Goodbye Jesus

The Truth Will Set You Free

1United

God is not an individual. Only in Humans can the planes that make up god merge. [spirit - mind - matter]

The world has not changed since Jesus because orthodox Christianity has perverted the truth, and have lead millions astray.

Mankind is a stubborn breed - we are prideful, and rebellious

If you believe nothing I have said - Please try to believe in, and live through the Spirit of Love

[it will change your life, and the life of your children]

This world belongs to us, and it is up to us to change it for future generations. Only through Love can we make it happen.

James

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1United

• Kelli

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WarrantedPVC

Great, let's love. :)

As if we weren't loving people ourselves...?

Or are you preaching to the converted?

PVC

PVC

Hi,

With the replies I recieved in other thread, I have to conclude that many here do not live through Love. [i do understand why many of you reject the concept of Christianity, I think many here are probably more loving than myself, and I also think you wise to reject Orthodox views] Am I preaching to the converted? I am not sure what you mean? Are all here living through love? If not, then no I am not. Not all will follow the Spirit, and those who do not will suffer for thier rejection of. We all suffer, but those who live through the Spirit, [Love] will suffer much less, and will develop from the suffering thery endure. The "yoke is easy, and the burden is light" [Not darkness]

I enjoyed myself today. That might be hard to believe, but I did just the same. "All things work for the good of those who love God"

Time to rest for a bit. I am tired from the discussions today.

James

James... Normally I am a nice girl, but shit man! What part of EX-CHRISTIAN don't you understand?

Just because many have been hurt, some very, very deeply (myself included in that) by Christianity and use this place for its intended purpose (to vent, get it out, get to know other ex-Christians) and therefore may not be receptive and may even be volatile towards your preaching, doesn't mean they don't have the capacity to love.

Get a clue!

The XC's here are some of the nicest people you've ever met. We just don't want to buy into your brand of Christian bullshit or anyone else's. Do you get that? Do you? HELLO!?

Get a clue or hit the road. Your shit's getting old and it stinks.

Kelli

With the replies I recieved in other thread, I have to conclude that many here do not live through Love.

James,

Love is a wonderful thing. It has it's place in life. But treating love, or any emotional sensation as superior to other emotions is completely unbalanced. We don't live through our emotions. It's unwise, and looks utterly unstable. I try not to surround myself with emotionally volatile people.

My baseline emotion. The way I feel most of the day? When I guess you could say I'm not really feeling anything? It's calm. Balanced. Even. Emotions that come along are measured in strength easily by how long it takes me to come back to baseline. I neither condem nor praise any one emotion over another. Some emotions elict impulses that have to be controlled, so I'm neither punching my boss, nor pinching the supervisor's cute butt.

And you know what James? Leaving christianity improved my inner self (what you folks call the soul). I'm no longer insecure. I'm not worried about if a god likes or dislikes what he sees in me anymore. I answer to a more immediate authority on who I am, and that is myself. I can be proud of my accomplishments without worrying I'm being "too" proud.

I am secure. Self-confident. Content in my own skin. All feelings I never had when I believed in religion. Religion was not good for me. I'm not going back.

I readily confess, my dislike of religious types arriving here to spread there poison is more along the lines of the distaste one has for a cobra in a nursery school... but unlike the cobra, the prosletysing Christian has control over its nature and so I have less compassion for them than I would an out of place venomous snake or large scorpion...

I have patience and support for the people leaving the cult. Virtually none for those who want to reassert its hold on those here...

Guest WarrantedPVC
With the replies I recieved in other thread, I have to conclude that many here do not live through Love.

Love isn't a happiness bubble, 1United. Neither is it abstinence from experessing our views to another person honestly.

People here have honored you by being honest about what they think, and they weren't afraid of saying it in the words they actually thought. You should appreciate this honesty. I hope you don't wish that people told you "Oh, 1United, we are so happy to have you here!" when what they really think is "Fuck off you moron".

Am I preaching to the converted? I am not sure what you mean? Are all here living through love?

We are all living through love, in the sense that honesty is a form of love which is more noble than the masks of pretty words.

Not all will follow the Spirit, and those who do not will suffer for thier rejection of. We all suffer, but those who live through the Spirit, [Love] will suffer much less, and will develop from the suffering thery endure. The "yoke is easy, and the burden is light" [Not darkness]

We don't suffer due to each other here. We suffer due to people not respecting our (lack of) beliefs and the choices we make, and trying to emotionally manipulate us.

And one more thing. Life will perhaps teach you someday "the hard way" that the amount you suffer has nothing to do with what/how much you believe and/or how good a person you are.

I enjoyed myself today. That might be hard to believe, but I did just the same. "All things work for the good of those who love God"

I can imagine you have enjoyed yourself... I would have, too, in your place.

Rest well.

PVC

This world belongs to us, and it is up to us to change it for future generations. Only through Love can we make it happen.

You don't need any kind of spirituality to love.

Ring around the fuckin rosie. Lovie dovie bite me.

I love my kids. I love my parents.

I even have a form of love for a few of my very close friends.

I don't love you, James. You could die tomorrow and I would not blink.

And that's the way it is. Why the fuck would I pretend to love all humankind?

Trust me - I don't want to be like you, James. Not even a little bit.

Thank you all for the honest replies. I guess were we differ [in terms of Love] is I view love [not] as emotion, but a Spirit [big S] and most here view it as emotion [small s] - Can the two be seperated? Yes and no. Emotion comes from ego, whereas Spirit is just that [spirit]. The emotion love is fruit of Spirit which ego produces, i.e. feeling.

I don't love you in the sense that I [feel] but in that I honestly want for you the best that life has to offer. This is different for different peple, so I won't pretend to know what [you] need personally. Only you can figure that out, but the world has much to offer in this regard.

I was only offended one time in the entire discussion, but that was for only a very short period. That feeling came from my ego. It is not an easy thing to [not] live through emotion that ego produces, but it is certainly worth the effort [imo] to try.

Anyway, I will appologize for stepping on toes [if I even did] it is obvious that I offended some of you, though.

Take care

James

Um k, let me see if, lovingly I can make it where I can agree with this or at least be positive...

God is not an individual. Only in Humans can the planes that make up god merge. [spirit - mind - matter]

The world has not changed since Jesus because orthodox Christianity has perverted the truth, and have lead millions astray.

Mankind is a stubborn breed - we are prideful, and rebellious

If you believe nothing I have said - Please try to believe in, and live through the Spirit of Love

[it will change your life, and the life of your children]

James

K, it's a little hippy, but I think I can agree with that.

I readily confess, my dislike of religious types arriving here to spread there poison is more along the lines of the distaste one has for a cobra in a nursery school... but unlike the cobra, the prosletysing Christian has control over its nature and so I have less compassion for them than I would an out of place venomous snake or large scorpion...

I have patience and support for the people leaving the cult. Virtually none for those who want to reassert its hold on those here...

Gramps I hope you don't hate me for saying so, but this is the most loving thing I've seen in a long time.

Thank you all for the honest replies. I guess were we differ [in terms of Love] is I view love [not] as emotion, but a Spirit [big S] and most here view it as emotion [small s] - Can the two be seperated? Yes and no. Emotion comes from ego, whereas Spirit is just that [spirit]. The emotion love is fruit of Spirit which ego produces, i.e. feeling.

Okay, you take your spooky, weirdass, complicated kind of love and go play, alright?

Real love...REAL love is not just a warm and gooshy "feeling." It doesn't need some Spook (big S) attached to it.

My definition of love is, "unconditional understanding and acceptance." You accept someone and seek to understand regardless of any quirks, faults, idiosyncracies, etc. that they may have (or that you perceive that they have).

Okay, you take your spooky, weirdass, complicated kind of love and go play, alright?

Real love...REAL love is not just a warm and gooshy "feeling." It doesn't need some Spook (big S) attached to it.

My definition of love is, "unconditional understanding and acceptance." You accept someone and seek to understand regardless of any quirks, faults, idiosyncracies, etc. that they may have (or that you perceive that they have).

So we agree, then ... We just use different terminology. Love is NOT emotion -Emotion causes suffering, but true love [as you so elequently described] is unconditional, which begs the question - Why Am I rejected as a person? [i am despised] Do you identify belief with who one is? I am human, just like you are - I too once belonged to a very strict religeous "Christian" sect. I too de-converted, but you know nothing about my struggles with my own deconversion from orthodox views. Perhaps I should create a thread describing all the wretched things I experienced as an Orthodox Christian. I won't do that because I gained much more from the experience, then what it took away from me, and that is not what this web - site is looking for. [The idea that Christianity actually helped me in the end]

James

Why Am I rejected as a person? [i am despised] Do you identify belief with who one is? I am human, just like you are

Okay, word of advice since I'm beginning to think that you may be meaning well overall, but...dude...you are coming on WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too strong here.

Your first post...your first topic nailed 20 pages within a day...that's freaking unheard of...and you're still going around and around and around with whatever ideas you've got running around your head. You've got over a hundred posts in less than two days!

Slow down, take it easy, okay? Get a feel for the place. Damn, if you really have deconverted and you just have a new spiritualism then say so. Listen, ask questions, relax.

Fact is, you came in here pretty arrogantly. Most people come in excessively humbly and really confused when they first deconvert. You blow in like a whirlwind like you're expecting to wow us with your new knowledge or something. WE'VE HEARD IT BEFORE.

The people we DON'T give a hard time to are the ones who lay out where they're at and are just plain honest with us without confusing the shit out of everyone. The more you post within a short time span the less people read it.

If you want people to understand you then you have to be understanding first, okay?

Why Am I rejected as a person? [i am despised] Do you identify belief with who one is? I am human, just like you are

Okay, word of advice since I'm beginning to think that you may be meaning well overall, but...dude...you are coming on WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too strong here.

Your first post...your first topic nailed 20 pages within a day...that's freaking unheard of...and you're still going around and around and around with whatever ideas you've got running around your head. You've got over a hundred posts in less than two days!

Slow down, take it easy, okay? Get a feel for the place. Damn, if you really have deconverted and you just have a new spiritualism then say so. Listen, ask questions, relax.

Fact is, you came in here pretty arrogantly. Most people come in excessively humbly and really confused when they first deconvert. You blow in like a whirlwind like you're expecting to wow us with your new knowledge or something. WE'VE HEARD IT BEFORE.

The people we DON'T give a hard time to are the ones who lay out where they're at and are just plain honest with us without confusing the shit out of everyone. The more you post within a short time span the less people read it.

If you want people to understand you then you have to be understanding first, okay?

I understand...

I was bored today - my son is at his mothers house, and I had nothing to do. I chose to spend my day with you guys. I have been coming on quite strongly, I have made many posts today, I was lonely and needed to express myself, and this seemed like a good place to do so. I thought my un-orthodox views might make you see that I too am ex-[orthodox] Christian. I didn't want sympathy, I wanted to talk... [i wanted some company]

Take care,

James

I am human, just like you are - I too once belonged to a very strict religeous "Christian" sect. I too de-converted, but you know nothing about my struggles with my own deconversion from orthodox views. Perhaps I should create a thread describing all the wretched things I experienced as an Orthodox Christian. I won't do that because I gained much more from the experience, then what it took away from me, and that is not what this web - site is looking for. [The idea that Christianity actually helped me in the end]

James

Just a suggestion, James. It might help us if you did outline some of your struggles with decoversion from othodoxy. I enjoyed trying to understand you yesterday, but ultimately I still don't understand your theology. This went on for 20 plus pages and since I never grasped it, I am sure many others also did not. Knowing what your religious background is might be helpful.

Your just coming on here and laying out your very different form of "Christianity" as the ultimate truth is a bit hard for us to take. You said in another thread that you wanted to "sow seeds" so we would all "love unconditionally." This sounds too much like someone wanting to convert us. You really need to change your approach. You do sound better now in your last couple of posts -- write us some more about your life circumstances and less preaching. That would be helpful.

PVC

Hi,

With the replies I recieved in other thread, I have to conclude that many here do not live through Love. [i do understand why many of you reject the concept of Christianity, I think many here are probably more loving than myself, and I also think you wise to reject Orthodox views] Am I preaching to the converted? I am not sure what you mean? Are all here living through love? If not, then no I am not. Not all will follow the Spirit, and those who do not will suffer for thier rejection of. We all suffer, but those who live through the Spirit, [Love] will suffer much less, and will develop from the suffering thery endure. The "yoke is easy, and the burden is light" [Not darkness]

James

What are you, narcistic? A disagreement with you about your nonsense is not the same as hate. A disagreement with you is not the same as disagreeing with god or hating god or our fellow man it's just that most of us probably think you don't even know what you believe. You want to preach christianity but not christianity's version. That makes you a nonchristian evangelizing like you are a christian. The majority of your drivel makes no sense at all. All you are doing is running from one post to the next getting your ass kicked all the way across this forum. Go embrace yourself biblically because christianity is nonsense, its books are rubbish, its stories are false and Jesus didn't die for your sins. Sorry.

I think you're wrong.

You equate Jesus with Love, and Love with Jesus, and because of that you think that we don't live through love because we don't live through Jesus. And this is where you and I are different. Jesus is just a symbol for love, not the replacement for love. We live through love just as much (or maybe more) than Christians because we do know better what love is. We love because we love, not because we're told to do so by an authority. We love because it is a part of us, not because we have a book making us do so or give mystical meanings to it. Being a Christian is like talking about how good Chocolate is, but never taste it, but not until you can taste Chocolate will you know how it really tastes. And love is best experienced natural, unadulterated and without mystical or religious symbolics for it. I love my family and care for it, and I know the reasons to why and I know how it works for me in my life and for my family, but with religion it is hidden in a dark corner and replaced by a word "Jesus" that have no meaning or content. Now, finally, love, respect, moral, ethics, life, and so on, all finally make more sense and can be understood to me. And this helps me deal with any situations my kids gets into, and I can help them because now I know how it works. With religion you don't, because all of it are just fancy word-works to hide the real meaning of it.

[i do understand why many of you reject the concept of Christianity, I think many here are probably more loving than myself, and I also think you wise to reject Orthodox views] Am I preaching to the converted? I am not sure what you mean? Are all here living through love? If not, then no I am not.

I think the large majority here live through love just as much or more than they did as Christians. Love does not become stronger or more intense or make sense because you call it "Bob". It doesn't work like saying: Bob is Love, and only if you believe in Bob, Love will be real for you. It doesn't work. Love is only real when Love is Love.

Not all will follow the Spirit, and those who do not will suffer for thier rejection of. We all suffer, but those who live through the Spirit, [Love] will suffer much less, and will develop from the suffering thery endure. The "yoke is easy, and the burden is light" [Not darkness]

So now Love is not only Jesus, but it's also Spirit to you. What is next? Love is the Cross. Love is the Bible, Love is the Pastor. Love is John 3:16. Love is 66 books. Love is paper with golden edges. Love is the Church. Love is Bob. Love is my keyboard. Love is the Marabou Chocolate bar. Where does your symbolic redefinition end?

I enjoyed it too. I do think you're a very interesting person, but I also think you are a bit deluded by religious God-speak and use words and phrases that are fancy sounding but have no meaning or content. The real truth is found when you can leave that language behind and go straight to the definitions of words and see things for what they are in the world. You will then be truly free. Seriously, I know this because I'm went through it. You are still a captive in the illustrative language world and can't really understand what I'm talking about, and you won't until you also tear down the religious veil that covers the real world for you.

I had a bit of rest, and up again now at 4 AM. :)

What are you, narcistic? A disagreement with you about your nonsense is not the same as hate. A disagreement with you is not the same as disagreeing with god or hating god or our fellow man it's just that most of us probably think you don't even know what you believe. You want to preach christianity but not christianity's version. That makes you a nonchristian evangelizing like you are a christian. The majority of your drivel makes no sense at all. All you are doing is running from one post to the next getting your ass kicked all the way across this forum. Go embrace yourself biblically because christianity is nonsense, its books are rubbish, its stories are false and Jesus didn't die for your sins. Sorry.

I never said hate, nor would I. I never even suggested that anyone here hated me [despised, yes] Not hate. You are reading into my words, and you are grossly mistaken. I never said anyone hated God, either - again you see something that is not there.

You view my understanding, and views the same as i view yours, so we have a balance between us, yes?

James

Just a suggestion, James. It might help us if you did outline some of your struggles with decoversion from othodoxy. I enjoyed trying to understand you yesterday, but ultimately I still don't understand your theology. This went on for 20 plus pages and since I never grasped it, I am sure many others also did not. Knowing what your religious background is might be helpful.

I think it can be explained with that he is defining God as all the good things he believe in, and those things he see as important. So he feels "Love" is something that is important and it's something that is beautiful and we all should build our lives upon, and God is the representation of Love, and Jesus, and the Spirit too. So he started from the other end, instead of starting at the Book and building a theology like most literalists or religious people, he started with the good things in the world and walked backwards to Christianity to make it represent those good things. I'm not sure if I'm totally correct in my assessment here, but something along that line.

Your just coming on here and laying out your very different form of "Christianity" as the ultimate truth is a bit hard for us to take. You said in another thread that you wanted to "sow seeds" so we would all "love unconditionally." This sounds too much like someone wanting to convert us. You really need to change your approach. You do sound better now in your last couple of posts -- write us some more about your life circumstances and less preaching. That would be helpful.

Or talk more straight. He's hiding behind poetic words.

I never said hate, nor would I. I never even suggested that anyone here hated me [despised, yes] Not hate. You are reading into my words, and you are grossly mistaken. I never said anyone hated God, either - again you see something that is not there.

That's what happens when your language is fluffy instead of direct. The more you hide your ideas behind poetic language, the more misunderstandings through individual interpretations, will happen.

You view my understanding, and views the same as i view yours, so we have a balance between us, yes?

That's an example of a sentence that is hard to understand. It needs to be interpreted and will cause different understandings for different people, and hence you will get different responses.

You equate Jesus with Love, and Love with Jesus, and because of that you think that we don't live through love because we don't live through Jesus. And this is where you and I are different. Jesus is just a symbol for love, not the replacement for love. We live through love just as much (or maybe more) than Christians because we do know better what love is. We love because we love, not because we're told to do so by an authority. We love because it is a part of us, not because we have a book making us do so or give mystical meanings to it. Being a Christian is like talking about how good Chocolate is, but never taste it, but not until you can taste Chocolate will you know how it really tastes. And love is best experienced natural, unadulterated and without mystical or religious symbolics for it. I love my family and care for it, and I know the reasons to why and I know how it works for me in my life and for my family, but with religion it is hidden in a dark corner and replaced by a word "Jesus" that have no meaning or content. Now, finally, love, respect, moral, ethics, life, and so on, all finally make more sense and can be understood to me. And this helps me deal with any situations my kids gets into, and I can help them because now I know how it works. With religion you don't, because all of it are just fancy word-works to hide the real meaning of it.

I think the large majority here live through love just as much or more than they did as Christians. Love does not become stronger or more intense or make sense because you call it "Bob". It doesn't work like saying: Bob is Love, and only if you believe in Bob, Love will be real for you. It doesn't work. Love is only real when Love is Love.

So now Love is not only Jesus, but it's also Spirit to you. What is next? Love is the Cross. Love is the Bible, Love is the Pastor. Love is John 3:16. Love is 66 books. Love is paper with golden edges. Love is the Church. Love is Bob. Love is my keyboard. Love is the Marabou Chocolate bar. Where does your symbolic redefinition end?

I enjoyed it too. I do think you're a very interesting person, but I also think you are a bit deluded by religious God-speak and use words and phrases that are fancy sounding but have no meaning or content. The real truth is found when you can leave that language behind and go straight to the definitions of words and see things for what they are in the world. You will then be truly free. Seriously, I know this because I'm went through it. You are still a captive in the illustrative language world and can't really understand what I'm talking about, and you won't until you also tear down the religious veil that covers the real world for you.

I had a bit of rest, and up again now at 4 AM. :)

Hey, Hans

I want to clear a couple of mis-conceptions you have about my views. First, I don't view 'Jesus' as love. I view what he had in Him was Love. The thing in Him, which I call Love is called Christ - Jesus wasn't Christ, but Jesus had Christ. Christ is not a person - Christ is the Spirit of Love.

You yourself suggested that love is not an adequate term to use because we all view the english word love differently - This is why i use the term Christ...It is my heritage, and I know of no other word to use.

You have been more civil than most, and I appreciate that, Han.

As for being deluded, I can't change your thought peocess any more than I can change my own. It is part of who I am, man. Sorry you feel I am delusional.

James

1United....

Lemme give you a little clue...

If you just want to come here for friendly talk and NOT to convert or piss everyone off, I suggest a few things.

Don't pass off your beliefs as ultimate truth. I think everyone would be willing to accept you even with your weird brand of whatever-it-is you believe if you would stop saying things like "I am a Christian, and I think you unwise to shrug off Christianity as myth, or as fary tale, or as silly, etc... " What kind of response did you figure you were going to get with that? If you've been supposedly lurking here for so long as you claim to have been, it would seem you would know what kind...

If you notice, I posted a note about the differences between my beliefs and the beliefs of Christians like you. My beliefs are a bit on the odd side, but they work for me. I don't really talk about them here. I feel no need to. I am not out to convert anyone to my beliefs. My beliefs are most likely a load of shit, really, but again they work for me and I'm NOT hurting anyone with them so who gives a crap? You notice that I'm a mod here. I had even weirder beliefs when I was given this mod position. Why was I welcomed so? Because I didn't preach my brand of theism or try to pass it off as ultimate truth. I know it's not ultimate truth. I have even posted lengthy posts in the past about some of the crazy shit that I believed earlier as an ex-Christian, and no one hassled me because I made it clear that my beliefs were personal to me and I wasn't trying to convince anyone else that they were truth.

So all that said, no one, and I mean no one, is going to buy into what you are preaching. Those of us who have been here awhile have each found our own paths as ex-Christians and those that are still in the early stages of deconversion are likely repulsed by the sound of your new-fangled cultish love-doctrine. So give it up, man. No one really gives a damn about your beliefs, but don't be offended, because no one really gives a damn about mine either. If you want to stay here and not be blasted and ridiculed, stop your bullshit preaching and listen for awhile. You might learn something.

Kelli

I want to clear a couple of mis-conceptions you have about my views. First, I don't view 'Jesus' as love. I view what he had in Him was Love. The thing in Him, which I call Love is called Christ - Jesus wasn't Christ, but Jesus had Christ. Christ is not a person - Christ is the Spirit of Love.

You yourself suggested that love is not an adequate term to use because we all view the english word love differently - This is why i use the term Christ...It is my heritage, and I know of no other word to use.

Ah. Understand. I'm still trying to get used to your views.

As for being deluded, I can't change your thought peocess any more than I can change my own. It is part of who I am, man. Sorry you feel I am delusional.

Well, I guess that's true. Your stuck in your experience and framework of thought and the thought process is determined by it, but you can change and you might wake up one day and the veil is gone and you see the things for what they really are. I do think you have that capability and might already be on the path there. I don't really "feel" that you're deluded, but rather I see it by being outside the box and looking in, into your box and I can see that religion does create an illusion of things. But I also think you're taking such a different approach to the whole thing that I'm not sure yet where to place you. :)