Goodbye Jesus

Why must non-christians continiously preach?

daniel_1012

Daniel: I have two questions for you. (which I'm sure you'll ignore)

1. How old are you? (my guess - 16)

2. How long have you been a christian (my guess - 18 months)

Come back and tell people about life once you've experienced it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Neil

• daniel_1012

• Vigile

• white_raven23

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His original post was designed to get a rise out of us.

It did.

He's happy.

Kind of like a masochist who finds that poking himself with needles doesn't give him the same rush of pleasure anymore. He has to upgrade to getting asphyxiated to get that same "thrill".

All your usual spiritual outlets not giving you the Jesus rush anymore daniel?

Tell you what. Quit pansying around on the internet for a temporary "I'm being persecuted for my faith, yay Jesus" rush. This will wear out too.

Why don't you tell a group of people off in real life? Find a street gang, or some skinheads. Go overseas and tell off some muslim extremists. Tell them off. Don't waste your time of slinging your venom at the safe and boring internet.

Or are you not quite ready to risk your own real physical skin for your beliefs?

Oh, I am quite calm as I reveal your wickedness.  Tempertandrum, not in the least. :)
He says... as he throws a wobbler.
You misinterpret my lack of respect for your wickedness, with loss of control.  I am quite, in control. :)
I see that you can give, but not take...

Usually indicative of an immature person, otherwise it's someone who has no control to speak of. Which are you?

This is easy, but now it is time for bed.

So, you sure you're in Iowa?

Just wondering what kind of person has to go to bed at 9:16 AM...

Really, we Christians don't need to hear it!  We know!!! You don't believe, we get it.  We understand that "Gawd is not teh real," and that you believe Christianity has failed you somehow.  Must you continiously preach your beliefs to us Christians, telling us this is what you believe?

This enlightening turning of the tables has been brought to you by Dannyboy Inc.

Thank you for listening.

The day I can channel surf and find just as many people screaming that "God is Lie" as I do right now screaming that "God Loves Me," then and only then would I take your post seriously.

IBF

A person who has to go hide under the sheets.

Good day, folks.

Although the mods got a report post message on Dan's calling of Neil a "murderer", I'm very inclined to leave everything as it stands. Here's my reasoning: Those of us who've been here for any length of time know that there are often Christian lurkers who could be questioning their faith who read much if not eveything, and I think it's important for them to see just how tawdry, infantile, deceitful and ugly Dan's behavior is when he gets his back to the wall.

Besides, this is the debates forum, after all. (Yes, I know Dan isn't able to debate, but what the hell?)

It wouldn't be the first time that the shitty behavior and intellectually impoverished posts of a True Believer did more to cause another Christian to leave the faith than any exhortations from an ex-Christian.

As ugly as this whole thing has been, I think it truly serves a purpose to leave a permanent public record of bad behavior.

I'm leaving this thread open.

So, you sure you're in Iowa?

The night shifters at 7-11? :shrug:

I am just tired of all the preaching going on by all the non-christians on these boards.  We've heard it all already.  Always preaching your beliefs, lifestyle, and point of view.

Why are you on a non-Christian website and complain about this? I haven't gone to any Christian forum site to complain about Christians preaching? Are you intentionally behaving like a Troll?

Something non-christians don't understand -- WE ONCE WERE YOU.  We have been there.  We were once non-christians, just like you... really.  We've been in your shoes.

You were never a True Atheist™, so you can't know. Besides I have probably 20+ years of more experience that you.

You may not believe it is true, and you may think that we were just raised in a certain way, and you may not give *claim* to the legitimacy of our conversion... but really, we've been there... we know, so stop with the insatiable preaching already.

Really, we Christians don't need to hear it!  We know!!! You don't believe, we get it.  We understand that "Gawd is not teh real," and that you believe Christianity has failed you somehow.  Must you continiously preach your beliefs to us Christians, telling us this is what you believe?

We are not! You are on our turf, not the either way around. It's strange that every Christian try to preach everywhere, and then complain when people defend their own house. You came here, this is an ex-christian site, you must expect to get "preaching" back to you from us. We have the rights here. We have the right-of-way. You are a visitor, by the grace and courtesy of Dave. You are not the true member of this church. Would you give me right to go to your church and preach apostacy? Would you? WHY NOT? You demand that you can here, we give you the right to speak your mind, and now you're complaing that WE do!!! SHAME ON YOU!

This enlightening turning of the tables has been brought to you by Dannyboy Inc.

Thank you for listening.

When I worked midnight shift (2 years of mids...can you say VAMPIRE!), 9AM was my normal bedtime, even on my off days.

Dannyboy could also be a busboy at Denny's or Coco's on the nightshift. You know when all the drunks come in and dine and dash....

It wouldn't be the first time that the shitty behavior and intellectually impoverished posts of a True Believer did more to cause another Christian to leave the faith than any exhortations from an ex-Christian.

Good point. The hypocrisy of True Christians was one of the things that pushed me to deconvert, although it was not the only thing.

If you can provide me a good reason to go to hell, shoot.  Just because some of you lost faith, and climbed into a pit saying, "we are free down here!  down here is not down at all!  It is up!" -- Does not mean all will be so foolish to follow you into the pit.

first off...i never told you to go to hell...secondly...you have provided your reason for your belief...faith...so you have faith...great...i dont...and you cant tell me i lost faith...i didnt lose faith...i realized there was no reason for me to have faith...see...heres your problem...you assume that either we were not christians initially or that we were weak understudied christians lacking both knowledge and faith...but your talking to a large group of people, many of whom went to divinity school, christian universities, even some of which are either licenced or ordained ministers...many of the chosen who were called to ministry and have quite a few saved souls and even miracles under our belts...i still have faith, but no longer do i place my faith in a god whose actions do not match up to his words...a god whose word has been distorted and regurgitated so many times it has no more meaning...maybe your right...maybe we are wrong...but you know what...id rather not believe because i have studied and have found for myself the fallicies of the religion i held so dear to my heart....than to force myself to believe something i dont understand and could never understand and according to the bible should never understand...blind faith is just that...blind...so i dont ever expect you to understand, until you understand

you know what...id rather not believe because i have studied and have found for myself the fallicies of the religion i held so dear to my heart....than to force myself to believe something i dont understand and could never understand and according to the bible should never understand...blind faith is just that...blind...so i dont ever expect you to understand, until you understand

Not to mention, should there be a supreme being watching over us, which people are going to be of greater interest to it? The people who never asked questions, challenged themselves, and just followed along with everyone else without knowing why? Or the people who wanted answers, and weren't satified just with what someone told them. People who looked for real facts to back up belief, and were willing to perhaps abandon that belief when the cards were down (that takes guts). Who actually tried to learn something from the universe the supreme being inspired, and decided to believe something that while not socially easy (non-religious people are not a majority), was at least true to the heart and mind.

It's good to see that evolutionary thinking has done you good.  *stands at edge of stairs*

Do you wish to push me off the edge of the stairs, murderer, and end your pain?  Since being pushed off staris is all I am good for.  Do good, oh atheist, and show us what you are good for.

That's just silly, daniel. As hard as your head is, you would never die from a little tumble down the stairs. Probably just get a little goosey-egg on your forehead.

Might even knock some sense into ya.

I am just tired of all the preaching going on by all the non-christians on these boards.  We've heard it all already.  Always preaching your beliefs, lifestyle, and point of view.

How dare we think for ourselves!! Damn us straight to hell for keeping these thoughts and opinions in an arena of like-minded people, and not flaming every Christian board we can find!!

10_12 must be your shoe size and IQ ir vice versa

Although the mods got a report post message on Dan's calling of Neil a "murderer", I'm very inclined to leave everything as it stands.
:lmao:

Somebody reported it? Wow, and it wasn't me this time. Like I said, normally I would take slander very seriously, but this was just way too ridiculous. It was an obvious evasion, because he got caught.

Here's my reasoning: Those of us who've been here for any length of time know that there are often Christian lurkers who could be questioning their faith who read much if not eveything, and I think it's important for them to see just how tawdry, infantile, deceitful and ugly Dan's behavior is when he gets his back to the wall.

Besides, this is the debates forum, after all. (Yes, I know Dan isn't able to debate, but what the hell?)

As ugly as this whole thing has been, I think it truly serves a purpose to leave a permanent public record of bad behavior.

Good point. I remember the last time I got slandered by a Christian on the forums here. I was actually quite upset by the incident, since it was an accusation of plagarism, and that, to me, is very serious. But what was interesting is that I got a private message from another Christian poster apologizing for the incident. I would never have thought to hold other Christians responsible for the bad behavior of one individual.

But it really showed me that bad behavior is bad behavior, no matter what side of the issue you're on, and that it's actually possible for people like Dannyboy to do more to harm his religion than help it.

Dannyboy could also be a busboy at Denny's or Coco's on the nightshift.  You know when all the drunks come in and dine and dash....

Could be, but his posting record says otherwise...

His normal times of posting indicate someone with a 8-4 shift, what with his postings being between 6pm and 12am most of the time.

No... I find it hard to believe that he's on a nightshift, unless he's only just started it last night.

The irony here is that it was Daniel who was accusing us of discouraging the Christian visitors from debating.  Yet here we are; I'm begging him to actually debate something, and he's refusing.

Fucking hypocrit.

Not sure Daniel has cognitive capacity to comply to this.

Well I suppose the other explanation is he is either unemployed and sleeps whenever he feels like it, or yesterday was his day off from bussing tables or cashiering. Whatever it is, it's probably not anything too impressive....

Good call Loren..

Remember folks, the funda_MENTAL-ism quite a few of we excaped from.

Good assed example of same in Dan's postings.

Want the assembled to see what one whose mind is still filled with an overdose of Jebus Jelly keyboards like..

Remember too, this is "just the fuckin' Internutt" and not Meat.Life.

Dan, I love ya man.. You are what I once was. Free your mind of the shackles and chains of the ancient sand dieties, become a man free of superstitions.

That takes more "balls" than being a sheep by far..

kevin, Freeman, L.

Thank you for listening.

I'm not sure how many of us ever were non-Christians . . . I've never been a non-Christian; my relationship with "christ" was always my primary spiritual "relationship" until I met reason, so now my relationship with Christianity isn't something I can negate, it is only something I can claim to be formerly associated with.

Don't confuse "non" with "ex" -- and I highly doubt you've ever been an EX-christian.

If you can provide me a good reason to go to hell, shoot.  Just because some of you lost faith, and climbed into a pit saying, "we are free down here!  down here is not down at all!  It is up!" -- Does not mean all will be so foolish to follow you into the pit.

Oh, so THAT's what we've done? It's seems to me that we simply woke up early one Christmas morning and found daddy putting presents under the tree . . . and, poof, we no longer believed in Santa.

Some people still need to, and you go right ahead if it makes you feel like a big boy.

Would wu wike a cookie for daddy? Hmmmm?