Goodbye Jesus

www.onlinechristianityteacher.com

OnlineChristianityTeacher

doesn't seem right to use Dave's website as advertising tool. I think it would be different if he "preached the gospel" right here.....but again, not just to advertise. Perhaps he could pay Dave?

I am most interested in "advertising" Jesus Christ and work for free :-) ("Zzzz")

Matthew 24:14 (King James Version)

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnlineChristianityTeacher

• Ouroboros

• nightflight

• Deva

doesn't seem right to use Dave's website as advertising tool. I think it would be different if he "preached the gospel" right here.....but again, not just to advertise. Perhaps he could pay Dave?

I am most interested in "advertising" Jesus Christ and work for free :-) ("Zzzz")

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

and take for free as well, from where I am standing

and take for free as well, from where I am standing

Um, alright...

No way! Are you staying just because people are still responding? Priceless.

This website never sleeps, so forget your request. People will keep on posting day and night for the next week in this thread. Lets see how long you can stay up...

Point taken - logging out - I cannot say when and if I will return.

If people want to get in touch, please visit: "OnlineChristianityTeacher.com".

Thank you for your time. Peace :-).

Proof positive that the adage is true, "You get what you pay for."

• Super Moderator

This troll is a fucking broken record. :-) ("Zzzz")

So how bout' them Yankees?

Guest I Love Dog
Too bad, world is still here. Another wrong prediction.

We'll see :-).

I could write better stuff than the dickheads of 2000 years ago.

Why not read Ray Bradbury instead of the holey babble? It's more prophetic. H W Wells, even.

Perhaps the best book for you would be Jesus Never Existed available from Jesus Never Existed

Don't waste your time on Christianity and gospels, it'll be dead and forgotten in not too many years.

There have been 20,000 religions and 30,000 gods on this planet in the past 6000 years. There's never been any evidence for even one of the gods.

You are just screaming in a tornado trying to preach to us. We've already heard it, rejected it, so move on.

You can sleep when the end of the world depends on you?

Not me - it depends on Jesus :-).

Opinion noted. So, we don't need you; just Jesus and the scriptures:

2Tim.3:16,17 KING JAMES:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and it is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Been there. Done that. Moved on.

OCT (or should that be OCD?), I predict that you, yourself will never see heaven nor hell. I also predict that you will become an Ex-Christian at the instant that your physical body dies, if not sooner.

To all of you, opinions noted.

I LOVE Haysus....

Just paid him off for another good summers yard work and gardening...

ALL PRAISE Jesus! That sumbitch saved me a lotta handwork!

kL

OCT, You know, it's hard to claim that one is 'preaching' or trying to 'spread the Gospel' when one has yet to actually make a point.

You've not done any preaching, you've made no arguments, and you've not actually responded to anyone. Sorry, but your 'quips' do not qualify as responses, they have no substance, do not address any of the issues brought up [were there any?], and you've not bothered to 'advertise' Jesus, just your website.

At this point, you couldn't pay me to visit it, because rather than engage us, you've simply blown us off and repeatedly mentioned the address. That's not preaching, that's self serving, blatant, SPAM.

I've got absolutely no reason to visit the site whatsoever. I have no reason to believe that there will be anything intelligent on it, and see no reason to be curious about it.

As far as I'm concerned, it's probably nothing more than 'opinion noted' and 'www.Iamanasshat.com'.

Thus, you are a tool. It's not because you're Christian, but because the only purpose of this entire thread is to repeatedly say the name of your website, and dodge answering any questions with uncute quips that have no intellectual value.

No one cares about your website, or cares to have a look. You're advertising ploy is simply annoying, and I seriously doubt you've piqued anyone's interest by showing up, making no points, discussion, or even bothering with preaching a word of your 'Lord's Word'. You've not attempted any sort of conversation aside from annoying small talk and the posting of your site address.

Posting Bible quotes and telling us you feel sorry for us is not preaching evangelizing, or anything of the sort. It's just annoying, and you've made a very bad impression.

Here's a protip for this site. Don't post Bible verses. We're Ex-Christians, meaning all of us were once Christians, and some of us still are. -We know what the Bible says already-. Bringing it up and quoting it is about the worst possible argument to attempt to use in this format.

If it's relevant and directly related to the topic of discussion, fine. However, just putting them up 'for us to see' or using them as arguments on their own will be completely ineffective. We will not be inspired by random quotations from your holy book.

We do not think it is 'Holy' and many of us barely consider it to be a 'Book'. With few exceptions, and those exceptions are already Christians. Most of this site does not think the Bible is a true story, a majority of those here think it is an Anthology of Jewish Fairy Tales, and complete myth.

We do not believe in it. We don't think it's particularly wise, we don't think it's well written, nor do we think it's a good place to find one's morals.

All of us have read it, most of us in it's entirety, and most of us know it very well, better than most Christians do. You see, we studied it at length, and that's a big part of -why- we deconverted.

You are not going to inspire us, or change our minds by simply posting quotes from the Holy Book of Horrors. It will not work here, we're not ignorant of your beliefs. We know the Christian position, we know the Christian arguments, we know the Christian world view, and we know what the Bible says already.

We think it is -wrong-.

Pretty much the only thing you've accomplished so far is preventing us from listening to you. Just because you're trying to sound cheerful and aren't cussing at us does not mean you've not insulted us. You have, and the fact that you probably don't realize it only makes it worse.

If you'd actually preached, attempted a discussion, or posed an argument of any kind, I might have been curious enough to check your link, but as it is, there's absolutely no way.

Get to the point, and figure it out, the only thing you've accomplished so far is irritating us and making us roll our eyes at the vapidity of your posts thus far.

What you've done is the internet equivalent of showing up at someone's door, and then just standing there in silence acting as if they were the one who had bothered you with their presence.

You don't seem to want anything. You certainly don't seem interested in 'spreading the word of God'. No. You're just trying to sell us your website, and it's obnoxious.

If you're not going to add anything with substance, and I don't mean long Copy Pastes of Bible.com Bible Quotes, then I suggest not bothering to post again.

Come with a point, come with an argument, come with a discussion, or don't bother coming. We're not stimulated, interested, or inspired by this. We're sure as hell not interested in having a look at your site if it's going to be as shallow as your posts so far.

I suggest you rethink your marketing scheme, because it doesn't seem at all like you're interested in spreading anyone's word but your own. So put up, or shut up.

This is not an opinion, it's an observation, and every thing I've stated about you and your methods thus far is a -fact- backed by the evidence of your previous posts.

I am very curious why we are indulging this idiot.

One look at his website and his above arguments proves that he hasn't got even an elementary understanding of the bible. It looks as though he found God on the back of a cereal box a week ago and felt the need to share. My 6 year old nephew could do a better job with the design. Who the heck does this guy think he is going to teach and why are we acknowledging his spamming? He brings nothing new to the table, can't answer any questions, doesn't even understand what it is he believes, but feels he can teach others? Get real.

Listed up "Teacher", and listen good: a lot of us here suffered greatly at the hands of your sadistic, hateful, ignorant CULT. We suffered greatly and it took a long time for those wounds to heal. We struggled to get away from people like you who buy into the this stupid death cult, who ram this shit down our throats and wont let us just lead our lives, THE ONLY LIVES WE HAVE. This is our haven away from people like you.

And while this may be overly harsh, I say it with the utmost disrespect: F*&k you, your bible, your church, your Jesus and the cross he died on.

Just as I thought, the troll had nothing of any substance to say. Only "opinion noted" like a broken record. How sad. Interesting when Christians come on here and face opposition they have nothing to say, but out in the real world they feel free to just go on and on with their nonsense.

Interesting when Christians come on here and face opposition they have nothing to say...

Alright, I will respond to that and first of all, I apologise if I have insulted anyone and would prefer not to have if possible and also please do not think that I am trying to directly insult anyone by what I write following: it is just my personal opinion and appreciate that people may choose to disagree with it :-).

Here is the summation of my current knowledge I think - and it is a "warning" (in the sense of: "please be careful"). Jesus is coming to Judge "the living and the dead". We may have very little time whether to accept or reject him as our Saviour - either because of our own mortality or that the offer of Eternal Life will be withdrawn prior to his Second Coming. Eternal Life is a gift, not something that one can earn. If you have not already accepted (prayed to) Jesus for Eternal Life, please consider making that decision now and repent of your sins/turn from sin etc..

People can say that they agree or disagree with my opinion and sorrowfully respect their choice, if they reject Jesus's Salvation, as "imagination", or that "he never existed" etc. - of course, that is their decision to make by themselves and not for me to make (ie "enforce") for anyone.

I would prefer if you have any Christianity questions to write them in the forum: "onlinechristianityteacher.com/Forum" (or e-mail: "info@onlinechristianityteacher.com") - though, if you prefer to only reply here, that is fine, although will of course possibly check back in here less often (i.e., "when and if") - one of the reasons is that I am quite busy and it is easier for me to organise etc..

Peace and love.

Philip.

Name of the forum - EX-christian. We've heard it. We've considered it. We've lived it. Some of us preached it, some of us witnessed it (I did, in a music group, on three continents). EX. We've rejected it. There's no 'judgement' coming, I am in no fear whatsoever. Thanks anyway.

Alright, I will respond to that and first of all, I apologise if I have insulted anyone and would prefer not to have if possible and also please do not think that I am trying to directly insult anyone by what I write following: it is just my personal opinion and appreciate that people may choose to disagree with it :-).

Here is the summation of my current knowledge I think - and it is a "warning" (in the sense of: "please be careful"). Jesus is coming to Judge "the living and the dead". We may have very little time whether to accept or reject him as our Saviour - either because of our own mortality or that the offer of Eternal Life will be withdrawn prior to his Second Coming. Eternal Life is a gift, not something that one can earn. If you have not already accepted (prayed to) Jesus for Eternal Life, please consider making that decision now and repent of your sins/turn from sin etc..

Nothing new here, Philip. I do find it a bit insulting that you would assume we have not heard this about a million times, and so feel the need to fill us in once again. It sort of makes us think that you believe we are stupid. I am not taking it personally, since it is the internet.

Your "personal opinion" is not yours, it is that of the doctrine of your religion. What do you really think about it? If you were to tell us how this warning of future judgment has benefited your life, maybe we would find it more interesting. It is actually hard for me to imagine how standing before a Judge isn't going to make you a bit paranoid. How do you know you are going to escape judgment yourself? Are you so certain that one prayer is going to do the job?

The threat of "very little time" is simply ineffectual, since nothing has happened in 2,000 years, and your ideas of what happen after death are impossible to prove. Many of us have prayed the "sinner's prayer" at one time or another and the result for us is that we do not believe it has had any good effect on our lives. In fact, quite the opposite.

The "free gift" idea is always amusing. It is neither free nor is it a gift. If there is nothing whatsoever for us to do, then why are you here? You are simply wasting your time.

Name of the forum - EX-christian. We've heard it. We've considered it. We've lived it. Some of us preached it, some of us witnessed it (I did, in a music group, on three continents). EX. We've rejected it. There's no 'judgement' coming, I am in no fear whatsoever. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for replying.

Peace.

Philip.

It sort of makes us think that you believe we are stupid.

That was not my intention.

I am not taking it personally

Great.

Your "personal opinion" is not yours, it is that of the doctrine of your religion.

Good point - I meant "personal opinion" in the context of relating to me, not necessarily to others.

What do you really think about it? If you were to tell us how this warning of future judgment has benefited your life, maybe we would find it more interesting. It is actually hard for me to imagine how standing before a Judge isn't going to make you a bit paranoid. How do you know you are going to escape judgment yourself? Are you so certain that one prayer is going to do the job?

Personally, for me I think that I would have no chance without accepting Jesus' sacrifice.

The threat of "very little time" is simply ineffectual, since nothing has happened in 2,000 years, and your ideas of what happen after death are impossible to prove. Many of us have prayed the "sinner's prayer" at one time or another and the result for us is that we do not believe it has had any good effect on our lives. In fact, quite the opposite.

I agree that "no man knoweth the day or the hour", although possibly with the internet/planes etc., the potential for Evangelising must hugely be increased.

The "free gift" idea is always amusing. It is neither free nor is it a gift. If there is nothing whatsoever for us to do, then why are you here? You are simply wasting your time.

In that case you would be right.

Thank you for replying.

Peace.

Philip.

This is not knowledge, it's a belief. They are not the same thing. You see, in order to qualify as 'knowledge' or to claim that you 'know' something, you need to be able to prove it, you must be able to provide evidence that the claim is true.

There is no evidence prior to a hundred years after his death, with the exception of two known forgeries, that Jesus even existed. There's no archeological evidence, no contemporary records, no first hand accounts, and no claims of his existence exist from within his lifetime. There is nothing until hundreds of years after the fact. That's very strange, as there were many who would have recorded the existence of such a man living in that area at the time. It's one of the most well documented areas of the world in the period. That's very suspect.

The earliest evidence is a partial scrap of a small section of a gospel that isn't younger than about a hundred years after his death. Complete manuscripts of any of the Gospels do not show up until hundreds of years later.

That means that the only 'evidence' that Jesus was even a real person is hearsay. Hearsay is not evidence by any standard.

Feel free to provide evidence otherwise.

There is absolutely no evidence of 'Eternal Life'. No reason whatsoever to think that claim is true in any way. It's just an unverifiable, and unfalsifiable assertion with no real basis. So why think that it's true? Wishing that something might be true is one thing, actually believing it is another.

I for one have absolutely no desire to live forever. I think such a thing sounds much much nicer than it would really turn out to be.

What is Sin anyway? I certainly don't behave in a 'sinful' manner. Being an Atheist does not give license for a person to behave however they want, whenever they want. There's no evidence Morals come from God.

I also find the scripture rather insulting in how it views the moral standards of 'God'. It clearly states that the most important thing is to 'believe' and 'have faith'.

If the best measure of my worth as a person your God can come up with is how much I think he's real, then he's not worth worshiping.

If he really thinks that faith is a better measure of moral character than behavior, then he's just a vain, petty, insecure loser, and I certainly don't want to spend eternity with someone like that. Never mind if he thinks calling him a bad name is a good excuse to punish someone for eternity.

Even 'eternal punishment' is wrong. Even for a lifetime of bad behavior it's excessive. A lifetime is finite, but eternal punishment is not. Doing something like that is neither merciful nor loving.

If the only reason you act like a good person and live without 'sin' as you put it, is because you're afraid of being punished and that you think God is looking over your shoulder, you're a terrible human being and you are in severe need of counseling and therapy.

There is no evidence of any correlation between having faith and good behavior. In fact, the evidence contradicts such claims. The Census Bureau polling results for prison clearly indicates otherwise. 75% of the US is Christian, 75% of the inmate population is Christian. 10% of the US population is Atheist, 0.02% of the inmate population is Atheist. These statistics have remained consistent for as long as polls have been taken, and are supported by data from other countries as well.

Feel free to prove otherwise.

People can say that they agree or disagree with my opinion and sorrowfully respect their choice, if they reject Jesus's Salvation, as "imagination", or that "he never existed" etc. - of course, that is their decision to make by themselves and not for me to make (ie "enforce") for anyone.

We feel sorry for you too. We don't think there is anything to reject.

We don't need to prove that Jesus is imaginary, or that he didn't exist. Christians have to prove that he did exist.

The burden of proof lies on those making claims, not those who question their validity or ask for evidence to prove the claims.

You cannot prove a negative. You cannot prove that something does not exist. There is no such thing as evidence of non-existence. There is no way to divide by Zero, no matter what your calculator thinks.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claims you're making about Jesus are very extraordinary claims. You said so, someone told you, and an old book of Jewish Fairy Tales full of absurdities and glaring errors is not enough.

You cannot use the Bible to prove that the Bible is true. That's called circular reasoning.

What evidence do you have for your claims beyond hearsay or claims based on your own beliefs and nothing else? Do you have any evidence that any of this is true? Can these claims even be verified? Can they be falsified?

I'll put this simply. If I told you I had a dinosaur in my back yard, you would not believe me unless I showed you undeniable evidence that I did, or let you have a look at it and see it for yourself.

You would not take such a wild and outlandish claim on face value. You would require proof that my claim was true.

What exactly makes it okay to not believe absurd claims today, but not absurd claims from 2,000 years ago? What's the difference beyond time scale?

What gives God a free pass?

Why do you not subject him to the same standards of proof and evidence that you would for any other claim? That makes absolutely no sense.

I see absolutely no reason why God would not reward that kind of thinking rather than demonize it if he was real. The only group that benefits from believing in absurd claims with no evidence is the Church itself.

It's nothing but a power play for money and control. It's completely of human origin. If there was such a thing as God, there's absolutely no reason why he would care if I believed in him, or if I worshiped him or not. The very idea is just human arrogance and selfish self important crap. It's nothing but human vanity to think that the all powerful Lord of the Universe would think so much of us.

There's no evidence that is the case at all, and no reason to think it's true beyond our own collected insecurities and vanity.

I would prefer if you have any Christianity questions to write them in the forum: "onlinechristianityteacher.com/Forum" (or e-mail: "info@onlinechristianityteacher.com") - though, if you prefer to only reply here, that is fine, although will of course possibly check back in here less often (i.e., "when and if") - one of the reasons is that I am quite busy and it is easier for me to organise etc..

Peace and love.

Philip.

What part of 'Ex-Christian' don't you get?

We do not have 'questions' about Christianity. We used to -be- Christians. We already know all that stuff. It is not new to us and we already know all about it. We didn't 'miss' something, we didn't forget, -we do not think it is true, and we do not want or need your pity-. Having you look down at us with such smug self righteousness is not pleasant, and it only serves to irritate us.

Yes, that's exactly what you're doing, whether you realize it or not. Telling us how 'sorry' you are, and how 'you only want to help us'. Treating us like lost children you found wandering about the mall crying or something. We grew up, we don't believe in magic, we don't think there is an invisible man living in the sky who wants to be our friend.

We think you are delusional.

We do not need your help. We think -you- need help.

You've been brainwashed, perhaps this will explain it to you:

Author Unknown:

A Knock on the Door

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple.

The man spoke first: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me: "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss his ass?"

John: "If you kiss Hank's ass, he'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, he'll kick the shit out of you."

Me: "What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"

John: "Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do what ever he wants, and what he wants is to give you a million dollars, but he can't until you kiss his ass."

Me: "That doesn't make any sense. Why..."

Mary: "Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the ass?"

Me: "Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."

John: "Then come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me: "Do you kiss Hank's ass often?"

Mary: "Oh yes, all the time..."

Me: "And has he given you a million dollars?"

John: "Well no, you don't actually get the money until you leave town."

Me: "So why don't you just leave town now?"

Mary: "You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and he kicks the shit out of you."

Me: "Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's ass, left town, and got the million dollars?"

John: "My mother kissed Hank's ass for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."

Me: "Haven't you talked to her since then?"

John: "Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."

Me: "So what makes you think he'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"

Mary: "Well, he gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise; maybe you'll win a small lotto; maybe you'll just find a twenty dollar bill on the street."

Me: "What's that got to do with Hank?"

John: "Hank has certain connections."

Me: "I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."

John: "But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's ass he'll kick the shit of you."

Me: "Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to him, get the details straight from him..."

Mary: "No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."

Me: "Then how do you kiss his ass?"

John: "Sometimes we just blow him a kiss, and think of his ass. Other times we kiss Karl's ass, and he passes it on."

Me: "Who's Karl?"

Mary: "A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's ass. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."

Me: "And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss his ass, and that Hank would reward you?"

John: "Oh no! Karl's got a letter Hank sent him years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

John handed me a photocopy of a handwritten memo on "From the desk of Karl" letterhead. There were eleven items listed:

1. Kiss Hank's ass and he'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.

2. Use alcohol in moderation.

3. Kick the shit out of people who aren't like you.

4. Eat right.

5. Hank dictated this list himself.

6. The moon is made of green cheese.

7. Everything Hank says is right.

8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.

9. Don't drink.

10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.

11. Kiss Hank's ass or he'll kick the shit out of you.

Me: "This would appear to be written on Karl's letterhead."

Mary: "Hank didn't have any paper."

Me: "I have a hunch that if we checked we'd find this is Karl's handwriting."

John: "Of course, Hank dictated it."

Me: "I thought you said no one gets to see Hank?"

Mary: "Not now, but years ago he would talk to some people."

Me: "I thought you said he was a philanthropist. What sort of philanthropist kicks the shit out of people just because they're different?"

Mary: "It's what Hank wants, and Hank's always right."

Me: "How do you figure that?"

Mary: "Item 7 says Everything Hanks says is right.' That's good enough for me!"

Me: "Maybe your friend Karl just made the whole thing up."

John: "No way! Item 5 says 'Hank dictated this list himself.' Besides, item 2 says 'Use alcohol in moderation,' item 4 says 'Eat right,' and item 8 says 'Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.' Everyone knows those things are right, so the rest must be true, too."

Me: "But #9 says 'Don't Drink,' which doesn't quite go with #2. And #6 says 'The moon is made of green cheese,' which is just plain wrong."

John: "There's no contradiction between 9 and 2; 9 just clarifies 2. As to 6, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure."

Me: "Scientists have pretty firmly established that the moon is made of rock..."

Mary: "But they don't know if the rock came from the Earth, or from out of space, so it could just as easily be green cheese."

Me: "I'm not really an expert, but I think the theory that the Moon came from the Earth has been discounted. Besides, not knowing where the rock came from doesn't make it cheese."

John: "Aha! You just admitted that scientists make mistakes, but we know Hank is always right!"

Me: "We do?"

Mary: "Of course we do, Item 5 says so."

Me: "You're saying Hank's always right because the list says so, the list is right because Hank dictated it, and we know that Hank dictated it because the list says so. That's circular logic, no different than saying 'Hank's right because he says he's right.'"

John: "Now you're getting it! It's so rewarding to see someone come around to Hank's way of thinking."

Me: "But...oh, never mind. What's the deal with wieners?"

Mary blushes. John says: "Wieners, in buns, no condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is wrong."

Me: "What if I don't have a bun?"

John: "No bun, no wiener. A wiener without a bun is wrong."

Me: "No relish? No Mustard?"

Mary looks positively stricken. John shouts: "There's no need for such language! Condiments of any kind are wrong!"

Me: "So a big pile of sauerkraut with some wieners chopped up in it would be out of the question?"

Mary sticks her fingers in her ears: "I am not listening to this. La la la, la la, la la la."

John: "That's disgusting. Only some sort of evil deviant would eat that..."

Me: "It's good! I eat it all the time."

Mary faints. John catches her: "Well, if I'd known you where one of those I wouldn't have wasted my time. When Hank kicks the shit out of you I'll be there, counting my money and laughing. I'll kiss Hank's ass for you, you bunless cut-wienered kraut-eater."

With this, John dragged Mary to their waiting car, and sped off.

This is literally how we see it. You're just making assertions you have no way of verifying and are claiming beliefs and opinions as facts.

God's word sounds remarkably like a Christian's personal opinion.

Since 'Pascal's Wager' usually comes in about this point, I'll bring that up too, just to keep a step ahead.

In case you didn't know 'Pascal's Wager' is the 'what if you're wrong?' argument.

'What if you're wrong about God, you don't lose anything if you're right, but you lose everything if you're wrong. Isn't it safer to just believe?' is the basic gist of it.

The answer is 'No.'

First of all, if God is impressed by such insincerity, he's an idiot and not worth worshiping. Even if I didn't worship him, if he'd be impressed by such a thing, I wouldn't have much trouble lying to him and tricking him into thinking I had.

Secondly, what if you're wrong? What if you end up being judged by Vishnu and he slaps you with his extra arms? Or Odin, or Allah, or Zeus, or Mithra, or Osiris, or any of the thousands of other Gods the world believes in?

Then what?

The simple fact is, there is no greater 'risk' for Atheist. No more than believing in any particular faith or God. The risk is exactly the same for all involved.

The only way to be sure would be to worship all Gods.

The catch is, none of them allow it, and they often have conflicting dogma. So it's really not possible.

At the end of the day, Christians take just as much chance as anyone else. There is no greater risk for any group. They all have an equal chance of being correct.

Also, if God had wanted me to believe in him, he wouldn't have tried so hard to mask his presence. He wouldn't have made the Geological record not fit the account of Genesis, he wouldn't have made the fossil record contradict his holy book, he wouldn't have allowed errors in his book to make it seem obvious that it's not true.

There's no reason to think that anything in the Bible is true at all. The evidence contradicts it, and it often even contradicts itself, contains continuity errors, and a myriad of problems.

It says the Earth is flat, that the Moon makes it's own light, and that pi=3. It claims that there are four legged insects, talking donkeys, talking snakes, witches, psychics, wizards, magicians, unicorns, giants, dragons, sea monsters, ghosts, demons, angels, and curses are all real things that actually exist.

Even Jesus can't get his story straight. He claims he'd be resurrected in three days and nights by his own words. Yet, Friday afternoon to Sunday morning do not equal three days and nights.

The account of what happened after the resurrection is completely different in each Gospel. Not just by matters of perspective, but the events are completely different. Jesus's last words are different in each book.

It's a poorly written obvious lie, and those errors and problems I mentioned are just a few. There's tons of them. Not to mention the morality issues.

There are rules for rape. It says that a woman should be forced to marry her rapist, that women should be bought. God commands slavery, human sacrifice, pillaging, genocide, and more.

He claims he doesn't punish the sins of an individual by punishing others, yet there are numerous examples of him doing -exactly that-.

The punishment for making fun of a bald man is death by bear mauling. There are rules about how severely you can beat your slaves and not be punished if they die as a result. Rules for how you can force a woman to marry you, how much it costs to buy a wife after you rape her.

God is shown as petty, vindictive, and not all powerful. Exodus claims you can outrun -God- in iron chariots. He's all knowing, yet constantly surprised and angered.

Not to mention the absurdity of the whole sending his son to die. For what?

He sends himself as his son, to die for something he caused, and forgive a punishment he decided. He then asks himself not to kill himself, but he doesn't listen to himself, and soon after asks his friends to eat his flesh and drink his blood. All to appease him own temper, for something he decided in the first place, so he can allow himself to let the spirits who died into the place he controls, because he locked them out, and didn't feel like letting them in.

What? Did he lose the keys to Heaven when he had dinner with Abraham and have to send Jesus to pick them up and then die so he could take them back?

Speaking of dinner with Abraham, that's another contradiction. No one is supposed to be able to 'see' God. Yet Abraham has dinner with him, and he moons Moses at one point. WTF?

The book is poorly written, there's just no getting around it. It's just a badly written bronze age collection of superstitions and justification for the bad behavior.

There's nothing divine about it.

From very briefly glancing (and just seen another longer response as well that you wrote when I was trying to reply to your first one), you seem to make some interesting points and who knows maybe I will go through those on my forum, for example, in the future one by one (or hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me) - however, please do feel welcome to ask individual specific questions there, if you are still "searching" (and of course, if you are no longer interested, that is your choice): "<link removed>".

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CHALLENGE TO EVERYONE - PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD IF IN FACT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE QUOTE (Matthew 24:14) AND SO WILL I (OF COURSE, SHOULD I MAKE A NEW THREAD ON "EX-CHRISTIAN", PLEASE DO CRITIQUE AS YOU WISH):

Alternatively, if you were still interested in anything, you can visit: "<link removed>" or e-mail "<link removed>".

Peace and I hope to see you all in Heaven (my opinion I know).

Love,

Philip.

[snip--don't quote the whole frigging post. It's very annoying.]

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CHALLENGE TO EVERYONE - PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD IF IN FACT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE QUOTE (Matthew 24:14)

Hey man, you don't have to quote the WHOLE post that you are replying to. It takes up tooooo much space.

This is the EXCer's site. We have the right to reply without believing your bible quote.

ContraBardus said quite the mouthful. Good luck countering his argument....

Here is the summation of my current knowledge I think - and it is a "warning" (in the sense of: "please be careful"). Jesus is coming to Judge "the living and the dead".

Sorry. Don't believe it.

We may have very little time whether to accept or reject him as our Saviour - either because of our own mortality or that the offer of Eternal Life will be withdrawn prior to his Second Coming.

It's just belief, not knowledge.

Eternal Life is a gift, not something that one can earn.

Then reincarnation in Hinduism sounds like a good choice.

If you have not already accepted (prayed to) Jesus for Eternal Life, please consider making that decision now and repent of your sins/turn from sin etc..

I did when I was 7 years old. But I realized God doesn't answer prayers of any kind, not even the ones that ask him to talk to you or give any kind of sign of his existence. I realized the God I believed in was not real. What is different with your version of Christian? I belonged to three different denominations, and went to Bible school, and mission trips. I even evangelized downtown and knocked on doors for quite some time. But I don't see God anywhere. And I don't see God do anything. But I do see a lot of imaginary thinking going on to explain natural phenomenon. To live in a self-induced delusion doesn't make a God real.

That's right.

I'd say, this is the wrong place to advertise for your website. If you come here, you talk here. Don't come here and tell people to go to your place, it's unethical. You said you only wanted to be accused of preaching the Gospel, but I'm accusing you of spamming. You're not preaching the Gospel at all, but you are spamming a lot.