Goodbye Jesus

Prove that Christian God is the Creator and...

Guest SerenityNow

Amazing, how Yoyo can write an entire length of post and still not answer the question he/she was asked.

I'm almost in awe. :Hmm:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

Yoyo lives in a special little bubble that none of us can penetrate with logic, reason, or intelligent thought.  But then autistic people live in special worlds as well.

Isn't this where we hand out the lollipops as a special treat?

Amazing, how Yoyo can write an entire length of post and still not answer the question he/she was asked.

Ancient Neilian proverb... (actually, about ten years ago)

"Many words, but nothing said."

The Christian "God" is a hap-hazard amalgamation of deities, demons and spirits from a wide variety of pre and concurrently existing cultures, faiths and mythologies, many of which Christians have historically derided and condemned as "pagan" and "evil". Read Gilgamesh, study Ancient Mesopotamian history and you soon learn where the vast majority of the bibles earlier stories were STOLEN from. Similarly, go take a look at Ancient Sumeria and Maian cultures for details of its later constitutent works.

Creationism is fairy-tale wish fulfilment; it lends existence the kind if superstititous romanticism people lacking the psychological capacity and strength of inner subjectivity require to cope with their otherwise empty, meaningless existence. Sadly, they seem to universally lack the capacity to see the Universe for the grand mechanism that it is, and to be awed by what is, rather than what they wish it was.

ya know I have been here for about a month now and YoYo never EVER does anything but confuse me I mean is he/she like on some form of happy pills? and if so where can I get the atheist version of that shit???

:grin:

The sad part is that He has been screaming it to us the whole time.

Funny...you would think booming disembodied voices screaming would make the news.....

Funny...you would think booming disembodied voices screaming would make the news.....

No, they wouldn't make news of that.

But they do make pills for it...

:lmao:

That statement.... makes... no... sense!!! :crazy:

How can something exist before time begins?  How can there be a "before time"?

Ooooh, I know, I know!!

It's because your finite mind cannot comprehend the infinet alwaysness of god!!!

Basically, we're too stupid to get it!

How can something exist before time begins?  How can there be a "before time"?

Mr. Neil, I'm sure you can correct me in this matter. :thanks: Couldn't there actually be a time before time? Before the Big Bang, was there time?

If there was no light, no sub-atomic particles... there would be no reference for time which is relative based on these ocurring. So would this be OUR initial reference to time, unless we confirm the universe collapsing back unto itself and re-exploding? Even so, wouldn't it still mean there would have to have been 'something' that existed from which this point of the Big Bang happened? I thought Stephen Hawking said that there was something eternal from which the Big Bang happened inside.

I saw another documentary where this scientist said that seeing a point in which the Big Bang ocurred from is a misnomer, as there had to be something for it to come into existence within an already established environment. Otherwise, wouldn't that mean it all happened simultaneously. and then there would be a creator... which Stephen Hawking says there is no creator, all things already existed... right? :twitch:

one day a mom will become president, wage war on a country every 28th day, and nuke the world... now that that is said... we be wary ^.^

(looks out to his left <.<and right >.>) we are doomed to regression and doomed to die... or the CIA might give the next xtian ventrilequist dummy wrong info about mars, and tell him theres no life on mars... OF COURSE THERE IS! WE ARE ALL GONNA DIIEEEEE!!!

i can prove my god exists!!! but if i did then he wouldnt... so there!! (sticks tongue out!!) lol j/k, dont believe in a deity...

How can you prove the existence of a being that supposedly exists outside the natural world? What observation or measurement can you make in the natural world that can possibly be explained supernaturally?

I can't conceive of a repeatable test that would prove the existence of a supernatural force short of one of the laws of physics being violated. In the end it comes down to faith - believing in something that you can't prove.

But then again - doesn't the bible teach us to not put god to the test? Convenient, that...

Christians would say that's the beauty of faith. Atheists would say that's the folly of faith.

I personally think that it's much easier to explain why human beings want to believe in a god. We want a parent figure to solve all our problems.

Sorry that I took so long to get back to this. Was busy for a few days. :shrug:

You ask good questions, unfortunately, 1. Prove any or all divine entities actually exist outside of the natural world. 2. Prove that what you call "supernatural" is not a natural phenomenon that has yet to be discovered. 3. As you have not established that the observed force is "supernatural" (if that has any concrete meaning) then there is no reason whatsoever that you should have to violate one of the laws of physics or forego the test (unless you know something that I don't!) lol

As for not being able to think of a repeatable test.... we'll think of something. :wicked: We pagans are very resourceful, as you know.

As for the final faith-based assumption (Aetheism is faith in no deities, as opposed to Agnosticism, is it not?) that all humans who are seeking deities are searching for a parent figure to solve all their problems, I can attest that this is not true in my case. Since your psychological hypothesis has yet to be borne out in clinical trials, you have yet to prove it. :lmao:

I'm not even going to touch on the material about the nature of linear time, since Einstein postulated that time was a substance, that matter was energy, and that time and space are part of the same continuum that can be warped by gravity. I am just not prepared to pull out all of the equations and figures! :grin: Maybe someboyd else with more expertise..... But still, irrelevant to the above discussion, in my opinion! (I have no problem with deities being "born", or having a starting time, unlike some lol.)

Of course, I could just let aetheists and Christians duke it out, and conveniently forget that there are any other religions on Earth/lump us all together into some "other" religionist/heathen infidel category. But, that would be bigoted, wouldn't it? :Hmm: