Goodbye Jesus

Let's Be Real

Dom

in all actuality dont you think its a bit crazy to call me crazy?? i mean look at it...you have two choices...accept the free gift of salvation so you can spend eternity in heaven, or dont and go to hell...ITS NOT A HARD CHOICE...and its a choice...God could have easily forced us to do what he wanted, but he gave us free will and ou have used that free will to not blieve in him...and believe it or not, there are no strings attached...if by strings attached you mean by being perfect and having the fear of God looking down at your every move waiting to condemn you then youre wrong...God actually wants you to live a prosperous and good life...its not about being perfect...He knows youre gonna mess up sometimes...he tells us about hell SO WE WONT GO THERE...its just like with children (and im not calling you guys children so dont take offense), but its like when parents tell their teenagers dont go to a certain place because its dangerous...the parent is not trying to halt their fun, or threaten them just to have control, the parent knows what dangers lie out there so they warn the child not to go there, but of course the child doenst listen and ends up getting in trouble...its not a hard concept!! :)

I for one, would rather proudly choose hell then bow a knee a sick bastard like your god. How many parents do you know that if their child did something they told them not to would burn them alive? If they did, they'd be considered child abusers and murderers of the worst sort. You seem to also gloss over the fact that according to your bible it is your god that created hell in the first place!

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dom

• Thurisaz

• Lycorth

• Dave

Top Posters In This Topic

Becoming a born-again Christian usually entails the following:

1. A person is consciously or sub-consciously concerned with the direction of his or her life.

2. The person is, in some manner, exposed to the born again teaching:

A. All humans have sinned and are therefore sinners.

B. That the bible is the word of God and it states that sinners cannot go to heaven and will suffer some sort of spiritual death forever

C. God has, however, provided a way for the sinner by placing the guilt of the sinner on his son, Jesus Christ, who came to the earth as a human and took the sins of all humanity on himself by suffering death by crucifixion.

3. The individual is strongly encouraged to "accept" this sacrifice by Jesus, and ask God to forgive his past sins. When the person does this, God grants them forgiveness and they may now enter into heaven or God's presence when he dies. He is taught that he is a "new person" or a "new creature" and that the spirit of Jesus Christ is imparted to them, something he/she didn't have before. The person is now a "spiritual" being as well as a human being.

The "new" Christian is encouraged to become involved with others who have like beliefs. Once other Christians become aware that the person has become "saved" or "born again", they encourage them to attend fundamentalist churches. The attendance allows the new Christian to be exposed to other Christians who then begin their indoctrination and conditioning of the new Christian.

The new Christian is encouraged to attend classes and fraternize only with those who hold the same beliefs. Scripture is used to reinforced these ideas. The new Christian is then 'trained' in the ways of the Lord according to the beliefs of their particular church.

Let's examine the problems with this "salvation" perscription, shall we:

The new Christian usually has very little or even no knowledge of the bible, its origins and/or the history of the church when they make their committment. Yet, they have chosen to base their entire life on the contents of a book of which they know very little or nothing. They are now being very subtly trained by Christians who were once in the same boat as the new Christian. They teach what they have been taught by the Christians who were before them, who were taught by the Christians who were before them, and on and on.

The knowledge handed down is allegedy "bible based" and "scriptural", when in fact, it is what they have been taught and decided to accept as true.

The real truth is that the bible is a compendium of books by different authors from different time periods. It describes a biblegod who, during the Passover, killed innocents such as infants and old men and women. It describes him as "repenting" or changing his previous committments as he pleases. It contains contradictions, inconsistencies, and errors. It sometimes describes God as a singular entity and sometimes as having more than one personality.

Much of the bible is borrowed from earlier, ancient religions. Many of the names and incidents are strikingly similar. One needs only observe the present day Christian holidays to verify this truth. Easter is of Pagan origin. Christmas was celebrated by older religions centuries before Christianiity.

Although Jesus never referred to his miraculous birth, Christians claim he was born of a virgin. The "evidence" is supported only in the gospels of Luke and Matthew. It is not supported in any historical work. There are, however, other virgin births in other ancient religions similar to the one described in the bible.

When confronted with scientific evidence that a virgin birth is difficult, if not impossible, the born-again response is usually "God did it". Born-again Christians, on the other hand, will not accept a response from a non-believer which may be superstitious in nature. Any phenomena which occurs outside of Bible teachings is usually attributed to Satan, demons or just plain "evil".

While we know that a human must have oxygen to live and that the digestive juices in a whale's stomach will deteriorate metal, the bible teaches us that Jonah lived in a fish's belly for three days and survived.

Again, the Christian response is usually "God did it!" which is, of course, an entirely inadequate response.

It is important to know that Christianity invented sin. So, Christianity offers to "fix" it so the sinner can go to heaven. Its sort of like having someone punch you in the eye and then sell you ice to keep the swelling down.

The bible is simply not a book to be trusted to guide one's life. Born-again Christians are simply not accurate or knowledgable with their teachings about salvation, born-againism, etc. They only parrot what they've been taught. What they've been taught is incorrect, inaccurate and unproven, but they insist on spreading their falsehoods to others for what they think is their own good.

how petty, how silly, how totally manlike...which is the reason we can tell that the bible was written by men and men only.

HEY! This sounds kinda sexist.

Is this a female's way of saying - "Don't Blame us for this mess" ?

:HaHa:

Well :close: ????? :D

Okay, okay to be PC...humanlike.

THATS HOW MUCH HE LOVES US...God sent Jesus here to save us from that place but people still dont accept it...i keep hearing God is a digusting being but in reality whenever he inflicts punishment it is upon the wicked...i mean he sent his son in the flesh to die for us because he loved us just that much...doesnt sound like an evil God to me

Um yeah, like human sacrifice sure sounds as if it isn't evil and disgusting! Come on, the entire idea of someone who is supposed to be sacrificed in order to appease a god reeks of evil no matter how you slice it. The entire concept of Jesus being sacrificed I find sickening and utterly disgusting. If your god was such a good god and the creator of all, then surely he could have just forgiven everyone without the need for all the bloodshed and ritualized murder?

P.S. Dom, I like how you continue to ignore the questions posed to you!

lol it doesnt matter if people leave or dont convert...if we tell them the gospel and they dont want to hear it.....

We've already heard it and rejected it on the basis that it is a lie. Your god and your religion are lies. People leave your religion because they are tired of the lies and tired of lying to themselves and others.

.....its so amazing the vibe i get on here...so full of hate...the language and insults....

Interesting, you are trying to push your superstition on us and we are rejecting it and you claim we are insulting you. As explained before, you are the insulting one.

in all actuality dont you think its a bit crazy to call me crazy??

Yes, it is crazy. You are more psychotic than crazy. You need help, serious help. Since this god of yours does not exist, claiming that we are going to go to hell or to heaven means nothing since those places don't exist either. The only hell there is is in your little mind. When you see a psych, have him or her test you for Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

Um yeah, like human sacrifice sure sounds as if it isn't evil and disgusting! Come on, the entire idea of someone who is supposed to be sacrificed in order to appease a god reeks of evil no matter how you slice it. The entire concept of Jesus being sacrificed I find sickening and utterly disgusting. If your god was such a good god and the creator of all, then surely he could have just forgiven everyone without the need for all the bloodshed and ritualized murder?

Not to mention that most Christians believe that God is Jesus and therefore God did indeed, sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself. God sure is an attention whore!

Madame M: Wish I could so thoughtfully express my thoughts on this as well as you. Nicely done.

I left because of a number of things.

1. I read the entire Bible.

2. I could not worship a cruel tyrant who tortures people forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...well, you get my point.

3. There was no proof outside church propaganda of the Christian god's existence, or any of the other Judeo-Christian deities. There's no proof that Yahweh or Allah exist either outside of religious propaganda.

4. Christianity is way too similar to a lot of pagan religions (such as Mithraism and Zorastrianism) for it to be a coincidence. You should google those religions and see what comes up. I'm not going to post a comparison chart here because other people have already done it.

5. You do realize that there is scientific evidence that homosexuality is genetic? Google it and see what comes up. Again, I'm not doing homework for you, but it's been pretty much proven. Christians just bury their heads in the sand because they're afraid of being wrong.

Now, if homosexuality is genetic and a god tortures people forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever simply for having been born differently...not that he doesn't anyway because people born in other regions of the world and raised in other religions are supposedly tortured forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever simply for having been born in the wrong part of the world, but suppose the scientists are right and it is genetic...would that not be horribly, terribly, tyrannical and diabolical? Can you see why many of us do not wish to follow such a being?

Even if the Christian god was proven scientifically to exist, I would not worship him because of the eternal torture. I would NEVER follow any being like that. I could not. It is unethical and I will not bow down to such an evil, tyrannical being. I would rather die first.

Now if you encounter a "christian" who acts like this, then they are not a christian.

I hope I myself didnt sound condeming.

Can youpoint out my insults?? I'm sorry for them. But can anyone on this board reply without insulting me??

I can reply without insulting you. You claim to be a Christian, but you are not educated enough to realize that you are actually a Paulist, a follower of Pauline Christianity invented by "the Apostle" Paul. This brand of Christianity was manufactured by Paul and Emperor Constantine and the early Roman Church, and it was, is and always has been strictly political and materialistic - it is about power and control.

The teachings of Jesus were carried on by his brothers, especially James, and these Jewish Christians were wiped out by the more powerful Paulists. Pauline Christianity has hardly anything to do with Jesus, who was a Jew and not a Christian.

Damn...now who am I going to worship? I can't worship monsters! ;)

There you go. Taking things out of context again.

You don't understand deep spiritual truths because you're obviously in the flesh.

:HaHa:

There is some flesh around here that I would definitely like to be in, but I'm probably out of context. By the way, if you take things out of context, how do you put them back in?

I decided to go back to living according to biblical principles.

Just last week my son called me an asshole for selling my daughter to the man who raped her. So I shot him.

I hope you shot him with stones. I wouldn't want you to burn in hell because you carried out God's justice incorrectly.

WOW, Thanks! I thought that was Scones. When I did the same thing as Mythra, my son said "Dad, why are you hitting me with biscuits?"

Hey Dom... I didn't insult you and you didn't answer my post.

:scratch:

My feelings are hurt. :(

Hey Dom... I didn't insult you and you didn't answer my post.

:scratch:

My feelings are hurt. :(

You left because you say its easier to just not believe in anything, well thats true.
I have never heard any atheist or ex-believer say anything of this sort. Not directly, not indirectly, not implied, not outright, ever.

I have not read anything of this sort in this thread, either. Nor do I recall reading it in any extimony here.

Unless you can quote exactly where you heard/read this, you must be making it up. I.e., you must be lying.

Therefore, until you can support your assertion, you are a liar. (If I may borrow Bad Apologist Logic™.)

Sorry but you will go to hell whether you believe in it or not. You dont bleieve in God and you wont accept his savation for life, thats exactly what youll get when you die so dont be surprised.

Since you are a liar, there is no reason to believe anything you have to say. Including your mouth-foaming rants about hellfire and brimstone.

Thanks for the amusement! Don't let the door bang you on the ass on your way out.

Dom, none of the possibilities in your original post apply to me.

- I was christened as an infant, without my consent.

- I read a picture-version of the Bible when I was about six years old. Even then it sounded like fiction and nothing more.

- I recognized at about age seven and a half that religion was a useful tool for scaring the masses into submission.

- I went to Sunday School for a couple of months at age eight, but only because my best friend attended. Found it boring and dropped out.

- At age eleven I had a mystical vision and "saw" the end of time. No gods there.

-At age twelve I turned down a parental suggestion that I get confirmed in the church. It seemed rather silly to me, as none of my family actually attended church and I myself had no belief in the Biblical god.

- I am completely unmoved by the saga of Jesus.

- I consider Original Sin to be slander against humanity.

- And I have never uttered the Sinner's Prayer and do not expect to do so in this lifetime.

I do have a vivid and exciting spiritual life, however. I like small-g gods rather than omni-everything big-G Gods. In my imagination I've chatted with representatives of several pantheons and am on very good terms with the Æsir and Vanir in particular. In fact, because of my Scandinavian ancestry I consider myself a direct descendant of {whoever or whatever the Norse gods are}.

And, because of my ancestry, I hold one Hel of a big grudge against Christianity for its abuse of the northern peoples. Let's just say that all of Christendom owes my family weregild, and leave it at that.

Guest Gooneybird

The question has been posited as to Dom's age.

In prayer I asked Benny Hinn to ask Jesus about it and have been told that Dom is exactly 54 years old.

Happy birthday, Dom.

Poor guy .. he came in with good intentions of leading us (sheep that have gone astray) back to Christ. I'm sure he won't be the last person to do this. I love it when we put these christian viewpoints to the sword.

Dom, are you going to answer our questions? Have you read them?

I hope that someday you come to realise that is not true that we are evil human beings who have been deceived by Satan. Neither are we fulfilling that biblical prophecy that you mentioned. :beg: And to say that we are is an insult to our humanity.

You see, Christianity has SOOOOO many holes, contradictions etc not to mention the fact that it may not be real at all, that for us it became untenable. Quite frankly I am amazed that so many people remain christians because if they REALLY examined their faith and REALLY examined the bible, there would be a lot less christians in the world today.

lol it doesnt matter if people leave or dont convert...if we tell them the gospel and they dont want to hear it, then all we can do is pray...i hope you see the light and SOON...if you dont well thats your decision and deal with the consequences...people say their prayers werent answered, well i have reason to believe they werent true chrisitans in the first place living it...and yes im assuming here that a lot of people confessed the prayer and everything but never lived it, then prayed to God and wondered why it didnt come to pass when they were still out in the world doing their thing without relationship to him...if you dont have relationship YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to ask for anything...how would i look asking a person on the street who i didnt know for ten dollars?? but i know i could ask my family members because I HAVE RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM :woohoo: ...oh yeah score one for me baby!! lol

Wow, another Ann Coulter Christian! What is so funny Dom, is I know you don't have the guts to speak to anyone here in person like the way you do on this forum. I know your kind; just a chickenshit cocksucker who's a scared little man inside. You sound like my cousin, a big mouthed 'hardcore motherfucker for Jesus'. Do you have the cool faddish Christian stickers on your car? You know, 'Turn or Burn', 'Know Christ, know Peace. No Christ, no Peace', ect...?

Dom’s entire post series…”lol, haha, I know the BIG GOD, lol, I have PROOF, lol, you are going to hell, lol, I’m such a TC, lol, haha. Jesus rocks, your faith sucks, I’m going to Heaven, lol, ha ha ha!” And who’s the idiot?

Hey Dom...fuck you, fuck your family, and fuck the idea you even exist. Anytime asshole, I live in Plano Texas. Come talk that trash to my face. Some of my friends here may think I am being a bit aggressive; it's because they have manners and respect, and some of them still have tried to respect you even after your stupid, abusive statements; you cry that you are treated badly? Read you own posts. Oh that’s right, you are too busy blathering on and on. You are nothing but garbage that incessantly pukes religious vomit.

Go suck a dick, 'Christian'. The only fool here is you, and your false humility and 'suffering' is a joke.

Shawn

"I love God. He's so deliciously evil."

- Stewie Griffin

and whats wrong with that...i love science and im interested in it, but i perfectly believe that science is the how part to how God did things...you really think something as complex as DNA was just made by nature??

Wow, I feel kinda lucky. I asked one of the 3 or 4 questions that he actually tried to answer.

With that answer, how do you handle it when science and God disagree? For many years people believed, and some still do, that the Earth is flat because the Bible describes it that way. Science has proven that incorrect. For years people believed, and some still do, that the Earth is 6,000 years old because the Bible says, or can be interpreted to say, that it is. Science has proven that incorrect. So when your interest in science and faith in God collide, which one wins?

I do want to add that I respect your view of science being how God does things. That is much more liberal and accepting of other views than many Christians I've met. Not that I agree, but I do respect it.

well i dont have time to sit here and answer all of your wonderful questions, but youve only got a short time before the stuff hits the fan and i hate to see you all deceived......

Typical. You are the one that came here and lied to us. You are the deceiver. It's obvious you're not replying to any of the questions is because you can't answer them. You're leaving because you found out that we know our stuff and were not the easy push overs you expected.

So typical indeed. Morontheist learns what its führer claims are the rules of the conversion game. Morontheist runs off, finds this site, thinks (Ha!) "Gee, what a horde of victims lost souls to convert! My führer will be soooo proud of me!"

Into the arena it jumps... and immediately learns that its foes play by different rules. And then the coup de grace: It is shown precisely why the rules taught to it are total bullshit.

So off it runs, back to the führer, crying that "Dem rules sey that I win audomadically! Dem ebil ones unfair!". Then, perhaps the führer tells it, perhaps it starts to believe on its own, that dem ebil ones are just mad at it because it told dem the truth. And so the mad circle of the self-perpetuating delusion continues.

At first when debating with these zombies I searched for something valid. Then for something honest. And finally for at least something new. Guess what I found... well, you know it of course.

Is anyone suprised by this latest Xtian? I'm not. Same ole drivel we heard 100 times before.

Just 100 times? Square that and you begin to come close to the facts... :banghead:

lol...sure to everybody who thinks i left because i cant answer questions.if you went to the website i posted, all your questions will be answered.

We know why you left for a while. You reported back to your führer and received confirmation that your cookie-cutter bullshit phrases are The Truth and that it's "them ebil unbelievers" who are wrong by default.

I see how it works around here. Am I supposed to sit here and answer every single post when you wont even give me a chance to answer?

You asked for it. Now live with it.

By the way, how could we keep you from answering, eh? Oh well, of course, by banning you... but somehow I have the impression that this hasn't happened yet :scratch:

I make a good point that makes sense, you result to saying pointless insults which answer nothing.

This phrase corrected:

I make a shitty point that was refuted a thousand times already (while simply ignoring the refutations as if that would magically make my bullshit true somehow), you result to giving me the beating I deserve

Want to stay with the facts, don't we? :pureevil: