Goodbye Jesus

Why christianity still exists...

BuddhistCommunist

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing of the Word of God.

He revealed Himself to me, and Jesus said whoever keeps these commandents of His are the ones that love Him, and that He would reveal Himself to them.  He revealed Himself to me, in Spirit and in Truth.

99558[/snapback]

Than he's a liar. Lot of us been in that boat and ended up sorely disappointed.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Gnosis of Disbelief

• willybilly30

• MQTA

I added nothing.  Jesus said whoever has these commandments and keeps them, He would reveal Himself to them.  I am just telling you that He did just that, and His Word as recorded in the Bible I have within my grasp, has proven true.  I can't nor intend to reveal that to you... Jesus said He would, and since I'm not Jesus... I can't give you the proof that has been given me.  You have to go to Him for that, but you must first believe.

99561[/snapback]

But, not too long ago, you said this:

I don't rely merely on the Bible or something someone has written to keep my faith alive. I have experience, given to me by God.

Funny, but "I don't rely merely on the Bible" sounds to me as if you think

it is deficient, requirement supplementation from your experience. Are

you denying that you ever said this, or are you just horribly confused?

He revealed Himself to me, and Jesus said whoever keeps these commandents of His are the ones that love Him, and that He would reveal Himself to them.  He revealed Himself to me, in Spirit and in Truth.

99558[/snapback]

Do you celebrate the feast of unleavend bread, or the feast of weeks? If not you should really check your commandments, cause I don't think you love Jesus.

So in other words, you don't have an answer. You don't even know what this revelation entails. You used the word "proven", yet you've described the meaningless, as though faith can be proven by meaningless, undescribable events.

Question: What is a spirit?

Well that may be true, but I was talking about beyond just sightings.  I mean people who actually claim to have regular contact, such as claiming to be married to an alien.

99556[/snapback]

Well, I dunno... some people surely are suspect. Never accused someone of being from another planet??? LOL

Do you celebrate the feast of unleavend bread, or the feast of weeks?  If not you should really check your commandments, cause I don't think you love Jesus.

99574[/snapback]

Is that Constipation Week? Just how many ways can you dress up a matzoh?

Than he's a liar.  Lot of us been in that boat and ended up sorely disappointed.

99569[/snapback]

You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible. If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him. If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you. If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

If you were in the boat, you still would be.

Keep dreaming. You no different than the Hal bop comet guys.

You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible.  If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him.  If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you.  If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

99619[/snapback]

Would you like me to say 'hello' to Satan for you when I go to hell?

You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible.  If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him.  If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you.  If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

:lmao: How astonishingly circular.

So basically, it's impossible for Christianity to lose. Faith is the way to God, but if faith doesn't work, then the people weren't doing it right. You've made a handy excuse for the failure of your belief system by constructing a delightfully smug ad hominem.

What is a spirit?

Two people can experience the same exact thing, and both of them will walk away with a different level of experience and method of interpreting that experience within their own mind.

As a member of the herd, I realize how hard it is for you to understand that people can indeed have their own individual thoughts and opinions. If those thoughts and opinions don't "align" with the herd mentality, the herd (for some reason or another) recognizes those people as being enemies.

You simply like to claim that it's impossible because you seem to think that the only conclusion that one can possibly come to, is yours.

I'm sorry, but reality just doesn't work that way.

99619[/snapback]

Well, well, well.....it looks like Jesus Wanker Boy has run out

of sales pitch ideas, so now he's spitting out the lame old,

"You folks were never real Christians" line. Once again, your

omnipotent gawd has failed to convince us that he's worth

coming back to.

:loser:

Keep dreaming.  You no different than the Hal bop comet guys.

99621[/snapback]

and WHERE are they now? eh?

and WHERE are they now? eh?

99636[/snapback]

Riding thier spaceship! Prove that they aint!

Riding thier spaceship!  Prove that they aint!

99638[/snapback]

Not me, I'll take your word for it. I hope they're having a blast just laughing at all us who stayed behind.

Or maybe they're all in hell gnashing their teeth screaming "WHAT was I thinking?"

Emphasis on the BOLD parts, is mine.

Explain what you mean by "proven true".

John 14:19-21

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Same kind of thing is written in the Quran... does that mean it's been proven true as well?

Of course not... never let it be said that you hold your own beliefs to the same standards of proof that you do others.

Fucking hypocrite...

You missed the point entirely. I not talking merely about what has been written.
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

That is how I know. There was a time, when like you perhaps once did as a professing ex-Christian... I depended upon my beliefs. However, there was a time after this, that I moved from the realm of belief and into experience. Like when at first you believe fire is hot, or a kind of candy is sweet. Once you find it out, by touching the fire or tasting the candy, you have moved from the realm of belief, into the realm of knowledge. I don't rely merely on the Bible or something someone has written to keep my faith alive. I have experience, given to me by God.

The proof is in the pudding, but I can't make you taste it and cause you to experience it.

He revealed Himself to me, and Jesus said whoever keeps these commandents of His are the ones that love Him, and that He would reveal Himself to them. He revealed Himself to me, in Spirit and in Truth.

I added nothing. Jesus said whoever has these commandments and keeps them, He would reveal Himself to them. I am just telling you that He did just that, and His Word as recorded in the Bible I have within my grasp, has proven true. I can't nor intend to reveal that to you... Jesus said He would, and since I'm not Jesus... I can't give you the proof that has been given me. You have to go to Him for that, but you must first believe.
You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible. If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him. If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you. If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

Danny, these "commandments" that you keep boasting about following which therefore lead Christ to your front door, what exactly are they? You know, what "commandments" do you follow in order to show your love for the lord, and thereby allowing Him to "reveal" himself to you?

*EDIT*

Neil, you got a PM.

Emphasis on the BOLD parts, is mine.

John 14:19-21

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Same kind of thing is written in the Quran... does that mean it's been proven true as well?

Of course not... never let it be said that you hold your own beliefs to the same standards of proof that you do others.

Fucking hypocrite...You missed the point entirely. I not talking merely about what has been written.Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

That is how I know. There was a time, when like you perhaps once did as a professing ex-Christian... I depended upon my beliefs. However, there was a time after this, that I moved from the realm of belief and into experience. Like when at first you believe fire is hot, or a kind of candy is sweet. Once you find it out, by touching the fire or tasting the candy, you have moved from the realm of belief, into the realm of knowledge. I don't rely merely on the Bible or something someone has written to keep my faith alive. I have experience, given to me by God.

The proof is in the pudding, but I can't make you taste it and cause you to experience it.Faith comes by hearing, and hearing of the Word of God.

He revealed Himself to me, and Jesus said whoever keeps these commandents of His are the ones that love Him, and that He would reveal Himself to them. He revealed Himself to me, in Spirit and in Truth. I added nothing. Jesus said whoever has these commandments and keeps them, He would reveal Himself to them. I am just telling you that He did just that, and His Word as recorded in the Bible I have within my grasp, has proven true. I can't nor intend to reveal that to you... Jesus said He would, and since I'm not Jesus... I can't give you the proof that has been given me. You have to go to Him for that, but you must first believe.You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible. If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him. If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you. If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

Danny, these "commandments" that you keep boasting about following which therefore lead Christ to your front door, what exactly are they? You know, what "commandments" do you follow in order to show your love for the lord, and thereby allowing Him to "reveal" himself to you?

*EDIT*

Neil, you got a PM.

99649[/snapback]

All you have to do is read the gospels presented in the Bible, and you will have Jesus' commandments, right?

All you have to do is read the gospels presented in the Bible, and you will have Jesus' commandments, right?

Having them, and doing them, are two entirely different things. However, you claim to actually do them, and that is why Christ has revealed himself to you, correct?

Since this is the case, going by the contexts of your posts, exactly which of His commandments do you obey which enables Him (according to the promise as presented in the bible) to reveal himself? :shrug:

*EDIT*

I gotta go now. But just to let you know, no matter how you answer that question, when keeping within the context of the bible, you will prove that it can not be Jesus who is revealing Himself to you, and that it is either some other entity, or your very own imagination.

Having them, and doing them, are two entirely different things. However, you claim to actually do them, and that is why Christ has revealed himself to you, correct?

Since this is the case, going by the contexts of your posts, exactly which of His commandments do you obey which enables Him (according to the promise as presented in the bible) to reveal himself?  :shrug:

99652[/snapback]

Just that if you seek Him, and seek to do what He says, then you will find Him. If you love God, and you truly want to know Him... I believe you will, because you will want it more than anything else and you will seek Him with all your heart. I can't say it was any list of commandments to give you, but it's more than abiding religiously as to test God, or to avoid getting in trouble... we keep His commandments because we love Him. This is why Jesus said, "He is the one who loves me..."

Just that if you seek Him, and seek to do what He says, then you will find Him.  If you love God, and you truly want to know Him... I believe you will, because you will want it more than anything else and you will seek Him with all your heart. I can't say it was any list of commandments to give you, but it's more than abiding religiously as to test God, or to avoid getting in trouble... we keep His commandments because we love Him.  This is why Jesus said, "He is the one who loves me..."

I'm aware of plenty of the commandments that were given. However, I'm not aware of any passage that says that one is in-the-clear by simply "seeking to do what He says".

That, is an un-biblical embellishment.

Not only that, but you just changed your story. You are claiming something totally different than what you did in your previous posts.

How many straws to you happen to have in your hands right now? :mellow:

*EDIT*

Okay, now I really have to go.

Oh, and umm, Danny, stop avoiding Neil's points, okay?

That's a little too obvious.

iv studied many religions were people experiance god and say they know the truth. what makes them liars and christianity the right one? mabe christianitys the wrong one. whys god not revealed the true religion too everyone. why is everyone having too take your word for it? if god cared how you worshipped hed pop in front of us all and tell us.

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

That is how I know.  There was a time, when like you perhaps once did as a professing ex-Christian... I depended upon my beliefs.  However, there was a time after this, that I moved from the realm of belief and into experience.  Like when at first you believe fire is hot, or a kind of candy is sweet.  Once you find it out, by touching the fire or tasting the candy, you have moved from the realm of belief, into the realm of knowledge.  I don't rely merely on the Bible or something someone has written to keep my faith alive.  I have experience, given to me by God.

The proof is in the pudding, but I can't make you taste it and cause you to experience it.

99510[/snapback]

iv studied many religions were people experiance god and say they know the truth. what makes them liars and christianity the right one? mabe christianitys the wrong one.  whys god not revealed the true religion too everyone. why is everyone having too take your word for it?  if god cared how you worshipped hed pop in front of us all and tell us.

99656[/snapback]

What do you believe... is it the truth?

What do you believe... is it the truth?

99681[/snapback]

Is this going to be another "you don't know everything so you can't say what's truth or not" argument?

If you do use that one, (again) just remember it bites both ways...

Just that if you seek Him, and seek to do what He says, then you will find Him.  If you love God, and you truly want to know Him... I believe you will, because you will want it more than anything else and you will seek Him with all your heart. I can't say it was any list of commandments to give you, but it's more than abiding religiously as to test God, or to avoid getting in trouble... we keep His commandments because we love Him.  This is why Jesus said, "He is the one who loves me..."

99653[/snapback]

juggler.gif