Goodbye Jesus

Why christianity still exists...

BuddhistCommunist

I'm aware of plenty of the commandments that were given. However, I'm not aware of any passage that says that one is in-the-clear by simply "seeking to do what He says".

That, is an un-biblical embellishment.

Not only that, but you just changed your story. You are claiming something totally different than what you did in your previous posts.

[/b]

99655[/snapback]

He does that a lot, doesn't he? Just a few posts above, he claimed

that he was supplementing the bible with his experiences, and then

when I pinned him down on it with his own words, he trundled along,

ignoring that embarassing little faux pas mightily. I think he just

likes to hear himself talk.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Gnosis of Disbelief

• willybilly30

• MQTA

I have experience, given to me by God.

The proof is in the pudding, but I can't make you taste it and cause you to experience it.

99510[/snapback]

So you had visions then? Like Paul? Did you see apparations of angels? Or was it signs on the sky? Or did you get answered prayers (which we have discussed at length), or wet sheepskin in the morning, or huge finger in the air writing letters on the wall or was it just emotions?

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing of the Word of God.

I feel so sorry for you to have bought into this crap. I hope you one day will wake up and see the truth.

He revealed Himself to me, and Jesus said whoever keeps these commandents of His are the ones that love Him, and that He would reveal Himself to them.  He revealed Himself to me, in Spirit and in Truth.

99558[/snapback]

You're still delusional.

If someone that is Christian, and hear the Bible everyday for 20 years, and love Jesus and all, and still don't see or hear any revelations from Jesus, then you say he's not a true Christian. But if he in secrecy would take some hallucinogenic drugs and have revelations of angels and demons, then all of a sudden he would become a true Christian.

I added nothing.  Jesus said whoever has these commandments and keeps them, He would reveal Himself to them.  I am just telling you that He did just that, and His Word as recorded in the Bible I have within my grasp, has proven true.  I can't nor intend to reveal that to you... Jesus said He would, and since I'm not Jesus... I can't give you the proof that has been given me.  You have to go to Him for that, but you must first believe.

99561[/snapback]

No, we can't believe. We've heard the word of God many times and during a long time.

I have still not received any faith from God.

What you are talking about is to do a little mindtrick on yourself. Convince yourself, against your own reason and intelligence, to start believing in something you don't think is true. Force youself into delusion. Self induced belief, that's what it is. Not from any God.

You think you have been in the same boat, but that is impossible.  If you were in the same bout, then you would have walked on water to meet Him.  If your faith was failing and you sank, He would have lifted you back up when you cried out to have Him save you.  If you were in the same boat as me, then you would have seen Him calm the storms with His words, and you would have the experience I am talking about.

If you were in the boat, you still would be.

99619[/snapback]

You're provign exactly what I was talking about. You're contradicting yourself.

First you claim that by hearing the word of God it gives you faith, and by getting this faith, Jesus will reveal himself. So we say, "we did hear God's word; we were Christians. Why didn't we get Jesus revealed to us?" And you answer by saying, "You were not True Christiant."

You are contradicting yourself! So hearing God's word and get faith is not to become a True Christian? You can't become a True Christian by faith through God's word?

What is a True Christian then?

Is it the one that believes, regardless of hearing the "word of God", regardless of having any revelations of Jesus to them? Basically anyone that live a delusional lie, and will reinforce their false belief system into their brain, and at some point will have "revelations" because their own minds start playing tricks with them!

:lmao: How astonishingly circular.

So basically, it's impossible for Christianity to lose.  Faith is the way to God, but if faith doesn't work, then the people weren't doing it right.  You've made a handy excuse for the failure of your belief system by constructing a delightfully smug ad hominem.

What is a spirit?

99624[/snapback]

Exactly! And how do you point it out to someone that have built a belief system of lies in their head, and can't think rational? Poor chap can't see it!!!

Premise (recipe or formula for seeing Jesus):

You need faith to see Jesus.

You get faith by hearing God's word.

Facts (historical events)

You hear God's word.

You get faith. (You start to believe what is said)

You still don't see Jesus.

Why? Was it because the formula was wrong, or was it because you didn't do it right?

Actually, it's because the formula is incomplete, is should have "reinforce the lies into your head until you go crazy and start seeing things that doesn't exist." That would do it, unless you can get your hands on some mescaline, the peyote fasttrack. :HaHa:

Actually, it's because the formula is incomplete, is should have "reinforce the lies into your head until you go crazy and start seeing things that doesn't exist." That would do it, unless you can get your hands on some mescaline, the peyote fasttrack.  :HaHa:

99730[/snapback]

Or magic mushrooms, like John the revelator prolly took.

Maybe that's why Oral Roberts saw the 500 ft. Jesus... :scratch:

Why is it that when I ask certain questions, Christians stop replying to me? It's a very simple question, in my opinion.

What is a spirit, Danno?

Why is it that when I ask certain questions, Christians stop replying to me.  It's a very simple question, in my opinion.

What is a spirit, Danno?

99772[/snapback]

Don't feel alone. He's ignored a few of mine, as well.

What do you believe... is it the truth?

We could ask you the same question, liar boy.

Now get off your pudgy ass and start replying to Neil's questions. You're so fucking convinced you're right, why not prove it?

Why is it that when I ask certain questions, Christians stop replying to me?  It's a very simple question, in my opinion.

He's been doing it since day 1. Only picks minuscule issues to reply to. He's dancing around the elephant in the living room, and can't see it.

What is a spirit, Danno?

99772[/snapback]

I guess you're not talking about Absolut?

I guess you're not talking about Absolut?

99798[/snapback]

In Danny's case, it would explain much....Absolut, taken with lots of uppers.....

What do you believe... is it the truth?

99681[/snapback]

i beleave god dont care how you worship. god isnt a human. i call him a he outta habit. i dont beleave god wants everyone too beleave in the bible. why bother telling you what i beleave youll just say its the devil playing a joke on me.

Why is it that when I ask certain questions, Christians stop replying to me?  It's a very simple question, in my opinion.

What is a spirit, Danno?

99772[/snapback]

A spirit is our eternally dwelling selves.

We are not human beings that have "spiritual" experiences. We are spirits, have a human being experience ever since God made us.

What is a spirit, Danno?

99772[/snapback]

why is it when i debate with christians i hear the exact same lines word for word. do all the christians in the world use them lines. danno forgot to memorise the christian catch phrase for that question :lmao:

We could ask you the same question, liar boy.

Now get off your pudgy ass and start replying to Neil's questions.  You're so fucking convinced you're right, why not prove it?

99796[/snapback]

You think I'm here to prove something. That's a mistake. I have yet to be proven anything by anyone else. I just hear a lot of beliefs, and piles of misunderstood references to the Bible.

You think I'm here to prove something.  That's a mistake.  I have yet to be proven anything by anyone else.  I just hear a lot of beliefs, and piles of misunderstood references to the Bible.

99869[/snapback]

i think your here too try too make us ex christians be christian again. am i right?

You think I'm here to prove something.  That's a mistake.  I have yet to be proven anything by anyone else.
Not really... I've proven that you're an idiot and that you don't know what the hell you're talking about most of the time.

Honestly, how many times did you try to show me wrong by AGREEING with me on the Jeconiah thing?

I just hear a lot of beliefs, and piles of misunderstood references to the Bible.

99869[/snapback]

You would do very well to stop talking to yourself then...

A spirit is our eternally dwelling selves.

We are not human beings that have "spiritual" experiences.  We are spirits, have a human being experience ever since God made us.

99867[/snapback]

Now prove it... Prove that we have eternal dwelling selves, and prove that they are indeed spirits. Prove that we are spirits and that God made us.

After all, to have made such a claim, you must know everything there is to know... otherwise, you're just guessing, and I'm sure you'd hold yourself to the same standards you hold everyone else to... wouldn't you?

Now prove it... Prove that we have eternal dwelling selves, and prove that they are indeed spirits. Prove that we are spirits and that God made us.

After all, to have made such a claim, you must know everything there is to know... otherwise, you're just guessing, and I'm sure you'd hold yourself to the same standards you hold everyone else to... wouldn't you?

99876[/snapback]

No thanks.

No thanks.

That's great Daniel. You would have been better served not responding at all rather than give such a vapid statement. I made a comment about this in another thread, and I hope you see it there as well.

Look at the previous post from Crazy Tiger. Yes, the tone is a bit on the confrontational side, but there's still a valid question in there that you choose to ignore. If christianity is predicated on the salvation of the soul, isn't it perfectly valid to ask for proof of it's existence?

Please Daniel, if you're going to spend this much time around here, you could at least make a small effort. Are the members here sometimes rude? Sure. Does that change the fact they are asking legitamate questions? No. Rise above it Daniel and help us to understand what it is you actually believe and why you think the choices you've made are justified.

That's not too much to ask... is it?

IMOHO,

:thanks:

99876[/snapback]

No thanks.

99878[/snapback]

What? You won't prove it? You won't hold your claims to the standards you DEMAND of others claims?

Did I spot you telling us that to make an absolute claim (ie. that a video was the worst ever made) they would need knowledge of everything on that subject? Why, yes I did.

Did I spot you having a go at someone for making what you thought was an absolute claim WITHOUT that knowledge? Why, yes I did?

Have I just spotted you making an absolute claim without knowledge of everything on that subject? Why, yes I have!

What does that make you, Daniel?

No thanks.

You know what it's called when people believe something that can't be proven? A lie.

You think I'm here to prove something.  That's a mistake.  I have yet to be proven anything by anyone else.  I just hear a lot of beliefs, and piles of misunderstood references to the Bible.
What's a spirit, Dan.

You know, Danny-boy walks this fine line between being a troll

and just being a very annoying moron. I'm not sure which it is

yet, but let's just say that I'm rather skeptical of his intentions.

He sure seems to like the attention he's getting, though.