Goodbye Jesus

Top Neurosurgeon ‘Spent Six Days In Heaven’ During A Coma

LifeCycle

All that meditation is is a highly focused exercise that takes what you get from listening to music, and deepens that yet again, and again, and again, to the point you are utterly swimming within that music. It's the same thing, just more, deeper, fuller, richer, and so forth. That's all this is. You find yourself, and are in love. That's spirituality, not this other crap about whatever it is we imagine it means.

we become love itself.

I think I'm there Antlerman!! Wendytwitch.gif I don't think I have to do one more thing!! eek.gif I AM LOVE!! yellow.gif

Yes...I have arrived!! Most of the time I am loving to most people and myself now!!

I just still complain too much... rolleyes.gif I'll work on that and then I will have reached nirvana!!!!!

This is awesome today!! GONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

Now, if I could just see my spirit leave my body..I would be ecstatic!! PageofCupsBounce99.gif

That might happen tonight..I won't force it though.....I promise!!

........just havin' a little fun Antlerman......... happydance.gif

Well let's hear your definition of atheist that includes people who believe in God.

1. Let's hear your definition of God

2. Let's hear your definition of "believe in" God. What is it that is 'believed'?

3. Let's hear your definition of an atheist.

Please be specific and detailed.

Most of the time I am loving to most people and myself now!!

I just still complain too much... rolleyes.gif I'll work on that and then I will have reached nirvana!!

Now, if I could just see my spirit leave my body..I would be ecstatic!! PageofCupsBounce99.gif

Yes, well, only you can answer this for yourself. Believe me, when we think we've arrived, there's another door. Are you at peace? A peace that is a calm mind and emotions in all your movements though the day? That's the real point. If you have that, than yes, this is good.

I'm going to share something that will surely freak some people out here, but I like it's message. In no way do I believe the 'angel' in this depicts some real beings out there. It's use in this is for a purpose to convey an underlying truth in our experience of our humanness that I very much embrace and agree with. I love it's presentation, if you are able to get beyond some knee-jerk reaction to mythical symbols. Those are irrelvant. There is one line it in particular that conveys what I saying about loving yourself. "Love yourself so completely...." You'll get the gist of it. (It's really sad we have to take things like this so damned literally and not hear it speak to that reality that is in all of us). Anyway.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0aQslMHDYCs

BTW, this, is my "religion". Offensive, isn't it? This is the "God" I believe in...

My true 'peace' comes when I lay my head down on the pillow at night.

Margee, where do you go when you go to sleep?

Most of the time I am loving to most people and myself now!!

I just still complain too much... rolleyes.gif I'll work on that and then I will have reached nirvana!!

Yes, well, only you can answer this for yourself. Believe me, when we think we've arrived, there's another door. Are you at peace? A peace that is a calm mind and emotions in all your movements though the day? If you have that, than yes, this is good.

Antlerman....I'm gonna take up tokin' again....that always kept me 'mellow'.........(just kidding again!) ...maybe?? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

I AM working on trying to be peaceful throughout the day....so maybe I AM on my way!! biggrin.png

I'm gonna' watch the youtube now.....

If you eat meat then you are not a vegetarian.

Actually there are different kinds of "vegetarians". A vegan doesn't eat meat or any product that comes from animal (like egg, milk, etc). A pescatarian is someone who doesn't eat any meat, except fish. And many more. All types categorized under a larger label called "Vegetarian."

Here are the top 7 types from About.com: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianvegan101/tp/TypesofVeg.htm

To explain how I see Christianity now is difficult. But in a simple nutshell, it doesn't work. That's why.

.. it doesn't work for you Ant ... that is the difference! If you WANT to see christian people it works for with as great as sincerity as you have for meditation ... I surely know them!

• Like 1

If you eat meat then you are not a vegetarian.

Actually there are different kinds of "vegetarians". A vegan doesn't eat meat or any product that comes from animal (like egg, milk, etc). A pescatarian is someone who doesn't eat any meat, except fish. And many more. All types categorized under a larger label called "Vegetarian."

Here are the top 7 types from About.com: http://vegetarian.ab.../TypesofVeg.htm

Let's not muddy things up here! Nice clean lines please.... it's simple you either are, or you aren't. Right?

To explain how I see Christianity now is difficult. But in a simple nutshell, it doesn't work. That's why.

.. it doesn't work for you Ant ... that is the difference! If you WANT to see christian people it works for with as great as sincerity as you have for meditation ... I surely know them!

I know them too! And I'm happy for them and consider them of kindred spirit. But it's not passion that means it actually works. I'm talking those who have peace, whose minds and hearts are open to love.

I should have clarified, it's not a good fit for me, therefore it doesn't work for me.

Let's not muddy things up here! Nice clean lines please.... it's simple you either are, or you aren't. Right?

Right. A True Vegetarian™ does not eat any kind of meat, or product from any animal, or the food of animals, or drink their water, or breathe any animal's air. 6 feet under, that's a sign of a good Vegetarian. ;)

Right. A True Vegetarian™ does not eat any kind of meat, or product from any animal, or the food of animals, or drink their water, or breathe any animal's air. 6 feet under, that's a sign of a good Vegetarian. wink.png

Yes, all those who just call themselves Vegetarian and eat fish, for instance, aren't real vegetarians. They're just "weak carnivores".

I'm talking those who have peace, whose minds and hearts are open to love.

.. that I definitely do not agree with! I know christians who DEFINITELY have that! Are they not in the USA? :-)

That youtube you put up is absolutly beautiful!! I mean that! Thank you for sharing that.

I still go back to THIS, THIS, THIS woohoo.gif .......Where is this wonderful opportunity for others on this earth?? They don't have NDE's - they get to do the real thing....die!! You say...''This is the god you believe in''?

Help me out here!! Please......

.. that I definitely do not agree with! I know christians who DEFINITELY have that! Are they not in the USA? :-)

Yet you agree? I never place a geographical location for them. Bottom line, if someone's religious practices give them what I am talking about, then how is it wrong? I'm not like the Christian who ties things to "correct belief". Are you?

Yes, all those who just call themselves Vegetarian and eat fish, for instance, aren't real vegetarians. They're just "weak carnivores".

Or Secular Vegetarians.

Or maybe Univegetarians?

That youtube you put up is absolutly beautiful!! I mean that! Thank you for sharing that.

I still go back to THIS, THIS, THIS woohoo.gif .......Where is this wonderful opportunity for others on this earth?? They don't have NDE's - they get to do the real thing....die!! You say...''This is the god you believe in''?

Help me out here!! Please......

The God I believe in is not a person in the sky who intervenes to save us from suffering, and when "he" fails he fucked up or doesn't exist. I don't believe this way. We are God.

Or Secular Vegetarians.

Or maybe Univegetarians?

I was thinking, if you have weak carnivores, and strong carnivores, what do you call a True Carnivore™? An American? A Patriot?

We are God.

How come 'they' aren't god Ant? The little starving children or the little ones being raped? I really want a sincere answer....something that makes sense to me!! I just want to understand!

Yet you agree? I never place a geographical location for them. Bottom line, if someone's religious practices give them what I am talking about, then how is it wrong? I'm not like the Christian who ties things to "correct belief". Are you?

... so if someones non-religious non-spiritual beliefs give them that peace .. are they wrong? What I am saying is one cure on this planet does not work for all.

As I said before .... is maturity in where you have made it to on this life "track" about what you DO believe .... or is it the true acceptance of being strong enough to accept all others beliefs, seeing that many different beliefs work for so many different people?

What I will agree with is that happiness and peace DOES come from within! Do you have to pursue a religious or spiritual path to find that? No. I think many roads lead to that same thing.

• Like 1

. I'm talking those who have peace, whose minds and hearts are open to love.

... well I am too! Funny we both see different things!

... so if someones non-religious non-spiritual beliefs give them that peace .. are they wrong?

Does it work is the question. If it works, then it works. I'm not some hangover Christian who believes you have to have correct beliefs. Those are usually a substitute for the real thing. I left Christianity because, though they were "right" for me while followed their ways, I outgrew them. Then they became a hindrance. This is true I believe of all of us here, actually. Too often though people tie 'salvation' to correct thinking, even now, as atheists even in their insistence on evidence in matters of faith.

What I am saying is one cure on this planet does not work for all.

That's tricky. I'd say one path alone does not work. But I would say that Love is 'better than' greed, if you're talking finding peace. I would say the cure is also multifaceted though.

As I said before .... is maturity in where you have made it to on this life "track" about what you DO believe .... or is it the true acceptance of being strong enough to accept all others beliefs, seeing that many different beliefs work for so many different people?

It is exactly what you say. I don't care if you believe in Jesus, Krisha, Buddha, are a theist, pantheist, panentheist, agnostic, atheist, humanist, or whatever. So long as you develop a way to nurture, nourish and grow that which is within you to find love for one another, you are on your path. What works for me, is what works for me. But development should be everyone's "God", so to speak. The more we grow, they greater the love, the greater the compassion, the greater the peace. But to be clear, growth does require work, whatever exercise you find that builds that in you.

What I will agree with is that happiness and peace DOES come from within! Do you have to pursue a religious or spiritual path to find that? No. I think many roads lead to that same thing.

Well, I just call all such paths spiritual, as it is the development of our inner "self". As I said before, it doesn't mean what most ex-Christians react to it as. I have an atheist friend and we speak about human spirituality all the time, and it has nothing to do with the supernatural. Do I think many roads lead to that same thing? You tell me.... (read my signature line below that's been there a year or so now).

. I'm talking those who have peace, whose minds and hearts are open to love.

... well I am too! Funny we both see different things!

Are we? I suspect not. ;)

We are God.

How come 'they' aren't god Ant? The little starving children or the little ones being raped? I really want a sincere answer....something that makes sense to me!! I just want to understand!

How do you assume they aren't? Do you feel compassion towards them as yourself? What are you seeing within them that stirs that compassion?

As it says in that video, that part I love so much, "Love yourself so deeply, that when you see another, you see God". You see that God within them and see their suffering, and experience that Compassion within yourself more deeply. It is through that, that we move to heal the world. "Love others as yourself", as an extension of what is within you, as yourself. They are you. Their suffering is your suffering.

Right. A True Vegetarian™ does not eat any kind of meat, or product from any animal, or the food of animals, or drink their water, or breathe any animal's air. 6 feet under, that's a sign of a good Vegetarian. wink.png

Are you guys mocking me? I thought I was being respectful to you.