christian

willy-

Uh...faith is always a presumption, by definition it is a belief with out evidence, if you are claiming that it is based on the bible then some people (I'm not saying who) may need evidence of that claim to believe it...you can't provide said evidence because it is highly unlikely that such evidence exists. If it did I am reasonably confident that I would have found it. If Thomas Aquinas couldn't convince me, then you sure as hell can't.

and you have it backwards, the longer you are here the more you confirm to us that Christianity is false, and you are a jerk. You, in particular, have less chance than most christians of winning a convert here.

Perhaps the reason you don't defend your faith is because you can't, by its very definition faith is logically absurd. Even Kierkegaard admitted that and he was a christian

I don't have to prove the Bible to you, or anyone else, in order for me to believe it. And faith is based on the Bible. Presumption has no basis.

Winning a convert here? False premise? Has anyone here ever been converted to Christianity?

Well, there you go. That's why I don't defend my faith. You found me out. Wait, defend my faith? Is that like defending my love? I believe the Bible. I find it strange that you think someone would defend that. Strange indeed.

I don't have to prove the Bible to you, or anyone else, in order for me to believe it.

Of course you don't, you can believe in pinks space bunnies too, and you don't have to defend it to me in order to believe it... the belief will still be absurd either way. However, to refuse to defend it then act like you won a debate you never even had with us is ...whats the word I'm looking for...oh yeah, disingenuous.

And faith is based on the Bible. Presumption has no basis.

Right, but theren lies the problem, you have no PROOF the bible is accurate, so you presume it to be so...thats what makes your belief illogical.

Winning a convert here? False premise? Has anyone here ever been converted to Christianity?

No, but interestingly enough, christians, have come here and been deconverted :scratch: If you don't care about conversion and this is all a mental masterbation exersice for you, then why are you so angry? Why can't you have an honest converation like any decent human being? Why do you feel the need to like and obsfucate?

Well, there you go. That's why I don't defend my faith. You found me out. Wait, defend my faith? Is that like defending my love? I believe the Bible. I find it strange that you think someone would defend that. Strange indeed.

Yes, you would defend your love if someone was putting her down...at least I would. If it is worth defending then defend it...if it isn't then don't. BTW Ever heard of apologetics? the whole point of it is to study ways to defend the faith and the bible, and many christians study it closly, so its not really all that strange... the fact that you find it so, makes it seem like you are ignorant of your own religion.

Faith IS presumption.

Yes... it also shows that you don't understand the Bible either.
Since faith is based on God's word, it is not presumption.
Hmm... How do you know it's Gods word?

Let me guess... you "know" through belief/faith, yes? (and you still don't understand, do you?)

Your Faith is based on the Belief that it is Gods word and that it is true. Not based on certainty, since Faith... well...

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

Spot the problem... for Faith you rest on Illogical proof, (I'd agree with that) Immaterial evidence, (ie. evidence that doesn't exist) or on nothing but presumption.

You presume the Bible is Gods word.

You presume that the Bible is correct.

You presume that your interpretation is the right one.

Your entire worldview is based on presumption... yet you deny it. :twitch:

The longer I am here, the more you confirm that God's word is true.
Actually, I can partly agree here.

The longer you stay here, the more we can prove the Bible was right in it's discriptions of those who are Christians on the outside but spiritually dead on the inside.

In that way, and in that way only, I am confirming the Bible to be correct.