Goodbye Jesus

"Why Christians Just Don't Get It"

Checkmate

It seems they think they have found the truth, some wonderful experience that if only we'd listen we'd understand and want to have for our very own, a part of their magic that they have found. They are offering us their magic, how dare we reject it! What's wrong with us?

However, if they would just read the stuff they say here, it's just plain nutty.

How is it possible that they reason when their whole belief system (and the way they think) is based on the unreasonable.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Checkmate

• Scott

• roman

• Legion

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems they think they have found the truth, some wonderful experience that if only we'd listen we'd understand and want to have for our very own, a part of their magic that they have found. They are offering us their magic, how dare we reject it! What's wrong with us?

However, if they would just read the stuff they say here, it's just plain nutty.

How is it possible that they reason when their whole belief system (and the way they think) is based on the unreasonable.

And Taph, what really seems to rattle them is the concept of an EX-christian. They find it so incredible to hear that we simply stopped believing in the "gospel" that they can only counter with "well, you couldn't have ever been christians to begin with". That's what riles me. So, having tasted of the Magic Mushroom, we decided it wasn't for us. So what?

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable" (Mencken)

This is the section of the board to post Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on. Even will be tolerated in this section of the forum.

Why is this posted in the rules for the Lion's Den?

The rules clearly state Christian may post opinions, I have.

Sermons, my art work and my poetry is my sermon.

and so on. So I can even post more than I already have? Really?

But as far as tolerance. Maybe a few are but there is enough anti Christian biased here to call for Jihad!

I serious think that because these type of post stir up so much anger and hostility that you all should ban together, ask to the mods to ban all Christian opinions, sermons and so on and then you can all live peacefully.

Perhaps these Christian trouble makers should be done away with.

Someone's got their jammies in an uproar.

One thing you don't understand, Amy Marie, is that we used to believe it. We once upon a time bought all that Christianity spouted. We no longer subscibe and are able to see it in way you are not able to. It doesn't really have anything to so with you. Why do you take things so personally?

And that's the reason why I, personally, don't argue with you anymore Amy. Because what you believe is what you believe, and there's nothing I can do about it. And there are no arguments that can be passed between us to convince either one of us.

But Burnedout do have a point. It's not like 100% of everyone that have a form of incident in their life suddenly turn around. But many do find themselves change and start thinking about who they are, and what they believe, after a tragic even. Many do change their views, opinions and beliefs, but not everyone.

I didn't change my belief immediately after my family's accident. It took several years before things started to click in my brain. Some people become more extreme in the belief after a tragedy, while others leave their belief. That's just how it is.

Isn't it the case that you went deeper into belief after some of the tragic events in your life?

Amy,

I've not responded directly to any of your previous posts, so by way of introduction, let me take the opportunity.

Indeed, you have posted your opinions, poetry, and with obvious conviction and sincerity.

And of course, there is anti-christian bias. You should expect that. This is a site where members are exchristians, and a number of them have had some very bad experiences in their respective fellowships. I didn't, but that didn't alter the outcome for me.

Jihad? Amy...settle down and think of what that would mean. It would mean the atheist equivalent of what the christian reconstructionists propose. And that is decidedly off the table for just about every one here. Most people here actually believe in religious freedom. And that means the freedom to be accepted as an unbeliever, the default position. Unfortunately, too many of us have seen bias in everyday life in America against those who simply do not believe. According to a poll, atheists are the least trusted people in the country, and that without any basis whatsoever. After that, why should you wonder and rant that there is anger and hostility from us against the "believer" community?

It is not you xians that are in the oppressed minority, Amy, it is us. And it is entirely unjustified.

So...if you write posts that are the equivalent of a cyber-tract, you should expect that it's not going to earn you any "Hail Amy"s. We've been there, done that, and come away rejecting it. If you're willing to ask questions, accept, and respond on a thinking and reasoning level, I for one am willing to talk with you in a venue of mutual respect.

So un-wad your shorts, and decide...do you want to stay, or go.

Best wishes.

“Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived” (Oscar Wilde)

This is the section of the board to post Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on. Even will be tolerated in this section of the forum.

Why is this posted in the rules for the Lion's Den?

Since HanSolo didn't answer this one, I'll field it.

Ex-Christian.net is NOT primarily a debate forum. It was NEVER intended to be. The EXPRESS purpose of this site is for RECOVERING members of the Christ cult. A place for ex-Christians to recover, heal, lick their wounds and find a SUPPORT group. Think of alcoholics anonymous and you'll understand.

The ONLY reason the Debate Section was created was to funnel Christian interlopers into one area where they could be dealt with. We got tired of them intruding into other areas of the board where their presence was not wanted. The debate section (now divided into three areas) was created in an effort to allow Christians a place to express themselves.

But that does not imply that their views are wanted, nor even will be ACCEPTED. (Huge difference from TOLERATION.) Think of this as the ex-Christian's being magnanimous in allowing Freedom of Speech for opposing views. Something WE never experience on Christian Forums.

Amy Marie, just because you've been allowed the Freedom of Speech, that does NOT mean that we must ACCEPT that speech. This is OUR forum (you should know this by now, we've repeated it enough times). These are OUR rules. If they don't meet with your approval, then you will find all the exits clearly marked. No one is stopping you from taking your ball and going home. Nor will anyone ban you for being a pretentious little whiney bitch who gets all angst ridden every time someone bashes your imaginary lover boy, Jesus.

Stop being an attention whore. Stop whining. Either learn the rules of OUR game and play by them, or go the fuck away. You're a tiresome bore.

This is OUR place of recovery. Not your perverted little soap box/pulpit for you to gain converts.

Opinions are cool? OK! I've got a caption for amy marie's illustration that she calls art.

"Oh, Jebus, I love you so! I want to fuck your brains out!"

"Oh, poor girl, AM. Didn't you know I am gay? It's John, Lazarus and Timothy that I love."

Amy Marie. Am. I am. Clever, for a spoofer.

Roman, I don't care if you say it is or not, this is no scare tactic. For every thing you do, such as that blasphemous behavior, you will be judged by Jesus Christ, who you blaspheme.

Roman, I don't care if you say it is or not, this is no scare tactic. For every thing you do, such as that blasphemous behavior, you will be judged by Jesus Christ, who you blaspheme.

He's your god not mine...let him judge you and leave him out of my business.

To Amy:

I can only say this so many times....you are welcome to post your opinions as often as you want...and we are welcome to tell you what we think of said opinions.

If you don't want your beliefs questioned then don't come here, because we WILL question, is that simple enough for you?

Can you please stop acting like a martyr now? Its getting old.

"Whom," Scott. "Whom you blaspheme."

Jesus Christ is not the judge in your religion. God is the judge in your religion. Try to remember who's on first, please.

I am so into taking religious advice from 18-year-old fundamentalist Xians.

Tell me Scott, do you masturbate?

Do you hear that Roman? Scott's not trying to scare you, BUT if you don't stop your blasphemous, blaspheming then the Father will Judge you, the Spirit will Abandon you, and the Son will Destroy you. Not trying to scare you though.

Jesus Christ is not the judge in your religion. God is the judge in your religion. Try to remember who's on first, please.

I am so into taking religious advice from 18-year-old fundamentalist Xians.

"For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgement to the Son" John 5:22

Jesus is the judge.

Do you hear that Roman? Scott's not trying to scare you, BUT if you don't stop your blasphemous, blaspheming then the Father will Judge you, the Spirit will Abandon you, and the Son will Destroy you. Not trying to scare you though.

What, and Christianity isn't a DEATH CULT!!?!!??!! Is there any other relgion so preoccupied with death? It's just sick.

If you rape and murder someone, you will go to prison, will you not? Many times you will be put to death. The judge is righteous in sending you to prison. Is this a scare tactis or empty threat? No, he's simply tell you what will happen. It's your choice to obey the law, or to break it.

If you rape and murder someone, you will go to prison, will you not? Many times you will be put to death. The judge is righteous in sending you to prison. Is this a scare tactis or empty threat? No, he's simply tell you what will happen. It's your choice to obey the law, or to break it.

Do you get thrown in prison for Jay-Walking? Do you spend the rest of your life in proson for not wearing your seat belt? Do you get executed for stealing a candy bar?

Most murderers and rapists get parolled after a few decades. Hell is forever!!!

So, God is NOT a rightous judge because his punishment does not fit the crime.

I want to try and guess Scott's response.

The Bible is the word of God. It is not for us to judge the Judge.

Do you get thrown in prison for Jay-Walking? Do you spend the rest of your life in proson for not wearing your seat belt? Do you get executed for stealing a candy bar?

Most murderers and rapists get parolled after a few decades. Hell is forever!!!

So, God is NOT a rightous judge because his punishment does not fit the crime.

See, you are using human logic in regards to something that is far beyond us. Sin is horrible in the sight of God. Hell is a just punishment. Now, before we continue to discuss whether hell is a just punishment or not, what do you believe about hell? What do you picture when you think of hell?

When I believed in Hell, I thought that it was complete absence from God.

Nothingness. Void. Alone. Blackness.

The Christian God is just as blood thirsty as any of the Aztec Gods. According to the Bible he demanded the sacrifice of Jesus Christ when the ALMIGHTY PUPPETMASTER could have fixed sin before the earth was created....but NOOOOOOOOOO. He had to feed his arrogant, bloodthirsty, petty ego with blood. NO different than what the Aztecs did to men, women, and children on a stone altar as they took a knife and ripped the beating hearts out of the victims. At least those victims died quickly. ...no...Christians, your God has just as big a penchant for blood....so FUCK YOU!

Jesus was his son! Most Christians and anyone else would have a problem with child sacrifice, but Chistians think it's jsut fine for their god to do it.

So then, would you consider that consious nothingness? If that is what hell is like, how is that unjust?

So then, would you consider that consious nothingness? If that is what hell is like, how is that unjust?

You do know that's a Jehovah's Witness concept, don't you?

Solitary confinement is what they use to punish prisoners. That's as near to hell as I think that we can get. Is it just? Justice in my opinion can only be approximated by law. Law it seems to me follows an if... then... format. So I guess it depends on what follows the "if" and what follows the "then". If I am not making myself clear then it's probably because I've never attempted to express these things.

Jesus was his son! Most Christians and anyone else would have a problem with child sacrifice, but Chistians think it's jsut fine for their god to do it.

Do you think Jesus went to the cross against His Will? No.

"No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again." John 10:18

Sin is horrible in the sight of God. Hell is a just punishment.

Wow. For someone who hates sin so much, he sure does do it a lot. Murder, forced abortion, lying, decieving, torturing, advocating wife stealing, threatening etc.

He is the one that deserves hell for eternity