Goodbye Jesus

New Here

antix

You can look at it the other way. Have you ever had a good thought about someone, like helping them for instance? Well then, you're a good samaritan and you don't have to do anything since thinking it is the same as doing it.

Have you ever prayed for someone...? :P

• Like 3

I don't know....I think a person's thoughts are not far from their actions. Lustfully considering someone elses wife probably doesn't help you make good and life-giving choices for that couple.

And I say that's a load of bullshit. I make all kinds of decisions throughout my entire day that negate my baser instincts and idle thoughts.

Plus, there's a huge difference between idly wondering what it would be like to suck on Karen in accounting's tits, and planning dinner alone with Karen while telling your wife that you have to work late that night. If you can't see the difference, then you're an idiot.

hehe ur a funny guy

You can look at it the other way. Have you ever had a good thought about someone, like helping them for instance? Well then, you're a good samaritan and you don't have to do anything since thinking it is the same as doing it.

Have you ever prayed for someone...? tongue.png

I was just going to say that sounded a whole lot like "I'll pray for you".

I don't know....I think a person's thoughts are not far from their actions. Lustfully considering someone elses wife probably doesn't help you make good and life-giving choices for that couple.

And I say that's a load of bullshit. I make all kinds of decisions throughout my entire day that negate my baser instincts and idle thoughts.

Plus, there's a huge difference between idly wondering what it would be like to suck on Karen in accounting's tits, and planning dinner alone with Karen while telling your wife that you have to work late that night. If you can't see the difference, then you're an idiot.

I would prefer that our conversation remain above board being the Colosseum. Just saying that regardless of demonstrated behavior, I don't think that that totally negates our instinctual behaviors....i.e. the way I would ultimately treat the husband of the wife I wished to screw. If you think you are able to overcome that, good job.

Typical "were all debased pathetic psychopathic sinners" xian thinking........

Where lying ONE TIME IN YOUR LIFE makes you a "liar".

Kirk? Is that you? ;)

I would prefer that our conversation remain above board being the Colosseum. Just saying that regardless of demonstrated behavior, I don't think that that totally negates our instinctual behaviors....i.e. the way I would ultimately treat the husband of the wife I wished to screw. If you think you are able to overcome that, good job.

Let's see, how many affairs have I had, or planned to have, or intended to have, or even wished to have, with married women, or with any women since I got married? That answer would be none. How many times have "lustful" thoughts entered my mind? Too many to count. There is a huge difference between thinking about a thing, and actually doing a thing. If that weren't true, society would be even more of a clusterfuck than it is now.

Let's see, how many affairs have I had, or planned to have, or intended to have, or even wished to have, with married women, or with any women since I got married? That answer would be none. How many times have "lustful" thoughts entered my mind? Too many to count. There is a huge difference between thinking about a thing, and actually doing a thing. If that weren't true, society would be even more of a clusterfuck than it is now.

So in the past, when the thing was written, you think "more of a clusterfuck" would be an appropriate conclusion?

Edit: Re-reading your comment....never wished to have an affair but had to many to count lustful thoughts? You ok man?

And I stand behind the sentiment of my statement. If you can't see the difference between the two scenarios I presented, then I don't know what to tell you. If you think that every evil thought necessarily leads to some evil action, then you are the one that is abnormal, not me.

I am not some superhuman with some sort of unheard of, unfathomable restraint. I'm a pretty regular guy. I have random sexual thoughts throughout any given day since I'm a healthy, normal, heterosexual male. From what I can tell, most other guys are just like me in this regard. And also from what I can tell, most guys aren't banging someone everyone they see in the office just because they had idle thoughts about those people.

So in the past, when the thing was written, you think "more of a clusterfuck" would be an appropriate conclusion?

Edit: Re-reading your comment....never wished to have an affair but had to many to count lustful thoughts? You ok man?

And you don't have at least one lustful thought a day? What the hell is wrong with you? That's not normal.

Edit: Re-reading your comment....never wished to have an affair but had to many too count lustful thoughts? You ok man?

You ok, end? The time and place in which the sermon of the mount was penned was probably a lot like modern Islamic society, where women were punished for being raped and had little to no status or freedom. Is that what you would like to return to?

I would prefer that our conversation remain above board being the Colosseum.

I would to End. I would to.

But it doesn't. Many of those here are without any decency at all. They set up a place like the Coliseum as a place for elevated debate, and then piss all over it.

But it doesn't. Many of those here are without any decency at all. They set up a place like the Coliseum as a place for elevated debate, and then piss all over it.

Yes, put a Christian symbol by your name and all of the sudden not being able to absolutely overcome instinct is irrational. Whooda thought....

Yes, put a Christian symbol by your name and all of the sudden not being able to absolutely overcome instinct is irrational. Whooda thought....

End, we all have thoughts that don't conform to our societal norms that we never follow through on. I just never have to beg for forgiveness for mine from some sadistic deity that declared all of my "impure" thoughts to be sin.

Nah, it's not just Christianity. Some here (I want to make it clear that it is not everyone) don't give a damn about rules or laws or any of that nonsense. The rules are to be followed when it suits them, and disregarded when it does not suit them.

By the way, as stated in the rules for The Colosseum:

This section is for more serious debate. Although this section is not as formal as "The Arena," all posts should remain "on topic" at all times.

If a topic degenerates and wanders away from the topic, as frequently happens when people disagree, the entire topic may be moved to "The Lion's Den," closed, or deleted altogether. Offending posters may even receive warnings.

The point of this section is for those members who would like to see and participate in informal, yet serious, debate.

If a discussion becomes more serious and the debaters would prefer to have a more formal discussion, a moderator can be solicited to move the discussion to the Arena.

This thread was placed in the incorrect sub-forum to start with. The topic(s) has (have) ranged all over the place. There is no rule in The Colosseum against calling "bullshit" on an argument that is purely bullshit. I do not see how any argument here has degenerated to a point that the thread should be moved to The Lion's Den, or where it has become so academic that it fits in The Arena.

I still stand by all of my statements I've made in this thread. If any mods or admins feel I have broken the rules, or even the spirit of the rules, for The Colosseum, then feel free to warn, suspend, or ban me. And just because I make my points using humor does not make the points themselves any less valid. I often make jokes that also make serious points. Sometimes people don't understand that, but that's just too bad.

• Like 1

spirit of the rules, for The Colosseum,

I think "spirit" is sort of like short hand for the purpose for the rules. Why the rules were put in place.

In my opinion the purpose, or the function, of the Coliseum is to allow for reasoned, elevated debate.

But it does not have that function, because we do not respect that function. I suspect the mods are stretched thin, and we heathens cannot be trusted even to honor our own values.

Goddamn.

Goddamn.

Case in point.

Is there any doubt about it?

The fact that this is the Coliseum means squat.

Had to. Sorry, just the joker in me.

Legion, a xian newcomer spawned the OP as an introduction. It was misplaced from the start. If anything we've elevated it to a debate.

It was misplaced from the start.

If it was misplaced then it should have been moved.

Look, please don't get me wrong. I no longer care.

But I also will not pretend that this place is not populated by the people it is populated by.

Had to. Sorry, just the joker in me.

Sorry huh? Yeah, right. Just a joke. No big deal.

It doesn't matter. As I said, the Coliseum means nothing.

If it was misplaced then it should have been moved.

Who is responsible for moving it? Can you move it?

If you can and you haven't, you are a hypocrite.

If you can't, who can?

If not I, why rail against me?

If mod can, why hasn't he? If mod hasn't, why call him mod?

Was that a play on Epicurus? :HaHa:

I don't know why the mods do not patrol the Coliseum with greater vigilance. They are either unwilling or unable.

Was that a play on Epicurus? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I don't know why the mods do not patrol the Coliseum with greater vigilance. They are either unwilling or unable.

Yes, and a point regarding misdirected blame...