Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

Anyway, I'm not surprised that she took Psychology courses (or so she claims). I noticed in my college days that a lot of Psychology students (though certainly not all) were really messed up individuals who had some self-awareness of their problems and so they went into that field of study in an attempt to learn how to overcome their personality disorders.

That's an angle I never thought of. I can see that it actually could make sense. Someone who just can't understand themselves going into a field where they study the same things they question. I guess that actually could be true. It's similar to a parent who goes into a field of medicine because her/his kid has some illness. We have friends that did just that.

It's something I've noticed enough of, too, to be curious whether it might be the case--not only psychology but the mental health field in general.

Umm..the truth is insulting. Thats just how it is. To find out that you are serving satan if you are not serving Jesus, is probably insulting to some people here. I dont apologize for that because that is what the Word says.

In order for me to "serve satan," satan would have to exist. He's just as much--or more--a mythical creature as is jesus.

I know Ms J has been banned--I started reading this thread from the end--and that this post was used as the tipping point. Just felt like pointing this out about the mythicalness of this satan creature. Her flagrant ego-pushing (e.g. she thinks even if she can't read people on her ignore list, they can still read her "preaching," which is what counts--UGH!) is repugnant and it was time to just get rid of her whichever way.

And her attitude toward her father--when I first read a copy of that post I thought it was about a former boyfriend. But her father...that is unacceptable. She presents no real, truly impossible, issue with him.

The only "issue" she presents in the parts I read is that he doesn't like her religion. My father doesn't like my beliefs, either, but so long as he doesn't preach at me--nor me at him--we manage to have a relationship based on common interests and our biological relationship.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that she took Psychology courses (or so she claims). I noticed in my college days that a lot of Psychology students (though certainly not all) were really messed up individuals who had some self-awareness of their problems and so they went into that field of study in an attempt to learn how to overcome their personality disorders.

That's an angle I never thought of. I can see that it actually could make sense. Someone who just can't understand themselves going into a field where they study the same things they question. I guess that actually could be true. It's similar to a parent who goes into a field of medicine because her/his kid has some illness. We have friends that did just that.

It's something I've noticed enough of, too, to be curious whether it might be the case--not only psychology but the mental health field in general.

Sometimes its tempting to paint them all as nuthatches.

I know someone whose teenage son asked to see a therapist as he was feeling some anxiety and having some black moods (what teenager doesn't, but I digress). A therapist was located and he started seeing the guy. After a couple of months the parents noted they were not getting any diagnosis, feedback or collaboration. When the mother pressed the therapist, he said he was seriously considering the kid as a candidate for schizophrenic penumbra, in other words, likely developing more or less the most serious mental illness one can have. He had actually unilaterally told the kid about this tentative diagnosis! In the next appointment he then told the kid his mother had called and divulged the entire contents of the conversation, thus driving a wedge between mother and son because certain things were discussed (she thought) in confidence. Long story short, the therapist was fired for grossly unprofessional behavior, the parents had a long conversation with the son, and eventually they worked out all his issues on their own. Today he is one of the most balanced and well adjusted, impressive young men you could imagine. Straight A's, active in the community, great sense of humor, and so on.

In short, the therapist turned a fairly typical adolescent speed-bump into a near disaster, and charged insurance $200 an hour for the privilege.

The take away from this was very interesting from me. First, upon research it turns out there is actually a school of thought in dealing with adolescents that the therapist must develop their own relationship with the child, which actually regards complete exclusion of the parents from the process as central to success. I could see this in certain situations such as abusive home situations, but not when you have obviously involved and caring parents coming to you and expecting you to assist them, not replace them. It would be stupid to assume that the parents don't know their child better than anyone else, absent evidence to the contrary. And it would be stupid to judge that solely on the basis of what a teen has to say about their parents. What teen doesn't think at least part-time that their parents are lame-ass losers who never listen to him or her and don't really care?

Second, this whole debacle arose because the therapist only about half listened (if that) to the family history and mixed it up with someone else's case file and thought that the mother and her extended family had a history of schizophrenia, which was not at all the case. He then coupled this with the fact that his new patient was very reserved and quiet and somewhat rigid, and then he had his aha moment. Basically grasping at straws to generate an interesting / exotic diagnosis that he wanted to see. "Oh, goody, I get to work with a real schizo!"

Third, this therapist had some pretty good reviews on the various web sites where patients comment on their doctors -- but the reviews were a lot like what you hear from religious folks -- what a great guy, I would have died without him, he understood me completely and told me what to do to turn my life around; I've seen him weekly for years and it makes all the difference. In other words, it was the really messed up, dependent types who were singing his praises. My guess is this guy just has a Jesus complex and likes dispensing grace and insight to the helpless. He's probably threatened by actual work and the idea of actually respecting his patients and their families.

Finally, the profession seems to reinforce and enable this kind of behavior. Many of us have experience firsthand how creeped out you can feel if a friend or relative becomes a shrink or therapist and then seems to be analyzing and judging everything you do in a supercilious sort of way. They have a way of dismissing criticism or disagreement as projection or resistance. You can't reason with them because they have the power to label anything they don't want to hear as some kind of mental illness symptom. Again -- sounds pretty similar to religious people.

I think a good therapist, if you can dig deep enough to find one, can be a great "hired friend" to help you through some tough spots but it's far from a slam-dunk. The sad thing is that if you're thinking of seeing a therapist you are almost by definition hurting and vulnerable, your energy is depleted and you're not possessed of the best and clearest judgment -- yet you're faced a situation where you need to be assertive, proactive and informed about choosing someone.

I think a good therapist, if you can dig deep enough to find one, can be a great "hired friend" to help you through some tough spots but it's far from a slam-dunk. The sad thing is that if you're thinking of seeing a therapist you are almost by definition hurting and vulnerable, your energy is depleted and you're not possessed of the best and clearest judgment -- yet you're faced a situation where you need to be assertive, proactive and informed about choosing someone.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about. I had so many bad experiences from counselors that I simply stopped seeing any and got myself an education. Which education was worth far more than any counselors I ever saw because it filled a real psychological need in my life. And helped me fill other needs. All the same, people kept telling me--almost forced me--to "get help" and "see a counselor." I was also given a really good reference that worked out, but ironically, that counselor said on my first visit that she doesn't think there is anything wrong with me.:twitch:

As I said, it worked out and she saw me for a while. Both she and I think it was helpful.

I'm glad to know the young man in your story turned out okay despite everything.

Whoop- knew it was bound to happen. buh-bye Justyna, hope you get the help you need. I'm just sad I wasn't around to witness it; been busy starting college.

But... I digress, she was small-minded and stuck-up with her Christianity- in shorter terms, she was a bitch.

Sorry Justyna, "the truth is insulting. That's just how it is. To find out that you are a bitch when you think you're a saint, is probably insulting to some people here. I don't apologize for that because that is what my better judgment says."

I had a interesting journey when it came to my psychologists... the first one I saw was a hardcore Christian. The first frickin' question he asked me was "where is God in your life?" and when I explained to him that I was Pagan, he immediately started to try CONVERTING me! Even my mother, who's a Roman Catholic and was sitting in the room with me, looked at him and said "What the hell does her religious beliefs have to do with her mental health?" After that, I contacted the Mental Health people and got a different psychologist, and this one was a Buddhist. He... was... WICKED!!! Loved that guy lol.

Then I just recently moved to where I'm living now, and my new one is an Atheist. I've only had one session with him so far, but he seems like he's going to work out just fine.

I just wish that when Christians went into those fields, that they could leave their desire to convert at the door. >.<

Nightangel

• Super Moderator

I had a interesting journey when it came to my psychologists... the first one I saw was a hardcore Christian. The first frickin' question he asked me was "where is God in your life?"

I just wish that when Christians went into those fields, that they could leave their desire to convert at the door. >.<

Nightangel

Exactly! I asked Justyna more than once if she was going to use the fish symbol in her advertising (as a warning to potential clients) when she became a psychologist/counselor. Of course, that was just one of many questions she never answered. Oh, I should take that back. Eventually she did answer, with her typical response, that she "didn't want to talk about" her future psychology career anymore. Wendyloser.gif

Welcome Nightangel. I've enjoyed your posts and I'm glad Justyna's delusions were so obvious. See you around.

Okay... I've been a member to this site for quite a few months now, but only posted once when I first joined. I remembered the site again recently and came back to take a peek and, this was the first thread I clicked on.

I just read through all 59 pages of this thing... every... single... frickin'... post and there's no way I'm not leaving a comment after reading all THAT... So here it is...

What the ever loving FUCK is wrong with that Justyna chick?! Seriously, I've seen 12 year old xtians that were more respectful and tolerant of other people's beliefs!! And the fact that she's trying to be a PSYCHOLOGIST?!

I'm soooooooo happy my own psychologist is an open minded Atheist... O.O

Nightangel

I am the same Nightangel. I have been reading this right through but have not posted before. I think these people do far more harm than good for their cause. This Justyna is sick!

I had a interesting journey when it came to my psychologists... the first one I saw was a hardcore Christian. The first frickin' question he asked me was "where is God in your life?"

Nightangel

Exactly! I asked Justyna more than once if she was going to use the fish symbol in her advertising (as a warning to potential clients) when she became a psychologist/counselor. Of course, that was just one of many questions she never answered. Oh, I should take that back. Eventually she did answer, with her typical response, that she "didn't want to talk about" her future psychology career anymore. Wendyloser.gif

Welcome Nightangel. I've enjoyed your posts and I'm glad Justyna's delusions were so obvious. See you around.

Even if she does manage to get into the field, I'll bet you she'll have a hard time landing a job once word gets out about her methods. Even if she starts her own business, license and all, I highly doubt people are going to be going to her for more than a couple sessions. She won't last in that field long if her posts are anything to go by.

Nightangel

Okay... I've been a member to this site for quite a few months now, but only posted once when I first joined. I remembered the site again recently and came back to take a peek and, this was the first thread I clicked on.

I just read through all 59 pages of this thing... every... single... frickin'... post and there's no way I'm not leaving a comment after reading all THAT... So here it is...

What the ever loving FUCK is wrong with that Justyna chick?! Seriously, I've seen 12 year old xtians that were more respectful and tolerant of other people's beliefs!! And the fact that she's trying to be a PSYCHOLOGIST?!

I'm soooooooo happy my own psychologist is an open minded Atheist... O.O

Nightangel

:lol: But it sure was entertaining while it lasted.

Wow. Had some time to kill and read most of this thread.

Unfortunately, J. is full of much the same rhetoric I've been getting lately from Xtians I know.

Sometimes I wonder if Christianity is the road to brain damage.

Wow. Had some time to kill and read most of this thread.

Unfortunately, J. is full of much the same rhetoric I've been getting lately from Xtians I know.

Sometimes I wonder if Christianity is the road to brain damage.

Stop wondering. It is.