Goodbye Jesus

Ex-Christian is an Oxymoron

Parture

The Bible says once saved always saved so that when God gives eternal life it is eternal at new birth.

God is Almighty and Powerful to know when to give eternal life forever and when not to, since God of the Bible has infinite foreknowledge and trumps your god always.

When you are a child of God you are always and forever, for having died with Christ and receiving his substitition at the cross, you have resurrection life. Amen.

Ergo, you were never a Christian to begin with if you are an Ex-Christian. You are what the Bible calls the "tare" in the outward appearance of the kingdom of heaven, still unborn by God into the new creation, and still an unregenerate.

Wow, people sure do pound this read, as soon as it is posted like ganging. I feel a ganging come upon me.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• spamandham

• Antlerman

• Brother Jeff

The Bible says once saved always saved so that when God gives eternal life it is eternal at new birth.

God is Almighty and Powerful to know when to give eternal life forever and when not to, since God of the Bible has infinite foreknowledge and trumps your god always.

When you are a child of God you are always and forever, for having died with Christ and receiving his substitition at the cross, you have resurrection life. Amen.

Ergo, you were never a Christian to begin with if you are an Ex-Christian. You are what the Bible calls the "tare" in the outward appearance of the kingdom of heaven, still unborn by God into the new creation, and still an unregenerate.

Do you have any idea how often that lie has been spewed on ExC? We were Christians: we believed that Jesus was God, that the Bible was true, were baptized and received the wafer and booze.

So many Christians try to tell us who and what we are, and they've never met us.

Uh oh. You are not a True Christian. "Judge not..." blah blah blah.

All I know is when I was little I believed in god and that jesus washed away my sins everytime I asked him to in a honest humbled attitude. I believed that jesus died for everyones sins who accepted him as lord and savior.

I don't believe that anymore. I am an atheist now.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Aximoron

Aximoron? What the hell is an "aximoron"? :lmao: I think you meant "oxymoron", Brother Parture.

Many people have walked away from Christianity once they have become aware of the fact that it isn't true, and that in fact the Christian religion has no demonstrable basis in reality. Many testimonies of former Christians are available on this site. I suggest that you take the time to read them and pay attention to the reasons people give for leaving the faith. My own former Christian testimony is posted here:

http://www.religionisbullshit.org/why_atheist.htm

By the way, what, exactly, is an "Aximoron?"

Look!

Same shit different day!

I'll just put in my $.02 since you were so gracious to share yours with us.

Ready?

Here it goes.

Your entire post was not based on anything verifyable. The bible cannot be proven and christianity is based on that book.

You post stems from faith in an unproven tome, and was also laced with opinion. You are entitled to have an opinion, just as we are entitled to not give a crap about your opinion.

Since we no longer believe in your book, or in your faith, your post is meaningless to us as it is based on a religion we no longer hold to be true.

As for your opinion.....

WE DON'T CARE

Have a nice day! :grin:

Parture,

When I came to this site I thought the very same thing that you do. I finally took the time to read some of the testimonies posted and there was one that really jumped out at me. Read the Webmaster's testimony here and see if you still feel the way you do. I see myself in his testimony......serving the Lord faithfully for many years and I still can't imagine myself walking away. If you read closely, I don't think many of them thought they could, either. So how do you explain it?

I also believed in once saved always saved (if truly saved). But if God promises to never leave us.....isn't is still possible for us to leave Him?

I'm not siding with anyone here but I'm curious as to what you think.

Tap

:Wendywhatever:

Once a Christian always one aye? Perhaps if you read some of the Anti-T's you might have a better understanding of where us "real' former Christians are coming from.

You fear so much the truth you have to denounce it before you even look at it. Pretty good for your first post, incoherent, bad spelling and little substance, hope you hang around and learn a little before you decide to bolt. :shrug:

I am curious: Above your little fishies, it says "Gawd of Buy~bull...drool.."

Wha-?

The Mods add those little snippets.  LOL!  When fundies are identified, depending on their level of irritation, they give them an appropriate label.

Madame M, I love your posts!

Where can I get an aximoron? I'm afraid I'd wear mine out in a week.

I don't condone what the Romans did to Christians, but I understand it. :grin:

Wow, people sure do pound this read, as soon as it is posted like ganging. I feel a ganging come upon me.

Troll.

I think it's best to ax morons like these...

?????

Parture, I have zero clue what you're saying here. (The rest of your post is incoherent as well.)

Could you please make a better second effort so I don't have to waste my time lambasting you for simply being an idiot? It appears that this may be a "prank" post, designed to stir up everyone here. As such, I won't bother dignifying you with the requisite scorn and derision you seem to richly deserve.

Better luck next time. :grin:

Oh, yeah, I forgot one thing:

Jesus said on the cross "Eli, eli, lema sabaktani" (roughly written arameic)

"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

So how could Jesus be "disconnected" from God since he was perfect, without sin and in true connection with God?

So according to the Bible, it is possible to be "in" God and then be disconnected, right? So your teachings are heretic and you are not a true Christian, so be gone with you Satan, and stop spreading your lies on this site!!!

Not true.

The Bible says that what God the Father gives Jesus, Jesus will never loose, but the problem is that you gave your life to Jesus and not to the Father, so the Father never gave You to Jesus, You gave You to Jesus, so the rule doesn't apply. Or maybe you did ask the Father to save you the right way? Or did you miss that part and gave your life to Jesus, so now you're not really saved?

There is also a theory that if you fall out of love, you weren't in love in the first place. Having been in both situations, I can tell you that a person can truly change her mind. There is no doubt that I was once deeply committed to faith, and I fought long and hard to hold onto it. But no matter how tightly I closed my eyes, the light crept in.

The question to you, Parture, is why does this bother you - and other xtians - so much? Why can't you just accept that we've made our own decisions for ourselves, and that we have that right? Do you have fears about the stability of your own faith?

Christianity is just another cult. You can either belong to a cult and be a cult member, or you can be an ex-cult member. I am an ex-cult member. I hope you will be someday, too.

Well then, since God is just choosing who he wants to save, why are you, Parture, bothering with us?

Take it up with God. Your a True Christian and being like the True Christian that you are, you are capable of great things, like the Apostles in Acts. Now, we are not asking you to raise the dead here, or physically move a mountain through prayer, but surely if you pray hard enough - being the true christian that you are, God will just convert us and push through whatever barriers you can think of why we were never Christians.

A pretty simple recipe for success everytime. I am surprised more True Christians like yourself have not thought of this before.

So, get to it Axi-Jackson!

The question to you, Parture, is why does this bother you - and other xtians - so much?  Why can't you just accept that we've made our own decisions for ourselves, and that we have that right?  Do you have fears about the stability of your own faith?

BINGO!!! We have a winner! Show him what he's won, Bob. :lmao:

Christians™ are absolutely TERRIFIED of the realization that True Believers™ can apostasize. If it can happen to us, then it can happen to them. Since this is a truth they wish to deny, they deny that we were ever Christians™. Much easier to dismiss us that way.

"First anual Christiaholics anonymous Meeting"

Hello I'm BuddhistCommunist.

(group) Hello BuddhistCommunist.

And I'd like to say that I've been without the christian cult for two years now.

*group cheers*

Hello I'm BuddhistCommunist.

(group) Hello BuddhistCommunist.

And I'd like to say that I've been without the christian cult for two years now.

*group cheers*

Yay! :woohoo:

Holy shit people! :eek:

I don't believe you gave this dude this big of a response. :shrug:

I'll be surprised if the seagull comes back. The first post shows just about every sign of someone who dropped by, dropped their turd, and flew off to another board in order to spread The Dung. :shrug:

Holy shit people!  :eek:

I don't believe you gave this dude this big of a response.  :shrug:

Fundies are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. We've been a little thin on Snacki-Twits lately......

Can you blame us for gorging?

Fundies are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. We've been a little thin on Snacki-Twits lately......

Can you blame us for gorging?

:HaHa:

*Amethyst takes out Sooper Dooper Shiny Sword of Troll-Spanking + 5*

Smack!

:spanka:

Since you obviously believe everything the Bible says, what do you think about biblical truths like talking donkeys, sticks turning into snakes, flying horses, angels having sex with humans, etc, even though no sane person would ever accept these absurdities as truth?

Do you reject all of reality in favor of fantasy, or only the parts of reality that conflict with your delusions? At what point in your life did you abandon logic and rational thought and decide to let your hallucinations and primitive superstitions from the ancient middle-east guide your life? Just curious :Hmm: