Goodbye Jesus

Personal Definition of God

Amanda

Eve may have wondered, when Satan told her she would *surely not die* as God said they *would die* if she ate...  Eve had never experienced, or seen death.  She could not comprehend it.  How could she?  Nothing in the garden had EVER died... and yet God, is saying that if she ate of it... she would actually DIE?  How can a God that is going to let me die, be good?  Surely... God is good... you're right Satan, I won't die if I eat this... God wouldn't let me die.  I can't fathom death, it must be horrible.

106480[/snapback]

There is no character called Satan in Genesis. Just where are you getting that info from?

I don't want you, Amanda, or anyone else to end up in a place they don't want to.  So, I must confirm what Jesus confirmed.  Hell is real, and many will go there.  Whether you can fathom an eternal residence or not... doesn't matter.  Eve could not fathom death, and yet death is so common place with us now that we have seen.  Who can fathom eternity?  Who can fathom the eternal residence and power of an all knowing all seeing God?  Not I... but if His Word has said, eat and you will die... I believe Him, even though I can't fathom it.  Jesus died to save men from the judgment that would pend death, and that is what we preach.

Please demonstrate from the OT the concept of hell as a place of eternal torture

Hell is a NT invention, not a OT (very likely copied from Pagan culture)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• willybilly30

• Ouroboros

• Ssel

• Fweethawt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im starting to wish I never let people know I believed anything.

I really did not want to get into a prove your beliefs is true topic.

I just wanted to answer Amanda’s question with my views.

I knew Amanda’s beliefs were similar and thought we could have a interesting conversation. This is going to turn into big argument theists verses atheists

And that is not what I wanted to do.

Why are people on here trying to prove everyone wrong?

I thought this was a forum for those against Christianity

If everyone is against ever religion it needs to be called www.ex-religion.net

I have never tried to prove atheists wrong and say bad things about what they believe.

106502[/snapback]

No, it's right. This site is for the people that left Christianity. Now a chunk of people are Atheists, and some are Deists, some Pagan, some Wicca and yet some are somewhere between it all.

You will get different answers and different responses from different people. So don't judge the whole website from some people's opinions. This is a very mixed group. Just remember that. After a while you learn who believes what, and who doesn't believe etc.

Personally, I'm atheist, but I don't have any problem with you having a belief of any kind - which I hope you have noticed, since I even enganged in discussion with you.

106508[/snapback]

Im starting to wish I never let people know I believed anything.

I really did not want to get into a prove your beliefs is true topic.

I just wanted to answer Amanda’s question with my views.

I knew Amanda’s beliefs were similar and thought we could have a interesting conversation. This is going to turn into big argument theists verses atheists

And that is not what I wanted to do.

106515[/snapback]

You can always step out from a topic for a while, and go in and discuss in other topics instead. To cool off, and think about things. Sometimes, ideas and understanding doesn't come immediately, and you need some time to work it through.

And you can always write to people with personal messages too; you don't have to write your messages in the forum if they are more about a 1-to-1 talk you want.

Up on the right side, you have a line saying "... New Messages", and if you click there, you get into the Personal Message system, where you can send message to one person only. Very much like email, but it's only in here.

So, I must confirm what Jesus confirmed.  Hell is real, and many will go there. 

106480[/snapback]

:shrug:

And I will confirm what Heracles (another son of god - and much more original than Jesus) confirmed:

"Our lives are but a little while, so let them run as sweetly as you can, and give no thought to grief from day to day. For time is not concerned to keep our hopes, but hurries on its business, and is gone.

I like that quote

Where’s that from?

So, I must confirm what Jesus confirmed.  Hell is real, and many will go there. 

106480[/snapback]

:shrug:

And I will confirm what Heracles (another son of god - and much more original than Jesus) confirmed:

"Our lives are but a little while, so let them run as sweetly as you can, and give no thought to grief from day to day. For time is not concerned to keep our hopes, but hurries on its business, and is gone.

106526[/snapback]

How do you know atheism wasn’t by a delusional or fraudulent person?

I tell you what if you can prove with out a doubt there is no god ill convert to atheism.

106509[/snapback]

You can't prove a negative, willybilly. Nobody can prove the invisible pink unicorn doesn't exist, either.

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else believe.. I don't get any extra credit for winning converts. I just know what I believe to be true and what I believe to be a fraud. And the results of my belief come from lots and lots of thinking and examining and experiencing and living. This ain't my first rodeo.

That quote is from "Heracles" written by Euripedes. 421 BCE.

I'll give you this, Willy. At least you aren't so arrogant, and ignorant to make the firm and blind claim of saying their is no God.

You see an atheist, in the little amount that he knows, has taken the belief based on the little knowledge he has--there is no God. It's quite an outstanding claim, I must say. That is, in the FAR LESS than 1% of knowledge of all things he (an atheist) or any other person has about all existance... he has taken the stance, that based on his observation of that knowledge... there is no God. Keep in mind, there is still an incredible 99%+ knowledge he does not have, nor will ever attain. Yet, the atheist has made the stance that there is no God. It's a foolish stance, and the pslamest that wrote the fool has said in his heart there is no God, was very accurate.

Take for instance if I were to say, "there are no fleas in China." The atheist walks around His house, he examines it top to bottom... he checks his animals, his cat and dog. He checks his own body, and he vaccums his furniture. He turns his entire house upside down, and when he finds no fleas he concludes, "well... there are no fleas in China." He is now angry at the person that told them there were fleas in China. But, the mind of an atheist is foolish. He has said in His heart there is no God, when he has yet to walk outside his own home. In order to claim, there are no fleas in China, one needs ABSOLUTE knowledge of China. No, is an absolute statement. You would have to know that under no rock, on the backhair of a Tibetan yack, in a bowl, in an underground well somewhere along the border or burried in a forest... there is not a single flea.

You see, a single flea, compaired to the size of China, is about the same amount of information an atheist has compaired to this universe, and yet he arrogantly claims there is NO GOD in it. He doesn't know that... He couldn't possible know that. That is why the psalmest rightly said, the fool has said in his hear there is no God... nobody could make such an absolute claim, having such feeble knowledge, and such a little % of information of ALL THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, let alone the unknown. He has only seen his own house, and made the claim there are no fleas in all of China. It's pretty foolish. At least you have that going for you, you haven't made that kind of intellectual suicide that says God does NOT exist.

I'll give you this, Willy.  At least you aren't so arrogant, and ignorant to make the firm and blind claim of saying their is no God.

You see an atheist, in the little amount that he knows, has taken the belief based on the little knowledge he has--there is no God.  It's quite an outstanding claim, I must say.  That is, in the FAR LESS than 1% of knowledge of all things he (an atheist) or any other person has about all existance... he has taken the stance, that based on his observation of that knowledge... there is no God.  Keep in mind, there is still an incredible 99%+ knowledge he does not have, nor will ever attain.  Yet, the atheist has made the stance that there is no God.  It's a foolish stance, and the pslamest that wrote the fool has said in his heart there is no God, was very accurate.

Take for instance if I were to say, "there are no fleas in China."  The atheist walks around His house, he examines it top to bottom... he checks his animals, his cat and dog.  He checks his own body, and he vaccums his furniture.  He turns his entire house upside down, and when he finds no fleas he concludes, "well... there are no fleas in China."  He is now angry at the person that told them there were fleas in China.  But, the mind of an atheist is foolish.  He has said in His heart there is no God, when he has yet to walk outside his own home.  In order to claim, there are no fleas in China, one needs ABSOLUTE knowledge of China.  No, is an absolute statement.  You would have to know that under no rock, on the backhair of a Tibetan yack, in a bowl, in an underground well somewhere along the border or burried in a forest... there is not a single flea.

You see, a single flea, compaired to the size of China, is about the same amount of information an atheist compaired to this universe, and yet he arrogantly claims there is NO GOD in it.  He doesn't know that... He couldn't possible know that.  That is why the psalmest rightly said, the fool has said in his hear there is no God... would could make such an absolute claim, having such feeble knowledge, and such a little % of information of ALL THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, let alone the unknown.  He has only seen his own house, and made the claim there are no fleas in all of China.  It's pretty foolish.  At least you have that going for you, you haven't made that kind of intellectual suicide that says God does NOT exist.

Hey daniel, are you an agarbelsnark?

I mean, are you arrogant enough to proclaim that there is no such thing as a garbelsnark in the ENTIRE universe?

Who could make such an absolutist claim? :scratch::loser:

Asimov, it is not fair to represent it as A=B

Amanda, your analogy is false once again.

Allow me to explain:

You equate God (B ) with the Universe (A - what you called Everything). This is your fallacy of Equivocation.

I tell you what if you can prove with out a doubt there is no god ill convert to atheism.

Willy, Atheism wasn't "concocted" by someone. It's simply a belief system that denies or disbelieves in the existence of God.

Since I've shown that your god is fallacious you should already be an atheist.

I'll give you this, Willy.  At least you aren't so arrogant, and ignorant to make the firm and blind claim of saying their is no God.

Big words for someone with no balls.

You see an atheist, in the little amount that he knows, has taken the belief based on the little knowledge he has--there is no God.  It's quite an outstanding claim, I must say.  That is, in the FAR LESS than 1% of knowledge of all things he (an atheist) or any other person has about all existance... he has taken the stance, that based on his observation of that knowledge... there is no God.  Keep in mind, there is still an incredible 99%+ knowledge he does not have, nor will ever attain.  Yet, the atheist has made the stance that there is no God.  It's a foolish stance, and the pslamest that wrote the fool has said in his heart there is no God, was very accurate.

It's not a foolish stance, cockfag. It's a statement based on the available evidence, and not an absolute statement.

Since you don't exactly provide substantiation for your belief, you have no right to strut around this website calling Atheists fools. I offered to debate you, daniel, but you're too much of a pussy to actually step to the plate.

Take for instance if I were to say, "there are no fleas in China."

False analogy. Since fleas have already been demonstrated to exist, have an identity (primary, secondary and tertiary characteristics). Have been observed and tested.

Since you cannot absolutely prove that Zeus does not exist and is not the ruler of everything from Mt. Olympus, you should believe he exists and worship him, including every other God in existence.

Oops....did I just show how much of a jackass you were?

Who could make such an absolutist claim?  :scratch:   :loser:

106553[/snapback]

Only someone "foolish", "arrogant", with "feeble knowledge" and is intellectualy suicidal.

that makes sense I mean you cant prove god don’t exist

Take for instance if I were to say, "there are no fleas in China."  The atheist walks around His house, he examines it top to bottom... he checks his animals, his cat and dog.  He checks his own body, and he vaccums his furniture.  He turns his entire house upside down, and when he finds no fleas he concludes, "well... there are no fleas in China."  He is now angry at the person that told them there were fleas in China.  But, the mind of an atheist is foolish.  He has said in His heart there is no God, when he has yet to walk outside his own home.  In order to claim, there are no fleas in China, one needs ABSOLUTE knowledge of China.  No, is an absolute statement.  You would have to know that under no rock, on the backhair of a Tibetan yack, in a bowl, in an underground well somewhere along the border or burried in a forest... there is not a single flea.

You see, a single flea, compaired to the size of China, is about the same amount of information an atheist has compaired to this universe, and yet he arrogantly claims there is NO GOD in it.  He doesn't know that... He couldn't possible know that.  That is why the psalmest rightly said, the fool has said in his hear there is no God... nobody could make such an absolute claim, having such feeble knowledge, and such a little % of information of ALL THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, let alone the unknown.  He has only seen his own house, and made the claim there are no fleas in all of China.  It's pretty foolish.  At least you have that going for you, you haven't made that kind of intellectual suicide that says God does NOT exist.

106552[/snapback]

Oops....did I just show how much of a jackass you were?

No. If there is one thing that he beat you to, that's it, right there. :mellow:

I feel the same way.

106509[/snapback]

You can't prove a negative, willybilly. Nobody can prove the invisible pink unicorn doesn't exist, either.

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else believe.. I don't get any extra credit for winning converts. I just know what I believe to be true and what I believe to be a fraud. And the results of my belief come from lots and lots of thinking and examining and experiencing and living. This ain't my first rodeo.

106543[/snapback]

You can, however, provide argumentation that a specifically defined God cannot exist using logic.

Otherwise it is up to the person making the positive claim to prove anything.

:mellow:

Willy, whether you know it or not, you've just accumulated a new friend.

Have fun.

You've got Danny creamin' his pants right about the time that he read that comment.

That does not prove god don’t exist

Willy, Atheism wasn't "concocted" by someone. It's simply a belief system that denies or disbelieves in the existence of God.

Since I've shown that your god is fallacious you should already be an atheist.

106560[/snapback]

It proves the Christian one doesn't.

You see an atheist, in the little amount that he knows, has taken the belief based on the little knowledge he has--there is no God. 

106552[/snapback]

After having been a christian for 25 years, I am quite comfortable of my knowledge of your only source of truth, the HOLY BIBLE..

So, I have the same knowledge you have, Daniel. You have yet to ever post something I've not heard before. But I have the additional knowledge that was gained once I stopped letting fear run my life.

Yea argumentation back and forth

Does that ever solve anything?

Watch this thread its just going to be fighting back and forth

And nothing will ever be proven

You can, however, provide argumentation that a specifically defined God cannot exist using logic.

Otherwise it is up to the person making the positive claim to prove anything.

106571[/snapback]

I doubt it

We can agree god exists

But we can’t agree on what god that is

:mellow:

Willy, whether you know it or not, you've just accumulated a new friend.

Have fun.

You've got Danny creamin' his pants right about the time that he read that comment.

106572[/snapback]

Yea argumentation back and forth

Does that ever solve anything?

Watch this thread its just going to be fighting back and forth

And nothing will ever be proven

That's because nothing of the Christian God™ has ever been proven. They shove it in people's faces as if their theology is some sort of truth, and they're not happy unless everyone becomes a mindless drone once their fucked-up theology scrambles everybody's brains.

It's what the theology is for.

It doesn't save shit.

It creates drones.

Im not talking about the Christian one.

It proves the Christian one doesn't.

106574[/snapback]