• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Legion

• Deva

Meaningless question.

So I think I understand, if you can't attribute it to a god, imaginary or real, and you can't understand nature, what direction now. My theory is that. The people stay angry because they have no direction. Ignorance is bliss.

So you seem to be either extremely blissful or bordering on the edge of being a troll.

Why have you suddenly given up on your whole plasma thing? Is it because the ICP works at 6000K+ and it finally sank in that would vaporize, as intended, whatever contacted it?

Now we're all "angry" because we have no "direction?" Time dictates a direction for all of us.

mwc

My theory was it makes people irritated, mad, angry when they don't understand the reason or direction for thier lives (no shepherd, no science), and was just noting there are many references to "the way" in the Bible. Still just a theory.

There are FEW references to the minor sect known as "The Way" in the bible or anywhere else for that matter. It lost.

Ignorant or troll??? :scratch:

mwc

TBH, the grammar and lack of communications skills are the only tangible thing to address, since the 'idea', and I use the word loosely, is gibberish. Soon as the supernatural is invoked there is nothing about the idea to discuss, since the way the world operates is halted and there are no rules. It may as well not exist for the amount of cogent comment that could be made about a supernatural event.

So, you're still typing gibberish, even when it makes some form of sense, which is rare.

Soon as the supernatural is invoked there is nothing about the 'idea' to discuss, since the way the world operates is halted....I personally think you can revoke your membership. Again, how can you discuss my Spiritual God and His relationship to this world via science, if He doesn't teach you anymore?

Guest Gooneybird

Excitation of electrons within a person that would result in emitted light as the electrons relax to their ground state would result in the cooking of said person.

Complete absurdity.

end3...

One of my prior professions was metal working. I *know* just a touch about moving massive doses of electrons across specific spots for obtuse periods of time, those meant to perform specific functions, desiring particular provable results.

I've read your posts, this now looooOOooOOoooong lasted thread, and I simply don't have a fucking clue to what you are trying to present, prove, or perform other than take up Webmasters space and time.

If you've got little more to show to the assembled, either with physics, theology, or a philosophy that works in something less obtuse, the show it.

If not? I have the Big Red Butt0n 0f d00m taken out of the sooper sekrit aluminum foil wrapped deeply buried pickle jar, it has your account written all over the face of it, awaiting me pushing the cause of your extinction here.

Choose wisely your next post young spasi-wan... The electrons are arrayed against you, I see dark clouds forming over your head...

kFL

How can you weigh science vs diety if my diety, my God, does not let you know Him or understand Him?

Then what use is it to believe in him? The secret, hiding God, that no one can know, how can you believe in him? He's just as knowable as Santa Claus.

You confirm that I am not talking to God

Very true. You're not. You're talking to yourself and your imaginary friend.

Soon as the supernatural is invoked there is nothing about the 'idea' to discuss, since the way the world operates is halted....I personally think you can revoke your membership. Again, how can you discuss my Spiritual God and His relationship to this world via science, if He doesn't teach you anymore?

So how can someone know God if God is so dumb that he keeps quiet? If he wants to teach us, let him speak. Ask him to speak to us. Maybe he'll listen to you, we know he never listened to any of us.

Guest Gooneybird
You have no hope of moving foward, just the stagnant,dead pool of now. No wonder you are angry. You have no hope. Your guess doesn't have a beginning or end.....Your River of Life is not flowing....more confirmation. It is all in the Bible. Amen

That sounds pretty judgemental. You presume a lot. I didn't want to pick on you, but I'll just let you know that it is clear that you are a little confused. Right now is not a stagnant, dead pool. Right now is all that is. Eternity unfolds in the Now. There is never a time that your life is not unfolding right now. Jesus understood this. You should think about it. Right now is beyond hope and fear. Maybe you've read: "Take no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself" or "Nobody who puts his hands to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God." The Bible clearly teaches the importance of the right Now. Recall Jesus's teaching on the unanxious lilies, living with ease and unfolding in the moment, wanting for nothing, and certainly not fearing or looking forward to the future. You have christianity exactly backwards.

This thread reminds me of A Star Trek Next Generations episode called: "Darmok"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok_(TNG_episode)

And oh! Look at the link of Biblespeak attached to that particular episode! And Metaphorical Language! How completely appropriate!!!

Okay end3....let's get something clear. We are not going to participate with you positively when you speak in Metaphorical language or biblespeak.

We do not believe the bible is truth, so we no longer communicate as you do, nor are we required to respect you for doing so.

Unfortunately in that list of Biblespeak phrases, there really is no word or phrase there to cover what ex-christians are. We are not "backslidden". Thinking of us as such...no wonder you are here. But you have made a common error. That is not our state of being. A "backslider" is still a christian. A backslider still considers themselves a christian, just one that isn't doing so hot right this moment.

That is NOT us.

We are finished with the christian religion. To you, that means we are finished with what you consider to be a way of life, or "the only way to live". We do not care if you agree with our choice to abandon "the only way to live". Just because you think christianity is "the only way to live" does not make it so. We have found other ways to live that satisfy US. What works for us doesn't have to work for you. And the fact that you feel "anointed" to come here to tell us you disagree with our life choices may seem like "witnessing" or perhaps an "outreach", but to us....you just look insecure and disatisfied with your own position. People who are secure with themselves do not need to advertise their contentment.

TBH, the grammar and lack of communications skills are the only tangible thing to address, since the 'idea', and I use the word loosely, is gibberish. Soon as the supernatural is invoked there is nothing about the idea to discuss, since the way the world operates is halted and there are no rules. It may as well not exist for the amount of cogent comment that could be made about a supernatural event.

So, you're still typing gibberish, even when it makes some form of sense, which is rare.

I wasn't discussing your god, but the philosophy you are trying to expound in relation to an objective reality and your supernatural claims by invoking natural explanations. Which is gibberish. Spiritual is a state of mind, it is not an extrinsic quality.

Additionally, as a point of note, I revoked my membership of your world view so long ago that your parents were probably still bepissing their beds...

I can see that, but after contemplating faith vs. science, I do not see either side advancing. I say it happens by faith, which by definition requires no proof, but a person can't say by science it absolutely does. A moot point.

So why the need for socialization. A church group, an anti-Christian group. Will mass population override the lower numbers of the very smart, but less prolific. Isn't that the way nature work? So doesn't your own intellect lead you being more social.

:)End3, I understand from where you are coming here. I came to ExC thinking some crazy thing might be possible. :blink:

You've only 25 posts, so you're new here. Let me just ask you this... If Moses' face was literally glowing, why doesn't that happen today to anyone? Surely Mother Tereasa would have had it, or Martin Luther King, or Nelson Mandela,

They say pregnant women glow....

:HaHa:

Again, how can you discuss my Spiritual God and His relationship to this world via science, if He doesn't teach you anymore?

I know it wasn't addressed to me, but this question really pisses me off. It just a thing a someone who's just had their ass handed to them would say. And damn patronizing too.

How can I write about the Flying Spaghetti Monster if he doesn't excrete the sauce to ink my pen? I mean wtf. Take crazy elsewhere.

If I had thought about it, I should have defaulted along time ago. If my God calls me by faith, then He would not leave natural proof. Thanks for helping me see the wisdom. I tried not to offend during our discourse, but may have. Thanks again.

Ps. Huaidan, you said you have traveled my same path, what is the next step?

If I had thought about it, I should have defaulted along time ago. If my God calls me by faith, then He would not leave natural proof. Thanks for helping me see the wisdom. I tried not to offend during our discourse, but may have. Thanks again.

How old are you? Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just curious. You sound like you're fairly young, so I just wanted to see what you meant with "a long time ago", because I spent 30 years of my life as a Christian and even went to Bible school and traveled two times on missionary trips. I did spend a lot of time thinking about these things, so how long did you really do your due diligence?

I can say it has taken me 2 1/2 days to see what ya'll were trying to get across. I can see how I might be ramming Christianity down your throat now. At least you got me to thinking somewhat. Don't laugh, but I am a '65 model. I have always felt God with me since the late teens, and hated organized religion. Wanted to know why they kept numbers if it was Love. Was very angry for many years. I still think there is a God, and I am faithful to the Christian God, but human anything may be the problem. One interesting fact about our conversation, I do think direction, whether we have a "hope", plays a role. I think that the Bible argues for that. Officially baptized when I was 33. This belief is my choice, so please...

Interesting. So you've been Christian about 10 years?

When it comes to hope, meaning of life, reason to live and all that stuff, I do have a belief in something higher, but not a God, which I am in debt to and have a large amount of responsibility to. So I don't need a God to have a meaning of life or hope, I have it without God. That is completely possible and it's actually far better. Because in my case, I do know what this "other" is demanding from me, which in your case you can only guess.

This belief is my choice, so please...

Now THIS we can respect. Here is where we find common ground in manner of sorts. Regardless of what anyone on this site believes, this sentence we ALL share in common.

Heck, capitalize it and make it bold!

THIS BELIEF IS MY CHOICE.

HS,

How do you recognize the other?

What do you mean? Do you mean if I can recognize and identify this other higher being or not? Yes, I can. I only need a mirror and then think about the future.

HS,

I love to discuss, but after the last couple of days, I may rest...but... what about values? Your values, where did they come from. Please do not say evolution. I can see our evolution, but can you make a butterfly sphincter, and the elements to produce that?

Part of values come from a built in ability to see what is best for our own survival, and it is most common to be based on game theory. The Tit-for-Tat rule does apply and is even described (but in other words) by Christian business educators like Maxwell and Ziglar. Give to get, is also described in the Bible. And the Math behind Game Theory give it even the algorithms and formulas to describe why "values" emerged from Game Theory does work and is crucial for our survival. No God needed.

-edit-

Please do not say evolution. I can see our evolution, but can you make a butterfly sphincter, and the elements to produce that?

I want you to think about something you posted earlier. You said that we can't understand God because God has stopped teaching us. Now I want you to consider that you might not understand Evolution, because you don't let the facts, information and truth really be told to you and you don't think about the arguments for evolution. Basically, you maybe don't understand evolution simply because nature doesn't teach you anymore, but you are being taught by some old priests from around 300 CE instead. Stop believing what other people tell you to believe and start think instead. You are following the faith of other people when you read the Bible, instead you should seek faith and truth on your own, in nature, in life and reality.

Interesting that the English has improved and we now appear to be dealing with an adult moron, rather than an idiot child. Somehow, that makes it worse...