Goodbye Jesus

Why christianity still exists...

BuddhistCommunist

Satan prowls the earth seeking whom he can devour.  You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

101129[/snapback]

:rotfl: We are poor little sheep, who have gone astray - baa, baa, baa. :rotfl:

:Sheep: ooh. ow.... Satan! damn, dude. Not so rough! Ouch. :Sheep:

101152[/snapback]

*huge eyeroll* Great, he's here to save us all, but first he's going to insult us all with the usual "we were never true christians" spin. What an :asshole2: .

I wonder how much MORE anguish, grief and betrayal I would have had to go through in order for these idiots to recognize that sometimes either you run or you end up killing yourself.

Oh, forget it. It's not like any of them have any real compassion for anyone--they're desperate to "win one for Jesus". It doesn't mean they actually give half a shit about any of us as people; you can tell that from the crap attitude they come on here with.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Gnosis of Disbelief

• willybilly30

• MQTA

Oh, forget it. It's not like any of them have any real compassion for anyone--they're desperate to "win one for Jesus". It doesn't mean they actually give half a shit about any of us as people; you can tell that from the crap attitude they come on here with.

101209[/snapback]

That's exactly right, Becca. They're working on their quota to try and get a bigger mansion in heaven. They are only able to view us through their gospel tinted glasses.

Oh, and for the record, I believe that iprayican is of the female persuasion.

101209[/snapback]

That's exactly right, Becca. They're working on their quota to try and get a bigger mansion in heaven. They are only able to view us through their gospel tinted glasses.

Oh, and for the record, I believe that iprayican is of the female persuasion.

101213[/snapback]

Ah, my bad. But again--doesn't matter. I can't tell her "I'm right, you're wrong, get right with our-conception-of-God or you're gonna roast in hell" riff from other people's because it's the same stupid, heartless, inappropriate regurgitated propaganda every single time.

Good grief. Thirteen pages and 259 posts of bullshit. Some fucking Xian promises to answer all the mysteries and problems we have with the bible, and all I keep reading are polemics from iprayican and daniel_1012 against our "rude behavior" and "bad language".

iprayican, will you PLEASE quit returning "reviling for reviling" and simply answer ONE of the thorny problems put before you? You've got dozens. You say it's going to take over a year. At THIS rate I say it's going to take over 50 years.

Is that your plan? To stall long enough for us all to die or go away so you don't have to answer?

Quit screwing around, quit bitching and DO what your "god" has told you. "Give an answer to everyone who asks you about the hope that lies within you."

We're waiting.

101209[/snapback]

You know, you make a good point. It's all about "bagging one for

Jesus." To them, we're just deer to be hunted down and dragged

back to the pulpit as a trophy.

101209[/snapback]

You know, you make a good point. It's all about "bagging one for

Jesus." To them, we're just deer to be hunted down and dragged

101227[/snapback]

To quote Kenny Wayne Shepherd, "It ain't got nothin' to do with love."

Evangelism and other attempts at conversion are ultimately so self-serving as to almost disregard the "candidate"'s rights, needs and feelings as a human being altogether. Reading that "conversion manual" that was mentioned a few days ago, I was reminded again of this.

In the text, "shaking and crying" in the person you're evangelizing is seen as a GOOD SIGN, and is about the only way of knowing that the person is "ready to receive the Good News". That is just sick. If I start shaking and crying in response to something a person is persisting in saying to me, it is their cue to BACK THE FUCK OFF, not push the issue even harder--and with a glad heart at making me so upset!

A year to make your way down that list? Arn't you Christian? Don't you know what's in your bible? A real shame when godless heathens know your book better than you.

I read the whole Bible in a couple of weeks when I was a kid. Surely it doesn't take you that long to read. I mean, sure it's got details, but so does LoTR, and I read that in a week.

iprayican, will you PLEASE quit returning "reviling for reviling" and simply answer ONE of the thorny problems put before you? You've got dozens. You say it's going to take over a year. At THIS rate I say it's going to take over 50 years.

Is that your plan? To stall long enough for us all to die or go away so you don't have to answer?

At that rate, the Internet will be at version XP and there will be so many bugs nobody will want to use it anymore. ;)

In the text, "shaking and crying" in the person you're evangelizing is seen as a GOOD SIGN, and is about the only way of knowing that the person is "ready to receive the Good News". That is just sick. If I start shaking and crying in response to something a person is persisting in saying to me, it is their cue to BACK THE FUCK OFF, not push the issue even harder--and with a glad heart at making me so upset!

101234[/snapback]

Don't they do that kind of thing as a form of mental torture? I recall that being mentioned on some program about how they forced confessions out of people...

Still, can't you feel the love? :ugh:

101234[/snapback]

Don't they do that kind of thing as a form of mental torture? I recall that being mentioned on some program about how they forced confessions out of people...

Still, can't you feel the love? :ugh:

101258[/snapback]

If some evangelistic asshat DELIBERATELY triggered one of my anxiety attacks in person and then KEPT GOING, I'd likely end up reflexively demonstrating the "Ten Meter Adrenaline-Fueled Hysterical Fundie Fling By A Little Short Fat Chick". 'nuff said.

If some evangelistic asshat DELIBERATELY triggered one of my anxiety attacks in person and then KEPT GOING, I'd likely end up reflexively demonstrating the "Ten Meter Adrenaline-Fueled Hysterical Fundie Fling By A Little Short Fat Chick". 'nuff said.

101279[/snapback]

Only ten meters?

Surely it'd be a lot further than that...

101279[/snapback]

Only ten meters?

Surely it'd be a lot further than that...

101281[/snapback]

Alas, no, I'm not an anime character. :grin:

Seriously, though--any evangelist who thinks I am an easy mark because I get hurt, scared, upset and (ugh, hate the word) "triggered" rather easily needs to remember that the massive jolt of adrenaline released during an anxiety attack can cause AGGRESSION as well as terror.

...any evangelist who thinks I am an easy mark because I get hurt, scared, upset and (ugh, hate the word) "triggered" rather easily needs to remember that the massive jolt of adrenaline released during an anxiety attack can cause AGGRESSION as well as terror.

101288[/snapback]

It does come as a shock to them when the response is a lot more physical than they expect... :wicked:

...any evangelist who thinks I am an easy mark because I get hurt, scared, upset and (ugh, hate the word) "triggered" rather easily needs to remember that the massive jolt of adrenaline released during an anxiety attack can cause AGGRESSION as well as terror.

101288[/snapback]

It does come as a shock to them when the response is a lot more physical than they expect... :wicked:

101290[/snapback]

Yeah, well--they should be careful who they try to bully. :P

Yeah, well--they should be careful who they try to bully. :P

101292[/snapback]

But we've got no right to respond like that... after all, they're bullying us with Love

Hell, just writing that made me feel sick... :ugh:

But we've got no right to respond like that... after all, they're bullying us with Love™
Instead, we should bully them with truth. I'm all for that!

You know, you make a good point.  It's all about "bagging one for

Jesus."  To them, we're just deer to be hunted down and dragged

101227[/snapback]

Just so that they can feel good about themselves. :Doh:

Kinda like children that return home with an "A" on their tests. Look, mom, lookie here, a straight A, have I been good? Am I a good boy? Will you reward me with bread and butter and jam, or a PS2, or eternal salvation and an afterlife of happy bliss?

IprayIcan was terribly assuming since her very first posts on these boards. Her challenge in the colosseum... "It will be like david against goliath" she said, or something like that. That means, she is just one, she's apparently so weak and outnumbered, but she's smart and has god on her side while on the other hand we're many, but we're dumb, we attack by sheer brute force, and we don't have god on our side so we will most certainly lose.

Pure arrogance. She's the knight in shining armor, we are the ugly dragons. Feh. :twitch:

Other posts had nothing to do with the points we made, with our argumentations and points of view. They had everything to do instead with "helping daniel, no matter if he's trolling like crazy, just because he's a christian and so he cannot be wrong." And yet she manages to insult him too! :lmao::lmao:

This is just too rich.

"Dear daniel, face it, you just don't have the tools. The tools are: a good knowledge of this, some years of studying that, the capability of doing this thing here... and, face it daniel, you don't have the tools. I have. I'll defend you just the same because you're a christian and we have to stick together, but it's fairly obvious that I think you are completely unable to hold your own in a debate. Look at me here, I have the tools, I know what to do, I know how to talk with them, so bow down and worship me!"

If you're wondering why I'm talking about you in the 3rd person, Ipray, it is because I don't think that if I addressed you you would answer to me. At least in this moment, it seems to me that you'd rather complain about how we are mistreating you rather than trying to understand what words and sentences on your side could've triggered this reaction from us. This, you should try to do.

"Pig of God!" A friend of mine got me into saying that. You can imagine the targets in question. What's the plural, by the way?

101200[/snapback]

There is no plural, it's really more like "God IS a pig" :) Porco is an offensive way to define a pig, also used as an insult here: an adjective. God is a noun. So, noun + adjective, and there you have it. :)

"Dear god" <-- "Buon Dio" here

"Pork god" <-- "Porco Dio", a blasphemy, but I'll admit that once you translate it it lacks the sheer force it has got in italian :lmao:

Pure arrogance. She's the knight in shining armor, we are the ugly dragons. Feh.

Dragons can be quite beautiful. Have you ever seen any of Anne Macaffery's book covers? Or antique Chinese art?

Dragons can be quite beautiful.  Have you ever seen any of Anne Macaffery's book covers?  Or antique Chinese art?

101347[/snapback]

I don't like chinese dragons, they're too snakey for my tastes. But I love dragons as a whole, the classic fantasy-style occidental dragons, with great leathery wings and scales shining and graceful but powerful neck and...

I'm digressing :grin:

What I meant is:

She's the christian. Christians hate dragons. Remember that dragons in the middle ages were called Wyrms. I think that derived from Worm <--- and in the middle ages, "The Worm" was Satan.

Plus, remember st. George. The guy that went around killing dragons. Christian saint in shining armor - killing the ugly satanic dragon. :shrug: So she's the christian knight and we're the dragons.

You know, you make a good point.  It's all about "bagging one for

Jesus."  To them, we're just deer to be hunted down and dragged

101227[/snapback]

Just so that they can feel good about themselves. :Doh:

Kinda like children that return home with an "A" on their tests. Look, mom, lookie here, a straight A, have I been good? Am I a good boy? Will you reward me with bread and butter and jam, or a PS2, or eternal salvation and an afterlife of happy bliss?

IprayIcan was terribly assuming since her very first posts on these boards. Her challenge in the colosseum... "It will be like david against goliath" she said, or something like that. That means, she is just one, she's apparently so weak and outnumbered, but she's smart and has god on her side while on the other hand we're many, but we're dumb, we attack by sheer brute force, and we don't have god on our side so we will most certainly lose.

Pure arrogance. She's the knight in shining armor, we are the ugly dragons. Feh. :twitch:

Other posts had nothing to do with the points we made, with our argumentations and points of view. They had everything to do instead with "helping daniel, no matter if he's trolling like crazy, just because he's a christian and so he cannot be wrong." And yet she manages to insult him too! :lmao::lmao:

This is just too rich.

"Dear daniel, face it, you just don't have the tools. The tools are: a good knowledge of this, some years of studying that, the capability of doing this thing here... and, face it daniel, you don't have the tools. I have. I'll defend you just the same because you're a christian and we have to stick together, but it's fairly obvious that I think you are completely unable to hold your own in a debate. Look at me here, I have the tools, I know what to do, I know how to talk with them, so bow down and worship me!"

If you're wondering why I'm talking about you in the 3rd person, Ipray, it is because I don't think that if I addressed you you would answer to me. At least in this moment, it seems to me that you'd rather complain about how we are mistreating you rather than trying to understand what words and sentences on your side could've triggered this reaction from us. This, you should try to do.

101330[/snapback]

You are right, I am arrogant but only because I have confidence in what I believe, not because I think I am better than you. I am sorry if I offended you, I will try to tone it down. I did apologize to Daniel. I know that people can lose their faith when not able to provide an answer to why they believe, you are proof of that. He seems well enough eqipped and I misjudged his ability to defend God's Word and his belief. I do not believe we are saved by works, we are saved by grace, works are just the grateful fruit of one who knows that gift. I am concerned about the lost, it is not only something I am compelled to do out of compassion, but it is also commanded of all Christians.

do not believe we are saved by works, we are saved by grace, works are just the grateful fruit of one who knows that gift.

It disturbs me then that so many murderers and pedophiles are going to heaven and Ghandi is rotting in hell.

Excuse me. I'm going to rob a few children of their innocence, severely traumatise them for life and convert when I'm caught and put on death row. If that type of company is fit for god, I don't want to be anywhere near god. In fact, it would just remind me of a corrupt regime based on nepotism wherein people can get away with murder just because they have the right connections.

How much animosity would you have for your current legal system if you know the judge can be bought to rule in your favour?

I am arrogant but only because I have confidence in what I believe

Pride's a sin, mate.

Down on your knees now and beg forgiveness!

taking scriptures out of context is so annoying. 

101129[/snapback]

I totallly agree, however the authors of the "Gospels", had no trouble doing that in order to manufacture prophecies.

Satan prowls the earth seeking whom he can devour.

The Satan of NT is not the same of the OT

In fact, it would just remind me of a corrupt regime based on nepotism wherein people can get away with murder just because they have the right connections.
Isn't this what Christianity™ is all about anyway? You know, getting away with anything because after all, you'll be forgiven anyway. :shrug: