Goodbye Jesus

Prove that Christian God is the Creator and...

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

I'm anxiously awaiting some "logical" answers. BTW..."God has always just been..." will not work. When I was a fundy I used that one on my 10 year old son, he didn't buy it. I then tired to force him to accept it by faith, however, he still was not willing to accept it.

So please, logical answers only, and please stay on topic/. Do not turn this around to disprove evolution, etc. Thanks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

I'm anxiously awaiting some "logical" answers.  BTW..."God has always just been..." will not work.  When I was a fundy I used that one on my 10 year old son, he didn't buy it.  I then tired to force him to accept it by faith, however, he still was not willing to accept it.

So please, logical answers only.

But "God has always just been" IS a logical answer...

Logical for anyone who has less intelligence than your average doorknob, that is. :HaHa:

LOL CT.

Yes, but is it the Christian God?  Which God(s) is the creator?  We have Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, Jewish, Islamic, Christian (hijack of Jewish god), etc.  Was it a male god or gods, or female goddess or goddesses? 

Can a Christian "prove" that the Christian God is the "Creator"?

Well, yes...

The proof that it's the Christian God is that it is the Christian God. It must be since if you're a Christian, all the rest are false Gods created by Satan to tempt people away from God, and since they're false, they don't exist so they couldn't be the Creator.

Who needs Christians to answer this? I'm doing a perfect job myself. :grin:

And let's not forget my personal favorite...

"God doesn't have a creator, because if he did, he wouldn't be God."

Love circular logic.

What?  No Christian takers?  Could it be because there is no proof????

There is proof, but you need to be brainwashed into denying reality before you can see it...

Of course there's no proof... If there was proof, there'd be no faith and without faith, there'd be no Christianity. (not a bad thing, in my opinion :HaHa: )

CT...you are funny.  But you must not know about the IPU and it's followers, we believe that those who believe in the Christian god are the ones being led by satan and his destructive angels from the truth. ;-)

Ah, but the IPU is created by Satan to lead you from the path of righteousness.

Repent from your belief in the lies of Satan and join the Christians in their glorification of an idol. (or just chuck another baby on the barbie... I'm getting hungry :grin: )

Ah, but the IPU is created by Satan to lead you from the path of righteousness.

Repent from your belief in the lies of Satan and join the Christians in their glorification of an idol. (or just chuck another baby on the barbie... I'm getting hungry :grin: )

No, the Invisible Pink Unicorn CREATED Satan and these other minor gods on the orders of the almighty Invisible Blue Unicorn who of course leads the pantheon of Invisible Unicorns.

No, the Invisible Pink Unicorn CREATED Satan and these other minor gods on the orders of the almighty Invisible Blue Unicorn who of course leads the pantheon of Invisible Unicorns.

But that's only true if you believe it's true... As a Christian, such a belief is evidently false as MY God says so.

So there. :cunn:

Yes, but is it the Christian God?  Which God(s) is the creator?  We have Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, Jewish, Islamic, ...

...Norse...!

(Sorry, couldn't resist :fdevil: )

I'm anxiously awaiting some "logical" answers.  BTW..."God has always just been..." will not work.  When I was a fundy I used that one on my 10 year old son, he didn't buy it.  I then tired to force him to accept it by faith, however, he still was not willing to accept it.

So please, logical answers only, and please stay on topic/.  Do not turn this around to disprove evolution, etc.  Thanks.

God has been around since before time began. Quite obviously, the world is not infinitely old... and any scientist will tell you that. At some point, something had to happen for everything begin. According to the Big Bang, the universe was created as a result of an explosion that hurled matter in all directions. But just where, do scientists think, that this matter came from?! Christians propose that God created the universe.

Nobody created God, God has always existed. If he was created, then he wouldnt be God now would he?

" In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. " Genesis 1:1-2

God was there at the beginning, God was there before the beginning. No scientific proof can exist, as the date would be too many years back. And science did not even exist before the creation of the world, so how can it be used to judge whether or not God was always there?

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?

Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,

or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together

and all the angels [a] shouted for joy? "

-Job 38:4-7

Job questioned God's infinite wisdom, and God questioned right back.

What makes the Christian god The one and true god???  IF there is a god your god cannot be proven anymore than the Egyptian gods/goddesses, mithra, or the IPU (sorry guys).  What makes you god so special??

He wrote a best seller. :lmao:

But just where, do scientists think, that this matter came from?!  Christians propose that God created the universe.

Nobody created God, God has always existed.  If he was created, then he wouldnt be God now would he?

You are really just too funny. You somehow find it hard to conceive that simple matter could have always existed but then you take a quantum leap forward and propose that some intelligent being did always exist? You refuted your god argument with your matter argument (not that your circular reasoning was lognically sound to begin with) and you didn't even realize it. :lmao:

Please please please read everything on this forum that you can before opening your mouth Aaryn. Right now you are just repeating old arguments that have been droned to us many many times before and it tends to make the natives restless (and annoyed).

I really hate seeing newcomers getting smashed just because they couldn't take the time to read a bit before inserting their opinion. Please take this advice Aaryn. Read. Then think. And then speak.

God has been around since before time began.

Right, just stop right there and tell us why you didn't read what Thankful posted.

In case you missed it, here's the relevant part...

I'm anxiously awaiting some "logical" answers.  BTW..."God has always just been..." will not work.

Would you like to try another answer... preferably one that's not ALREADY been dismissed?

God has been around since before time began.
That statement.... makes... no... sense!!! :crazy:

How can something exist before time begins? How can there be a "before time"?

Aaryn101,

Welcome to our fruit salad forum! We've got peaches, apples, oranges, and grapes. By this I mean we have athiests, pagans, deists, and agnostics. All our different flavors come together to create this forum!

We have some nuts too! Adds crunch.

I'm sure you mean well, but what proof do you have of the christian god? All you have is a tome of books whose authors are not all verified, writing about events that supposedly happened 50 to 200 years (depending on the book) prior to pen being put to paper to document it.

In case you weren't sure, it's the bible I'm talking about.

Don't quote verses from an unproven book as proof of your version of god. We could just as easily do the same with any other fictional novel.

God has been around since before time began.  Quite obviously, the world is not infinitely old... and any scientist will tell you that.  At some point, something had to happen for everything begin.  According to the Big Bang, the universe was created as a result of an explosion that hurled matter in all directions.  But just where, do scientists think, that this matter came from?!  Christians propose that God created the universe.

Nobody created God, God has always existed.  If he was created, then he wouldnt be God now would he?

And let's not forget my personal favorite...

"God doesn't have a creator, because if he did, he wouldn't be God."

Love circular logic.

Did you miss that?!

God was there at the beginning, God was there before the beginning.  No scientific proof can exist, as the date would be too many years back.  And science did not even exist before the creation of the world, so how can it be used to judge whether or not God was always there?

Special pleading. PROVE YOUR GOD EXISTS AND CREATED THE WORLD OR YOU CONCEDE.

Threaten me, boy, and I'll threaten right back.

You're on the fast track to being really hated.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?

Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Who stretched a measuring line across it?

Aaryn: you're not off to a real shiny start here, quoting scripture at us. We've all been there and done that, and we can blow whatever you quote out of the water.

For instance, your quotes here. In other scriptures, God also refers to the "circle" of the earth. NOT the "sphere" of the earth. God had it wrong.

Galileo was hung up by his scrotal sac for trying to show the earth was a ball. (by Christians who were convinced - by the Bible - that it was more like a pizza.)

Prove to me beyond a doubt that evolution is correct. And as for the Christian God being the one true God, there is much to be said.

First, as many of you know, the Bible contains many many prophecies. Over half of those prophecies have been fulfilled, to the exact detail. I'm not joking, google it yourself if you dont believe me. These prophecies were all given to man by the Christian's God, so why dont you just try and show me any Hindu prophecies that have come true?

If you were to research early Egypt, at the time when the Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews and were still a powerful nation, you would find references of the disasters... that correlate almost exactly to the biblical accounts in Exodus.

Judaism and the worship of Jehovah dates back at least 4000 years from the present time, as it was the religion of the ancient Israelites.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsourc...y/timeline.html

http://www.uri.org/kids/world_juda_basi.htm

[EDIT]

Here are some resources on the biblical prophecies:

http://www.100prophecies.org/

http://www.bible.ca/b-prophecy-60.htm

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/

Prove to me beyond a doubt that evolution is correct.  And as for the Christian God being the one true God, there is much to be said

I'll just take this part.....the others can have the rest of your post. Evolution does not disprove the existence of god.....so what relevance does proving evolution correct have in terms of this debate?

What is it with you christians who think that god and evolution cannot BOTH be true? Evolution is a PROCESS. A.K.A - How god did it.

In no way does evolution displace the possibility of god. I believe in god.....I don't believe in religion. Especially your bi-polar paranoid schitzophrenic one.

I'll just take this part.....the others can have the rest of your post. Evolution does not disprove the existence of god.....so what relevance does proving evolution correct have in terms of this debate?

What is it with you christians who think that god and evolution cannot BOTH be true? Evolution is a PROCESS. A.K.A - How god did it.

In no way does evolution displace the possibility of god. I believe in god.....I don't believe in religion. Especially your bi-polar paranoid schitzophrenic one.

This website answers your question nicely:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/christianevo.html

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/theistic.html

Prove to me beyond a doubt that evolution is correct.

It is already so. You must prove otherwise.

And as for the Christian God being the one true God, there is much to be said.

First, as many of you know, the Bible contains many many prophecies.  Over half of those prophecies have been fulfilled, to the exact detail.  I'm not joking, google it yourself if you dont believe me.

BULLSHIT! There isn't ONE PROPHECY that's ever been fulfilled! That's a lie created by Babble-beaters like yourself to try and give credibility to this hoary old chestnut! I'm not going to fall for it!

These prophecies were all given to man by the Christian's God, so why dont you just try and show me any Hindu prophecies that have come true?

Non sequitur. It doesn't follow that the fulfillment of some vague "prophecy" means shit-all for proving that your god-construct is real.

If you were to research early Egypt, at the time when the Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews and were still a powerful nation, you would find references of the disasters... that correlate almost exactly to the biblical accounts in Exodus.

Except there ISN'T ANY EVIDENCE THERE SUPPORTING YOUR VIEW!

Judaism and the worship of Jehovah dates back at least 4000 years from the present time, as it was the religion of the ancient Israelites.

Appeal to tradition. People once thought the Earth was flat. Do they hold credibility because they believed it long ago?

(spamming of bullshit links edited out)

Sorry, you're still losing. And start posting ACTUAL RESPONSES, not links to bullshit sites. Come up with your own ideas or get out.

I didn’t get involved in this thread because I was so occupied with some of the other stupid argumentative topics… Anyway…

God exists?

Argument 1:

Simple, if you believe, yes, then he does exist.

If you don’t believe, no, then he doesn’t exist.

So God keeps on popping in and out of existence, depending on whom speaking.

Argument 2:

God is the Infinite Regression of super-universes, transfinite dimensions and membranes.

He’s totally mindless though.

You tell me to get my own ideas?!

Nothing any of you have said has deviated from the standard atheist/agnostic/post-modernist typical propoganda... at least i have taken the time to look up and find other proofs for what i believe.

Peace

You tell me to get my own ideas?!

Nothing any of you have said has deviated from the standard atheist/agnostic/post-modernist typical propoganda... at least i have taken the time to look up and find other proofs for what i believe.

Peace

You mean you googled for the first site available that came from christian sources.

Maybe the next time you sign off with "peace" you want to erase the sneer from your face.