Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

Do you believe in Love. Do you believe it is possible to go beyond like with people. I don't know how to define what I mean better than that.

Do you believe in 'like'? Do you believe it is possible to go beyond acquaintance with peopel? Part of being in a social atmosphere with other members of our species is that close bonding is necessary.

I think what we all should be aware of is when we debate using terms that are not well-defined, we will have a hard time convincing each other.

I'll be back tomorrow at about 9 alright. My mom just told me it's time for bed. I would answer but she'll get mad. Be back in the morning. Goodnight!

I'll be back tomorrow at about 9 alright. My mom just told me it's time for bed. I would answer but she'll get mad. Be back in the morning. Goodnight!

Good night

Just a couple things, ebony:

1)Don't feel unwelcome here. There are a lot of people who don't like Christians particularly, and I think it's very understandable and I can't say I disagree with them. But I also think that you have good intentions coming here, and just want some good discussion. So, just know that as long as you play nice, most of us will play nice. Welcome to the boards.

2)This is a personal pet-peeve of mine, is when people say that they have to go, and that they'll be back later. It's a forum, the whole point of it is that you can respond anytime you like, whenever you can. We can assume that if you don't respond right away, that you had something to do. But yea, that's just my own personal thought, don't take it to heart :D

LOL! I love your sense of humor Merlin! I read many of your posts (had joined right before the board remodel) and would have never guesses your age being 17!

I truly thought you were much older! (a compliment) :)

Lisa

Edited to add:  Sorry for the hi-jack! LOL :P

Well thank you! Many people comment about how I'm "Wise beyond my years.."

Alas, that didn't impress my history prof when I flunked the exam...

Merlin

Are you really BigToe? I'm happy to meet you. How long? and why a Christian?if you don't mind.

Yes, I don't know, because*, and no i don't mind.

*Because in that I suppose it depends on your definition of Christianity. If you mean what most of the people in this thread are insulting- then no, I'm not.

For me it got to where I felt there was more to life than the material universe. I felt the rational logic was the bones but needed flesh. I rather like fleshy things. So it got to where I could choose to ignore that or not. I chose not to. But I suppose you can say I am not "orthodox" by any means.

*Enters christian number 745,289.

"Why do you hate God so much? Blah blah blah....

I apologize to all because I'm going to repeat what has probably been said for the last 4 pages, which I didn't read.

No one here hates your particular god. I (we) just do not believe in him. I do not believe in any of the thousands of gods, for the same reason that I do not believe in unicorns, dragons, demons or talking animals. They simply do not exist.

I read your "Every painting has a painter line". I think it would be more constructive to have a discussion about this statement, or about any logical reason you can offer us as to why your particular truth , is correct.

I'll warn you Ebony, the Bible is, quite possibly, the best recruiting tool Ex-C has. A hefty percentage of our members have deconverted after reading the Good Book on their own.

Agreed. And what is funny is that Ebony is trying to explain/convince, dare I say educate others about christianity when most members here know the bible much better than what they do. If fact, many people here were christian longer than what ebony has been alive.

I didn't believe christianity until I read the bible. The whole way through. After reading it, it was not a matter of belief. Now I know christianity is a load of shit

Ebony seems ok though. She does seem sincere about learning...even if she started off a bit badly.

Do you believe in 'like'?  Do you believe it is possible to go beyond acquaintance with peopel?  Part of being in a social atmosphere with other members of our species is that close bonding is necessary.

Genius Asimov!

2)This is a personal pet-peeve of mine, is when people say that they have to go, and that they'll be back later. It's a forum, the whole point of it is that you can respond anytime you like, whenever you can. We can assume that if you don't respond right away, that you had something to do. But yea, that's just my own personal thought, don't take it to heart

Honestly though I tell you guys so you don't post so much while I'm away. I'm one person here and it's hard to keep up with everyones posts. I wanna respond to everyone so you don't think I'm being rude or bailing out.

Do you believe in 'like'?  Do you believe it is possible to go beyond acquaintance with peopel?  Part of being in a social atmosphere with other members of our species is that close bonding is necessary.

So you do believe in Love?Or do you just believe in close bonding? yes or no answer to this. Do you believe in Love. any kind of love.

How do get this Doubter thing Off my signature? Who put it there?

'Nother black guy here, if you were wondering. I too was raised in a strong black church, and I weren't so eager to have a good reason to get out of the faith, I'd say it's very difficult to change your world view.

In the vein of that Do You Believe In Love question: Do you believe in the instinctual need for animals in the wild and domestically to procreate? Answer that, And we'll talk about love, hmm?

It's just a "rank" title... ignore it, or post some more and it'll change.

Yes I do believe in that instinct.

Crazy-tiger what will it change into?

I think I did answer that Question in my last post. Its on the other page before this one. I would recopy what I wrote but I don't wanna repeat what I said.

How do you know love exsists?

I'm tring to get you guys to understand something. It's not the God is Love stuff just in general. I'm hoping some of you will keep an open mind to this.

How do you know your left big toe exists?

You asked earlier about "belief in love". I don't believe in love anymore than I believe in my left big toe. It is not necessary to believe in that which exists. It is the unreal that requires belief.

I'm speaking of love as certain behaviors between humans motivated by certain feelings brought about by and consisting of certain chemical/electro states of mammalian brains. As such it can be experienced between species as well as within species.

It's an automatic title. It changes as the number of posts you make passes certain milestones.

Then how do you get that dancing man off?

That is set by the webmaster, you'd have to send him a message in regards to it.

It is a group icon. You identify yourself as a Christian, so a moderator put you in that group. As time goes by, you will probably be put in a "Nice Christian" group with an icon that may be more to your liking. In the mean time, you can go edit your profile and select an avatar. The avatar should be able to offset the dancing icon.

You can change the avatar by scrolling up to the top of the page, clicking on My Controls, and when the new page loads, click on the Edit Avatar Settings page.