Goodbye Jesus

Why christianity still exists...

BuddhistCommunist

WOW! I'm finally finished reading, Inever thought my thread would get this huge! Well Daniel, as soon as My fellow ex-christians backed you into a corner, you started to insult our beliefs. True we do insult your beliefs, but its not our dogma to not speak out against you. You are failing to turn the other cheek as your lord and master commands. So i suggest that you read more about your christ before you defend him. I have great admiration for him (real or not) just as I do Hephaistus, Balder, Dagda, Heracles, Zoroaster, Buddha, Confucious, Lao-tzu and many others. Whether all,some or none of these beings existed, they all taught me something through their teachings. Christians, i know Jesus better than you ever will because I study his teachings. i may not agree with them all, but I respect them for what they are. IPIC, you seem to be intelligent, just fighting on the wrong side. Danny boy, your pipes are calling, go home. IPIC thinks he's fighting for christ and i'll give him that. But danny, you are an idiot. If you are intelligent then you give me no reason to think so. I don't what to see Jesus defended by a total moran.

bye.

BC

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Gnosis of Disbelief

• willybilly30

• MQTA

It seems we are in no position to make demands of even politeness, one would expect such seeing as we are considered the sport or prey and if we make them too uncomfortable, we will just get thrown off.

Oh, Jesus fucking Christ, come off your fucking high horse, you baby. Are you so convinced of your superiority that you think that's why we ban morons? Here's a hint: people get banned for TROLLING, not for being Christian. Want an example? Go ask SOIL, or Mad_Gerbil, or TAP. They're all Christians, and they're regular members here. they haven't been banned yet, and most likely won't be, since they know that they can't just post and run like you fucking trolls.

And don't you dare forget, YOU CAME HERE TO ANNOY US. YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAY BY OUR RULES OR LEAVE.

I'm sticking in here for now, let's see if they can stomach us!

Get over yourself, you self-inflated fuck.

About what happened to you, I think that the underlying mentality was something like that:

WE can talk about the pope and church and laugh and make fun of it, but you can, because we know we're joking but when YOU laugh and make fun of it it's almost a bit too dangerously close to NOT joking and remarking real flaws.  :HappyCry:

101037[/snapback]

I think you are exactly right. They were probably afraid god would strike our flat with lightening after I, the heathen American, joked about the holy father.

Watching the Pope on TV every day, not even able to hold his head up and mumbling is still a funny image to me. Have you ever seen the movie "A Weekend at Bernies?"

I agree that 4 liters of wine for L2000 means that he was drinking grapefruit pelts and scum floating in piss.  :lmao: That is two sins in one, a sin against good wine and a sin against himself (was he trying to commit suicide with that stuff?)

101037[/snapback]

I think he was just trying to find himself and trying to be different from everyone else. He also had a tape of Mussolini marching music - now that is scary.

I agree that 4 liters of wine for L2000 means that he was drinking grapefruit pelts and scum floating in piss.  :lmao: That is two sins in one, a sin against good wine and a sin against himself (was he trying to commit suicide with that stuff?)

101037[/snapback]

Yes, and even worse, my other roommates were experts in vino from Alba and Asti. One roommate even wrote her doctoral thesis on the chemical properties in the soil that give wine its quality. Can you immagine how insulting it was for them to have this "moonshine" in our flat?

Oh, Jesus fucking Christ, come off your fucking high horse, you baby.  Are you so convinced of your superiority that you think that's why we ban morons?  Here's a hint: people get banned for TROLLING, not for being Christian.  Want an example?  Go ask SOIL, or Mad_Gerbil, or TAP.  They're all Christians, and they're regular members here.  they haven't been banned yet, and most likely won't be, since they know that they can't just post and run like you fucking trolls.

And don't you dare forget, YOU CAME HERE TO ANNOY US.  YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAY BY OUR RULES OR LEAVE.

101041[/snapback]

Sad, very sad.

Sad, very sad.

101044[/snapback]

Well Vulgaris was a bit vulgar, but you are being a bit self righteous and condescending don't you think? They're just words. Don't use them if you don't like, but don't come here acting like Dana Carvey's church lady either, it's not going to get you anywhere.

He wants people who really love him, not people who follow him because they have no choice. You don't want him to give you room for a choice.

I'm getting pretty FUCKING fed up with this "free choice" nonsense. Your "Jesus" is a terrorist. Does one TRULY have a "choice" when confronted with "love me or I'm going to KILL you and torture you FOREVER"?

If I place a loaded gun to your head, cock the trigger and LOVINGLY advise you that your CHOICE is to love me and have sex with me, or else I'm going to splatter your brains all over your children -- have I REALLY given you a "choice"?

THIS is what your "god" has done. "Love and worship ME, or ELSE!" This is NOT a "choice", but a THREAT. And "god's" LOVE is NOT unconditional. If you fail to return his "love", then he's going to fuck you up for ETERNITY!!! And ONLY a blithering IDIOT cannot SEE these facts. :loser:

Really. You Christ-stains need to start thinking before you post such obviously asinine statements.

It seems we are in no position to make demands of even politeness, one would expect such seeing as we are considered the sport or prey and if we make them too uncomfortable, we will just get thrown off.  I'm sticking in here for now, let's see if they can stomach us!

101033[/snapback]

As I said...

This is the Lion's Den, and the rules do state that you should expect heated responses...

This is OUR home, not yours, and it is the height of bad manners to demand that we change to suit a guest...

I asked...

Is it too much to ask you to have the manners not to request that we change to suit you?

I can see that the answer was yes.

I didn't expect you to take my word on it and I started the inerrancy thread as a starting point to work on proving it and I spent a lot of time here trying to defend another Christian and share what I thought when I could have been working on it. 

101033[/snapback]

Let's just take a look at the "inerrancy thread" you started. We're getting a little backed up there. So far, you have failed to respond to the following:

1. Nativity discrepancies between Matthew and Luke.

2. Discrepancy on the demise of Judas.

3. Discrepancy in the "none are righteous" statements.

4. Answer the "Easter challenge"

5. Give us the date that Jesus was born.

6. Why does the bible say the earth is flat.

7. References to "Ur" during the time of Abraham.

8. Evidences that Israel emerged peacefully from within Canaanite society.

9. Lack of historical references to an Israelite tribe having been in Egypt.

10. How do 70 people grow to 2-3 million people over a few hundred years?

11. Do the sons bear the iniquities of the father?

12. Can you see God face to face and live?

13. How did King Saul die?

14. Why did it take 200 years to figure out the trinity and make it doctrine?

15. The impossibility of Noah's Ark.

16. Joab's census count to David discrepancy.

17. Why do we see an evolution to the answered prayer conundrum as the New Testament progresses?

18. Numerous discrepacies in the historical references between Matt & Luke

19. Provide some reasonable evidence that Nazareth existed in during early first century CE.

20. Why do we see no references by historians of the "slaughter of the innocents" in Bethlehem?

21. Why aren't there christians doing "Greater works" than Jesus, as he prophesied there would be? Is Jesus a false prophet?

22. Was Nebuchadnezzar the father of Belshazzar?

23. The Tyre prophecy is proven to be false.

24. Zephaniah 1:14 misquote.

That's the summary. So far, IPIC has attempted to answer #1 by doing some cut and paste, then went into extended diversion mode, then went off into something about "weeks of years" and stars and magi in the book of Daniel.

Admit it, iprayican. You bit off WAY more than you can chew. Bail while you still have some measure of respect from us. Oh, wait. You're too late for that.

Let's just take a look at the "inerrancy thread" you started.  We're getting a little backed up there.  So far, you have failed to respond to the following:

1.  Nativity discrepancies between Matthew and Luke.

2.  Discrepancy on the demise of Judas.

3.  Discrepancy in the "none are righteous" statements.

4.  Answer the "Easter challenge"

5.  Give us the date that Jesus was born.

6.  Why does the bible say the earth is flat.

7.  References to "Ur" during the time of Abraham.

8.  Evidences that Israel emerged peacefully from within Canaanite society.

9.  Lack of historical references to an Israelite tribe having been in Egypt.

10. How do 70 people grow to 2-3 million people over a few hundred years?

11. Do the sons bear the iniquities of the father?

12.  Can you see God face to face and live?

13.  How did King Saul die?

14.  Why did it take 200 years to figure out the trinity and make it doctrine?

15.  The impossibility of Noah's Ark.

16.  Joab's census count to David discrepancy.

17.  Why do we see an evolution to the answered prayer conundrum as the New Testament progresses?

18.  Numerous discrepacies in the historical references between Matt & Luke

19.  Provide some reasonable evidence that Nazareth existed in during early first century CE.

20. Why do we see no references by historians of the "slaughter of the innocents" in Bethlehem?

21.  Why aren't there christians doing "Greater works" than Jesus, as he prophesied there would be?  Is Jesus a false prophet?

22.  Was Nebuchadnezzar the father of Belshazzar?

23.  The Tyre prophecy is proven to be false.

24.  Zephaniah 1:14 misquote.

That's the summary.  So far, IPIC has attempted to answer #1 by doing some cut and paste, then went into extended diversion mode, then went off into something about "weeks of years" and stars and magi in the book of Daniel.

I'm so glad I checked back in here inbetween answering emails. Let's get this straight, I did not do one cut and paste, some foot notes I used from one of my books in my library happens to also be used on the internet by others-go figure. Duh! I'm sorry I am having a difficult time being treated like trash and getting diverted, I'll try not to let it happen again, you know us Christians have to turn the other cheek and everything.

Admit it, iprayican.  You bit off WAY more than you can chew.  Bail while you still have some measure of respect from us.  Oh, wait.  You're too late for that.

101085[/snapback]

Admit what, that I'm out-numbered, so what? I never had any respect to begin with so what is there to lose? I take small bites and chew slow unlike you lions who like to swallow everything whole, preying on the weak and diseased without even examining it. I estimate it will take a year to make my way down that list. And as for your "Harvard" friend you kicked off, if you are truly writing any book, mine will hit the shelves about the same time. Maybe we will meet in some bookstore someday. Bail out, only if I die.

A year to make your way down that list? Arn't you Christian? Don't you know what's in your bible? A real shame when godless heathens know your book better than you.

A year to make your way down that list?  Arn't you Christian?  Don't you know what's in your bible?  A real shame when godless heathens know your book better than you.

101097[/snapback]

You misjudge me, If I stick with my original commitment which was once a week posting, and then answer rebutals the week following, that comes to just over a year of posting. I'm not giving you one liners if you haven't noticed so it takes a little time to build my case especially since most DON"T want me to use only scriptures. I'm being realistic, sorry you can't do the math.

I take small bites and chew slow unlike you lions who like to swallow everything whole, preying on the weak and diseased without even examining it.

101095[/snapback]

Why, thank you for insulting all of us... and thank you for equating Christianity with something weak and diseased.

If you hadn't noticed, we've examined Christianity in minute detail... that's why this site exists.

Although, you're right about Christianity...

Why, thank you for insulting all of us... and thank you for equating Christianity with something weak and diseased.

If you hadn't noticed, we've examined Christianity in minute detail... that's why this site exists.

101111[/snapback]

You are welcome, and God doens't disapprove of self-defense, taking scriptures out of context is so annoying. Yes, except you didn't understand my implications, you were once one of us, you were the one that was weak were devoured. Now, you prey upon the weak and the diseased Christians or rather exChristians who don't want to believe there is a God in this on-line community so that you can pat yourselves on the back. Then when a Christian come on to question your decision, you make sure you insult them enough that they don't want to stay. Granted some of them don't have a firm grounding and they have little hope of changing your mind, actually, it is God that works on your mind, not us, but we are part of the package to get it started.

Maybe you have an open mind, maybe its closed now despite what you think you have examined in minute detail, I'm telling you, you haven't seen what I have seen or you couldn't come to that conclusion. On the other hand I have seen most of what you use might use to counter me, I'm one of those that live for these kinds of challenges as a fun activity in my spare time between marriage, parenting, teaching, continuing my education, writing and my commitments to church and its outreaches I head up or help out with in our community and thus why I have the confidence there is nothing you can throw at me that I can't answer.

The only thing I am pressed for it time, I think you are worth the expenditure. I know what I am up against intellectually by experience but this is the rudest forum I've ever visited. I was hoping for decent human behavior since you all claim to be such nice folks but it's only a request, and some of you all made it clear you just can't do that. Satan prowls the earth seeking whom he can devour. You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

preying on the weak and diseased without even examining it. 

101095[/snapback]

LOL... Christianity is the EPITOMY of preying on the weak and disease!

Usually people like yourself, who boast on themselves and how wonderful they are do it because they lack what they boast of. :-) I doubt you've ever re-converted an exchristian and as for your debating; nothing but smoke and mirrors. You'll feed us any lie that supports your beliefs, however, I for one won't believe any of em'.

Satan prowls the earth seeking whom he can devour.  You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

101129[/snapback]

:rotfl: We are poor little sheep, who have gone astray - baa, baa, baa. :rotfl:

:Sheep: ooh. ow.... Satan! damn, dude. Not so rough! Ouch. :Sheep:

101111[/snapback]

You are welcome, and God doens't disapprove of self-defense, taking scriptures out of context is so annoying. Yes, except you didn't understand my implications, you were once one of us, you were the one that was weak were devoured. Now, you prey upon the weak and the diseased Christians or rather exChristians who don't want to believe there is a God in this on-line community so that you can pat yourselves on the back. Then when a Christian come on to question your decision, you make sure you insult them enough that they don't want to stay. Granted some of them don't have a firm grounding and they have little hope of changing your mind, actually, it is God that works on your mind, not us, but we are part of the package to get it started.

Just how many errors are you making here? Lets see...

You assume I don't understand your implications, you assume I was weak, you assume I now prey upon the weak, you assume I don't want to believe in God/s, you assume that we try to drive Christians away...

How can I put this? Making that many assumptions when you know next to nothing about someone is extremely insulting and very bad manners... to put it bluntly, you are making a very bad impression on people here.

Maybe you have an open mind, maybe its closed now despite what you think you have examined in minute detail, I'm telling you, you haven't seen what I have seen or you couldn't come to that conclusion.  On the other hand I have seen most of what you use might use to counter me, I'm one of those that live for these kinds of challenges as a fun activity in my spare time between marriage, parenting, teaching, continuing my education, writing and my commitments to church and its outreaches I head up or help out with in our community and thus why I have the confidence there is nothing you can throw at me that I can't answer.
How do you know that I haven't seen what you've seen? How do you know that if I had, I would have come to a different conclusion? How do you know that you've seen most of what I've seen?

Again, you know next to nothing about me...

The only thing I am pressed for it time, I think you are worth the expenditure.  I know what I am up against intellectually by experience but this is the rudest forum I've ever visited.  I was hoping for decent human behavior since you all claim to be such nice folks but it's only a request, and some of you all made it clear you just can't do that.  Satan prowls the earth seeking whom he can devour.  You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

101129[/snapback]

Would it be ok if I walked into your church and DEMANDED that everyone there change their ways to suit me?

No, it wouldn't, because it's not decent human behaviour. No, it wouldn't, because it's showing a complete lack of respect for the people there.

You'll find that it's the strong Christians who leave... because they've got the strength of character to resist the pressure to stay. Only the weak-minded ones stay.

Oh, and Satan is only doing what God wants him to do... you'd know this if you read the Bible without your Jesus Glasses on...

.  You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

101129[/snapback]

I'll make you a wager, ipic. You send me a $20 bill today. I'll pay you back $1,000 the day someone on this website re-converts because you convinced them to.

Let me know if we are on. I'll PM you my address so you can send the $20.

exChristians who don't want to believe there is a God

This is a bit of sticking point for me personally. It is NOT that we don't WANT to believe in god. It's that we DON'T believe it exists. Do you not WANT to believe in Santa Claus or do you just not believe that he exists.

When I was going through my deconversion, I WANTED to believe in god, with every part and parcel of my being I WANTED to believe. I WANTED that certainty, the comfort of knowing someone's at the helm. It isn't a matter of WANT or NOT WANT anymore.

I know it's a subtle distinction, but one that is very important to me.

:thanks:

.  You have it all wrong, I'm not a weak or diseased Christian and I'm here to see if I can snatch the ones that were back from the enemy.

101129[/snapback]

I'll make you a wager, ipic. You send me a $20 bill today. I'll pay you back $1,000 the day someone on this website re-converts because you convinced them to.

Let me know if we are on. I'll PM you my address so you can send the $20.

101159[/snapback]

Careful there, one of us sinful heathen might split the $1000 with her 50/50 just to get your money.

Careful there, one of us sinful heathen might split the $1000 with her 50/50 just to get your money.

101170[/snapback]

:HaHa:

Yeah, after all, we are shameless heathens here, right?

Yeah. I thought about that before I made the offer. But, there's no one here who would sell their integrity for a paltry $500......

Whoa. Wait a minute.

PURPLE RHINO!

Hey. I may have to rethink this deal.

Not to mention could have a poser ex-christian build up a rep then sudenly "find jesus" again just to screw you out of money.

Ahh. Well. Wouldn't be the first time I've been screwed out of money.

I keep marrying housekeepers. We get divorced, they keep the house.

Where I live, saying "fucking jesus" or even "damn jesus" or "damn god" or things like that, is against the *LAW*,

100891[/snapback]

What about "porco dio?"

Oh Madonna...

:wicked:

100989[/snapback]

"Pig of God!" A friend of mine got me into saying that. You can imagine the targets in question. What's the plural, by the way?

Oh, Jesus fucking Christ, come off your fucking high horse, you baby.  Are you so convinced of your superiority that you think that's why we ban morons?  Here's a hint: people get banned for TROLLING, not for being Christian.  Want an example?  Go ask SOIL, or Mad_Gerbil, or TAP.  They're all Christians, and they're regular members here.  they haven't been banned yet, and most likely won't be, since they know that they can't just post and run like you fucking trolls.

And don't you dare forget, YOU CAME HERE TO ANNOY US.  YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAY BY OUR RULES OR LEAVE.

101041[/snapback]

Sad, very sad.

101044[/snapback]

Well, did you or did you not come here to attack us? Or rather, "correct" us?

Haven't you noticed how people react negatively when some stranger pops up in a group of people, takes a superior attitude, and starts bleating about how everyone here is bad and wrong and how HE is going to set them straight? Or has your "armor of the Lord" made you completely insensitive to the feelings and needs of your fellow human beings--each of whom has value equal to yours no matter what god they believe in?

This isn't about us being rude. It's about your being insulting and out-of-bounds, and getting what you deserve.