Goodbye Jesus

New Here

antix

This may sound odd, but I am a Christian who basically is sick of of christianity. I find most (and I do mean most) christians as super judgemental, extremely selfish and greedy and very hateful. I am 51 and one thing I have learned, if someone says they are born again, especially at work, it is best to stay away from them. Very backstabbing. Also (not to bore you), I have an aunt and uncle in their mid 60s who are born again and I cannot handle being around them. They never STFU and my aunt catches a cold and a week later she says the lord healed her. Not to mention they do missionary work (for a week in nice caribbean islands).

Also: I have nothing against gays, abortion is a woman's right, I do have issues with wars though.

hey antix :)

You know things are bad when you come hang out with ex-christians in the hope that you'll get along better with them than the followers of your own religion :P

I'm just assuming that's why you came here, right? I certainly hope so, anyway. It does get a bit tiring being told you never understood the bible properly or were never a true christian over and over and over again.

Catch ya around, Pudd :)

Hi Antix, welcome to the forum. My experience of Christians is slightly different. I think most have good motives and people who i meet are nice on the whole. However this is no reason to follow the absurdity which is Christianity. Some fundies are a hate agenda but thankfully are a minority. I have learnt a lot from the knowledgable exC folks here. Cheers adam

Guest Valk0010

This may sound odd, but I am a Christian who basically is sick of of christianity. I find most (and I do mean most) christians as super judgemental, extremely selfish and greedy and very hateful. I am 51 and one thing I have learned, if someone says they are born again, especially at work, it is best to stay away from them. Very backstabbing. Also (not to bore you), I have an aunt and uncle in their mid 60s who are born again and I cannot handle being around them. They never STFU and my aunt catches a cold and a week later she says the lord healed her. Not to mention they do missionary work (for a week in nice caribbean islands).

Also: I have nothing against gays, abortion is a woman's right, I do have issues with wars though.

If you meant that, you in good company here. Nice to see yah.

Antix, one q. If u are sick of xianity. Whats stopping u from leaving?

Hi antix! I hope that you enjoy our haven from cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy.

• Like 1

You sound just like me. I spent most of my life being a Christian who didn't like Christians. Even as a kid, my mom would send me to VBS to learn the bible because she was born-again, but the Baptists would treat me like some heathen that needed to get saved because I was whisper it Catholic. And the kids were such sanctimonious shit-heads. Just the worst. They were mean and stuck up and pretended to be perfect, the Pastor's daughter was the worst one of all of them. Honestly, if it wasn't for the hard core years of indoctrination by my mother & my desire to be loved and accepted by her, I probably would have been set free so many years earlier if I just trusted my instincts and not her.

I never had issues with homosexuality. I am anti-war. And abortion is not a black and white issue, it's a medical decision that should be between a woman and her physician.

• Like 1

*waves to Antix*

Well you sound much like the average German mainstream christian... if you've been honest with that OP of yours (sadly not everyone is) I think you and us will get along nicely :)

Welcome to Ex-C, antixianxian.

I think I can really identify with how you feel. I felt the same way for a long time. Check out something I wrote before I fully left the faith that I posted here: "A Look Back...". At the time I wrote that, I didn't realize just how far I was in my deconversion process.

Howdy and welcome.....although just a warning there'll be a bunch of ex-christian content here and you'll see many many posts about why people lost their faith. But I'm sure you already realize that.

Welcome anti! Glad you joined us. It will be interesting to hear more of your story....I am looking forward to that!

Welcome!

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes. I am a believer, but I think the vast large majority of believers (especially in USA) are full of themselves. I see many christians using christianity as a meme for being extremely pro war, right wing and ultra capitalist.

Thurisaz, I am being completely honest in my OP.

DeanMen, I was brainwashed by the anti catholic folks also, I do not see it that way anymore obviously.

Also, I get really annoyed by these happy go lucky Christians; fortunately, that is usually younger ones who sooner or later lose that after real world indoctrination.

Blackpuddn: There are no more annoying boards than Christan message boards, as for not understanding the Bible properly, most of them do not even read it, they listen to some wacko minister.

You understand the bible properly I assume?

This should get interesting.

Not sure, but I am 100 percent sure many christians do not

Maybe there's so much confusion...bc god is the author of confusion.

Welcome.

I am curious as to why you have come to an ex-Christian board.

Welcome.

I had a horrible time with Christians being asshats, especially southern baptists. They basically drove me to attempt suicide and protected a boy that groped my breasts unwanted. You sound like me as I was as a struggling teen.

However, I left Christianity (and all Abrahamism) behind when I read Genesis. Chapter 3 made me punch the book across the room in anger, and decide that Abraham's god wasn't worthy of worship. Also led me to think that an asshole god makes for asshole followers. Of course, that's not an absolute rule, I know now. But I still would never worship Abraham's god, even if it was proven he was real.

I don't know if you're questioning your beliefs at all, or are just looking for saner people to talk to. Either way, stick around and have fun. :)

Welcome. I'd also like to repeat the question, what brings you round these parts?

I am not leaving my beliefs but as lumaticheathen said, looking for saner people to discuss topics to. Sick of christians saying "God wants us to, God told me to etc" You talk to God, you are religious, God talks to you, you are psychotic.

I would also like to thank all the members so far who have responded, you have all been civil and polite. I was on achristian board a few yrs and was banned for questioning the iraq war. It was against the TOS

My other with extreme christians is one simple question they cannot answer: (and by the way I am a libertarian republican, not a liberal). Why are the highest rates of divorce, drug use and teen pregnancy in the Bible belt states and the lowest rates in more liberal open minded states like MA ?

Also, one other question they cannot answer: "show me one single verse in the new testament promoting war"

I would also like to thank all the members so far who have responded, you have all been civil and polite. I was on achristian board a few yrs and was banned for questioning the iraq war. It was against the TOS

*chuckles*

Sounds like "interesting" TOS... I'd like to know the exact part of them you supposedly violated. Morontheists... 'nuff said.

My other with extreme christians is one simple question they cannot answer: (and by the way I am a libertarian republican, not a liberal). Why are the highest rates of divorce, drug use and teen pregnancy in the Bible belt states and the lowest rates in more liberal open minded states like MA ?

Also, one other question they cannot answer: "show me one single verse in the new testament promoting war"

Those crickets can make a real deafening noise can't they? ;)

I think you have a promising future. :grin: You think. And you ask questions. Never stop being honest to yourself.

antixianxian, what in particular interests you most to discuss with those who are not constricted to the sorts of 'you believe this, you therefore think this' group commonly called Christians? Clearly, and understandably, you can't relate to those who call themselves believers, which means nothing more than group-think. So what is it primarily that is the most pressing thing you would wish to talk to those who would understand Christian thought, yet brave enough to think for themselves?