Goodbye Jesus

Ex-Christian is an Oxymoron

Parture

Sadly, so was I.  I wasn't a flake, more a young idealist looking for answers.  Not all people who are fundi's are flakes, but those who are flakes (I should be polite and say unstable, or unbalanced), quite often seemed to be drawn to their ideas.  The fact that you and I left them should at least say something positive, don't you think?

Puh! Thanks. Now I can breathe again. :grin:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• spamandham

• Antlerman

• Brother Jeff

Cripes! People are still posting here, and Troy's only posted once or twice in this thread? That's it, I'm killing this thread!

artworkimages423822183163463ma.jpg

OH NOES!!!!11 Its teh gayzzor batzman! H3s g4i 4 joo! Roflz!!!

OMG U R TEH SUXX PWNZOR JOO ROFL!

Cripes! People are still posting here, and Troy's only posted once or twice in this thread?  That's it, I'm killing this thread!

artworkimages423822183163463ma.jpg

OH NOES!!!!11 Its teh gayzzor batzman! H3s g4i 4 joo! Roflz!!!

OMG U R TEH SUXX PWNZOR JOO ROFL!

Great Batman Pic!!! :lmao:

Lately I've made the Batman my new diety, Praise Batman, but that's not quite the image I had in mind! :lmao:

Cripes! People are still posting here, and Troy's only posted once or twice in this thread? 

At this point, we're just having fun, as batman can attest. The dragon was slain and it's time to partay.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb dumb! Dum-dumb! Dumb-dumb!

Were I, a none and never adherent of Christian faith to come across a member of this forum whilst they still maintained their fundy-faith, and one who still does such as yourself in the same space and time, would I be able to tell the difference, of course not. because there would be none. Such arguments are defensive, psychologically self-interested nonsense designed specifically to insulate the adherent from critically considering that people can indeed "truly believe" in God, Jesus, etc, yet abandon their "belief" based upon rational and considered anlaysis thereof.

I suppose I could get quite angry about this and tell you to go fuck yourself Exorcist style, but I'm not a vengeful person by nature.

The Bible says once saved always saved so that when God gives eternal life it is eternal at new birth.

Apparently this troll has not read Ezekiel 18.

Jesus Christ, why can't we get some Christians that have actually read the book!!?? Lord, is that just too much to ask of you? Must we forever put up with these floppy bible waving like a magic wand Billy Sunday regurgitating, James Dobson ass licking fools? Is this what hell is like? Almost, you convince me.

Amen

PS Why do Christians always mention this Egyptian God at the end of every prayer? Doesn't that piss you off?

The Bible says once saved always saved so that when God gives eternal life it is eternal at new birth.

God is Almighty and Powerful to know when to give eternal life forever and when not to, since God of the Bible has infinite foreknowledge and trumps your god always.

When you are a child of God you are always and forever, for having died with Christ and receiving his substitition at the cross, you have resurrection life. Amen.

Ergo, you were never a Christian to begin with if you are an Ex-Christian. You are what the Bible calls the "tare" in the outward appearance of the kingdom of heaven, still unborn by God into the new creation, and still an unregenerate.

Wow, people sure do pound this read, as soon as it is posted like ganging. I feel a ganging come upon me.

Well, your holy book doesn't seem to say so. Hebrews 6:4-6 seems to say that once you are saved you can lose your salvation but on the provision that you can never come back into the fold. In fact, we can say the same thing about many a convert to Christianity "If you claim to be a former atheist/agnostic/skeptic/freethinker who converted, then you are just fooling yourself because if you did your homework you were never a real one to begin with and would never have joined the Christian faith"

Matthew

Amen

PS Why do Christians always mention this Egyptian God at the end of every prayer?  Doesn't that piss you off?

Wouldn't it be great if it could be shown that Amen is in fact the roigen of 'amen'?

Wouldn't it be great if it could be shown that Amen is in fact the roigen of 'amen'?

Spamandham and Chef, you guys are very smart! Researching your hunch, I found some very compelling information for your assertion. At these sites below, you will find info... some of which I've posted. What do you think?

http://touregypt.net/amen.htm

Of the attributes ascribed to Amen in the Ancient Empire nothing is known, but, if we accept the meaning "hidden" which is usually given to his name, we must conclude that he was the personification of the hidden and unknown creative power which was associated with the primeval abyss, gods in the creation of the world, and all that is in it. The word or root amen, certainly means "what is hidden," "what is not seen," "what cannot be seen," and the like,

http://touregypt.net/amenprst.htm

The highest conception of Amen-Ra under the XIXth and Xxth Dynasties was that of an invisible creative power which was the source of all life in heaven, and on earth, and in the great deep, and in the Underworld, and which made itself manifest under the form Ra. Nearly every attribute of deity with which we are made familiar by the hymns to Ra was ascribed to Amen after his union with Ra; but the priests of Amen were not content with claiming that their god was one of the greatest of the deities of Egypt, for they proceed to declare that there was no other god like him, and that he was the greatest of them all.

Wow, Amanda, you got a good skill to find facts. Nice info!

Thanks Amanda! Now if we just knew how ancient Egyptian and ancient Hebrew were actually pronounced...

Thanks Amanda!  Now if we just knew how ancient Egyptian and ancient Hebrew were actually pronounced...

Actually Mythra pointed out a technique that reminded me of a documentary I had seen. Mythra suggested that Israel evolved from Isis, Ra, El. I think I asked him about this, yet it seems he left town or something. I hope he isn't upset with me, as I have a lot of respect for him... even if he doesn't for me, yet he is a great gentleman and maybe I frustrate him in my nontraditional Christian beliefs.. :shrug: Whatever?

Back to the point... the Rosetta Stone has the same anoncement in 3 languages of these times in which it was made... one being Greek, one Hieroglyphics, one Demotic. Using the Greek, the ability to decode heiroglyphics was made over many years. The documentary I saw on TV explaining this, seemed to use the same technique that Mythra was using for the word Israel. Mythra seems to be more knowledgeable in this area than I... in the mythology part, and I think he has some great insights into this area... which seems to have merit to me. More about the Rosetta Stone here: http://www.crystalinks.com/rosetta.html

I hate to rain on your parade fellas, as I do like you guys a lot... yet I do want to assert that it is my personal interpretation that there is a supreme entity that wants to make itself known to man... and this may be a path it is revealing itself to us. Hey... I'm open minded and am obviously listening and learning, as I obviously learn a LOT from you... I just want to be upfront... I just sense that you, like me, are interested in knowing the truth fearlessly, NOT engaging in blind ambition in 'being right'. :thanks:

Guest Priapus
Here's a belligerent response for you:

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU HARD AND FAST WITH A FLAMING BACKHOE. SIDEWAYS.

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark. Prolly gonna spill diesel fuel all over too.

I don't think it's SBF as he was more coherent and literate than this one. Could be that Troy. He's got the same simplistic approach and vacant, staring quality.

• 5 months later...

Man, how did I miss this schizo? It's not fair - he's gone before I get a chance to get my licks in!

For real, tho: this guy's problem isn't religion - he's mentally ill. :fun:

Hebrews 6:4-6 seems to say that once you are saved you can lose your salvation but on the provision that you can never come back into the fold.
Biblical proof that Ex-Christians can indeed exist... Let's see him weasel out of that one! :woohoo:

Hebrews 6:4-6 seems to say that once you are saved you can lose your salvation but on the provision that you can never come back into the fold.
Biblical proof that Ex-Christians can indeed exist... Let's see him weasel out of that one! :woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: