Goodbye Jesus

New Here

antix

According to....you? It means they know their religion inside and out. They've devoted their lives to studying it. Just bc you have a different opinion doesn't make them wrong.

Nor does it make them right. I have one question xians cannot answer: Show me one single new testament verse promoting war. they cannot, but they say stupid things like God wants us in Iraq etc. And thanks to that we took a secular state and made it a religious one.

Someone already answered that.

REVELATION.

• Like 1

Enjoyed conversing with you guys, I will be back on tomorrow evening (eastern time around 7/8pm)

Someone already kind of mentioned this but you actually sound a lot more like a deist than a Christian.

I was once in your shoes actually. I hated everything Christians were and clung to my Bible, trying to defend my views of homosexuality, abortion, etc. by saying that others had "bullshit interpretations". Then I started seeing the evils committed by God in the Bible and all the various contradictions and realized that it really wasn't worth holding on to. Then I clung on to the concept of God. Then I eventually let go of that as well.

I'm sure you already know this, but the longer you stay around here, the more you'll have people try to gently push you to question the Bible and guide you toward a more secular belief system. It's not like we're actively thinking that we're trying to deconvert you, more like we just can't help it. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Someone already kind of mentioned this but you actually sound a lot more like a deist than a Christian.

I was once in your shoes actually. I hated everything Christians were and clung to my Bible, trying to defend my views of homosexuality, abortion, etc. by saying that others had "bullshit interpretations". Then I started seeing the evils committed by God in the Bible and all the various contradictions and realized that it really wasn't worth holding on to. Then I clung on to the concept of God. Then I eventually let go of that as well.

I'm sure you already know this, but the longer you stay around here, the more you'll have people try to gently push you to question the Bible and guide you toward a more secular belief system. It's not like we're actively thinking that we're trying to deconvert you, more like we just can't help it. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

unless banned, I have no intentions of leaving this board. As for deconverting, please try. Like I said, I cannot stand most believers and have issues with many interpretations.

3) there is a natural hallucinogen in the body called DMT, when the brain becomes oxygen deficient, some small area where it is stored releases it, giving these "seeing a tunnel of light" etc

Still don't see how this negates spirit. Of course, I don't think of it in a Christian context, especially since I'm more of the opinion that there is no real split between the physical and the spiritual. I know about DMT, and still believe in spirit.

Light coming in through your eyes excites chemicals and neurons in your brain, and that's how you see. Does light not exist, because you perceive it by way of chemicals? That's how I think of the spiritual. Of course something happens to your brain when you experience something spiritual, you experience EVERYTHING through your brain!

As for deconverting, please try. Like I said, I cannot stand most believers and have issues with many interpretations.

I dont think you can be an authentic Christian, and "cannot stand most believers". I would never of dreamt saying that as a Christian.

Please can you answer some basic yes/no questions to prove that you are an authentic Christian...

1) Is Jesus God?

2) Is the Bible God-breathed?

3) Do you believe in the Trinity?

As for deconverting, please try. Like I said, I cannot stand most believers and have issues with many interpretations.

I dont think you can be an authentic Christian, and "cannot stand most believers". I would never of dreamt saying that as a Christian.

Please can you answer some basic yes/no questions to prove that you are an authentic Christian...

1) Is Jesus God?

1) yes

2) It is the word of God, but being eastern orthodox, I think the protestants have extremized the Bible. The writings of the desert fathers have merit also

3) yes

It is the word of God, but being eastern orthodox, I think the protestants have extremized the Bible. The writings of the desert fathers have merit also

I stand corrected :) Re Bible being the word of God. This may help http://www.exchristian.net/pics/wallet_bible1.htm

Ask me a specific question and I will be happy to answer.

Okay, I'll go for it. When Jesus said he didn't come for the 'righteous' and that the 'healthy have no need of a physician', whom was he referring to?

When Jesus said he didn't come for the 'righteous' and that the 'healthy have no need of a physician', whom was he referring to?

I'll give it a go! I think Jesus was referring to righteous Jews not needing his gospel. Jesus reported to say in Matthew's gospel that he was sent only to the Jews. An odd thing to say for a deity :D amongst many, many strange things.

When Jesus said he didn't come for the 'righteous' and that the 'healthy have no need of a physician', whom was he referring to?

I'll give it a go! I think Jesus was referring to righteous Jews not needing his gospel. Jesus reported to say in Matthew's gospel that he was sent only to the Jews. An odd thing to say for a deity biggrin.png amongst many, many strange things.

It's probably more than just that but I'm curious about what the original posting author would say about it.

You could be righteous before God and not need to hear his message. He came only for the lost sheep of Israel (acc to that very Jewish "Matthew" (not really matthew) guy).

Of course this is a total 180 from John and Paul.

Edit: "John". And "Paul"

Gotta have the quotes there.

You could be righteous before God and not need to hear his message. He came only for the lost sheep of Israel (acc to that very Jewish "Matthew" (not really matthew) guy).

Of course this is a total 180 from John and Paul.

Edit: "John". And "Paul"

Gotta have the quotes there.

I'm laughing as I write this because, like I told Adam5, I'm interested in what the 'Christian' has to say about it. I agree with what both of you said but let's just say I'd like to hear what he has to say about it..(wink...wink..)

And this even, not to beleaguer the point, was only to the LOST sheep of the house of ISRAEL. Not even the house of Judah was invited!

1) Is Jesus God?

1) yes

2) It is the word of God, but being eastern orthodox, I think the protestants have extremized the Bible. The writings of the desert fathers have merit also

3) yes

May I ask, how much of the bible have you read on your own outside of church service? I feel inclined to ask given the statistic that over 90% of Christians have not ever read the entirety of the book.

1) Is Jesus God?

1) yes

3) yes

May I ask, how much of the bible have you read on your own outside of church service? I feel inclined to ask given the statistic that over 90% of Christians have not ever read the entirety of the book.

New testament: completely about 4 times. Old testament, never completely, up to esther

Okay, I'll go for it. When Jesus said he didn't come for the 'righteous' and that the 'healthy have no need of a physician', whom was he referring to?

Good question, considering he came for everyone. That is my take on it

Well your take is correct, but only inasmuch as which book you're talking about. In Matthew he came only for a subset of Israel. In others, the world. It's contradictory.

Look, no offense, but you don't know your bible very well. Most here know it ALL TOO WELL. Knowing it, all the icky parts that the church wishes you wouldn't read, is what leads many to deconvert.

• Like 1

Well your take is correct, but only inasmuch as which book you're talking about. In Matthew he came only for a subset of Israel. In others, the world. It's contradictory.

Look, no offense, but you don't know your bible very well. Most here know it ALL TOO WELL. Knowing it, all the icky parts that the church wishes you wouldn't read, is what leads many to deconvert.

I will start reading it again, which book shalI I start with (New Testament please)

Any. All. It's all messed up.

My recommendation is to read some books by Bart Ehrman. He's one of the best biblical scholars in the US, if not the world. He was an evangelical, but is now an agnostic.

Any. All. It's all messed up.

My recommendation is to read some books by Bart Ehrman. He's one of the best biblical scholars in the US, if not the world. He was an evangelical, but is now an agnostic.

I will look it up online or amazon thanks

1) Is Jesus God?

1) yes

3) yes

New testament: completely about 4 times. Old testament, never completely, up to esther

Why have you never read the complete Bible?

I will start reading it again, which book shalI I start with (New Testament please)

What is wrong with the OT Books seeing as you have read the NT 4 times you claim. Also what do you mean by starting to read it again - aren't Christians meant to read it every day? Why don't you read it every day?

1) Is Jesus God?

1) yes

3) yes

Why have you never read the complete Bible?

Tried about 10 yrs ago, but the OT is quite boring and I am not one of those christians who says I got an orgasm from reading Numbers. I do need to read it in its entirity though