Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

sorry Mrtruth. That wasn't the best word to pick but in order to have been a christian you had to know Jesus personally. I would change what I said but I don't know how.

Goodbye Jesus

Not to be a pain...but actually...the age of accountability isn't found in any bible verse. Do you know Jesus personally? Have you touched the scars in his hands/side? Does he talk to you, and you hear him?

If I say that I know Zeus personally, would you believe me?

I think you get me point. Your 'relationship' with Jesus is based on 'feelings'...not on anything verifiable. That's why people in ALL religions have these spiritual 'feelings.' Believe me, I understand. I used to be a Christian, and had 'mountaintop experiences' all of the time.

Not trying to belittle you...just trying to stretch your brain a bit.

I am a christian and I want to know why you guys turned from God?

That's not the question. The question is: Why did you turn away from Odin?

What? Odin does not exist, you say?

Well, then you know our opinion about your idol too.

sorry Mrtruth. That wasn't the best word to pick but in order to have been a christian you had to know Jesus personally. I would change what I said but I don't know how.

You know, I was thinking that you probably were a true christian. Surprise surprise! Thanks so much for sharing what it means to be a true christian Ebony_Fox. It was so thoughtful of you to define that for us.

When Jesus died he went into hell and took everyone out to be with him. And the baby was already with him from the first day. There is an age of accountablity and if you are younger than that age then you are going to heaven no strings attached.

I can't find the exact verse in the bible but I know it's there.

EF, I think you could stand to spend some time actually reading what your Bible really says, instead of just parroting wierd fluffly stuff you heard in some unreliable sermon. Many of us have spent a good deal of time in our Bibles, so a person coming in here and acting like they're a serious Christian when it's clear that they haven't even read their Bible just won't fly with us. Your witness to us is that you don't care enough about your own religion to do the work of some genuine study of your scriptures.

:) I'm not mad, sometimes it's good for christians to get a dose of reality. Not just the fall-back on the pews, and I'm filled with the holy ghost stuff.

the age of accountability is the age you are no longer considered a child. One verse that can lead you to that is that blessed are the children for theirs is the kingdom verse. (I admit I know what is in the bible, but ask for locations and I'm pretty much at a loss!)

"Blessed are those who have not seen me yet believe in me." I believe I will see jesus in person some day and I live waiting for that day. Jesus does talk to me through certain people and sometimes in just feelings.

If you said you knew Zesus personally I admit I would ask for the proof, I would also ask what he said to you.

I'm not religious I'm me. I love Jesus and am tring to live a life that is pleasing to him.

What types of churches did you go to? (Just another curious question) I just want to know you guys alittle better why you turned from God and stuff. I'm not tring to get preachey.

When Jesus died he went into hell and took everyone out to be with him. And the baby was already with him from the first day. There is an age of accountablity and if you are younger than that age then you are going to heaven no strings attached.

I can't find the exact verse in the bible but I know it's there.

So your pro-abortion then? Why give little babies a chance to grow up and go to hell when you can kill them early and send them to heaven to be with god.

What types of churches did you go to? (Just another curious question) I just want to know you guys alittle better why you turned from God and stuff. I'm not tring to get preachey.

I was raised in the Anglican Church of Australia.

Church wasn't what turned me away from Christianity, if you must know. It was the actions of other Christians, and using logic (and in effect my own brain) to figure out that Christianity is a complete fallacy. I might not have a high IQ, but I'm not stupid...

Cathloic when real young, Lutheren, then Church of God.

please don't see me as one of those preacher christians. I honestly do not even know who Odin is. And I have studied some on my Bible honestly not as much as I should have. I'm not in the position to go around buying books and traveling to foreign places. I get my info from others then look it up in the bible to see how accurate they are. I do know the faults of christians,but they are only humans after all. Everyone makes mistakes. Including God's chosen.

please don't see me as one of those preacher christians. I honestly do not even know who Odin is.  And I have studied some on my Bible honestly not as much as I should have. I'm not in the position to go around buying books and traveling to foreign places. I get my info from others then look it up in the bible to see how accurate they are. I do know the faults of christians,but they are only humans after all. Everyone makes mistakes. Including God's chosen.

Which Bible? Is it inerrent?

I'm not in the position to go around buying books and traveling to foreign places.

Well, neither am I. I'm 20, perpetually broke and still living at home - that should say it all. That's where the Internet comes in real handy.

I get different types. New king James, NIV. I do as much as I can and then write down what still bothers me and go up to my pastor or someone else more knowledgeble than me.

I am totally against abortion. No human has the right to take another humans life.

Did you ever beleive in santa clause when you were younger or even the easter bunny?

Now what was the determing factors that caused you to stop believing in these charcters?

I get different types. New king James, NIV. I do as much as I can and then write down what still bothers me and go up to my pastor or someone else more knowledgeble than me.

I am totally against abortion. No human has the right to take another humans life.

Why did god order his chosen people to smash other peoples childrens skulls in and rip pregnant women's bellies open with a sword then?

You know when it coems to thology it does not realy matter how knowlowgable you are about it because your own feelings will determine what you interpret.

Now if you give a hundred people a hundred bibles and tell them to read it then they will each get a different interpretations.

True, but in some cases there is no other choice. For instance if giving birth will kill the mother, and there is no other possible way to prevent her death. Not to mention that it is meant to be a woman's choice whether to have an abortion or not - it's her body after all.

LOL The sad truth about why I never believed in Santa Clause was because my mother would, at nine 0' clock put down all of the presents under the tree. She would always mumble the say thing every christmas, "No way some fat man in a red suit is gonna get into this house and take all the credit for what I bought!"

And anyway I grew up in a black home witha black mother In the ghetto.

(not to be rasicst or anything though) My mother got mad about us believeing in a white Santa and told us that Black Santa was his evil twin! She said he would come into the house through the window and instead of giving gifts take our gifts.

Easter Bunny...I wasn't raised in a home with the Easter Bunny.

Jesus Christ is my lord. I never really cared to get involed with the church because some of those people are alittle too "Holy" for me.

So I never went to those How to Be a Christian camps or history classes.

What do you mean "those people are a little too 'Holy' for me"? Please explain which behaviors of these people you have a problem with.

We could provide you examples, but it is better if you start to recognize them for yourself.

You know when it coems to thology it does not realy matter how knowlowgable you are about it because your own feelings will determine what you interpret.

Now if you give a hundred people a hundred bibles and tell them to read it then they will each get a different interpretations.

Not to mention that, in the English language alone, I am aware of the existence of over 300 Bible translations! Add that into the massively confusing mire.

True if the situation turned into a the baby or the mothers life I would maybe choose the mother. But that isn't for me to decide anyway. I just feel taking a babies life without even giving the poor little guy a chance at life isn't fair. Even though the baby is in the mothers womb the baby and the mother are two different people. Two different blood types, two different brains, two different hearts.

I'm surprised nobody has answered this yet (sorry if I'm getting off topic):

why do you hate God so much?

How can you hate someone you don't even believe exists? *raises eyebrow quizzically*

What do you mean "those people are a little too 'Holy' for me"? Please explain which behaviors of these people you have a problem with. 

We could provide you examples, but it is better if you start to recognize them for yourself.

How could any individual person possibly be too holy? :rolleyes:

If you said you knew Zesus personally I admit I would ask for the proof, I would also ask what he said to you.

You just hit it on the head. Now can you understand why we don't believe God exists?