Goodbye Jesus

My Ex Wants Money

mymistake

V

Like post 124....why do you feel you have to do that?

I don't feel that I have to. I'm not being compelled.

Would you like to know why I responded that way? Then ask that question instead of implying that I feel that I'm compelled.

Fine I will make a more detailed analysis.

1) I don't doubt it's liberating, but within that education wouldn't you want to know if it's a tangent that ultimately might not be worthy to travel?

2) Just saying it's predictable.

3) He's so smart now, he won't be baited?

4) And you mention the truth.

5) You all are going to find that truth now because you know where it's not, yet you can't be happy with not having it.

Line 1 introduces the concept that ignorance might be superior to education. This is absurd. Ignorance is inferior in every possible way.

Line 2 is vague and meaningless. Maybe you intended for it to mean something but whatever it was you didn't covey that meaning.

Line 3 appears to be mocking but why is unclear.

Line 4 is a fragment. This is also vague.

I have no idea what you mean by line 5. Perhaps "where it's not" is a reference to the Bible? Are you jeering at someone for not being satisfied with ignorance?

This is third grade writing. I'm not saying that so that you will feel insulted. I'm telling you this because you are not communicating.

you are the least Christ-filled person on this entire thread.

I demand a recount. No way I could have lost this one.

• Like 1

I'm not scared of education A. I don't doubt it's liberating, but within that education wouldn't you want to know if it's a tangent that ultimately might not be worthy to travel? Just saying it's predictable. He's so smart now, he won't be baited? And you mention the truth. You all are going to find that truth now because you know where it's not, yet you can't be happy with not having it. Scary stuff A.

On a side note A. Was just thinking about you as a pastor's wife. I bet you were miserable. Actually I'm glad you got away. Your personality seems so not that. Not trying to be mean there, just that is how you strike me. Makes me think you were probably supressed in that mode.

You mischaracterize both him and others who seek to educate themselves. I guess you kind of have to. In your religion, ignorance is vaunted so far above education, gullibility so far above ration, that there's no other option. You're not a stupid guy; you could learn and grow so much more than you have. There *is* no tangent in education that is unworthy of our time and attention. What on earth could ever make it so? If God is real, then wouldn't all learning be useful? The only reason you'd say otherwise is that you know that learning and growing might make someone realize that it's all horse pucky. Put those blinders on! Can't look around too much!

Me, I want to know everything. I spent my evening reading about Renaissance cookery. Learned how to make an "herb torte" that actually sounds really neat--chard, spinach, and herbs minced with soft cheeses, spices, and milk and baked in a pie shell. We've lost so much over the years in what we eat and cook. Is rediscovering this dish going to save mankind? Is it going to end the war? No. But is it really unworthy compared to what I could have been doing, playing video games or watching TV or annoying the cats? Only Christianity considers that any part of self-development is worthless. There are a lot of truths, End. But you turn away from all of it and say that you know "the truth," but for a "the" truth it is certainly not making you any kind of a good person or helping you grow, even aside from its utter lack of veracity. So sad, so very sad. It's not in me to mock you for that. In the face of what you've said and what I see it doing to you, I feel only great sadness.

But I do thank you for being so kind, End :) You're right. We had absolutely no business marrying, but like a lot of evangelical kids, we thought "God" was telling us to get married and I figured if it was God's will, things would figure themselves out in time. They did not. He wanted a house full of kids; I'm childfree. He wanted a Stepford Wife who'd be utterly subservient; I'm an egalitarian. He wanted to lie constantly on the pulpit; I'm not really good at hearing something I *KNOW* is a lie and not saying a word. But just as I figured he'd figure his ass out in time if this was really God's will, he figured for the same reason that I'd change my mind about, well, every single aspect of myself. Irresistible force, meet immovable object. Whoops, guess neither of us (nor any of the "men of God" who kept telling us that getting married was God's will) was hearing from God. That's the problem with a purely subjective emotional experience; you can hear all kinds of shit you think is God, but when someone's hearing something diametrically different, you can't both be right. Hence why non-believers poke so much at the thousands of denominations and doctrinal differences among Christians.

• Like 2

Poetry.

As someone else has said, "words are your bitch".

No, obviously he's worried for me. He posts at 5 AM just to abuse me. WTF's up with that? I'm not even that foobarred. And that's saying alot MM.

It says your prejudice again. There could be any number of reasons why he would be up at 5.

Er, uh..well..eh... If I do post around 5am it was because we have to get up at 4:30 for morning prayers. LOL

Seriously, the wife has to leave for work by 6:15am... LOL

It says your prejudice again. There could be any number of reasons why he would be up at 5. Maybe he logged in here for some other reason and got distracted by your behavior. If you didn't believe that your imagination is the Creator of the universe communicating with you then you might not have these troubles. You come here arrogant and abusive and then you act like you are the one being persecuted. If you would just stop being rude then maybe others would stop being rude to you. Ya never know . . . why not try it for a change?

It's prejudice for me, but stereotyping Christians is ok.... He was up at five because men at his age have to pee and they can't sleep in anymore. And no, I've tried talking across to each of you...and btw, you and A and I are getting better I think, but numbnuts is still making a special effort bless him.

I'll quit for a time....but if I don't get receprocity, I'll be forced to conclude you all are a bunch of hurt twits without the balls to be vulnerable again.....how's that.

Like post 124....why do you feel you have to do that?

You are ONE freaking riot even though you are really psychologically disturbed. Can't counter with anything so you have to try and find fly shit in the sand? As I noted to one of the saner folks here, we get up at 4:30 on weekdays. And regarding my age - you seem to hate older people as much as you hate your own god (subconsciously) as well as yourself. But let me set you straight okay? Not all people in their 60s have to get up to do their sanitary duties if they maintain their health and physical wellness. I've been involved in sports and/or physical fitness all my life. I currently run 3-4 times a week with no effort. Oh, almost forgot. My other sport is tearing about xtians mired in their cult like you. LOL
  • Like 2

I'm not scared of education A. I don't doubt it's liberating, but within that education wouldn't you want to know if it's a tangent that ultimately might not be worthy to travel?

This sounds like someone who is afraid of that education, it sounds like someone who begins to deconvert but still has all the doubts about their choice.

And you mention the truth. You all are going to find that truth now because you know where it's not, yet you can't be happy with not having it.

5) You all are going to find that truth now because you know where it's not, yet you can't be happy with not having it.

I have no idea what you mean by line 5. Perhaps "where it's not" is a reference to the Bible? Are you jeering at someone for not being satisfied with ignorance?

That is correct End, we know that "the truth" is not in the bible, Koran or the Torah. And we are quite sure it's not in any other "book" either.

I think you misunderstand the people who come here. People are WAY happier without some snake oil version of the truth that abrahamic religions try to sell the people of Earth. Only a cult can convince people that there is a "truth". In reality, there is only life to live, there is no "truth", "word", "good news" etc. So I am going to refute your claim of unhappiness by using this website as proof. Testimony after testimony appears here by many current and former members that they are much happier now without xianity.

Perhaps I misunderstand you End, I thought you read threads in other sections of Ex-C. Perhaps I assumed something that is incorrect, perhaps you stay in certain sections only and have not actually experienced the threads where people are giddy with joy after finally breaking free of the painful shackles of the xian cults.

I also wanted to reswpond to something you mentioned earlier about how mean we all are to you. That is incorrect. I recall being very supportive of you finding a job where you are not treated badly. I said you needed to have more respect for yourself and not tolerate being treated badly at your job and perhaps you needed to find a job where you were appreciated more. I a heathen, was trying to to say that you a christian, don't deserve to be treated like shit at your job. I guess that was a horrible thing for me to do, be supportive and all. :(

Here's how that works in a different scenario...

Christianity convinces you that you are a sinner, or basically one stolen hymnal away from burning in hell for eternity. You are then required to treat yourself with contempt the entire time you are on Earth, and you are to let others treat you the same way. Evil sinner that only jesus can save.

The church says I'm bad... I let others treat me bad... I'm a victim because I'm a sinner because... The church says I'm bad... I let others treat me bad... I'm a victim because I'm a sinner because... <to infinity>

Sometimes I read your posts End, in threads I don't even participate in, and I feel like I hear someone who is bitter because they want to deconvert but are either afraid or are in a situation that would become highly umcomfortable if they did deconvert.

I don't doubt it's liberating,

It's phrases like these that really speak volumes to me.

And just so we are clear, I didn't get up at 6AM to post this, I haven't been to bed yet. :D

• Like 1

And just so we are clear, I didn't get up at 6AM to post this, I haven't been to bed yet. biggrin.png

London!!?? You stayed up ALL NIGHT to write mean things to Christians??GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Ficino and London,

ROFL!!! But, as you know, he was really talking about me. Moi, the old fuck who just came back from a rigorous 2 mile run. LOL

Oh dear, I think I gotta pee again!!!! ROFL

• Like 3

Ficino and London,

ROFL!!! But, as you know, he was really talking about me. Moi, the old fuck who just came back from a rigorous 2 mile run. LOL

You appear blind by your own necessity. Think about it.

End, why do you feel it so necessary to make such wild assumptions?

You don't strike me as too bright. Look, even in our small church after bills, we manage 500 bucks to our small food bank per month. So do you cut at 500 per month check by yourself? I highly doubt it. 6000 bucks a year to feed those that can't do it themselves. And we pray too. And captain, I highly doubt that if you had the cash, you would cut the check. But that's ok, your new belief allows you to be selfish....and be ok with it.

First thing I'll admit that since I've stopped going to church, frankly I don't give near like I used to. Before I knew it was 10% gross to the church but when I was having trouble month after month I dropped that to 10% net every pay check to the church. This along with the thousand other monthly contributions lead to a multi million dollar beautiful church and then some scraps were sent to food banks / other projects.

Now days I also still give only instead of 10% its a more manageable 2%, of course I don't give this amount to any christian organization, but allocate some to my local food bank and some prominent secular organizations (Doctors without Borders and UNICEF). Granted these organizations could prove to be dishonest in the future and at that time I'll change to another one, but at the same time I guarantee my church didn't give 20% of the contributions away to charities / food banks / homeless shelters. If everyone took 20% of their church contributions and gave them to local organizations themselves instead of the high price church overhead our needy would be in a much better shape.

church%2Bbar%2B1.jpg

Lets put these old churches to proper use!

This is a church I'd gladly give to! Hell the biggest reason most people go to church is the social aspect, anyone can praise gawd from their homes or listen to some shitty preaching elsewhere.

Ficino and London,

He doesn't appear blind to me.

Edit:

End, can we agree on something? The reason you think he is blind and I think he isn't blind is because you have Jesus and I don't.

Blind is as blind does, MM. I wouldn't call striving for self-improvement and education blindness, personally. But Christian doublespeak demands that End call seeing blindness and freedom slavery, truth wrong and fuzzy fiction reality. Relabeling and controlling language is one way that fundamentalism tries to control its bleating sheep, and in this they have succeeded grandly. (PS: Why do shepherds keep sheep? Is it to give them long lives of religious contentment? Or to eat them?)

There is a simply gorgeous converted church in my area that is now a coffeehouse. I love going there. Bet there's been more genuine joy in that building since its conversion in the last five years than it ever saw as a church in its previous century, not to mention more community involvement.

Ficino and London,

He doesn't appear blind to me.

Edit:

End, can we agree on something? The reason you think he is blind and I think he isn't blind is because you have Jesus and I don't.

Actually I am going to be blind after punching out my own eyes. LOL

I can't decipher the hidden meanings of his ramblings any longer. I'm supposed to think about his latest absurdity? I think I'd have a more interesting time watching the paint dry on the wall I just painted. LOL

And, I'm confused(NOT). DIdn't he say he was leaving this particular forum topic? Must be onel lonely person. Think about it. LOL

Oh, just caught something - when I posted this the first time before adding this comment I noticed the time stamp is one hour earlier than it actually is. Not that this means anything I guess.

And just so we are clear, I didn't get up at 6AM to post this, I haven't been to bed yet. biggrin.png

London!!?? You stayed up ALL NIGHT to write mean things to Christians??GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I know right? It only took me 6.5 hours to compose that post. eek.gif Thankfully I have just arisen from the coffin, had my morning cup of blood and am raring to go!zDuivel7.gif

• Like 1

Ficino and London,

Darnit, Raoul, you are reading books and exercising. WTF! Stop defying End's stereotype of men over 40.

40 is the new 28, gang... which is good news for me ;)

Ficino and London,

Darnit, Raoul, you are reading books and exercising. WTF! Stop defying End's stereotype of men over 40.

ROFL.. And you know something even funnier? When I go to the supermarket to pick up some stuff I'm always bitching to my better half about those 'old people' who seem to wander around the shopping aisles aimlessly, unsure of what they're gonna buy. They always get in my way because when I shop I do it like a German blitzkreig - I have all of the products and places they're at practically memorized. So I wanna get in and get right out again but can't sometimes because of those 'old people'. The funny part is that the old people are sometimes 10 or 20 years younger than I. ROFL

I guess it's really all in your mind as they say, right?

• Like 1

LOL raoul, we used to call those people "sunday drivers". They have all the time in the world to wander around and no one else on Earth exists except them. And you are so right that they do come in all ages.

Sometimes you gotta just get in and out like a ninja! ph34r.png

end....the perfect example of shining christian charity and love.

Picks a insult fight on internet because he disagrees with someone.

Claims persecution when they fight back.

Yep he's a christian.

• Like 2