Goodbye Jesus

Why must non-christians continiously preach?

daniel_1012

I am just tired of all the preaching going on by all the non-christians on these boards. We've heard it all already. Always preaching your beliefs, lifestyle, and point of view.

Something non-christians don't understand -- WE ONCE WERE YOU. We have been there. We were once non-christians, just like you... really. We've been in your shoes.

You may not believe it is true, and you may think that we were just raised in a certain way, and you may not give *claim* to the legitimacy of our conversion... but really, we've been there... we know, so stop with the insatiable preaching already.

Really, we Christians don't need to hear it! We know!!! You don't believe, we get it. We understand that "Gawd is not teh real," and that you believe Christianity has failed you somehow. Must you continiously preach your beliefs to us Christians, telling us this is what you believe?

This enlightening turning of the tables has been brought to you by Dannyboy Inc.

Thank you for listening.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Neil

• daniel_1012

• Vigile

• white_raven23

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am just tired of all the preaching going on by all the non-christians on these boards.  We've heard it all already.  Always preaching your beliefs, lifestyle, and point of view.

Something non-christians don't understand -- WE ONCE WERE YOU.  We have been there.  We were once non-christians, just like you... really.  We've been in your shoes.

You may not believe it is true, and you may think that we were just raised in a certain way, and you may not give *claim* to the legitimacy of our conversion... but really, we've been there... we know, so stop with the insatiable preaching already.

Really, we Christians don't need to hear it!  We know!!! You don't believe, we get it.  We understand that "Gawd is not teh real," and that you believe Christianity has failed you somehow.  Must you continiously preach your beliefs to us Christians, telling us this is what you believe?

This enlightening turning of the tables has been brought to you by Dannyboy Inc.

Thank you for listening.

Except one thing....YOU CAME HERE, ASSHOLE. Don't go into a lions den and then berate the lions for ripping your limbs apart.

Except one thing....YOU CAME HERE, ASSHOLE.  Don't go into a lions den and then berate the lions for ripping your limbs apart.

Thank you for totally missing the point.

I am just tired of all the preaching going on by all the non-christians on these boards.  We've heard it all already.  Always preaching your beliefs, lifestyle, and point of view.

Something non-christians don't understand -- WE ONCE WERE YOU.  We have been there.  We were once non-christians, just like you... really.  We've been in your shoes.

Really, we Christians don't need to hear it!  We know!!! You don't believe, we get it.  We understand that "Gawd is not teh real," and that you believe Christianity has failed you somehow.  Must you continiously preach your beliefs to us Christians, telling us this is what you believe?

Thank you for listening.

:Hmm:

Except one thing....YOU CAME HERE, ASSHOLE.  Don't go into a lions den and then berate the lions for ripping your limbs apart.

What Asimov said.

Guest Challenger

Thank you for listening.

Are you kidding?

Umm... He hit the nail on the head there, Dan.

If you don't like it around here, get the hell out.

Neither of us would have lasted a fraction of the time that you've been here if we went to a Christian board. We would have been banned within ten minutes.

We read what you have to say, and you just keep reapeating the same old stuff. So, in turn, we turn around and give you the same old answers (or slams) that pertain to what you've come here to parrot.

Now, if you have something new that you'd like to lay out on the table, feel free to do so. I'll bet you'll see a different tone in our responses if you attempt to have one single original thought. Then, you might even become interesting or somethin'.

Gee.... Perhaps I should storm into a church on a Sunday morning and blast them (verbally, of course) all and them to stop preaching???

You didn't have a point. Unless you were referring to the one on your head.

Asshat.

Gee.... Perhaps I should storm into a church on a Sunday morning and blast them (verbally, of course) all and them to stop preaching???

If it said, "Open debate with atheists/agnostic/non-christian day," then yes. I think that would make perfect sense.

If it said, "Open debate with atheists/agnostic/non-christian day," then yes.  I think that would make perfect sense.

Is this an open invitation for us to come to your church for a debate?

well, aren't you cute?

You may have been a non-christian, but you were never an ex-christian. There is a difference.

Come back and talk to us in 30 years.

ps. I don't like you.

Do you really see that happening?

The replication of such an event at a church, is irrelevent to the point that was made.

ExChristian.Net Forums > Discussions > Debating with Christians

-- however... I wouldn't mind participating in one sometime. :grin:

If it said, "Open debate with atheists/agnostic/non-christian day," then yes.  I think that would make perfect sense.

I don't know what you consider to be a debate, but if you think that it consists of posting bible verses, and then posting more bible verses and veiled threats when someone contests your replies, then you have a serious misunderstanding of the word "debate".

That's why things get out of hand in here.

In other words, no.

Well... not no, in fact I'm willing to bet it has happend in one way shape or form where two views have been debated. And, if it did... the people who drew in the atheists would be silly to say, "get out of this debate forum, we don't want you here!"

Um but the sign says...

"Get out of here, stop preaching your non-christian views to us!"

But the sign says...

"SHUT UP."

-- however... I wouldn't mind participating in one sometime.  :grin:

Asimov already called you on this and you turned him down.

And this was after you had previously agreed to the debate a couple (maybe a day or two) of days prior to the challenge. :shrug:

If you want a debate, let Asimov know. He's ready too.

The replication of such an event at a church, is irrelevent to the point that was made.

-- however... I wouldn't mind participating in one sometime.  :grin:

You had your chance, fuckwad.

Your sense of humor needs work.

So does your sense of proportion and reality. In terms or proportion, there aren't that many web sites that cater to people who choose not to engage in a religious lifestyle.

This one happens to be ours. We have every right to say whatever we wish here.

You however are the guest.

As for your sense of reality, where do you see atheists publically free to speak their mind without getting flack from their communites? And as for "preaching".....what exactly would be preached here on our little website?

There is god but no biblegod?

There are lots of gods?

There is no god, but there is spirit?

There is no god but there is karma?

There is no god, or anything else?

There are a LOT of viewpoints welcome on this forum. We even tolerate yours (to a fine point). People with alternate belief systems get less respect on the Christian forums than you do here....but then I doubt you've noticed.

Your attempt at ironic humor was noted.

I rate it: Failure

You are a fuckwad.

Your attempt at ironic humor has been noted.

Rating: Failure

And the sign also says "Expect heated responses" if you chose to post sermons.

So you really have no place to complain.

Whiny Ass Bitch

Well... not no, in fact I'm willing to bet it has happend in one way shape or form where two views have been debated.  And, if it did... the people who drew in the atheists would be silly to say, "get out of this debate forum, we don't want you here!"

Um but the sign says...

"Get out of here, stop preaching your non-christian views to us!"

But the sign says...

"SHUT UP."

Exactly which part of Debate forum does not = preaching platform did you not understand?

Did you not read the rules ?

Finally, ExChistian Forums is not a "flock of sheep" for Christians to preach to, proselytize or otherwise engage in worship, etc. If Christian members wish to do any of the above, ChristianForums.com is avaialable.

Preaching = telling someone in your own home your views?

No - I don't think so. Preaching would be going to a Christian forum and doing what you're doing here.

You're wrong about this, in all ways - shapes - and manners. Please try again later.

WE ONCE WERE YOU. We have been there. We were once non-christians, just like you... really. We've been in your shoes

Somehow I seriously doubt that.

What is your point? Why are you here? To gloat that we are going to hell? To try and save us from the firey pits of hell? To simply attack those who disagree with you because... ...well, just because?

You know Dan, not all xtians are assholes. In fact most that I know are pretty good people. You sir, however, are an asshole.

How do you debate with someone who is satisfied with the answer "goddidit?"

You're not debating, you are preaching. If you can't see the difference, it is not our job to educate you where your parents and your school district failed you.