Goodbye Jesus

I Repent

Guest Perfect Insanity

Guest Perfect Insanity

I repent of my fucked up, burdensome, pointless existence. I have failed at every ambition I've ever had, big and small. I repent of everything I've ever done. I repent of treating people like shit when they treat me with undeserved love and compassion. I repent of being a weak, fragile, insecure liar. I repent of all the masks I wear. I would love to burn those fucking masks. I repent of everything I've ever said, everything I've ever done, every lie I've ever told, every ounce of hatred I've held in my heart, everything I've ever failed at. I repent of disgracing these forums with my fucked up presence. I repent of being born. Because according to the Bible, being born under a curse is apparently my own fault, and I'm apparently going to pay for it. I repent of ever opening that book and ever taking it seriously. That moment was my greatest downfall.

Guest Babylonian Dream

The Bible thinks we're at fault for the sins of our parents, what morality is that?

We always see just how immoral the Bible is, especially when it demonizes all that is human(e), and glorifies that which is inhuman(e)

I repent of my fucked up, burdensome, pointless existence. I have failed at every ambition I've ever had, big and small. I repent of everything I've ever done. I repent of treating people like shit when they treat me with undeserved love and compassion. I repent of being a weak, fragile, insecure liar. I repent of all the masks I wear. I would love to burn those fucking masks. I repent of everything I've ever said, everything I've ever done, every lie I've ever told, every ounce of hatred I've held in my heart, everything I've ever failed at. I repent of disgracing these forums with my fucked up presence. I repent of being born. Because according to the Bible, being born under a curse is apparently my own fault, and I'm apparently going to pay for it. I repent of ever opening that book and ever taking it seriously. That moment was my greatest downfall.

Since you have so contritely repented, my son, I grant you absolution.

Muse...niiice! I knew I liked you, OF - you're alright after all ;)

Muse...niiice! I knew I liked you, OF - you're alright after all ;)

I'm glad you approve. :grin:

Hey there PI! How far are you through that horrible crappy book (the bible)?

You know what? You're a human being. All those things you've listed are simple human failings that everyone feels they have done sometimes.

You don't have to repent for what you sometimes feel you are. I am a total loser sometimes, an idiot, I do dumb things. I'm pretty much doing all the things you've itemised in your original post. But I don't have to repent for it. Instead, I just accept that the past is the past and that I'm a human, and inherently good.

When I fuck up, I don't have to repent. The only person I answer to is myself, and my own conscience. My conscience is pretty good. I hold myself accountable for things I do, and try to make amends. I don't seek absolution from some distant, uninvolved, nonexistant god. If I do something wrong, I try to fix it, not go crying to a big invisible parent to kiss it better and put a band aid on it.

Keep reading that book. When you've got through the Old Testament, I hope you can see from another perspective how truly awful it is. There is NO WAY a loving god exists who would be happy with parents stoning children, women being stoned to death for being raped in the city, or little kids being ripped to shreds by wild bears for calling an old man 'bald head'.

The god of the bible can't exist. He's run out of room to hide. You need to help yourself and keep reading the bible critically to see how obviously manmade this god is. Then, you need to bolster your understanding of the real world with a few good books on popular science. T. Berra's "Evolution and the Myth of Creationism" is a great one. It really helped me.

You need to stop getting discouraged and actually do something to help yourself. Expose yourself to more science. Teach yourself. Think positive thoughts. COunteract the brainfuck that is christianity.

Don't revert to christian thinking and 'repent' for things that are just part of being human sometimes. Stop thanking/saying sorry to god. He doesn't exist. Stop reinforcing the idea in your mind by reverting to christian mental behaviours. You will get through this. YOu just need to keep trying.

I forgive you, PI.

Guest Perfect Insanity

You know what? You're a human being. All those things you've listed are simple human failings that everyone feels they have done sometimes.

You don't have to repent for what you sometimes feel you are. I am a total loser sometimes, an idiot, I do dumb things. I'm pretty much doing all the things you've itemised in your original post. But I don't have to repent for it. Instead, I just accept that the past is the past and that I'm a human, and inherently good.

When I fuck up, I don't have to repent. The only person I answer to is myself, and my own conscience. My conscience is pretty good. I hold myself accountable for things I do, and try to make amends. I don't seek absolution from some distant, uninvolved, nonexistant god. If I do something wrong, I try to fix it, not go crying to a big invisible parent to kiss it better and put a band aid on it.

Keep reading that book. When you've got through the Old Testament, I hope you can see from another perspective how truly awful it is. There is NO WAY a loving god exists who would be happy with parents stoning children, women being stoned to death for being raped in the city, or little kids being ripped to shreds by wild bears for calling an old man 'bald head'.

The god of the bible can't exist. He's run out of room to hide. You need to help yourself and keep reading the bible critically to see how obviously manmade this god is. Then, you need to bolster your understanding of the real world with a few good books on popular science. T. Berra's "Evolution and the Myth of Creationism" is a great one. It really helped me.

You need to stop getting discouraged and actually do something to help yourself. Expose yourself to more science. Teach yourself. Think positive thoughts. COunteract the brainfuck that is christianity.

Don't revert to christian thinking and 'repent' for things that are just part of being human sometimes. Stop thanking/saying sorry to god. He doesn't exist. Stop reinforcing the idea in your mind by reverting to christian mental behaviours. You will get through this. YOu just need to keep trying.

I quit after I got to Exodus.

I go through changes in mood and perspective quickly. At times, I feel I can see how man made the concepts in the Bible really are, and how unlikely that it's actually true. Then I do a complete 180 turn and start feeling that I can see how true the Bible really is, and how much error and denial I'm truly in for trying to deny it. If I want something to be true, I have a hard time believing that it is. If I don't want something to be true, I have a hard time believing that it's not. My brain is just fucking with me. Even if there was proof indicating one way or another what is true and what is not, I don't think it would do much good.

I forgive you, PI.

Thank you. Now, only if I could become willing to forgive myself.

I quit after I got to Exodus.

I go through changes in mood and perspective quickly. At times, I feel I can see how man made the concepts in the Bible really are, and how unlikely that it's actually true. Then I do a complete 180 turn and start feeling that I can see how true the Bible really is, and how much error and denial I'm truly in for trying to deny it. If I want something to be true, I have a hard time believing that it is. If I don't want something to be true, I have a hard time believing that it's not. My brain is just fucking with me. Even if there was proof indicating one way or another what is true and what is not, I don't think it would do much good.

I forgive you, PI.

Thank you. Now, only if I could become willing to forgive myself.

I can't believe you quit. Reading the bible and seeing the bullshit for yourself is what you need to do to help shake this damaging belief.

If you're too lazy to read the damn thing and find out for yourself what a load of bullshit it is, then you DESERVE to be miserable. It's like you're sitting on a cactus but you're too lazy to stand up and pull the spines out of your arse. Do something to help yourself instead of throwing your hands in the air and feeling like crap.

Reading that book is a surefire way to help yourself. It helped me deconvert, when I saw it in all it's horrible, manmade glory. You're just avoiding reading it because you WANT to feel like crap. If you wanted to change your life, you'd do anything to make it happen, including reading a few chapters of that horrible tome every night until you had seen for yourself what garbage it really is, and how invented it's god is. The fact that you just gave up at Exodus says stacks about how committed you are to helping yourself. You're just content to wallow in your own misery.

Prove me wrong and read the damn thing.

Guest Babylonian Dream

We all should experience reading the full horror of the Bible, its such a crazy book, it beats Stephen King. As the evil guy is the one who actually wins, and has control the whole time.

• Super Moderator

We get it already. You hate yourself. You wear a hair shirt and beat yourself like a damn Catholic zealot.

Now please check into a mental health clinic. Tell them you're suicidal if necessary, but get admitted for evaluation and treatment.

We get it already. You hate yourself. You wear a hair shirt and beat yourself like a damn Catholic zealot.

Now please check into a mental health clinic. Tell them you're suicidal if necessary, but get admitted for evaluation and treatment.

Ditto what he just said. Sometimes advice is best delivered bluntly.

Guest Perfect Insanity

I can't believe you quit. Reading the bible and seeing the bullshit for yourself is what you need to do to help shake this damaging belief.

If you're too lazy to read the damn thing and find out for yourself what a load of bullshit it is, then you DESERVE to be miserable. It's like you're sitting on a cactus but you're too lazy to stand up and pull the spines out of your arse. Do something to help yourself instead of throwing your hands in the air and feeling like crap.

Reading that book is a surefire way to help yourself. It helped me deconvert, when I saw it in all it's horrible, manmade glory. You're just avoiding reading it because you WANT to feel like crap. If you wanted to change your life, you'd do anything to make it happen, including reading a few chapters of that horrible tome every night until you had seen for yourself what garbage it really is, and how invented it's god is. The fact that you just gave up at Exodus says stacks about how committed you are to helping yourself. You're just content to wallow in your own misery.

Lazy? Holy shit. Believe me, I already know enough of the Bible to deconvert. I've read the stupid and ridiculous laws, the bloodshed, the apparent contradictions, and all the other shit that people go on about. I've read that. I understand it. All I'm missing is some pieces and books in between. Mostly the "prophetic" books. I know enough about the Bible to deconvert. I know it doesn't make sense, I know it contradicts itself, I know it contains some immoral things, I already know all that shit. Why keep reading it? The Bible itself does not convince me. Other things do.

Guest Perfect Insanity

By the way, this is the rants and replies section, and I'm ranting. I can do that, can't I? Or is it some terrible sin? No, fuck that, I get it. It's just annoying. Maybe I should repent of that too.

By the way, this is the rants and replies section, and I'm ranting. I can do that, can't I? Or is it some terrible sin? No, fuck that, I get it. It's just annoying. Maybe I should repent of that too.

Rant on, dude.

Lazy? Holy shit. Believe me, I already know enough of the Bible to deconvert. I've read the stupid and ridiculous laws, the bloodshed, the apparent contradictions, and all the other shit that people go on about. I've read that. I understand it. All I'm missing is some pieces and books in between. Mostly the "prophetic" books. I know enough about the Bible to deconvert. I know it doesn't make sense, I know it contradicts itself, I know it contains some immoral things, I already know all that shit. Why keep reading it? The Bible itself does not convince me. Other things do.

I agree. For me, reading the bible was boring enough when I was a christian. It certainly sounds like your problems are not due to a lack of understanding but rather your emotions regarding what you have come to understand along with some self esteem issues.

Guest Perfect Insanity

I agree. For me, reading the bible was boring enough when I was a christian. It certainly sounds like your problems are not due to a lack of understanding but rather your emotions regarding what you have come to understand along with some self esteem issues.

For the most part, that pretty much sums it up.

I was talking to a Christian the other day, and he basically received a "word from the Lord" for me.

"My lovely son. I will not leave you or forsake you. You are saying you have left me, but you have never left me. Your heart belongs to me. "

He said that he heard from the Holy Spirit that I am going to turn back to God. I'm not sure what to make of this. On one hand, I feel that if that message was truly from God, then God would have spoken to ME, not to him to tell me. That makes no sense. What makes this guy so special? God talks to him, but refuses to talk to me? One other thing that makes me suspicious about this is, that "message" is a little vague. When he read my long message before replying, he easily had to get the gist that I was sort of half Christian, half something else.... And he, by what I said to him, easily had to get the idea that I was, even though a self declared ex-Christian, reaching out to him, therefore having an open mind and partially wanting to accept Christianity. With the information he got in my message alone, he could have easily came up with that "word from the Lord" on his own, mistakingly attributing it to the Holy Spirit. Still, though, I'm not sure about it. He could be right, I don't know. :shrug:

Also, this guy told me to pray for God to speak to me through a dream, to give me remembrance and understanding of it, and to wake me up at 3am, allowing me to write it down while it's fresh on my mind. He told me to pray for this until I receive it. I used to pray similar prayers in the past, but it never happened. But even with that in mind, I took his advice anyway. For probably about 4 or 5 nights straight, I've been praying for this. I have receieved no answer as of yet. I'm leaving home for a while tomorrow night, and I won't be back for over a week. I'm giving this praying for a dream thing one more chance. If nothing happens tonight, that's it.

....That makes no sense. What makes this guy so special? God talks to him, but refuses to talk to me?...

It's simple. He's delusional, and you're not.

Guest Perfect Insanity

....That makes no sense. What makes this guy so special? God talks to him, but refuses to talk to me?...

It's simple. He's delusional, and you're not.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it.

If you know enough of the bible to deconvert, why haven't you?

You NEED to read it to realise it's bullshit and undermine the hold this christianity crap has on your life. You need to read it for yourself to realise it's all man made. Reading what others have written about it won't cut it. Sure, you think your belief in this crap is supported by 'other things', but reading the bible would sure make a dent in your belief. You'd see it as the bullshit it is, not the crap other people make it out to be.

You're lazy. Too lazy to help yourself. And I'm calling you on it. Read the damn book.

Don't hate yourself - it's not healthy. Move forwards. Your friend is delusional. Any word from god will only be yourself speaking to yourself anyway. It's not so bad. I really enjoy the freedom to be who I really am. Of course, I do try to cultivate some better qualities in myself and let go of some of the lesser qualities. But, no one's perfect. Really, it is okay.

Repent is a biblical concept and has nothing to do with the real world. The same can be said for sin.

I actually kind of liked your rant. There is a lot of drama there. I don't want to encourage you to keep on being a drama llama and yet I applaud the unburdening of your soul.

Guest Perfect Insanity

If you know enough of the bible to deconvert, why haven't you?

You NEED to read it to realise it's bullshit and undermine the hold this christianity crap has on your life. You need to read it for yourself to realise it's all man made. Reading what others have written about it won't cut it. Sure, you think your belief in this crap is supported by 'other things', but reading the bible would sure make a dent in your belief. You'd see it as the bullshit it is, not the crap other people make it out to be.

You're lazy. Too lazy to help yourself. And I'm calling you on it. Read the damn book.

The book has nothing to do with my inability to deconvert. I know enough about the Bible to know it's not the literal word of God. I don't want to waste any more of my time on that book.