Goodbye Jesus

Let's Be Real

Dom

in all actuality dont you think its a bit crazy to call me crazy?? i mean look at it...you have two choices...accept the free gift of salvation so you can spend eternity in heaven, or dont and go to hell...ITS NOT A HARD CHOICE...and its a choice...God could have easily forced us to do what he wanted, but he gave us free will and ou have used that free will to not blieve in him...and believe it or not, there are no strings attached...if by strings attached you mean by being perfect and having the fear of God looking down at your every move waiting to condemn you then youre wrong...God actually wants you to live a prosperous and good life...its not about being perfect...He knows youre gonna mess up sometimes...he tells us about hell SO WE WONT GO THERE...its just like with children (and im not calling you guys children so dont take offense), but its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...the parent is not trying to halt their fun, or threaten them just to have control, the parent knows what dangers lie out there so they warn the child not to go there, but of course the child doenst listen and ends up getting in trouble...its not a hard concept!! :)

All of this ASSUMES that any of this is real and not a delusion of gigantic proportions, you simply ignore any posts that don't suit you, but you have provided NO evidence that any of this is real, and the site you posted if full of the same inane babbling that all apologists engage in...they only serve to answer questions of people who WANT to believe.

I'll say this clear so you can understand it,

I will NOT sacrifice my intellect on the altar of your religion.

you dont have to :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom

• Thurisaz

• Lycorth

• Dave

Top Posters In This Topic

Just answer me this question ... non-christians spend eternity in hell (in a lake of fire) and christians spend eternity in heaven. Right??

If we deserve AN ETERNITY in hell, how can someone dying on a cross whos suffering lasted less than A DAY (well maybe three days if you believe Jesus went to hell) be enough to save us from AN ETERNITY in hell? The suffering of Jesus is a drop in the ocean compared to hell.

I really don't understand how such a small sacrifice in comparison can be enough to save us from AN ETERNITY in hell?

Disclaimer: I am not saying I believe all this, I'm pretty much agnostic now.

Ok, then, you'll accept that I will never be a part of your religion then? Does that also mean you will apologize for insinuating that I am a murder?

Just answer me this question ... non-christians spend eternity in hell (in a lake of fire) and christians spend eternity in heaven. Right??

If we deserve AN ETERNITY in hell, how can someone dying on a cross whos suffering lasted less than A DAY (well maybe three days if you believe Jesus went to hell) be enough to save us from AN ETERNITY in hell? The suffering of Jesus is a drop in the ocean compared to hell.

I really don't understand how such a small sacrifice in comparison can be enough to save us from AN ETERNITY in hell?

THATS HOW MUCH HE LOVES US...God sent Jesus here to save us from that place but people still dont accept it...i keep hearing God is a digusting being but in reality whenever he inflicts punishment it is upon the wicked...i mean he sent his son in the flesh to die for us because he loved us just that much...doesnt sound like an evil God to me

Ok, then, you'll accept that I will never be a part of your religion then? Does that also mean you will apologize for insinuating that I am a murder?

i never said you were a murder but the people who follow the antichrist wil lcontribute to the killings of anyone who professes Jesus as their Savior...of course youre not a murderertake that however you want it, but im not calling you a murderer

The world would be a much better place if everyone pooped peanut butter cookies. :mellow:

i never said you were a murder but the people who follow the antichrist wil lcontribute to the killings of anyone who professes Jesus as their Savior...of course youre not a murderertake that however you want it, but im not calling you a murderer

so I guess thats a no....

All you had to say is "no I won't apologize to you" you don't have to pretty up your disdain for me, just be honest about it...you think I'm an evil follower of the antichrist who will kill you as soon as I get a chance....you said it , now deal it with instead of backtracking and pretending you didn't say what you said.

its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...the parent is not trying to halt their fun, or threaten them just to have control, the parent knows what dangers lie out there so they warn the child not to go there, but of course the child doenst listen and ends up getting in trouble...its not a hard concept!! :)

Hell is nothing like that, not even close. Parents don't usually set up areas for their teenagers that resemble a torture chamber and then say "ok Johnny, even though I love you and I don't want you to be tortured, i've created a torture chamber specifically to torture you in if you don't do what I say". What parent purposely creates a torture chamber to torture their kids in because they didn't behave? Well if Jehoover was a parent, that would be him :twitch:

THATS HOW MUCH HE LOVES US...God sent Jesus here to save us from that place but people still dont accept it...i keep hearing God is a digusting being but in reality whenever he inflicts punishment it is upon the wicked...i mean he sent his son in the flesh to die for us because he loved us just that much...doesnt sound like an evil God to me

sorry pal, that wasn't what I was getting at at all. I just don't understand how the punishment that Jesus endured can possibly be enough to save us from something that is millions greater in comparison. A mere 9 hours on the cross (or however long it was, I really can't remember) and bam! You have a free ticket to heaven. It just doesn't add up to me. Have you got any answers to this?

The world would be a much better place if everyone pooped peanut butter cookies. :mellow:

Sweet Fwee! How are you? You came out of your hole! I miss you ya know. :)

in all actuality dont you think its a bit crazy to call me crazy?? i mean look at it...you have two choices...accept the free gift of salvation so you can spend eternity in heaven, or dont and go to hell...ITS NOT A HARD CHOICE...

Again, a free gift doesn't have strings attached. It's not handed down with threats of punishment for not accepting it. I don't threaten people to whom I give presents on their birthdays, I just give it and be glad. That's a free gift, not demanding they accept it and love it and so forth.

You may not realize it, but Xianity requires that one enters into an abusive relationship. How? Well, it's just like a woman being married to an abusive man who makes threatening demands, never fullfills his promises, believes she's nothing without him, claims to love yet acts with hate, and can't even show up when he's needed. The Xian religion says we are nothing without Jebus, Jebus never shows up when it would facilitate greater faith in him, Jebus never answers prayers, and Jebus threatens us with hell for not believing in him.

That's an abusive relationship and no sane person wants any part of that once they realize it. Think about what you're pushing.

and its a choice...God could have easily forced us to do what he wanted, but he gave us free will and ou have used that free will to not blieve in him...and believe it or not, there are no strings attached...if by strings attached you mean by being perfect and having the fear of God looking down at your every move waiting to condemn you then youre wrong...

Yes, that is another string. God demands perfection, which no human is capable of. It's a ready-made recipe for failure.

God actually wants you to live a prosperous and good life...

That's a lie. Where in the Babble does God say that he wants us to do anything other than worship and glorify him?

its not about being perfect...He knows youre gonna mess up sometimes...

Another lie. In Matthew 5:48, Jebus says "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." And if we "mess up" then we go to Hell. Real loving.

he tells us about hell SO WE WONT GO THERE...

Why tell us about it? Why not just do away with Hell, sin, and the Devil? Only an insane god would play games of belief and disbelief with the creations he supposedly loves.

its just like with children (and im not calling you guys children so dont take offense), but its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...the parent is not trying to halt their fun, or threaten them just to have control, the parent knows what dangers lie out there so they warn the child not to go there, but of course the child doenst listen and ends up getting in trouble...its not a hard concept!! :)

If the parent could eradicate the "dangerous place" you can be sure the parent would. You're not a parent, so I'm sure you don't understand. But it's not hard to see that a god with all the power to destory evil yet permits it to exist is not a loving god but rather a cruel one.

God simply doesn't exist - it's not a hard concept.

Sweet Fwee! How are you? You came out of your hole! I miss you ya know. :)
Hi, S.

I've been busy workin' funny hours'n stuff. Plus, I just got back from two weeks of vacation time. Not much fun.

Glad that's over with...

I don't believe in the antichrist and have no intention of following him even if he was real. Who is the antichrist anyway? When i was going through my breakdown, i briefly had delusions that i was going to be the antichrist. I also always ended up at parts of the bible which suggested I was going to murder someone. No kidding. Strange what religion does to you.

Now, I have to say, I think all of that is a load of garbage.

Welcome back, Fwee! :wave:

Am I the only one who reads that dude's name as Dumb instead of Dom (dawm) ? :shrug:

its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...the parent is not trying to halt their fun, or threaten them just to have control, the parent knows what dangers lie out there so they warn the child not to go there, but of course the child doenst listen and ends up getting in trouble...its not a hard concept!! :)

Hell is nothing like that, not even close. Parents don't usually set up areas for their teenagers that resemble a torture chamber and then say "ok Johnny, even though I love you and I don't want you to be tortured, i've created a torture chamber specifically to torture you in if you don't do what I say". What parent purposely creates a torture chamber to torture their kids in because they didn't behave? Well if Jehoover was a parent, that would be him :twitch:

I think you hit the nail on the head there, sir. Well said.

Thanks, dude. :HaHa:

You know, back in the day, I used to have so much fun completely derailing and threadjacking threads much like (exactly like, actually) this one. :scratch:

You know, back in the day, I used to have so much fun completely derailing and threadjacking threads much like (exactly like, actually) this one. :scratch:

sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, i'm enjoying this thread while it lasts so don't completely derail it will you?

I think you hit the nail on the head there, sir. Well said.

Thank you :)

I've heard that same fallacy used to explain hell so many times I think I lost count!

sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, i'm enjoying this thread while it lasts so don't completely derail it will you?
Okay, I'll try to go easy on it. :scratch:

If you ever get a chance (and you have the money) go to Oprah Winfrey's website and get the recipe there for Pomegranate Martini's.

They are freakin' to-die-for!!!! :woohoo:

Jesus didn't die for the sins of the world. He died for a Pomegranate Martini! :woohoo:

Lol! Anyways I must go to bed now. It is my last day in my current job tomorrow so hopefully I'll be receiving a nice send off plus some music vouchers. Will be going into town later tomorrow and may end up getting pi$$ed and will be staying up late, hence I need a bit of sleep.

Goodnight everyone and take care.

in all actuality dont you think its a bit crazy to call me crazy??

Once upon a time I was just like you. I don't think you're crazy. I think you're deceived and brainwashed, just like I was.

i mean look at it...you have two choices...accept the free gift of salvation so you can spend eternity in heaven, or dont and go to hell...ITS NOT A HARD CHOICE...
Again, a free gift doesn't come with strings.

he tells us about hell SO WE WONT GO THERE...its just like with children (and im not calling you guys children so dont take offense), but its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...

With one BIG difference... Sane parents don't create dangerous situations and then make it likely their children will fall into that situation and get hurt.

Let me ask you something Dom: What percentage of people in the world would you estimate are truly saved?

No I DONT TAKE JOY IN SEEING YOU GO TO HELL,

Why don't you read the first five books of your bible and tell me where, in over that supposed thousand plus year time-frame, that there is one warning of eternal punishing. Good luck. You'll be hard pressed to find anything regarding eternal life in heaven either. The OT is about EARTHLY blessings, an EARTHLY messiah. People still live, die, marry, etc....according to the OT.

Not one warning regarding eternal torment was given to Adam, Eve, Jacob, Joshua, Abraham, Isaac, or Moses.

You'll begin to find a bit here and there later in the OT but then in the NT it really gets hit home upon. It is a story, it builds and builds upon other myths. How sad that you would think that a loving creature would make such a dreaded place of punishment simply because it doesn't get its own way; how petty, how silly, how totally manlike...which is the reason we can tell that the bible was written by men and men only.

BUT its A FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE...
When I give a gift it is done with total love, without any conditions and I don't take them back when someone treats me in a manner that I don't approve of...is not god better than a mere human?

if you truly read the bible with the understanding you are supposed to, then you will see you are not bound to being perfect...

It was by reading and understanding the bible in whole that brought me complete freedom from the grasp of Christianity and a belief in a god no different than other myths.

how petty, how silly, how totally manlike...which is the reason we can tell that the bible was written by men and men only.

HEY! This sounds kinda sexist.

Is this a female's way of saying - "Don't Blame us for this mess" ?

:HaHa: