Goodbye Jesus

Confessions Of A Christoholic

RecoveXM

Play *nice* RXM, and do NOT try to take your opening post out of this discussion. Simply removing it again will ensure that I post it again. IF I must do so, you won't have opportunity to do so again.

kFL

-

My name is Recove(ering)X(tian)M(an) and I am a Christian.

On a regular basis I fall off the wagon and go back to Christianity.

Then I rediscover that the vast majority of Christians are utter lowlife (like Muslims et al) hypocrites.

Before I start getting the urge to call heavenly fire down on them I repent of my backsliding.

Somewhere along the line they turned it into a pile of lowgrade crap, fit only for the False.

If you truly believe in a love that changes people from within forever - and somehow manage to find it - then stay away from Christians because they will turn it into muck. They will try to use a book as a passport to install themselves as resident busybodies in your life. They will violate every rule they claim to hold sacred, and do so in the process of seeing to it that you don't do the same to them.

These hoghumpers will even tell you that if you do find true faith without their seal of approval, that you don't have faith at all. They are the children of the devil - stay away from them.

Find that higher love on your own - and live by it however you can - for Christ's sake.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RecoveXM

• Grandpa Harley

• MathGeek

• Legion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you truly believe in a love that changes people from within forever - and somehow manage to find it - then stay away from Christians because they will turn it into muck. They will try to use a book as a passport to install themselves as resident busybodies in your life. They will violate every rule they claim to hold sacred, and do so in the process of seeing to it that you don't do the same to them.

These hoghumpers will even tell you that if you do find true faith without their seal of approval, that you don't have faith at all. They are the children of the devil - stay away from them.

Find that higher love on your own - and live by it however you can - for Christ's sake.

Sounds like you've "been there done that." Welcome to the forums, Recovering Christian Man! You are among friends here. Look around, make yourself at home, rant, vent, get the poison out of your system. Heal, become a new man with a new life of love and joy lived for YOU.

I am so glad. May your time here be likewise positive.

• Super Moderator

Welcome, RecoveXM.

Feel free to unload here. Ask questions, rant and rave. You're not alone.

Those falls off the wagon will stop.

- Chris

RecoveXM,

Welcome!

I also went through periods of being a prodigal and returning to the fold. But until a few months ago, never in the past did I actually reject the Biblical god. But after going through an intensive Bible class at a Southern Baptist Church, my eyes were opened as never before.

I tried to make excuses and tried to rationalize and understand why this supposedly loving, forgiving god did such horrible things. I tried to explain it away by saying that god's ways were higher than ours, and who was I to question this god? But the more I examined this god's words and actions, the more I began to doubt, to question and to finally reject him.

So I understand a bit of what you have gone through.

If there is truly hope and justice in the universe, then this biblical god cannot be real. To believe that such a bloodthirsty tyrant is in charge of the universe ... well, the vast majority of humanity would have been better off if it had never been created, that's for sure.

Anyway, I hope you are able to find thought-provoking discussion and fellowship on these boards.

All the best,

Alpha Centauri

Hey there XM,

Welcome. I backslid into the fold for a bit myself, but I didn't mean it. Christianity as a whole is just an emotional and spiritual waste of time and energy. Let's hope you and I and everybody else here stays out of it from here out.

Welcome brother.

My name is Recove(ering)X(tian)M(an) and I am a Christian.

I don't understand. You are a recovering Christian who is a Christian? I don't get that.

What I don't believe is the phony baloney church. which is a spermbank for hogs - I have never doubted the truth of Christ LR - I am a Christian, those muckwallowers back in the church never have been.

So do you think of yourself as a true Christian?

I do not deny him.

Only the devil church that defames him.

This forum is for the posting of testimonies by former Christians. I suspect that you may have posted in the wrong place my man.

I do not deny him.

Only the devil church that defames him.

Christianity is the church. You can't be a Christian all by yourself. It's the Body of Christ. You can be a human being, all by yourself, I suppose. But what I think I'm seeing is someone disaffected by the church he frequents, and looking for one that is more to his liking. You won't find that here.

RXM,

Feel free to knock off "tellin' the other kids what to do"..

Shop Steward says that is MY JOB, and I'm not willing to share my Union Protected slot with anyone here....

Including you.

Thread moved to EXC-L kFL 04222008 0955PDT

Wonderer you wandered completely off the beam just now.

Enough of this inquisition crap folks - just stop it.

You're going to waltz into EX-christian, proclaim yourself a xtian, then tell us how to respond. Lots of balls there, but little common sense. If you want to discuss your lard and slaver, there's the Lions's den. If you want help in de-conversion, folks here will be glad to help. But first, get off your holy high horse or you're in for an extremely rough ride. :pyth:

--Larry

• Super Moderator

Another f-tard. I'll miss him.

RecoveXM I don't mind speaking with you, but Skip was right. This thread didn't belong in the testimonies forum.

Why don't you stay for a while and speak with us?

Wonderer you wandered completely off the beam just now.

Enough of this inquisition crap folks - just stop it.

Inquisition? This is ex-christian.net. You're not an ex-christian. You can post here all you want, as long as you post in the appropriate forum. But an inquisition this is not. An inquisition would be a trial in which we would stop at nothing to get you to confess your sins. You came to us, and laid down your line, and we responded to it. You can think about what we're observing, or reject it out of hand, but that would be your loss. All of us here have struggled at some point with fear of leaving the church, our denominations, Christianity, the concept of god that we had crammed down our throats, our friends, family, our sense of reality - you name it, and somebody here has been there.

If you want us to help you, that's what we're here for. If you don't, switch to the theology forum, and lay down your religious views there.

This is incredible

It says ExChristian on the door not Hate Jesus or keep out

why don't you just cancel my account instead of locking me out?

if I'd known what goes here I wouldn't have posted, so why won't you let me remove my posts?

what a bunch of Nazis

what is the matter with you people?

Dunno, maybe tired of delusion? Praying to non-existant beings?

This is incredible

It says ExChristian on the door not Hate Jesus or keep out

why don't you just cancel my account instead of locking me out?

if I'd known what goes here I wouldn't have posted, so why won't you let me remove my posts?

what a bunch of Nazis

We are generally biased against Christianity. We've been there and rejected it. Okay? Many of us think that Christianity is a myth that no longer functions. And we can be hard on Christians sometimes.