Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

I am a christian and I want to know why you guys turned from God? I mean God is pretty direct about who he is He says he is loving, but reminds us that he is a just God. I will not start a christian YOUR ALL GOING TO HELL thing because that, to me, is kinda stupid. I'm just curious.

Come back when you're serious.

I am a christian and I want to know why you guys turned from God? I mean God is pretty direct about who he is He says he is loving, but reminds us that he is a just God. I will not start a christian YOUR ALL GOING TO HELL thing because that, to me, is kinda stupid. I'm just curious.

I'm sure the Muslims want to know why you turned from God as well.

God is pretty vague about who he is, considering that he doesn't say anything.

The people who supposedly write for God say that he is loving, but I see nothing loving from God's actions in the Bible. A just God? Justice has nothing to do with God. He makes it quite clear that he's willing to accept anyone into his club of "Holy Jesus Freaks Only" weirdos, simply on the basis of them believing in him. Yet he'll shun any reasoning intellectual who contemplates the impossibilities of God's existence. Simply because they don't believe. If it was a justice thing, then eternal punishment would be the least just thing to do.

Turn from God? I never turned from God, I never believed in God. The only thing I have going by on who and what God is, is from those who believe in him, and say they have the Holy Spirit.

:unsure: Is this joke? :unsure:

Ebony Fox,

If you are sincere then maybe you can show us were God is direct about saying he is love.

Maybe we learned to think for ourselves?

Ebony,

I am no longer a Christian for the simple reason that the Judeo-Christian god is a logically impossibilty. The reasons for arriving at this conclusion are many, but I will give you just one. Omniscience and omnipotence are mutually exclusive attributes, and as the Judeo-Christian god is defined as such, it can only exist as an imaginary entity. I prefer reality and do not direct my life around imaginary beings.

Bruce

First off, I would like to second Bruce's reasoning!

but reminds us that he is a just God

Just, :blink:

I see nothing just about a god who would send more that half of the world to hell just for not getting the right brand name. Are you certain that the Islamic faith is not the right one, what about the Mormons? Don't forget the Hindu, could they have been right all along?

Personally I doubt that Jesus even existed. So the christian brand name and all of its offshoots are out for me. Why would I follow someone who had to be sacrificed to his father for something that occurred many centuries before? Why follow a faith where human sacrifice is a positive thing?

Fist of all please do not put us in one box. Every one here is unique.

Some of us here have tried to understand jesus better by studying the christain theology and other religions, but unintentionaly found alot of contridictions wich made us question that ligitmacy.

You have to also understand that there are other negative issues that poeple had experinced wich led them to question it in the first place.

But beliefe in a god? Yea right I'm to analytical to even pondour about such fantisies.

I would rather know the truch about things no matter how hard and cold it is. But I have a much deeper appretiation of atoms. If you could understand a little about history, science, then maby you will not be all holy and rightous. If you would rather live a warm and fuzzy existance by beleiving in such things then more power to you.

Oh, are you judging us Ebony? You sure your not going to hell? The Muslims might be right after all.

I just wanted to know was all. Thnak you. I'm not gonna be judgemental

Some of you seemed to have had bad experiences with christians.

Yes, some had a lot of bad experience with them. Is there no atrocity Xtians have not commited in the name of thier demon god?

I'm sorry, but what did you mean by that?

You must not be very well versed in the Bible or in post biblical history of the behavior of your god or his followers.

Jesus Christ is my lord. I never really cared to get involed with the church because some of those people are alittle too "Holy" for me.

So I never went to those How to Be a Christian camps or history classes.

Imagine if you will a young mother. It's been raining for days and days now. Her husband never returned from the hunting trip. Shes pretty scared, cold, and wet. Flood waters rising everywere. Her little daughter is crying, can sense something is wrong. She's cold and wet too.

The young mother climbs to higher ground but the waters keep rising. She wonders why the gods are so angry that it is raining so much. Shes more scared then ever and alone as the water rises.

She climbs to the highest low mouinatin peak. The waters still rising. She's exhausted. Eventually the waters begin to rise up past her waist. It keeps rising, she tries to hold he little new born daughter over her head as long as she can. Eventually she succumbs to exhaustion, drops her little newborn into te waters.

The baby cries a second then goes under. Her little lungs filling with water. The mother screams, tries to save her baby but to no avail. She too perishes. So do all the other little children whose crime was being born and not in Noah's family.

This is just one example of your monster god's love and atrocity.

I just wanted to know was all. Thnak you. I'm not gonna be judgemental

Some of you seemed to have had bad experiences with christians.

Its not about just bad experiences. Its the history of ideoligies and gettind the big picture. It is the whole concept of relgion and a all mighty god or gods that created everything.

What about all those prophicies that were told and not a one came true? What about all the stoires and not one can be proven by science? Why beleive in a relgion that divides people? Not only is the christain religion a mess of falicies, but also all other faiths that have ever excisted at one time or the other. Its a big mess.

Why have faith in something that can not be proven, why not just beleive in your self and your abilities. Why not have self reliance? Why not have a devotion to education. Why not be accountable for our own acctions? Why not care for people for their own sake with out thinking I better do it because god is watching? Why not think for your self instead of having some other source think for you. Why close you eyes to idiology when you can open them to wonder.

Don't get me wrong I think some people do need to beleive because they do not have the mentality to function with out it. Some people are better off being contoled and manupulated.

That was a sad story to envision Vixentrox, Noahs ark did make me mad for awhile also, but like I said God isn't just loving. I do take comfort in the knowledge that that woman and her child are in heaven right now with Jesus.

Atheist Thinker, I agree. people do need to think for themselves. Some people really make me laugh! They expect God to do everything for them and never once think for themselves. I believe God gave us a mind for a reason. He doesn't want us to be mindless. That is just what I think.

That was a sad story to envision Vixentrox, Noahs ark did make me mad for awhile also, but like I said God isn't just loving. I do take comfort in the knowledge that that woman and her child are in heaven right now with Jesus.

Atheist Thinker, I agree. people do need to think for themselves. Some people really make me laugh! They expect God to do everything for them and never once think for themselves. I believe God gave us a mind for a reason. He doesn't want us to be mindless. That is just what I think.

What makes you think that there is a god?

Do you beleive because it gives you some direction in life?

Do you beleive because it sounds more logical to you? What are the reasons?

What makes you think they in heaven? God killed everyone else besides Noah's family becuase they were not holy enough for his tastes.

• Like 1

Im not trying to de-convert you or nothing like that but would like to understand you point of view.

I don't think its been said yet...but how can a person that doesn't believe in God, hate God?

I don't hate the Christian God. I don't hate Spiderman either. Same reason.

Every painting has it's painter, I do get alot of direction in life, and your right it sounds logical to me. God promised he would never leave me and to this day has kept his promise. I can't see him physically or anything it's just like...the feeling when you know someone is behind you even though you haven't turned around yet.

When Jesus died he went into hell and took everyone out to be with him. And the baby was already with him from the first day. There is an age of accountablity and if you are younger than that age then you are going to heaven no strings attached.

I can't find the exact verse in the bible but I know it's there.